Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors (55204 Views)

Yoruba Promise Shut Down North/South Border @ Jebba/Lokoja / Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors / Amaechi's House In Port-Harcourt On Security Lock Down Ahead Of Elections. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by busomma: 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
That's a great idea. May be nature will reduce their numbers in millions in line with survival of the fittest mantra. Their backward ways of thinking has been a clog in the wheels of Nigeria's development.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by essenjack(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
clown where the farm na for erosion ravage east or ontop water for Lagos ....70 of the agarian land mass and all all mass in Nigeria is in the north...i no say u no go proper school ...if them no farm millet,ceral ,maize ...u n go get beer ,cornflake and milo drink....

scomon! kub inua
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Annie939(f): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
they should be ready to see more covid 19 cases....and perhaps get more funds from the FG

FTC: I dedicate this to all Nigerians passing through difficult times this trying period...I pray a helper appear for each one of us in form of food palliative and bank alerts, AMEN!
don't mind them Ndi ARA
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Orpe7(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
If they start dying like flies
The South better lock their boarders
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Bahddo(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
The north will be the end of Nigeria.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by princejenks(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
like the north ever obeys any laws of the land, those folks operate on a whole different level from the rest of the country
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Ruthchy(f): 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
I support you on this
AkpaMgbor:

Ishola should indicate first..
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Ruthchy(f): 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
apholaryn:
you are a dumbass and a big hypocrite bro..u claimed u don't engage in tribal war yet u were mocking that dude if he would collect money from a Flaaatthead..and yea the beggings too much I agree with u but they are not forcing anyone to help them out..if u can ,good for dem ,if u cant ,just lookaway instead of displaying stupidity like u did..and your hypocrite too much sef ,we both know your brothers and sisters are included in this e-begging of a thing and they are even more and your tribalistic goat is making it seems like it's a religional thing..na thunder go faya ur lowlife balls..
you people voted for baba go meet him let him provide for you people.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ruthchy:
I support you on this
Ruth I'm just exposing their hypocrisy and foolishness...you see how they've become humble and sober..see how meek they are in begging? Now they no longer care if you're afonja or ipob..

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Ruthchy(f): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Ruth I'm just exposing their hypocrisy and foolishness...you see how they've become humble and sober..see how meek they are in begging? Now they no longer care if you're afonja or ipob..
Dont mind them Igbos are now they savior, before they said all kind bad words to Igbos,now they messiah Buhari government has abandoned them to their faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Miracle1991: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
Pastorayojide:
The north can't shut down and no action will be taken against them but buhari is shutting down the west, is kano not a cormecial city, it should be shut down too. The north economy will bloom while the west economy will be greatly affected. Hunger is dealing with thoes in the west seriously now. They should think of another method of combating the spread
how many infected and died in Kano state.
Children of hate,I know that is your job but can you use your brain next time when you want to wail?
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by apholaryn: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ruthchy:
swerve
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by apholaryn: 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ruthchy:
Dont mind them Igbos are now they savior , before they said all kind bad words to Igbos,now they messiah Buhari government has abandoned them to their faith.
keep on living in fool man's paradise....go feed u , feed ur family along with ur dogs if u have any.. tongue
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Ruby5: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Analysiscorner: 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Will you accept money from a flat headed ipob like me?
Amụ atọgbuo m!
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by oyatz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
How does Buhari declaring lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and FCT amount to attempts to cripple the economy of the SS/SE?

guru90:

Why Buhari gat mouth via Lagos, Ogun and FCT. Why not other states?

Think wise....
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by oyatz(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
New Yam Festival are pagan celebrations to mark the beginning of a new season and it's celebrated (under different names) among many tribes in West Africa

Charleys:

Point of correction, Yams are not farmed in the north.
Don't argue this one, I Sabi pass you for that one.

Go check the people that do new yam festival and you'll know where true yams are farmed.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by oyatz(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Why do you always see every issues from the ethno-political prisms?

This economic crisis following the lockdown affect those voted for Atiku, Buhari, Sowore, Moghalu and several other Nigerians who didn't vote at all.

Where's is your sense of humanity?

Ruthchy:
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Forumobserver12(m): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is why I will keep blaming the Federal Government on her poor handling of the this Covid-19 issue, what's the point locking down Lagos,Ogun and Abuja alone when the virus has already spread to other states of the federation? If Lagos and few other states eventually succeed in containing the spread, what's the guarantee that the decease wont resurface again since some states are not taking equal measure to contain the spread? are they going to stop people from these States from coming to states like Lagos afterwards?

If the Fed Government is really serious about the fight against the spread of this Virus, then we should have a nationwide approach instead of selective.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Buhari1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
One case for the goose. Another for the gander.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by omohlexy: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
shocked shocked what do you mean by under developed shocked ? 75% of roads in ogwashi uku is tide,ogwashi uku has up to 10 secondary school, ogwashi uku has up to Nine primary school, ogwashi has government polytechnic,ogwashi has up 5 standard hotel than your whole local government,ogwashi uku has three banks and another one is ongoing, ogwashi uku has produced more intelligent people and people that has made Nigeria proud than all your state.please prove me wrong if you can cheesy

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
i was there 25 yes ago. Went to look for the library I used to visit and I found it. Same way, only older.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Adaogwashi1(f): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
omohlexy:
i was there 25 yes ago. Went to look for the library I used to visit and I found it. Same way, only older.
so because of library you are now calling whole of ogwashi under developed shocked how many communities in Nigeria has develop more than ogwashi?

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by BeerParlour: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
if they lock down the farms amd famers in the north where una go get yams, beans onions beef,tomato etc to to eat....?

Core North na half desert.

Middle Belt is the food basket of the country
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Charleys: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
oyatz:
New Yam Festival are pagan celebrations to mark the beginning of a new season and it's celebrated (under different names) among many tribes in West Africa

Okay but in Nigeria the new yam festival is not celebrated by northerners. We all know the people who celebrate it and farm it. Google it if you don't know...

The truth is you were wrong by that your post, you need to admit that you failed. 10 years from now when you log into nairaland you will look back at that your post and realize that you are a failure.

grin

Lastly show me a place where it's named as a pagan celebration?
Yam was the main crop before even cassava came to Nigeria.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by BeerParlour: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
Evangel1998:
I am not trying to side anyone but the truth is that we are complaining of food meanwhile majority of our food is gotten from the North so if the lockdown is been exercised there it will really affect our country badly , and secondly this is rainy season which is a planting season , it's indeed useful season for growing most of our major crops .
Then for the spread of COVID-19 we should find an alternative measures that will be very effective so that it will not spread largely in the North...

You're an ignoramus.

The core North is half desert and unproductive.

Only middle belt states like Jos, Benue, Niger etc produce food.

Only in the core north you will see malnurish children/people.
They don't produce food.

Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by BeerParlour: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
StreetFight:

If they lock down the North, hunger will kill you in the South. You think you can drink your oil? Yam, tomatoes, rice, cassava, e.t.c. are all grown in the North

You're a fool.

North don eat bellyfull before giving others?

The core North is desert!

Beggers dey feed south?

1 Share

Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by BeerParlour: 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cotton:
Oga, most of what we eat comes from the North. Stop displaying your ignorance.

The Sahelian region(HausaLand) is half desert.
Does food grow in desert?

That's why they have been trying to conquer the Middle Beltern State.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by BeerParlour: 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cotton:
Charleys, that the fact that new yam festival is held annually in the east doesn't mean that is where the majority of our yams come from. The yam they call Onitsha yam is from the North. While we do farm yam in the south east, it is certainly not in the quantities that the north does.

What's your definition of North??

Ignoramus!
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Cantonese: 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
omohlexy:

Thank God you attended either Ogwashi uku polytechnic or one of the secondary schools there. I just guessed so as you said that you visited the library once again after 25 years. Thank God there was a library in the town for you to find the necessary information that you wanted. Surely you lived in Ogwashi in your youthful years (you cannot deny it) and you found peace, comfort and very loving people there.

Did you just use the library that you used 25 years ago as your yardstick to measure growth in Ogwashi uku? Surely that was a very wrong thing to do.

Why did you not endeavour to tell us about other areas that you visited and the changes that you found? 1995 is such a long time ago when you talk about growth in a city like Ogwashi uku. That's an ancient city that already had government presence and activities before 1930.

Did you not find better network of roads? Did you not find that small roads had become major roads just like Asaba? Asaba is just a little ahead of Ogwashi in terms of development because of its status as state capital. Did you not find better hospitality there than you experienced in 1995? Even before 1995 there was Bendel hotel (government presence again) right beside the police station. Did you visit the township stadium to see for yourself? Did you ask how much accomodation costs compared to 1995?

And by the way please tell us about your community so we can also talk about it. Be sincere enough not to give us a wrong name and tell us about infrastructural developments in your community so we can compare.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Hadsty23(m): 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
Dirty Cigarette Smoker cool
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by oyatz(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Igala, Igede, Tiv , Agatu, Ogori-Mangogo and several non Fulani Northerners (Non-muslims Northerners) also celebrate New Yam Festivals

Charleys:

Okay but in Nigeria the new yam festival is not celebrated by northerners. We all know the people who celebrate it and farm it. Google it if you don't know...

The truth is you were wrong by that your post, you need to admit that you failed. 10 years from now when you log into nairaland you will look back at that your post and realize that you are a failure.

grin

Lastly show me a place where it's named as a pagan celebration?
Yam was the main crop before even cassava came to Nigeria.
Re: We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors by Charleys: 12:07am On Apr 16, 2020
oyatz:
Igala, Igede, Tiv , Agatu, Ogori-Mangogo and several non Fulani Northerners (Non-muslims Northerners) also celebrate New Yam Festivals

Guy if you quote me again I'll curse you.
So Tiv and Igala are in the north.
Agatu is now north to you.

You are an illiterate and that's me being nice to you.

You haven't shown me where it's a pagan celebration yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Moment Imo Residents Walked Out From APC Town Hall Meeting With Shettima / Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.