Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. (43317 Views)

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Sharing Of Ice-cream: How Many Did This When They Were Younger? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by twhy111(m): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
You spent close to 1.7million naira to feed your community alone. So when state government says they spent 60 million to feed the state, don't say they are trying to loot.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by twhy111(m): 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
is this palliative? Something that can't last for two days. See the look on the man's face

You should be jailed for this comment.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by adecz: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
Una the 'organizers',
how much of the money una
keep for unasef?

Talk true & shame the virus. wink

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by squad03: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
This is heart warming.
I am an avid supporter of this lockdown in an attempt to slow down the spread of the virus but I'm extremely worried about the devastation that hunger is threatening on the other hand.
It is gestures like this that make tomorrow worth looking forward to for the masses.

To those naysayers speaking about the items donated (in terms of quality/duration it'll last),the fact that you mock honey doesn't make it any less sweeter.The happiness and contentment in the heart of the recipients is the answer you are seeking.

In Nigeria, undernutrition is a very common denominator, it's only the extent of it that makes a difference.
May the brains,minds,hands and feet behind this golden gesture continually be blessed.More oil on your heads.

#Impactamidstthepandemic

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by WuzzyTech: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hazardfan1:
Due to the lockdown in the local Government I stay as a result of the obvious pandemic affecting both poor and rich, young and aged, some well-meaning youths in my community inclusive of myself and a group of some students' association members thought it good to raise funds from members of the community home and abroad to buy food items majorly Garri and Beans to feed the vulnerables amidst us lest they start dying because of hunger.

As at yesterday, 12th April, to the glory of God, we had raised approximately 1.7m, we bless all our amazing donors who decided to support the initiative with their resources, we started the journey on Monday and ended it yesterday.

We sought the approval of the DPO to tell his boys to allow us move about at road blocks, we also got approval from the King, Olu of Olode and his chiefs and Baale.

We were able to reach out to more than 27 quaters and gave food items worth close to 1600 naira to more than 1500 aged ones and vulnerables.

I am bringing this here to inspire those who have money and wouldn't think of helping those who are in need, people are really suffering and we shouldn't wait for the Government at all times, whenever we need to take the bull by the horn, don't let us hesitate. Whatever labour of love we engage in to make people happy, our reward is going to be in multiple folds.

I don't know the right section to post this but I am trusting admins to do the needful.

Cc Sanchez01 hahahaha I know u dey front dey beg as usual
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Coldie:

But u are not igbo.?

Who gave u the right to speak for igbos?

Stay there and be waiting for another human to dash you rights. Mumu.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Jamorezzi: 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Which one you do oga ? undecided
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by executive12: 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good initiative. May God bless you guys and the donors.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Molutex(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
is this palliative? Something that can't last for two days. See the look on the man's face
Remember it's not from the government. So stop saying this just appreciate and moved on
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by bbankky: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice one
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Glifted: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Na your type dey beg online posting account number to every post.

quote author=DontBullshitMe post=88397915]The people incharge of the distribution of the food appear to be malnourished. Makes me wonder the quality of what they share.

I pray some people don't become victims of food benevolence.[/quote]
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by tgbaba(m): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
I wonder why government can not adopt similar approach to reach out to people in lagos ogun and Abuja that are affected by the lock down.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by ola9ja(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
You are a very wicked person to have this kind of thoughts. Only God can deliver you

DontBullshitMe:
The people incharge of the distribution of the food appear to be malnourished. Makes me wonder the quality of what they share.

I pray some people don't become victims of food benevolence.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Basher8583:

Town crier... What have you contributed to the society other than noise

You are a fool..
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by olagbola45(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Babatunde40:
This kind of giving is better than donating billions to FG. I wonder what those people who donated to FG were thinking. Maybe they did it for political favor or recognition because the money has entered voicemail

Someone donated what will last 2 days according to you. Why don't you go there and donate what will last 1 month. If you can't, then just shut up

And did you know the money donated is audio money? the F.G just got 3.5billion out of the money so dont think the money has been given to F.G
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Burgerlomo: 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hazardfan1:
Due to the lockdown in the local Government I stay as a result of the obvious pandemic affecting both poor and rich, young and aged, some well-meaning youths in my community inclusive of myself and a group of some students' association members thought it good to raise funds from members of the community home and abroad to buy food items majorly Garri and Beans to feed the vulnerables amidst us lest they start dying because of hunger.

As at yesterday, 12th April, to the glory of God, we had raised approximately 1.7m, we bless all our amazing donors who decided to support the initiative with their resources, we started the journey on Monday and ended it yesterday.

We sought the approval of the DPO to tell his boys to allow us move about at road blocks, we also got approval from the King, Olu of Olode and his chiefs and Baale.

We were able to reach out to more than 27 quaters and gave food items worth close to 1600 naira to more than 1500 aged ones and vulnerables.

I am bringing this here to inspire those who have money and wouldn't think of helping those who are in need, people are really suffering and we shouldn't wait for the Government at all times, whenever we need to take the bull by the horn, don't let us hesitate. Whatever labour of love we engage in to make people happy, our reward is going to be in multiple folds.

I don't know the right section to post this but I am trusting admins to do the needful.

God bless you guys cool
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Yodexy: 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Bless you
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Benbelor(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Don't mind that guy, he is:

1. Not from the Igbo ethnic group

2. Simply clouting for attention

3. His brain is on isolation somewhere that is not his head

fk002:

Why are you igbos like this?

PS. I am not even yoruba
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by cuddling44(f): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
The people incharge of the distribution of the food appear to be malnourished. Makes me wonder the quality of what they share.

I pray some people don't become victims of food benevolence.
I hardly comments here.... but orie ti gbaleeee
Richie richie show us ur half Derica of d cheapest garri donation not even donations oooo

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by MisterChairman(m): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
You raise 1.7m .. And the food items am seeing there I bet they not worth 400k ... So where remaining 1.3 went to ?
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Basher8583: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lifedonor:

You are a fool..

Insults does not count as a contribution
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Enwhen:

So with this your wonderful work u did descriminate ?...that's very bad we Are all Nigerians , it ought to be equal right....In the north every elderly was given same package nothing like the set of people go and share this number...weldone but u people should stop that, the essence of helping is us to prevent death by hunger and nobody deserve it.

We didn't discriminate, we gave the same portion to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Thanks to everyone who offered prayers and sweet words.

To others who choose to throw insults and demeaning words, I am not surprised, Nairaland has a mixture of both worlds.

We spent over 1.6 million naira, we have about 100k left.

We were initially at debt until someone transferred 175k....

We didn't do this for any financial gains, those who got 2 congos of beans and 3 congos of Garri nd Spag were too happy. I wish I could post videos of them praying for us.

That alone is enough to bring smiles on our faces.

Cc Misterchairman

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
AuroraB:
...and they snap am picture join, come post am for the whole world to see sad
I hate this thing.

How would people believe or learn one or two from this if pictures weren't taken? Mind you we got people outside the country who sent 100k, 50k, 175k, don't you think they deserve to see what their contribution was used for?

Why are some of you always negative minded?

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mac2016:
People batching the food were uncovered and unmasked... Corona virus extravaganza

Here isn't Lagos, it's a place in Osun....

There has been no single case of Corona virus recorded.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by rhodman: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
This is good
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Enwhen(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hazardfan1:

We didn't discriminate, we gave the same portion to everyone.

Weldone...share it without race, religion, tribe ...your reward is in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Mac2016(m): 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hazardfan1:

Here isn't Lagos, it's a place in Osun....

There has been no single case of Corona virus recorded.
Osun state has Covid-19 patients nao or am I mistaken?
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by tonididdy(m): 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
@seun
What can you do for nairalanders.

... If possible setup a go fund me page. This is time to be United, very soon if care is not taken, our least problems will be money.

Let's join hands and make a change for ourselves, since our leaders have failed us.
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by tonididdy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
olagbola45:

And did you know the money donated is audio money? the F.G just got 3.5billion out of the money so dont think the money has been given to F.G
So apparently dabgote is yet to fulfill his 2billion or is it uba yet to fulfill their 1billion?

Biko how old are you? undecided
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Tinkybabe(f): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Very laudable gesture. God bless you guys immensely. This act is worth emulating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? / See Variety Of Nigerian Soups. (pictures) / Hilda Baci Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.