Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths (62789 Views)

195 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1532, 225 Discharged, 44 Deaths / 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths / 35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by shegzmartinsduke(m): 7:03am On Apr 19, 2020
Sweetchilli:
The exponential growth is alarming. We are heading towards the peak. cry

The myopic people calling COVID-19 an audio virus are the reason for this spread. The government has done it's bit, ordered a lockdown but no, people won't stay at home or observe social distancing.

In the UK when the lockdown was announced, the trains in London were being filled to the brim, commuters defying the stay at home order. They have over 114,000 cases now.

In the US, there are over 739,000 cases with New York having almost 300,000 cases.
Lagos is more populated than New York. What does that tell us?
We recorded our first case in Nigeria just one month after them.

The real audio here is that we currently have way more than the 542 cases that have been confirmed because the tests are not performed at the way that they should.

Every comment about the virus being a hoax should be deleted by the spam bot. If learned people who have access to the internet can be talking about it being a hoax despite seeing people die, I wonder what is going on in villages.

Nigeria doesn't have enough healthcare facilities to take care of the sick. The government has failed us already, let's stop failing ourselves.
Stay safe everyone.

u the epitome of a learned man. How i wish all nigerians could reason like u,this virus would have been defeated.

2 Likes

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by ollypass: 7:03am On Apr 19, 2020
chronique:
Damn! When people were asked to stay at home and they refused, see where they are landing us. The consequences of this is not going to be funny. Firstly, this lock down is going to continue indefinitely cos no responsible government would allow people to continue going out with the infection rate steadily going up. If the lock down is canceled, expect to witness a geometric increase in the number of infections and deaths and this will not be funny. The situation would be worse than that of Italy and America. Secondly, it's pretty obvious that there are several thousands infected out there that we don't know about since they have not been tested and these people are spreading this thing so fast. People should pls fucking stay at home. Those still going out are not helping others.
Go talk to all those money hungry organizations especially fmcg that still send Thier people out in such perilous times just to being in sales...while they sit in the comfort of Thier homes in the name of working from home
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 19, 2020
Iceberghill:
Nigeria case is not even that worse ghana and Cameroon new cases just dis week are 400+
i wonder oh, highest we've had is 51 we might nt evdn record 100 in a day sef, yet them dy shout say lockdown might be extended till next year!!!
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by pstfrancis(m): 7:05am On Apr 19, 2020
Openbusiness:

I didn't say 5G is causing COVID-19, I said I will rather trust pastor Chris than trust this lying government. What did Pastor Chris say that I trust? He said they are currently laying 5G cables in Lagos and Abuja. The government said they have not granted 5G license to anyone. Then MTN said they have already successfully tested it in certain places in Nigeria. How could they have tested it without putting the infrastructure in place? So obviously the government is the one lying here, not Pastor Chris. The argument is not that 5G causes Coronavirus. The argument is that the 5G networks are killing people with their radioactivity. Is that a lie or is it true, has anyone scientifically proven either case to be true or false to lay the matter to rest? No! It's a new tech and it's too soon to determine the long term effects and how it affects different demographics of people because we are not the same, and what doesn't affect a Korean might affect a Nigerian and what doesn't affect a Nigerian might affect and Indian. Science is not always black and white, sometimes there are grey areas and the 5G network is a work in progress.

Obviously you dont follow news and cannot comprehend what is going in the country. Who told you that the info given out by FG and MTN ate different. I will refer you to go back to the memo by MTN, that test was carried out in November using 4G spectrum and not 5G spectrum the same thing said by the government. So pls go back and do your research very well sir.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Benwallt(m): 7:06am On Apr 19, 2020
Ancientbeing:
Who noticed what am seeing?

The number of infecteds in lagos is greater than the number of cases in other states sumed up

Pastor Chris might be right about that 5G theory

Nigerian govt is lying to its citizens too much
Abba kyari's death which took place weeks ago was just revealed to us today

They think we dont know whats happening, they think we are not ok
people like u will later shout for lack of 5G service on ur phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by shegzmartinsduke(m): 7:07am On Apr 19, 2020
A time will come when nobody will want to go out cos of the fear of king covid the 19th.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2020
asamaigho:

d 5g on s/k still use a low frquency of 3.5ghz spectrum almost like 4g and its abt 2m users.

the 5g frequency everyone is complaining abt ranges from 90ghz to 300ghz.
stop chatting shit

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by ollypass: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2020
husmernsheriff:
This is period of total lockdown which is necessary for every one to look for a way to start earning online I believe their is no easier and Scam free way than creating a Youtube channel. I am a youtuber and I make my full living with YouTube channel video creation To open a fully set and Seo optimized Youtube account with Professional intro, kindly contact me Via +2348189728347 I have a youtube creator certificate from youtube academy, therefore I’ll share with you all my experiences on how I started making my money I started YouTube in less that 2 years, and now I have almost 4k subscribers and I earn almost 200 dollars every months( I can show you proof if you want) Note: you need to order for my service through Fiverr

Better take advantage of electroneums Anytask freelance platform..that's the future..thank me later

1 Like

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Benwallt(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2020
There is lockdown na. What is happening? Where are they getting those they are testing from?. It should be the case of everybody brought to hospital is tagged a corona virus patient.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by bigiyaro(m): 7:13am On Apr 19, 2020
Ancientbeing:

The number of infecteds in lagos is greater than the number of cases in other states sumed up

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by joe4christ(m): 7:15am On Apr 19, 2020
Ancientbeing:

No. Actually I think you certainly are not okay!

1 Like

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by oyeb15: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Nobody cares about d fake figures anymore
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by desiredhome: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Openbusiness:

I will rather trust what Pastor Chris says than trust this hopeless lying Zoohari government, a govt that before they came in they told us N220 to $1 are we ok with it? That told us subsidy is a scam, that told us if they don't fix power in 1 year we should stone them, told us they will create millions of jobs........ but today none of it is true! And you want me to trust what that kind of government says about 5G? A government that is a new day a new lie government

They are talking of virus increasing in Nigeria, you are talking another thing are you living in the past?
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Emorigweiii(m): 7:18am On Apr 19, 2020
frank317:
Thought u guys said Anambra index case tested nagative, why do we still have one case in the state? Abi is it by force that Anammbra must have one case?

Are forgetting that they don't subtract the numbers? Everything is being added up as
CONFIRMED
DISCHARGED
DEATH
ACTIVE cases...
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by ollypass: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Daboomb:

You mean all these people that are struggling for rice or justling each other for Buhari bread or lining-up bumper-to-bumper for some stupid #5,000 from Hajiya Sodiq are in a lockdown?
The lockdown that some state are doing and some are not doing?

Buhari is just wasting the time of people in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja with his 4weeks lockdown, it sis in effective and useless.
When the cases skyrocket to like 1000 confirmed in a day (which l doubt because we dont have means of testing so it might "unfortunately" have to be 1,000 dead in a day!), this Govt will wake up and stop playing Politics with CoronaVirus.
Even all those useless Govt funtionaries stealing the Coronavirus funds will wakeup, when their own life is also at stake.

When we are ready for a lockdown, it will be a complete lockdown, nationwide and the Govt will provide the people with money and what to eat otherwise, the infected masses are ready to break the lockdown and come out to infect all of them , wherever they are hiding.
Lol you know that part in green can never happen..who wan catch bullet from one over zealous mopol guarding this politicians..the govt will lift the lock down ..wetin concern them make who wan die after then go die.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by kem9149: 7:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by mrkings84(m): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2020
Now that they have gone and spread it largely in Abuja, let's expect the worst
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:22am On Apr 19, 2020
moralistic:
the lock down in Kano must surely be extended... aabokis lack personal hygiene
Show some respect to other people when you are talking. Don't talk as if those who you talk about are not humans with emotions. Some people don't talk anyhow in their culture but hatred against you will be building because of how disrespectful you have been towards them. The day you will pay for your careless utterances it might be with your life. If not you, many people who resemble you will pay.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by desiredhome: 7:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Openbusiness:

I will rather trust what Pastor Chris says than trust this hopeless lying Zoohari government, a govt that before they came in they told us N220 to $1 are we ok with it? That told us subsidy is a scam, that told us if they don't fix power in 1 year we should stone them, told us they will create millions of jobs........ but today none of it is true! And you want me to trust what that kind of government says about 5G? A government that is a new day a new lie government

What's this one saying?
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by kem133: 7:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by ddippset(m): 7:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Openbusiness:

This is not about what Buhari says.
This is not about what Pastor Chris says.

It is about what you say.

It is about using your own head to analyze the situation

2 Likes

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by sbold(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Aliencraft:
angry Lagos wetin dey happen na.... Even with the lockdown figures still dey rise up like garri wey dem soak inside water. Just imagine dat der was no lock down
Lagos cases na scam, na only Lagos dey populated,the ikoyi hospital earlier denies kyarri cases if not Sahara reporter who reveal it, NCDC itself is scammer they all hype it all. FG give Lagos 10bn to fight this virus, other state that already traumatized economically won't use this avenue revamp there state. That my view let NCDC show Nigeria 166 that recovered, and those who are yet to recovered, European show some of their patient in the hospital and how they respond to treatment, but here they will show you empty bed, @night bring out figure like inec collation center bunch of thiefs

1 Like

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Roozzaay(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2020
Ancientbeing:

And truly are you actually ok?
First is your Pastor a technologist/scientist? No
Will your Pastor use the said "devilish 5G" when it finally commenced? Yes
And for you to believe Abba Kyari died weeks ago shows something isn't right somewhere
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery

1 Like

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by MYHUBBY: 7:33am On Apr 19, 2020
we have nothing to do than to continue keep asking God for mercy

lord please be merciful to us, this spread must stop, we serve you wholeheartedly in Nigeria, please have mercy on Nigerians. curtail this spread and heal the ill patients in Nigeria and across the world

lord please show us mercy in Nigeria and Africa regards to Covid-19 oh lord
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by cybertron88: 7:34am On Apr 19, 2020
I have my reservations about how deadly thus virus is in Nigeria. Those saying we don't have much cases because we aren't doing enough testing, does testing also affect the number of deaths recorded. By now ppl should be dropping dead if actually it is the same virus as it was in Italy and US. Someone said we should wait for 2 weeks and see d result of our negligence. It's about 3wks now and those that have died are mostly those who brought it from abroad.
My point is we have to open up our economy and get back to work practicing safe hygiene and wearing face mask. We can't be copying countries that have stimulus package in place to rebound thier economy when all this is over. If we continue shutting down our economy for a virus that has a death rate far less than malaria, the post effect will be far more reaching on us than the virus itself.

1 Like

Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by maasoap(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2020
Ancientbeing:

[s]Pastor Chris might be right about that 5G theory[/s]

Please, we have moved past this rubbish.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by anigbajumo(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Daboomb:

You mean all these people that are struggling for rice or justling each other for Buhari bread or lining-up bumper-to-bumper for some stupid #5,000 from Hajiya Sodiq are in a lockdown?
The lockdown that some state are doing and some are not doing?

Buhari is just wasting the time of people in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja with his 4weeks lockdown, it sis in effective and useless.
When the cases skyrocket to like 1000 confirmed in a day (which l doubt because we dont have means of testing so it might "unfortunately" have to be 1,000 dead in a day!), this Govt will wake up and stop playing Politics with CoronaVirus.
Even all those useless Govt funtionaries stealing the Coronavirus funds will wakeup, when their own life is also at stake.

When we are ready for a lockdown, it will be a complete lockdown, nationwide and the Govt will provide the people with money and what to eat otherwise, the infected masses are ready to break the lockdown and come out to infect all of them , wherever they are hiding.

Your last paragraph is the bitter truth..,.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by Globad(f): 7:36am On Apr 19, 2020
Totilopussylick:
With all due respect. Corona virus rising cases are arranged figures in which the government is using to extort billions of money from the world health organization.

The right response to this post was written by yourself on April 12:

Totilopussylick:
Things are really getting out of hand �. But on a serious note we Nigeria �� are so ignorant. Some today still didn’t believe corona virus is here until they become victim.
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by maasoap(m): 7:37am On Apr 19, 2020
egojiokwu:

Is pastor Christ a scientist? What does he know about 5G. A pastor that could not predict (prophesy) that the virus was coming. Ignorance is what is killing us. Reported cases comes gradually, depending how you are able to control it initially. If it eventually gets out of hand, it will rise geometrically. one person infects 3, 3 infect 12, 12 infect 36. Don't use mentality of many Nigerians that think that they wont get figures in thousands as some countries are having now. The countries that are getting thousand cases initially started gradually like Nigeria. You should be aware that the epicenter is Lagos not because 5G but because that's where foreigners and overseas travelers land most. Who could imagine that another country can overtake China initially. We should Just pray that God intervenes if not, you may be surprised when you hear that your state have overtaken Lagos in nearest future.

Here are fake theories that people I interact with give.
1. That white men are more prone to this disease. (Time shall tell about this theory but I pray that God intervene and save us)
2. That it's big men sickness. (Time shall tell but I pray that God intervene and save us)

Too much sense
Re: 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths by sceyd(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2020
egojiokwu:

Is pastor Christ a scientist? What does he know about 5G. A pastor that could not predict (prophesy) that the virus was coming. Ignorance is what is killing us. Reported cases comes gradually, depending how you are able to control it initially. If it eventually gets out of hand, it will rise geometrically. one person infects 3, 3 infect 12, 12 infect 36. Don't use mentality of many Nigerians that think that they wont get figures in thousands as some countries are having now. The countries that are getting thousand cases initially started gradually like Nigeria. You should be aware that the epicenter is Lagos not because 5G but because that's where foreigners and overseas travelers land most. Who could imagine that another country can overtake China initially. We should Just pray that God intervenes if not, you may be surprised when you hear that your state have overtaken Lagos in nearest future.

Here are fake theories that people I interact with give.
1. That white men are more prone to this disease. (Time shall tell about this theory but I pray that God intervene and save us)
2. That it's big men sickness. (Time shall tell but I pray that God intervene and save us)
Or that couldn’t predict that his marriage was going to crash ����. A lot of us are just so gullible in this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Child Who Was Born A Hermaphrodite In Ibadan, Oyo (Photo) / Lady Survives Bullet In Her Head For Five Days In Ebonyi (Graphic Photos) / Types Of Contraceptives Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.