Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,895 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118260 Views)

I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Evercurious(f): 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
i believe the advice some churches give that intending married couples do HIV test b4 marriage is a wise idea.Imagine getting married to a girl with a wild past and not knowing the infections she might have carried.if she say no to the hiv test then u two can break up.

Just see the way you have turned this towards the lady.. Make amebo no kill unaa.. THEY HAVE MOVED ON AND STOP SOWUNG DEVILISH SEEDS IN PEOPLES HEARTS

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sammycashly: 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Catchfirez:
, yes sometimes, only avoid raw whenever she is on her period. Been dating almost a year and I'm still negative . Her viral load is undetected so couldn't be infected.
bro you get courage I swear...am not a stigmatizer
but if am in your shoes I dnt think I would have that courage to date her not to have protected sex with her.. not even in this world have an unprotected sex
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
You can leave the rest of your life been an HIV positive person and you can even leave more than a 100 years self, just follow ur normal prescription, you can have children also as woman but you can't breastfeed them, that is the only disadvantage, apart from that, nothing more.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Fearcom(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Thank you Op for sharing your story with us! .

I wish you all the best and I pray you and your wife love very long lives in the best possible health.
By God's special grace you will live to watch your children grow and fulfill destiny. They will become parents with children of their own
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by SouthEastFacts: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Catchfirez:
Nice op. HIv is not a death sentence. Currently Dating a Hiv positive Lady. I must tell you, she is an angel and that didn't change our sex life because I'm negative. Her viral load is undetected, she can't infect me as long as she remain undetected. Hiv is not a death sentence, as long they take there drugs and eat healthy. So many people are ignorant about this. They need to be educated. A Hiv positive person is more healthier than the partner you are dating at the moment. Because he or she knows his or her status.
Angel because she is positive.

You need help

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Catchfirez: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
sammycashly:
bro you get courage I swear...am not a stigmatizer
but if am in your shoes I dnt think I would have that courage to date her not to have protected sex with her.. not even in this world have an unprotected sex

That's why is good to read and ask questions. It only in Africa that ignorance kills more than a disease.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
sharone21:

It is also wise to carry out such tests in relationships were a partner wants sex before marriage ( especially men) since condom na lie.

Married men sorry for your wives biko.
i am yet to see a guy who would insist on having unprotected sex with a woman.most times its women who insist on no condom giving excuse that their body is reactive to rubber

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Catchfirez: 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
SouthEastFacts:
Angel because she is positive.

You need help

It's you that need help. Ignorances kills faster than a diseases.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Goddys:
I know people with sickle cell anaemia that have lived till old age. The above assertion that sickle cell anaemia patient has low chance of attaining old age is false once they cross over to mid thirty

[i]How many ?
You don't want to imagine the pain those people go through. I dated one when I was 21, didn't know her genotype because we were too young to make promises at that time . Her crisis was not the usual, so it was minimal but there was one i witnessed, Heck, I didn't know when I started crying for her.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
My sister you don't know what you are saying. I once took PEP for HIV, I wished I was death. I meant everything I told you.
Weve gone pass the hiv death sentence days my brother. Many people are carriers and don't look it. I spent stop them from living a healthy life on like some deases that Wil chop the money the person will still die. Malaria is even more deadly tha hiv. That's why people are advices to know their status so that they can start taking drugs in time. I'm hic negative and I will marry hiv positive if hiv is his only problem.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Naslow08(m): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
What are u saying sir? Please be informed, hiv is not only gotten through sex! Nigerians please be enlightened! And no it’s not semi-death people are living healthy with the virus for over 20 years. Certified trained health practitioner here!
9jaunite:

For the sickel cell blame the parrents
for HIV blame your mistake

the truth is bitter but those sickness are semi death we just pray for those with it and avoid it very well to avoid stories that touches the hearth
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Catchfirez: 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
You can leave the rest of your life been an HIV positive person and you can even leave more than a 100 years self, just follow ur normal prescription, you can have children also as woman but you can't breastfeed them, that is the only disadvantage, apart from that, nothing more.

They can still breastfeed but not more than a year. Need to stop between 8 to a year.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
AK481:

I was responding to your statement claiming that the most popular way of getting it...

Anal( by gays ) or experimental men comes top
By a distant second is vagina intercourses
well aids started with gays then they spread it to bisexuals then bisexuals spread it to straight ppl
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 9jaunite: 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Naslow08:

What are u saying sir? Please be informed, hiv is not only gotten through sex! Nigerians please be enlightened! And no it’s not semi-death people are living healthy with the virus for over 20 years. Certified trained health practitioner here!
ok oo
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Semperty:
hmm I will sha choose Corona over hiv. But hiv is no death sentence as some dumbos here are portraying it to be
You see? You will chose corona virus and I Wil chose hiv grin cheesy. Someone out there will chose cancer and another will even chose to loose bother legs than hhaving hiv cheesy grin
This life no funny
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Evercurious:

Just see the way you have turned this towards the lady.. Make amebo no kill unaa.. THEY HAVE MOVED ON AND STOP SOWUNG DEVILISH SEEDS IN PEOPLES HEARTS
wich one is devlish toughts again.if i break up with the person who infected me with aids i dont see how that is being devlish.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Evercurious(f): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lostz:

almost close to 10yrs now that I slept with any girl without condom.

the day I got STD was the day I swore never to dive in raw until I am married.

maybe na op girlfriend give am HIV. that is why it is not good to trust any girl

And.you expect another to trust you? Over sense worry you ooh
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by JayJayGee: 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Eulalia:
So touching.

Op, thing is, you might not be promiscuous but do you know about your partner? That is why celibacy is the best safety measure.
Many people don't care to know their partners hiv status before diving into them. They don't even know their partners sexual history. like how many men they've slept with and the kind of men; whether they were promiscuous or not. They just go ahead and start having raw sex.
I agree with you on knowing your partner's sexual history. But I'm quite curious as to how a lady will feel or what she'd think if I asked how many men she's slept with and the kinda men she's slept with? What do you think?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by madgoat(m): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
sircrabo:
It's painful when you don't womanise, carry olosho yet test positive to hiv when there are people who sleep with 4 prostitutes in a week out there that are negative

Abi na... I dey do raw and nothing like HIV grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by noisy45(m): 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You didn't tell us the side effect of all those antiretroviral drugs that you have been popping since five years. My brother HIV is a dead sentence.

That drug makes one hallucinate, dizzy it put one to sleep immediately and render one powerless and motionless and it is mostly taken at night before bed time
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by YemyTemmy: 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
Corona don bench HIV nah, all of them na lab made virus to control world population
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
You see? You will chose corona virus and I Wil chose hiv grin cheesy. Someone out there will chose cancer and another will even chose to loose bother legs than hhaving hiv cheesy grin
This life no funny
corona is actually not as dangerous as its portrayed to be by the media. I have no underlying issues and I'm still a young man so I'd choose coro that can varnish after few weeks than hiv that has no known cure yet.
Moreover I loathe drugs.. taking drugs every single day of your life ain't a fun feat.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by madgoat(m): 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Annie001:
What are the early symptoms of this deadly disease?
Anyone

grin you feel u have HIV?
See if u are feeling it , then u have HIV

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sammycashly: 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Catchfirez:

That's why is good to read and ask questions. It only in Africa that ignorance kills more than a disease.
I guess you dnt stay in Africa
anyways I just said my own opinion
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by saajus: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is the reason why I pity many Nigerian women that always make excuses for their randy husbands. Ladies, if your husband is promiscuous, he's going to bring diseases home for you. God help you, if his own immune system is strong, you may die of the disease and he will still be alive. I knew a promiscuous man in the area where I grew up. He always visits brothels. At a point, his gentle nice wife started getting sick, and she was taken to hospital. They ran several tests and HIV test came positive. Her husband confessed that he slept with some prostitutes and maybe he contracted it from them. The woman became skeleton before she died, the randy man is still alive after 15yrs, he is in the undetectable zone, he has remarried, has more children and enjoying life.
It's sad because his wife was very calm, collected and brilliant.

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Naslow08(m): 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Yes they are free in most government hospitals that are accredited
lordeoregon:
Do people really have access to antiretrovirals and PEP in Nigeria? I rarely see information about this at hospitals, even in university hospitals.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Yoyostic: 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Na wa for people!HIV is not only transmitted through sex for those blaming his GF. The poster said he worked as a volunteer in an AIDS organization.He might have gotten it from there.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Avalancheman: 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
@Evercurious

Why are you ladies just supporting OutharryHIV's wife up and down

If OutharryHIV is very happy and doing well, he won't bring his story here at all.

That he is sharing this shows he may be desperately trying to heal. Forget all the "I'm trying to encourage somebody" story. There are enough counsellors out there for PLWH. Every time, they go get their drugs, they are counselled.

How can someone who has never been promiscuous suddenly come down with HIV having known only his then girlfriend cum wife

So unfair!!!
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ufotty2001: 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
It is time to buy my own clipper
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Dirpetaner: 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
The op is awesome. The points in a nutshell:
1) HIV is not a death sentence
2) you cannot be too careful
3) You are not alone if you are positive

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ladymorgana13(f): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
People are busy saying his girl gave him HIV, no one took time to read and grasp when he said he went to work with HIV infected people in Tanzania and how he continued that same work when he came back to Nigeria. He could have been infected dealing with infected people, not taking proper precautions while handling materials used on infected persons. Then op left the story vague enough for people to assume that since he wasn't promiscuous then his now wife certainly was . Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.