Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry (3443 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by PastorBK(m): 1:19am On Aug 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

But pastor... Please let's come back from all that and get straight to the point what is the Grace of God. Surely it is by it that we are saved so the Grace of God cannot have so many meanings to it.

The questions again are

1. What is Grace?
2. And what is the Grace of God?

From what you said, you tend to have a belief you're trying to push forward. I just explained Grace but you said I should put it aside.
There's enough room in my heart to listen to your side and as I always say, with love we can learn and unlearn provided it's all in the bible.

Grace cannot be just one word or meaning, there's virtually nothing with just a meaning.

Please read my definition of grace again and add God to the one you called grace of God
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:37am On Aug 17, 2020
PastorBK:
From what you said, you tend to have a belief you're trying to push forward. I just explained Grace but you said I should put it aside.
There's enough room in my heart to listen to your side and as I always say, with love we can learn and unlearn provided it's all in the bible.
Grace cannot be just one word or meaning, there's virtually nothing with just a meaning.
Please read my definition of grace again and add God to the one you called grace of God
If Grace is indeed of God, then just like God's truth, it has one meaning... a definition not laden with ambiguity. The same applies to all other aspects of God.

God is true, and truth can only have one meaning... not multiple meanings for then it would not be truth. So, I expect that Grace should have one meaning and then the Grace of God as relates to Jesus Christ, should have a meaning that relates it to Grace in one way or another. I ask because I am sick of the ambiguous gobble-de-gook MOGs spew at people in the name of God. I was hoping that you would maybe not offer me the same tripe and instead give me straight answers, direct from the God Himself.
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by PastorBK(m): 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If Grace is indeed of God, then just like God's truth, it has one meaning... a definition not laden with ambiguity. The same applies to all other aspects of God.

God is true, and truth can only have one meaning... not multiple meanings for then it would not be truth. So, I expect that Grace should have one meaning and then the Grace of God as relates to Jesus Christ, should have a meaning that relates it to Grace in one way or another. I ask because I am sick of the ambiguous gobble-de-gook MOGs spew at people in the name of God. I was hoping that you would maybe not offer me the same tripe and instead give me straight answers, direct from the God Himself.

I said it, that you HV an assumed answer you want me to give to you which unfortunately is not the truth. Take away the spirituality here and lookup what grace means, it cannot be just one meaning as you desire. Either grace save you or not it is still grace. God is not and can never be one thing, he is a lot of things. Just like love, some love can be jealous and some can allow to be killed in replacement of an uncommitted sin. The list is endless. It's you I want to look into your believe or hatred about circumstances. I advice that if you see somethings that you don't like, try and add your value to it to change things, I'm doing that now based on the calling God had sent me out with not by pointing fingers to whom it may concern.
The end is certain and helping those in boundage is paramount.
The grace of God will abound on us in Jesus name
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
PastorBK:

I said it, that you HV an assumed answer you want me to give to you which unfortunately is not the truth. Take away the spirituality here and lookup what grace means, it cannot be just one meaning as you desire. Either grace save you or not it is still grace. God is not and can never be one thing, he is a lot of things. Just like love, some love can be jealous and some can allow to be killed in replacement of an uncommitted sin. The list is endless. It's you I want to look into your believe or hatred about circumstances. I advice that if you see somethings that you don't like, try and add your value to it to change things, I'm doing that now based on the calling God had sent me out with not by pointing fingers to whom it may concern.
The end is certain and helping those in boundage is paramount.
The grace of God will abound on us in Jesus name
It can too be just one thing.
Take love for example - God is love. One meaning...of course there are several delusions but one meaning. And by the way, God is a jealous God, so that is factor in the meaning of Love.
As for grace of God, since there are no multiple ways to be saved I.e. there is just the one way, the truth, to the Father, it also follows that grace of God as far as salvation is concerned has just the one meaning. Or it will be a lie.
Grace of God in general also cannot have multiple meanings because that which is true can have only one meaning....and since God is true, His Grace has to be true as well.

Basically, instead of near meaningless ramblings I am used to getting when I search for a meaning for grace, surely the Spirit of God could provide you with the answer that will work.
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
PastorBK:

I am trying to get a response that makes sense as far as TRUTH is concerned.
If Grace is True then it ought to have one meaning to it
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by PastorBK(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

It can too be just one thing.
Take love for example - God is love. One meaning...of course there are several delusions but one meaning. And by the way, God is a jealous God, so that is factor in the meaning of Love.
As for grace of God, since there are no multiple ways to be saved I.e. there is just the one way, the truth, to the Father, it also follows that grace of God as far as salvation is concerned has just the one meaning. Or it will be a lie.
Grace of God in general also cannot have multiple meanings because that which is true can have only one meaning....and since God is true, His Grace has to be true as well.

Basically, instead of near meaningless ramblings I am used to getting when I search for a meaning for grace, surely the Spirit of God could provide you with the answer that will work.
This is online and I can tell you that I'm not into arguments especially about a topic that both parties are not wrong. It is not a sin to say grace is just one thing if that's the way you see it, and if men's numerous things to others that cannot be a sin as well. If you're a Christian don't be engolved in trying to be correct or satisfied with your position.
Let's just focus on what we should be doing, bringing more people to Christ and encouraging Christians that are falling backwards. God bless you
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
PastorBK:

This is online and I can tell you that I'm not into arguments especially about a topic that both parties are not wrong. It is not a sin to say grace is just one thing if that's the way you see it, and if men's numerous things to others that cannot be a sin as well. If you're a Christian don't be engolved in trying to be correct or satisfied with your position.
Let's just focus on what we should be doing, bringing more people to Christ and encouraging Christians that are falling backwards. God bless you
What we should be doing is telling the truth of God, not the ambiguous lies of men though.

So if we ignore that which is important so we can continue to propagate the lies of men, is what we do worth anything at the end of the day?

There are too many lies out there perpetrated in the name of God, lies that Jesus Christ rightly said only serves to nullify the Power of God in the lives of those who gobble up lies instead of the truth of God. What better work is there than working on the side of Truth for once?
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by PastorBK(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What we should be doing is telling the truth of God, not the ambiguous lies of men though.

So if we ignore that which is important so we can continue to propagate the lies of men, is what we do worth anything at the end of the day?

There are too many lies out there perpetrated in the name of God, lies that Jesus Christ rightly said only serves to nullify the Power of God in the lives of those who gobble up lies instead of the truth of God. What better work is there than working on the side of Truth for once?

Everytime I read from you I just smile, I know what's in your mind, as soon as anyone says otherwise you term that as lies. Look all you've been saying since we started this back and forth, not a bible reference to back up so at least I get this truth you're propagating. Plus that's why we have various ministries, if a person is doing what he knows and sees about God and you're doing otherwise, provided sins are not involved, it is very good because God cannot be known and seen in totality he is bigger than all beings put together and wiser and more powerful.

I'm still goin back to what I said. Define your own type of grace with biblical backups not just saying everyother persons definition is a lie even when there are biblical references to it. Don't be self righteous on nothing, I'm certain you're not the wisest of this generation, say your angle and let us all learn

1 Like

Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
PastorBK:
Everytime I read from you I just smile, I know what's in your mind, as soon as anyone says otherwise you term that as lies. Look all you've been saying since we started this back and forth, not a bible reference to back up so at least I get this truth you're propagating. Plus that's why we have various ministries, if a person is doing what he knows and sees about God and you're doing otherwise, provided sins are not involved, it is very good because God cannot be known and seen in totality he is bigger than all beings put together and wiser and more powerful.
If you truly know what is in my mind, then what is stopping you from saying it?
By the way, why am I the one to provide you with bible references for a meaning when I am the one who asked the question and is waiting for you to provide an answer as the Spirit of God supposedly in you has revealed it?
Also, since the same Spirit of God that live inside of Jesus Christ is the one who lives in all those who follow Him, I expect that He would give you an answer that does not contradict Jesus Christ's teachings.
PastorBK:
I'm still goin back to what I said. Define your own type of grace with biblical backups not just saying everyother persons definition is a lie even when there are biblical references to it. Don't be self-righteous on nothing, I'm certain you're not the wisest of this generation, say your angle and let us all learn
How can I define my own? Would it not then be a lie since I am man?
That's another one, righteousness -- what does it mean? Holiness is another? Faith, another. So many terms are defined ambiguously in today's church. Everyone seems to produce their own meaning but where is the truth of any of what we hear or regurgigate these days?
Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by Nephilim: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hello oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry by PastorBK(m): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If you truly know what is in my mind, then what is stopping you from saying it?
By the way, why am I the one to provide you with bible references for a meaning when I am the one who asked the question and is waiting for you to provide an answer as the Spirit of God supposedly in you has revealed it?
Also, since the same Spirit of God that live inside of Jesus Christ is the one who lives in all those who follow Him, I expect that He would give you an answer that does not contradict Jesus Christ's teachings.
How can I define my own? Would it not then be a lie since I am man?
That's another one, righteousness -- what does it mean? Holiness is another? Faith, another. So many terms are defined ambiguously in today's church. Everyone seems to produce their own meaning but where is the truth of any of what we hear or regurgigate these days?

For the uptenth time please, define one of these words you're asking since all the ones the churches gave is wrong.

Otherwise i will not respond to your answers any longer. I have been patient enough to see, your angle but it looks you're not ready to explore, you're just nagging and complaining as if all Christians go to a single church or HV one doctrine.

TELL ME YOUR DEFINATION if you have one or let others defination slide if you can state yours. Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Reappraisal Of The Bible / Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself / I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.