Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,797 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118253 Views)

I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
but at the end those meds that u think are saving u will kill you.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Taiwojon(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
hmmmmmm
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Menance: 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
The best thing is to stick to a partner and avoid sharing sharp objects.

Heck! A man should be able to afford a 5k clipper, instead of sharing a barbing saloon clipper.

Does this sterilizing clippers with fire really work.. Because most barbers do it...
I had to rush to get my own clipper serviced because I felt exposed. But I just want to know.

Anybody that is informed kindly answer me.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by babtoundey(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

Here's a brainless one.

I couldn't help laughing at this.

This response is the true definition of mortal combat

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Avalancheman: 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
read your own post again. Now read it to yourself slowly

Don't learn the hard way bro. Go and buy your own clipper

This is how to get it from a clipper:

1. The barber deliberately uses the clipper to cut open Customer A who is HIV +ve after shaving his head bare.

2. The barber then immediately takes the clipper and cuts open an already bare-headed Customer B who is HIV -ve an ensures there is contact.

What is the chance of above ever happening bro

Don't be deceived, HIV is mainly through sexual transmission, not even kissing...
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Rossycee(f): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You managed them, are you one. I was opportune to take PEP for Hiv for 1 month. The side effect from those drug made me wish I was death. Headache, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea. Take a look at their gluteal muscle. It is always flat. It is a death sentence to me.
I'm not one. I'm a health worker and was trained to do so. PEP has side effects no doubt. Are you saying people living with the virus should go and commit suicide? It's not a death sentence, what will you say about people living with dreaded diseases like kidney failure and cancer?
In the case of HIV,
proper counselling and drug adherence matters.

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Poseidon000:

Aptly put, dear!

I've been on sleeping pills for a while now(largely because of my sleep regimen and corona), and decided on a hiatus after pang of drug-sickness, but the withdrawal symptoms is indescribably painful, how much more living permanently on drugs. Oh.. Imagine. And to think the drugs come with heavy side effects.

The knowledge of living all your on drugs should save as ample deterrence to those who may want to throw caution to the wind, because HIV is not a death sentence

Exactly my point.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by mechanics(m): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
It's well, your message will really motivate someone.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
XshegzzyeeiX:

Actually, you could pass your message across without being insultive.
I think your hypocritical eyes glossed over the phrase "living corpse" the fo.ol used to describe people living with hiv and scd, innit?

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 1stola: 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

If you're truly not promiscuous, na that woman give you.

BLAME HER!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by RTSC: 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
Menance:

Does this sterilizing clippers with fire really work.. Because most barbers do it...
I had to rush to get my own clipper serviced because I felt exposed. But I just want to know.

Anybody that is informed kindly answer me.
Even without sterilising it, a Nurse told me the virus will die if left exposed to air for a few minutes.
And the chance of getting HIV from clipper is almost zero.

Though fire is good to be on the safer side.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by illicit(m): 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
unscripted:
u r just a trash talker
and who are you again

mo.ron?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by KfashionHubb: 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skmoda:

I no fit forget 2017.....I can't just type ni sha undecided
But thank God it was negative smiley
oh ok you're the guy whose ex texted positive right? The guy from egbeda
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by kkoffo(m): 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I'm really sorry you got it the way you did.. I'm not really good at writing or expressing myself.. took me a great deal of time to put that one together.
I can take it down if you wish.
some people are just toxic don't worry about them keep up the good work Bro.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by GindoX(m): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
OP didn't share this when he has it, I wonder why people don't share it "as e dey happen sharp sharp"
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by franksam2009: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
Your girlfriend really played a fast one on you bro, and I guess you were too soft to read in-between lines, na elders and pastor dey settle this kind matter if she was faithful to you..
Anyway I believe she might still open up to you in future.

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
My brother hiv still better pass cancer, corona virus and even hunger.
At it stands now, I they say I should chose I will go for hiv. But you see hunger, and corona virus them bad pass any type of hiv
hmm I will sha choose Corona over hiv. But hiv is no death sentence as some dumbos here are portraying it to be

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by XshegzzyeeiX: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
Kevsmart88:
I wonder why most of you on this platform go about reading without comprehension. OP put this out to encourage those living with the virus and not to school you on morals. If you lack morals, go back home and be groomed properly over again. Nairaland is getting annoying by the day.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by NextD18: 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hisduchess:

This is very very insensitive of you, don't always want to be a Savage always,it isn't necessary.since you started using this your alternate you always sound very wicked without any form of empathy.donstan18 just have sense
So I don't have sense? cheesy cheesy grin

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Govo4me2u(m): 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
MrMicholo:
Thank you 4 this OP. I discovered my status few months ago 2, I felt my life was over, it was a terrible period coupled with the fact that I had no knowledge about the medical evolution & breakthrough being done on the virus.. I thought it led to death like it was years ago.. My C.O noticed my always lost and confused state and just gave me leave to get my shit together and one Nurse (A Lieutenant) counselled me ehh, told me whatsup and cleared my doubt ehh. I realized there was hope.

Am stronger now, back to leading my men.
Do you belong to any support group, Op?

This is very true; my sister died of HIV aids because she stop taking the
antiritroviral drugs as prescribed, she told me that she is tired. She was married to an HIV infected Doctor unknown to us because he presented a false medical report the painful part is he was my sisters first love. Had she stick to the drugs as suppose she wound have been till now.

8 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
OP, I.believe it took you a lot of courage to share this. Thank you.

I hope you'll disregard any insensitive comment. It is appalling that some persons have chosen to remain ignorant and tactless in this age.

I'm glad that you are not alone. You've got your wife.

Like you said, HIV, when detected early and followed up with consistently taking the anti-retroviral drugs is not a death sentence.

5 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by KfashionHubb: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
MENTORCH:

Bruv, 94percent of the time is through sex. I have bleeped so many girls raw in the past, but I will never try that nonsense again until I get married. I’m going to buy many packs of condom today.The one I ordered online is wasting time to arrive. Lol
even prostitutes too right?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by westernboy(m): 10:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

A lonely tear drop
This write up can give extra 4live line

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Burruchaga71(m): 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
klenton:

oga, what exactly is the moral of this your story, that once someone texts positive they should just marry their partner and procreate HIV free kids and everything will be okay??

if you don't want to tell a story and let people learn from your experience then dont
leaving out completely how u got the virus, handled the stigma and healed defeats what ever lesson your trying to put out there.

prevention as always is better than cure, from your story is obvious your family is rich and that explains why you have to get married immediately with the financial implications involved in not just the marriage but raising a family, yours might be an exception and that is not a lesson.
. Trash

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Chisave: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
They will know when US stops sponsoring it
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by XshegzzyeeiX: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

I think your hypocritical eyes glossed over the phrase "dead corpse" the fo.ol used to describe people living with hiv and scd, innit?
Em nat a hypocrite.
Just tryna embrace peace.
It will do you alotta positive benefits.
Have a great night.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sweetgala(m): 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
21cents:
HIV no dey show for face.

I once chased a girl out of my room cos she demanded a raw sex and I didn't yield to it.

to the op, i conclude your GF gave you HIV since you said you don't fuçk around. continue to stay strong bro.

The man said it clearly he spent a year working in charity helping the poor who have confirmed HIV he also worked in Borno and Benue, two states which have a rather high volume of confirmed HIV cases.

And all you could say is you suspect his partner.

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Kubernetes: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ningen:
I think you got it from your girlfriend.
Damn. She must be a very talented actress.

She is indeed a cheat n a murderer
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
It's a good thing you are out. Nigerians should be able to express their health status, sexuality, etc. FREELY without being stigmatized. Stigmatization (for whatever reason) is bad! I'm really touched by this story.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Catchfirez: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
sammycashly:
you are joking abi grin you are joking abi

I'm not joking.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
i had unprotected sex january 15 2019 i tested on october2019 the test come out negative eventhough i had all the symptoms and even rght now im having some im always weak since that time fever almost every week swollen lymph node in my neck and groin. but this your story wont lure into believing that its not a death sentence i know whenever i tested positive for it my life is over. i dont want to take that poison u called antiretroviral everyday of my life.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sweetgala(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
true..the quickest way to get it is sharing infected syringes with each other(common with drug junkies) then also unprotected sex.the believe that hiv virus can remain in an infected blood when that bloodstain is exposed for a long time for a long time when exposed is completely false.

The most direct way of getting HIV is even via direct blood contact. Transmission through unprotected sex is a dangerous gamble at best, there are several research that show male to female transmission is more prevalent than female to male for several reasons.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.