Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118262 Views)

I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by saajus: 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
All this while...You can get cheap one na
ufotty2001:
It is time to buy my own clipper
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by duchaB(m): 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
ibkkk:
Hmmm... It's well.

: Quote me stupidly at your own risk. I'm a WITCH
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Votewisely2019: 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
@OP thanks for your write-up and how you feel about it all, Irrespective of the negative comments, be assured that you are a strong icon of hope to many persons living with HIV. Thank God with advancement in healthcare, people with HIV have better prognosis/life expectancy. I strongly wish to join you in creating a support group.

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Avalancheman: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
ladymorgana13:
People are busy saying his girl gave him HIV, no one took time to read and grasp when he said he went to work with HIV infected people in Tanzania and how he continued that same work when he came back to Nigeria. He could have been infected dealing with infected people, not taking proper precautions while handling materials used on infected persons. Then op left the story vague enough for people to assume that since he wasn't promiscuous then his now wife certainly was . Smh

Aside blood transfusion from an infected person, sex is the main means of transmitting contracting HIV.

Some people have started confusing Coronavirus with HIV...
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Catchfirez:

They can still breastfeed but not more than a year. Need to stop between 8 to a year.

Really, I don't know about that, I know a couple that the wife is positive and they are have been together for more than 12 years now but the husband remains negative, and they have 4 children, beautiful children, but she didn't breastfeeded any of the child.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Spe23: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 1stola: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You didn't tell us the side effect of all those antiretroviral drugs that you have been popping since five years. My brother HIV is a dead sentence.
Dead sentence grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by lastclaire4(f): 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Oga na ur girl give u, people like you are not always around and you know gals na.

thank goodness u re married and not only dat, happily married, and dat is d ultimate.

But me hmm, if i see ordinary butterfly flying away, i wil like to know where its coming from and where its heading to.

Lol I am rolling on the floor as I read this.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
JayJayGee:

I agree with you on knowing your partner's sexual history. But I'm quite curious as to how a lady will feel or what she'd think if I asked how many men she's slept with and the kinda men she's slept with? What do you think?

Well...I don't think its a big deal as no one is a saint. Even if you're now a born again or changed person, you were not born a saint. So, divulging your past to your partner shouldn't be an issue if the relationship must be based on trust. If they decide to dump you for telling them the truth, so be it. Means they were not meant for you. But if they are mature and understanding, they won't leave you cos they too are not any better. We all are striving to be our best.

The problem is that most partners will not be willing or honest enough to tell the truth about their sexual history. I don't know, its just their makeup or they don't really care about who they are dating. They feel like they don't owe you any explanations as to what they do with their bodies. And this is someone you intend to become one with in the nearest future. It baffles me. Why then do what you'll be ashamed to disclose to your better half in future?

Im a very free person and disclose whatever to whoever I'm dating without fear. At least you know who you're dealing with. Confession is good. It refreshes one and helps you move up quickly to the ladder of reformation.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Annie001: 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
madgoat:

grin you feel u have HIV?
See if u are feeling it , then u have HIV
grin God forbid
I think I am just imagining nonsense
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by CAPSLOCKED: 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
wich one is devlish toughts again.if i break up with the person who infected me with aids i dont see how that is being devlish.

THE GUY NO WISE. I READ THE STORY JUST SHAKE MY HEAD.
BUT GUY, THERE'S NOTHING LOVE CANNOT DO TO A MAN.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ruggedtimi(m): 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You didn't tell us the side effect of all those antiretroviral drugs that you have been popping since five years. My brother HIV is a dead sentence.
Google Magic Johnson
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by letitrainnow(m): 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Be strong

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Jaqenhghar: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
this is why its always important to have protected sex than to be nacking raw under the guise of trust.so how did ur girl react when she found she had HIV.did she blame u?
anyway having HIV is not the end of life.
Strap up but I hear guys on some public forums say stuff like"I'm diving in raw, "
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by OlawaleBammie: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
lastclaire4:

Lol I am rolling on the floor as I read this.

Ahh na so na, me i must to know the koko oo.

How a go contact something and i wont bother to know how it happend?? Even my ancestors go para for heaven abi na hell dem dey.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THE GUY NO WISE. I READ THE STORY JUST SHAKE MY HEAD.
BUT GUY, THERE'S NOTHING LOVE CANNOT DO TO A MAN.
yea maybe the love he has for is very strong but me i dont think i can love a girl wey infect me with hiv or any std.even if the love dey shock me immediately i know say she don infect the love don go cold.how i no go een sure say she infect me on purpose.u know there some girls who go on revenge mission infecting as many men as possible
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by andyanders: 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
klenton:

oga, what exactly is the moral of this your story, that once someone texts positive they should just marry their partner and procreate HIV free kids and everything will be okay??

if you don't want to tell a story and let people learn from your experience then dont
leaving out completely how u got the virus, handled the stigma and healed defeats what ever lesson your trying to put out there.

prevention as always is better than cure, from your story is obvious your family is rich and that explains why you have to get married immediately with the financial implications involved in not just the marriage but...
Did you ever go through what op stated or you found it hard to comprehend?
Op, you are a man and your advise and how you pulled through will encourage those with the virus to have hope.
Those equally stating that your girlfriend or wife infected you must have been out of their mind as you stated the humanaterian job you handled. God bls u nd yours.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Edavi234: 11:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bros, I write you with so much respect as regards to your reply to some of the comments here.

The article is very enlightening and full of knowledge

- OP God bless you.

merahki:

Why?
Thank you for posting that. Hopefully it would encourage somebody, somewhere, anyhow.
Own your story and your life
How can someone on an anonymous forum make you take down your post?
Don’t make me bring cane for you
Cheers

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Zakarisammy(m): 11:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
I need to run a test
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Edavi234: 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Savage reply..

Smart girl.

Respect!

Chi59:

I enlighten people, and don't suffer fools gladly. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nothing on earth can be compared to *GOOD HEALTH especially in this country...

Cancer is stil the deadliest of all...HIV positive isn't a death sentence only if u take those drugs regularly..

Taking drugs for the rest of ones lifetime is not a joke!!!!
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by valufone(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

You actually have a point but I didn't give anyone a reason to keep having unprotected sex.. I've actually preached abstinence all my life... The reason I shared a personal story was to encourage those that already have it that there is still life.. You can live as long as you want.

And someone with HIV is not a living corpse sir, choose your words wisely.. Their chances of growing old is high.. higher than sickle cell patients.. I thought you should know this actually judging from most of your comments I read here.

There is actually no cause for alarm! Both Hiv and Sickle cell are CURABLE.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by SexytorresE(f): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
I love ur courage . Happy for u Guys

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by MadeinHNDRXX: 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

Why you come get hiv written in your name..like you’re proud of the disease
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Strap up but I hear guys on some public forums say stuff like"I'm diving in raw, "
lol like the guy on ashawo beer palour who says he releases inside women and watch it flow out like a bosss grin grin grin
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by nairalandbeast1: 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
this is why its always important to have protected sex than to be nacking raw under the guise of trust.so how did ur girl react when she found she had HIV.did she blame u?
anyway having HIV is not the end of life.

Lost respect for you today

You are disgusting
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

Lost respect for you today

You are disgusting
like i care if u respect me or not sad

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ifko: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
madgoat:

Abi na... I dey do raw and nothing like HIV grin
I pity u be bracing now with ur sinful way hope u won't come herw and change ur madgoat to scarred
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by nairalandbeast1: 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
like i care if u respect me or not sad

You don't have to care

But you are not a kid

So at some point you need to start acting your age
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by lepasharon(f): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
oloriLFC:
You know this is a forum for blaming women 100%, right? Most of those who commented didn't see/pretended not to see he wrote that. It surely must be the woman. Smh!

I'm a woman but they're right jo.. if he wasn't promiscuous..how else did he catch it?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Edavi234:
Savage reply..

Smart girl.

Respect!

Thanks grin
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

You don't have to care

But you are not a kid

So at some point you need to start acting your age
shut up! if u dont like what i said u can scroll over.is it my concern if u having unprotected sex up and down.u will have aids wether u get hurt over the comment or not.if u dont want to get infected then strap up or practice abstenience.look at u getting all hurt just with the comment i made cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.