Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty (2400 Views)

The Amazing Moment A Bride Said Her Wedding Vow In ‘Tech Language’ (Video) / My Prospective Mother-in-law,once God Blesses Me / She Call It Quit Because I Said Her Food Is Not Sweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by mobileboy: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
V
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by mobileboy: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
The guy is very childish and the lady is unwise

There is nothing wrong if your lady made a comment about the food she ate, she didn't say it the presence of your mother so she has respected your mother enough

The lady is unwise, she should have deduced the man is not having any of her talk and she should have stop

Couples like this will separate because if how to press toothpaste

1 Like

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
24kmagic:
Staged
probably but the question is what would u have done or do u think it was handled properly
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Ryan03(f): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

See how you dey reason like fish
you go about Insulting everyone who doesn't agree with your useless hate-filled view. Your brain is full of relaxer, nor let hatred kill you o, but from the look of thing, you will die in this hatred

1 Like

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Ryan03(f): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
YINKS89:
so you can allow someone to speak ill of your mom... Bro you don't know what some mum went through to ensure they re wre they re also if you don't reprimand that kind of lady she would do worse also if it had been the other way round do u think that girl would have reacted that way
so the food is salty is now an insult? I dont understand?
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Ryan03(f): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
Belafonte:
The girl lacks discretion. The worst thing a man can do is marry a foolish woman who lacks discretion.

You don’t have to say everything you see. Also, when you realize you’ve hit sensitive topics, you should diplomatically relieve tensions, not double down.

I don’t know what she was expecting the dude to say, that he’ll choose her over his mum? Leemao.

A foolish woman is a danger to her husband. Abort mission.
you didn't read where she told the guy to just drop the issue when she noticed he was getting angry? What else did you expect?

2 Likes

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by seniorgozman(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
There is nothing wrong with what the girl said. The Guy needs to grow up

2 Likes

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ryan03:
so the food is salty is now an insult? I dont understand?
guy this thing is very simple it could have been a mistake on the mothers part and am sure ts not an everyday thing ND what happens to not talking atall
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
YINKS89:
so you can allow someone to speak ill of your mom... Bro you don't know what some mum went through to ensure they re wre they re also if you don't reprimand that kind of lady she would do worse also if it had been the other way round do u think that girl would have reacted that way
she's not speaking ill. Just telling the plain truth. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Or would you rather discover that she throws your mother's food away?

2 Likes

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

I guess your dumb after all grin
Obviously you're not the last that's gonna tell me that . Everyone has the right to express his or her opinion on a subject.

2 Likes

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Masonkaycares:
she's not speaking ill. Just telling the plain truth. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Or would you rather discover that she throws your mother's food away?
bro u not getting the point she ate it there it's not compulsory to make a remark on something like that when a question was not asked on it.... If you follow through the chat it's the lady that brought up the ish and not the guy.. she shouldn't have even make mention of it
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
YINKS89:
bro u not getting the point she ate it there it's not compulsory to make a remark on something like that when a question was not asked on it.... If you follow through the chat it's the lady that brought up the ish and not the guy.. she shouldn't have even make mention of it
she had to . Stop living in a lie
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Masonkaycares:
she had to . Stop living in a lie
bro have u ever not lie in your lie... Baba he who has no sin should cast the first stone.... That's a stupid comment on her part
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
YINKS89:
bro have u ever not lie in your lie... Baba he who has no sin should cast the first stone.... That's a stupid comment on her part
On a serious note I don't tell unnecessary lies
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
Masonkaycares:
On a serious note I don't tell unnecessary lies
then I think you have answered your question urself

1 Like

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Blackfriday: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
YINKS89:
then I think you have answered your question urself
lol.... I swear, I like you already.
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Homeboiy: 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Observations:

The guy was mad at her because its not the first time of the girl complaining about his moms food been salty.

The guy clearly stated to her that next time when she comes,she should reject the food,than eating and complaining afterwards.

Even your mind will not find it funny with you her son if u criticise her food.
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2020
Homeboiy:
Observations:

The guy was mad at her because its not the first time of the girl complaining about his moms food been salty.

The guy clearly stated to her that next time when she comes,she should reject the food,than eating and complaining afterwards.

Even your mind will not find it funny with you her son if u criticise her food.
the moral of the post is not all you see you talk
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 6:16am On Apr 14, 2020
Blackfriday:
lol.... I swear, I like you already.
lol.. you know alot of people comment not knowing they already answered the question
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by NACE13: 11:09am On Apr 14, 2020
Mehn, that guy is so immature- how can a grown-ass man just agree with what ever his mom tells him. Even after the girl tried to wave the issue aside he still kept on riding on it. I guess the girl dodged a bullet because all I see is a Momma's boy who can't think for himself.

As for the lady, I feel that wasn't just the appropriate time to say such, I mean you just started out ruining a good morning after the 'man-boy' told you how exited his family were and also looking forward to seeing her again. Even though she said it with no intent to insult, that wasn't just the appropriate time to bring up such issue.

Almost everyone here claims their mom is the best, but still doesn't mean she can't put too much salt in a food due to one reason or another; not all mothers are great cooks abeg. Una (we Nigerians) too dey over-hype this mother issue like they are gods on earth and can never be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Ryan03(f): 11:46am On Apr 14, 2020
YINKS89:
guy this thing is very simple it could have been a mistake on the mothers part and am sure ts not an everyday thing ND what happens to not talking atall
if you can't be free to joke about simple things like this, I wonder what you joke about. The girl saw it as a joke and immediately she noticed the guy didn't get the joke, she tries stopping it. Buy instead, the mummy's boy who was looking for a way to remind her of her position in his life quickly held onto it like a life jacket.
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ryan03:
if you can't be free to joke about simple things like this, I wonder what you joke about. The girl saw it as a joke and immediately she noticed the guy didn't get the joke, she tries stopping it. Buy instead, the mummy's boy who was looking for a way to remind her of her position in his life quickly held onto it like a life jacket.
bro, she shouldn't have made that statement also you call the guy mummies boy let's get things straight here I can't let someone insult my mum no matter what. The question I'll ask you is this if it where to be the other way round do you think the lady would have accepted it? Let's be sincere here we know Nigeria ladies if you give them a lil bit of chance then they might do more
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
NACE13:
Mehn, that guy is so immature- how can a grown-ass man just agree with what ever his mom tells him. Even after the girl tried to wave the issue aside he still kept on riding on it. I guess the girl dodged a bullet because all I see is a Momma's boy who can't think for himself.

As for the lady, I feel that wasn't just the appropriate time to say such, I mean you just started out ruining a good morning after the 'man-boy' told you how exited his family were and also looking forward to seeing her again. Even though she said it with no intent to insult, that wasn't just the appropriate time to bring up such issue.

Almost everyone here claims their mom is the best, but still doesn't mean she can't put too much salt in a food due to one reason or another; not all mothers are great cooks abeg. Una (we Nigerians) too dey over-hype this mother issue like they are gods on earth and can never be wrong.
baba Ill only respond to the last paragraph for me I'll say my mum is the best and if am fortunate to find atleast 50% of my mum in my wife then am good to go
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by Ryan03(f): 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
YINKS89:
bro, she shouldn't have made that statement also you call the guy mummies boy let's get things straight here I can't let someone insult my mum no matter what. The question I'll ask you is this if it where to be the other way round do you think the lady would have accepted it? Let's be sincere here we know Nigeria ladies if you give them a lil bit of chance then they might do more
I didn't see it as an insult. People are different, what sounds like an insult to you might not be to someone else. Saying someone's food is salty doesn't seem like an insult to me, mothers are humans too, I dont see why we can't talk about them like everyone else

1 Like

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ryan03:
I didn't see it as an insult. People are different, what sounds like an insult to you might not be to someone else. Saying someone's food is salty doesn't seem like an insult to me, mothers are humans too, I dont see why we can't talk about them like everyone else
it's your opinion though so no need pressing further
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by NACE13: 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
YINKS89:
baba Ill only respond to the last paragraph for me I'll say my mum is the best and if am fortunate to find atleast 50% of my mum in my wife then am good to go

You just repeated what I said. My mother is also the best just like you claimed yours is too but I am saying you guys over-hype it like they are gods and can never make mistakes. Yes, they did very good in bringing you up and all but doesn't still make them perfect.
So you mean to tell me all the food you have eaten from your mother's pot are 100% perfect or your mother has never done any thing that irritated you? Please be sincere
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by NACE13: 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ryan03:

Thank you for this; I don't get why the dude is trying to paint his mom like a perfect being that cannot be criticized. If someone says that about my mother's food, I'll definitely not be happy about it but I cannot see it as an insult (the way the girl told her man).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
NACE13:

You just repeated what I said. My mother is also the best just like you claimed yours is too but I am saying you guys over-hype it like they are gods and can never make mistakes. Yes, they did very good in bringing you up and all but doesn't still make them perfect.
So you mean to tell me all the food you have eaten from your mother's pot are 100% perfect or your mother has never done any thing that irritated you? Please be sincere
not just my mum... Now let's look at it this way I came back from work and my wife cooks and it's a little bit salty do u think I'll complain.. I won't coz she put in alot of effort into the food and it's not the normal way she has been cooking so why make a fuse about it except if it becomes a norm
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by MeetNoble: 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
See our conscience is always there to direct us....

For the mere fact that the girl added “no offense” to d text showed that something in her told her that it was offensive, but she wanted to catch some fun at the expense of her bf’s feelings.

Some of you saying that she decided to end the whole drama when she said “they should end this discussion that it’s too early “......SERIOUSLY??
She realized that her supposed “joke” didn’t go down well with the guy and all she could think of was to “end that discussion”( because that would probably reduce her guilt and/or save them from more unpleasant utterances)
The guy was right to want to talk things right with her- I mean you don’t jst touch someone’s wound and tell them to forget you did!!!
A simple “I AM SORRY” would have soften the guys rage..... The apology doesn’t really mean you’re “wrong in airing your honest opinion”, it means you admit to making him upset and you want to END it.

Going down the chat, the girl just pissed me off the more.....

You want to end an impending danger and when the guy refused to END IT JUST BY FORGETTING ABOUT IT, you did not try to make him end it by proving you’re sorry
You now DECIDE TO USE HIS WEAKNESS AGAINST HIM.......( Another object of irritation)

She openly insinuated that the guy is behaving childish ( to which I totally agree), but why use that as a means to buy yourself out of your mess? That’s his insecurities and you can’t jst point that to his face as a means of proving your point
WHAT HAPPENED TO “UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES”??

Imagine the guy meeting the girl’s fam, and “joking” the next day on the text with ...... “Yes your dad was probably over excited that he was talking too much, spits was sometimes coming out of his mouth sef, no offense ooo”

In conclusion, the guy was probably immature in the manner he handled the chat going down
The girl was wrong to bring that up in the first place, but since she intended it as an harmless joke, I won’t hold it against her.
But she was TOTALLY wrong with the way she handled the issue when she found out that it didn’t go down well with the guy (pushing blames up to the point of bringing up one’s insecurities and weaknesses is a big deal breaker.

WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WAS THE GUY?
Firstly, I wouldn’t have reacted the way he did down the chat.... But be it as it may,
Being an introverted introvert, I would jst ignore her when she started those egoistic questions down the line chat.
The I would talk it through with her another day when I’m cool.

Try using my weakness ( in my case, “ not talking too much”) against me next time either to win an argument or to shift blame and I’m done with the relationship
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by MeetNoble: 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
NACE13:

The guy is probably immature to have given the answer he gave when the girl promted those questions...
The girl knew about this and she used it against him to bail herself out of the bad situation she caused for herself.
THAT IS A “BAD ENOUGH” THING TO DO

And to think that the screenshots are made from the girl’s end

Guy forget childishness, you probably have another weakness and how would you feel if someone you love exploits that in order to win an argument you personally know you’re right?
Re: She Said Her Prospective Mother In Law Food Is Salty by YINKS89(m): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
MeetNoble:
See our conscience is always there to direct us....

For the mere fact that the girl added “no offense” to d text showed that something in her told her that it was offensive, but she wanted to catch some fun at the expense of her bf’s feelings.

Some of you saying that she decided to end the whole drama when she said “they should end this discussion that it’s too early “......SERIOUSLY??
She realized that her supposed “joke” didn’t go down well with the guy and all she could think of was to “end that discussion”( because that would probably reduce her guilt and/or save them from more unpleasant utterances)
The guy was right to want to talk things right with her- I mean you don’t jst touch someone’s wound and tell them to forget you did!!!
A simple “I AM SORRY” would have soften the guys rage..... The apology doesn’t really mean you’re “wrong in airing your honest opinion”, it means you admit to making him upset and you want to END it.

Going down the chat, the girl just pissed me off the more.....

You want to end an impending danger and when the guy refused to END IT JUST BY FORGETTING ABOUT IT, you did not try to make him end it by proving you’re sorry
You now DECIDE TO USE HIS WEAKNESS AGAINST HIM.......( Another object of irritation)

She openly insinuated that the guy is behaving childish ( to which I totally agree), but why use that as a means to buy yourself out of your mess? That’s his insecurities and you can’t jst point that to his face as a means of proving your point
WHAT HAPPENED TO “UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES”??

Imagine the guy meeting the girl’s fam, and “joking” the next day on the text with ...... “Yes your dad was probably over excited that he was talking too much, spits was sometimes coming out of his mouth sef, no offense ooo”

In conclusion, the guy was probably immature in the manner he handled the chat going down
The girl was wrong to bring that up in the first place, but since she intended it as an harmless joke, I won’t hold it against her.
But she was TOTALLY wrong with the way she handled the issue when she found out that it didn’t go down well with the guy (pushing blames up to the point of bringing up one’s insecurities and weaknesses is a big deal breaker.

WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WAS THE GUY?
Firstly, I wouldn’t have reacted the way he did down the chat.... But be it as it may,
Being an introverted introvert, I would jst ignore her when she started those egoistic questions down the line chat.
The I would talk it through with her another day when I’m cool.

Try using my weakness ( in my case, “ not talking too much”) against me next time either to win an argument or to shift blame and I’m done with the relationship

you said alot which I agreed on but one thing I wouldn't agree on is the fact that you'd said the guy was childish... Like you said in the last paragraph tried using his weakness... Been angry at that point might have caused him to do a whole lot of things but he choose to do that and it didn't affect their relationship but to screenshot and post something like that then we re so done...what an certain about is the way we handle cases re different but we all arrive at the same result which is bringing up such comment except we want to be bias.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Camera Capture This Man Raped This Lady(full Video) / What Are The Things That Turns You Off In A Lady? / What I Noticed In Most Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.