Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118346 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Millenniumlady(f): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lostz:

a woman I married with my own money will cheat on me and still infect me with HIV?

I will just smash your head against the wall in anger
That is if she don't kill you before you kill her

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Millenniumlady:
That is if she don't kill you before you kill her

dea there na.

no one can kill me

fear will not let her cheat on me because if I catch her........

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
Kingarthur21:
your ignorance is not the problem,the problem is how you got 16 likes for this
I swear, ret.arded mofos full this forum

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
u go for test
lefulefu I know you from sport section. Baba I no Wan go for any test grin I de fear
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lamb101:
lefulefu I know you from sport section. Baba I no Wan go for any test grin I de fear
its the only way for u to be very sure oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
so how did you get the disease then?
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.
I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
jelel6:

This are the kind of insensitive and thoughtless people who go about saying or typing things faster than their brains could process the difference between night and day when they see it.

What kind of human boldly writes something as idiotic as "Sickle cell And HIV sufferers are living corpses?"

Such a stupid statement.

What's the truth according to you? If in your wrapped mind HIV persons have themselves to blame, what about those suffering from Sickle Cell disease? Did they chose their parents?
What truth do you have to tell these set of people whose only crime was that their parents probably didn't make the best choices and nature gave them unfavorable genes?

Even men and women who are chaste till marriage will eventually have unprotected sex with themselves. And if one partner becomes unfaithful afterwards, the other is just as prone to STIs as every one having unprotected sex for procreation. People still get infected despite knowing only one sexual partner even in marriage. You see how your narrow outlook and statement accuse even those with the best of behaviors?

Think. Think. Think. Before you write or say anything, THINK. You don't have to say anything Everytime. Silence sometimes is a thin line foolish people cross as soon as they speak.

Peace
the guy really foolish. It's virtually impossible to make foolish people wise. So just leave him to bask in his foolishness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
9jaunite:

For the sickel cell blame the parrents
for HIV blame your mistake

the truth is bitter but those sickness are semi death we just pray for those with it and avoid it very well to avoid stories that touches the hearth
so someone who has hiv or is sickle celled should not live a normal life because he/she is a living corpse right? Didn't you see the rubbish that foolish guy she quoted said? Or you self follow dumb?

8 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
its the only way for u to be very sure oo cheesy
it is well o
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 9jaunite: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Semperty:
so because someone has hiv or is sickle celled he should not live a normal life because he/she is a living corpse right? Didn't you see the rubbish that foolish guy she quoted said? Or you self follow dumb?
nope i did not agree with the guy
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Catchfirez: 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nice op. HIv is not a death sentence. Currently Dating a Hiv positive Lady. I must tell you, she is an angel and that didn't change our sex life because I'm negative. Her viral load is undetected, she can't infect me as long as she remain undetected. Hiv is not a death sentence, as long they take there drugs and eat healthy. So many people are ignorant about this. They need to be educated. A Hiv positive person is more healthier than the partner you are dating at the moment. Because he or she knows his or her status.

25 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Skmoda(m): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lamb101:
I no fit forget 2017.....I can't just type ni sha undecided
But thank God it was negative smiley

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skmoda:

I no fit forget 2017.....I can't just type ni sha undecided
But thank God it was negative smiley
LOL grin

Your comment makes me remember that this life is one.

The moment you are positive that's all.

Chaiii

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You didn't tell us the side effect of all those antiretroviral drugs that you have been popping since five years. My brother HIV is a dead sentence.
My brother hiv still better pass cancer, corona virus and even hunger.
At it stands now, I they say I should chose I will go for hiv. But you see hunger, and corona virus them bad pass any type of hiv

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Humanoid01(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I'm really sorry you got it the way you did.. I'm not really good at writing or expressing myself.. took me a great deal of time to put that one together.
I can take it down if you wish.
You want to take your post down because someone decided to rush to comment on your thread without processing the message properly? You don't need to do that sir! You can't blame yourself for his failure to understand something as simple as this.

11 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:
The statement "HIV is not the end of your life " is nothing but scam.

It is the end!

Just like Sickle Cell patients.

They are all living corpse. Let's embrace the truth, enlighten people on the dangers of HIV and stop giving them reasons to have unprotected sexual activities.
Just imagine what someone with a brain typed. So all the people that have died in your family are either hiv of ss? My mom died at 37, she was neither SS nor hiv positive. But a woman in my neighborhood died few months ago at the age of 74yrs and she's SS. Malaria even kills more and faster than hiv and SC.

17 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Hisduchess(f): 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

They are all living corpse. Let's embrace the truth, enlighten people on the dangers of HIV and stop giving them reasons to have unprotected sexual activities.

This is very very insensitive of you, don't always want to be a Savage always,it isn't necessary.since you started using this your alternate you always sound very wicked without any form of empathy.donstan18 just have sense

15 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by jericco1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Don't get your hopes up undecided
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by noCAP(m): 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

This is very insensitive, you sick bastard.

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by lilmax(m): 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

LORD grin grin grin
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by AreaFada2: 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Oh dear. Things do happen.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by yeyeosoronga: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Like every human, she was shocked and couldn't accept the result but like I said earlier, we chose to put it behind us and move on.
And she didn't blame me.. she knows me and the kind of life I live and what I have been doing..
We dated for 8 years before marriage.

Did you have any sexual encounters in Tanzania when you went to help out with their HIV community programs?

5 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by janettee(f): 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I'm really sorry you got it the way you did.. I'm not really good at writing or expressing myself.. took me a great deal of time to put that one together.
I can take it down if you wish.

Don't take it down.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by WaleFoto(m): 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

since u said u weren't promiscuous, I was actually expecting u say the possible areas u could have gotten d infection from.
and are u sure ur gf wasn't promiscuous since u weren't cos to d best of my knowledge. HIV won't just jump on u from nowhere

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by janettee(f): 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
thats why she wasnt mad and angry when op told her he is hiv positive.u think a girl who is faithful to u and u tell her u hiv positive and she found out she was positive as well will take it calmly grin

Op has moved on from that, you should too.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Digmygold: 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
internationalman:
I fear getting a girl who I don't plan on marrying pregnant more than contracting any of these viruses...

Then ensure you dont have unprotected sex until marriage.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by kristana(f): 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

What Ignorance!. HIV is never the end of life...For your information there are worse disease conditions that kills faster than aids. E.g Hepatitis..There has been a rapid improvement in Hiv treatment in the modern world now. Its not even considered as one of the top deadly diseases anymore...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by antidisestablis: 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
jelel6:

This are the kind of insensitive and thoughtless people who go about saying or typing things faster than their brains could process the difference between night and day when they see it.

What kind of human boldly writes something as idiotic as "Sickle cell And HIV sufferers are living corpses?"

Such a stupid statement.

What's the truth according to you? If in your wrapped mind HIV persons have themselves to blame, what about those suffering from Sickle Cell disease? Did they chose their parents?
What truth do you have to tell these set of people whose only crime was that their parents probably didn't make the best choices and nature gave them unfavorable genes?

Even men and women who are chaste till marriage will eventually have unprotected sex with themselves. And if one partner becomes unfaithful afterwards, the other is just as prone to STIs as every one having unprotected sex for procreation. People still get infected despite knowing only one sexual partner even in marriage. You see how your narrow outlook and statement accuse even those with the best of behaviors?

Think. Think. Think. Before you write or say anything, THINK. You don't have to say anything Everytime. Silence sometimes is a thin line foolish people cross as soon as they speak.

Peace
God bless you for this reply.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by internationalman(m): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Digmygold:

Then ensure you dont have unprotected sex until marriage.
What's the essence of having sex protected.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Sterope(f): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Are you stupid or something?

Who told you that unprotected sex is the only avenue of contacting HIV? What is the nonsense about living corpse? You need your meds reviewed.

NextD18:

It is the end!

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by UKBobo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Holla at Aro in the Beer Parlour session. He likes to go raw and pour inside different women. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by DexterousOne(m): 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

What is this one saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.