Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders (926 Views)

COVID-19: SOUTH AFRICA LATEST NUMBERS (Monday, 25 May) / Covid-19. South Africa Deploys 70,000 Troops To Enforce Lockdown ( Photo) / COVID-19: South Korean Government Care Package For The Quarantined (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Islie: 6:28am On Apr 18, 2020
•Wearing of face masks now compulsory in all states in the zone

•Oyo to produce 1m face masks as confirmed cases hit 16

…shifts workers’ resumption to April 27

•51 new cases recorded in Nigeria; total now 493
THE governors of the South West states agreed on Friday to shut all entry points to the region as part of the strategy to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the zone.

This was as the nation recorded 51 new cases yesterday to bring the total confirmed cases to 493.

Wearing of face mask is also now compulsory for all residents of the six states in the zone, namely Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo, according to Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State.

Oyo State, where the number of confirmed cases reached 15 last night, decided on its own to produce one million face masks in the war against the pandemic.

Akeredolu, Chairman of the South West Governors’ Forum, said in a statement in Akure that he and his colleagues took the decisions during a virtual meeting yesterday.

The entry points to the region will be “closed forthwith,” he said.

The governor added: “The state governors agreed that people involved in essential services or dealing in medicine, water and consumable items, in particular traders and market men/women, should endeavour to wear nose masks while outside plying their trade to minimize the spread of the deadly virus.

“The governors further agreed that wearing of nose masks will be made compulsory for everybody coming out of their homes effective from Friday, 24 April, 2020 in their respective states.”

Besides, the governors agreed to dissolve the Board of Directors of ODUA Investment Limited with immediate effect.

The Group Managing Director is to take charge of the conglomerate affairs pending the constitution of a new board.

Oyo to produce 1m face masks, shifts civil servants resumption date to April 27

Also on Friday, the Oyo State Government announced plans to provide one million face masks for residents of the state.

It also shifted the resumption date of civil servants from April 20 to April 27.

Governor Seyi Makinde, who tweeted the plans last night, emphasised that wearing of masks would become mandatory at public gatherings in the state once they are provided.

The state government had earlier in the month scheduled resumption of civil servants for April 20.

To ensure their safety, it had decontaminated the state secretariat earlier this week but changed the resumption date on Friday obviously for greater safety of the workers and other residents of the state.

The workers were sent on two-week compulsory leave which would have ended tomorrow.

With two new cases of COVID-19 confirmed on Friday, the state now has a total of 15.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) last night confirmed 51 new cases in the country to bring the total to 493.

They are 32 in Lagos; six in Kano; five in Kwara; two in the FCT; two in Oyo; two in Katsina; one in Ogun and one in Ekiti.

Lagos and Ogun States along with the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have been on lockdown for the third week running following the detection of the index case, an Italian consultant, on February 27 in Ogun State.

He had passed through Lagos on arrival in Nigeria.

President Muhammadu Buhari declared that the two states and the FCT should be locked down for an initial two weeks.

He extended the lockdown period by two weeks last Sunday.

Coronavirus has since spread to all the South West states.

As at last night, Lagos had 283cases; Osun 20; Oyo 15; Ogun 10; Ondo 3and Ekiti 3.

Overall, coronavirus has claimed 17 deaths in the country while 159 patients have been discharged.
https://thenationonlineng.net/south-west-governors-shut-borders/

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by GOFRONT(m): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2020
We are ready, we are ready....Yen yen yen

Now that the Virus has already eaten deep into those states, this is when you see to wake up.

Non-Proactive set of Governors.....
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by RealSolution001: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2020
Long overdue.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Sammy07: 6:44am On Apr 18, 2020
Osun border with Kwara state
Oyo border with kwara state and Benin Republic
Ogun border with Benin republic
Ekiti border with Kwara and Kogi
Ondo border with Kogi, Edo and delta
Lagos border with Benin republic

All should be shut cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ukukaegbu(m): 6:48am On Apr 18, 2020
Good
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Activistman(m): 6:49am On Apr 18, 2020
Good move!
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by realstars: 6:52am On Apr 18, 2020
Who Knows It Will Hit Us This Way? May God Help Us.

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Bakerdav: 6:55am On Apr 18, 2020
Lol, people are still traveling overnight, all na scam, no border is close over night, I know someone traveling yesterday night
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by SharryTaek(f): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2020
This has to happen. Good
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by orisa37: 8:12am On Apr 18, 2020
BETTER ACTIONS. BEFORE BUHARI FLOODS THEM WITH CORONAVIRUS AND RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Salvador1: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2020
Better for them

I now believe say this coro is real in Nigeria with the death of VP admin

Cos seeing is believing

I have seen and I have now believe.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Lipscomb(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2020
Well isn't yet late.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by flokii: 8:44am On Apr 18, 2020
I might not agree entirely with Nyesom Wike and his ways of doing things but truth be told, the nigga has got some balls..

Days and weeks into the border closure, international flights from worst hit COVID-19 countries still entered and are still entering the country (Lagos and Abuja airports especially) with approval from above. Makes me wonder if we are really serious in this country cos it seems like everything to us is a joke.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2020
Let them shut...
They are fast spreading the disease to other regions
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ORIENTATION101: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2020
At least Ekenedilichukwu, chisco, God is Good, peace transit e.t.c will stop offloading economic migrant to south west.
Let them sit at home and enjoy their eldorado region
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by princemillla(m): 8:58am On Apr 18, 2020
Good move.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by princemillla(m): 8:58am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
At least Ekenedilichukwu, chisco, God is Good, peace transit e.t.c will stop offloading economic migrant to south west.
Let them sit at home and enjoy their eldorado region in

Lol atleast they boast of yoruba not producing anything.

cheesy
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ORIENTATION101: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2020
princemillla:

Lol atleast they boast of yoruba not producing anything.

cheesy
the idiots re delusional, all the revenues in their shit hole region is equivalent to only ogun state revenue.

Everyday they troop into every corners of southwest to make a living yet they malign yorubas.

They should sit down in their un-reproductive region

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Cammo: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2020
I know the sudden death of Kyari will prolong this lockdown. Is this the so-called Vision 2020?
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
the idiots re delusional, all the revenues in their shit hole region is equivalent to only ogun state revenue.

Everyday they troop into every corners of southwest to make a living yet they malign yorubas.

And hunger is wiring you and your people because of just two weeks of lockdown with all your audio revenue cheesy grin and one million gang robbers replying hardsmen cheesy grin put your face to shame cheesy

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by princemillla(m): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

I just replied one idiot saying trash about Lagosian.
I hate nonsense
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2020
Cammo:
I know the sudden death of Kyari will prolong this lockdown. Is this the so-called Vision 2020?
Let it be belong so more hunger will sophisticate more one million gang robbers cheesy grin

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by princemillla(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
And hunger is wiring you and your people because of just two weeks of lockdown with all your audio revenue cheesy grin and one million gang robbers replying hardsmen cheesy grin put your face to shame cheesy

The same is applying to your people in ur state too. Don't be in another man's land and be saying nonsense. Why not do ur self a favour leave Lagos state/south west and see how we thrive.
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:18am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Let them sit at home and enjoy their eldorado region
Have you eaten this morning cheesy cheesy I hope you slept well last night because of one million gang robbers cheesy grin

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2020
princemillla:

The same is applying to your people in ur state too. Don't be in another man's land and be saying nonsense. Why not do ur self a favour leave Lagos state/south west and see how we thrive.
Have you eaten cheesy grin hope you slept well because of one million gang robbers cheesy

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ORIENTATION101: 9:40am On Apr 18, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

because of some criminals re on rampage , doesnt mean everybody is hungry.
Have u collected ur wheel barrow cos uguwanyi is giving it out in hire purchase.
You can also have stop over in abia to collect one wrap of eba from ikpeazu
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ORIENTATION101: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Have you eaten this morning cheesy cheesy I hope you slept well last night because of one million gang robbers cheesy grin

qouting me multiple times the thing really pain you grin

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

cheesy grin pain me that has eaten this morning cheesy grin

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:52am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

ORIENTATION101:
because of some criminals re on rampage , doesnt mean everybody is hungry.
Have u collected ur wheel barrow cos uguwanyi is giving it out in hire purchase.
You can also have stop over in abia to collect one wrap of eba from ikpeazu
Is only in south west that I have seen or hear that criminals go in numbers to rob grin that is in millions cheesy

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ORIENTATION101: 10:02am On Apr 18, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

I still remain Ada ogwashi coolIs only in south west that I have seen or hear that criminals go in numbers to rob grin that is in millions cheesy

criminals re having field day in south east that is not lockdown.

Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:04am On Apr 18, 2020
If Buhari had shut our borders long ago ...

This wouldn't have happened

As I'm typing this.. Our borders are open

It's a pity
Re: COVID-19: South West Governors Shut Borders by Adaogwashi1(f): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
criminals re having field day in south east that is not lockdown.
Greet one million gang robbers for me cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Overtakes Fct On Covid 19 Infection. / Smokers Are Liable To Die Young. Is This Not Clear Enough On This Pack? / Help!!! I Discovered A Lump On My Chest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.