Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian (28822 Views)

What Will Happen To Anyone Who Rejects The Words Of Jesus On Judgement Day / Who Is The Judge On The Judgement Day? / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
Well I don't need to answer that question because it shows no sincerity.But for posterity, Jesus is the Beginning and the End.
Lol
What a declaration...
Who told you that? grin
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wow! I love you for this!

That is because as Jesus IS, so are WE in this present world.

The question now is, how is Jesus presently?
Well Jesus is RIGHTEOUS, HOLY and WELL-PLEASING (acceptable) to the father.

That simply means as believers, we are RIGHTEOUS, HOLY and ACCEPTABLE or WELL-PLEASING to the Father also.

I was trying to explain this to a friend yesterday that, as genuine bornagain Xians, it is not what we do or don't do that qualifies us for heaven or pleases God as no man could/can please God except CHRIST. which is what God looks at or uses to count us worthy to make it to heaven as long as we have accepted Christ as our lord and saviour.

Bro. Makuos19. wink

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by edoairways: 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

Once you die without repenting of your sins and become converted (born again) in Jesus's name, the person is already judged... But since God is a just God, everyone who ever lived with be made to give account of their lives on Earth, at the great white throne judgment seat of God
Explain more
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Dickson44: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
uncleck:
The truth is a phrase that has been so abused that it no longer makes any sense. You form your opinion based on your exposure, your biases, your idiosyncrasies, your dogma and your influences, and you tag it "the truth". Can you prove the " truthfulness " of your truth?

Is truth absolute? Is truth relative? Let's learn to use "in my opinion" instead of "the truth" unless the subject matter is universally proven.

If I hear say u no study philosophy
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by edoairways: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:

The two verses you quoted are both saying the same thing sir. That Bible said "After death comes judgement" doesn't mean the judgment will happen immediately after one dies. Like if a man dies immediately he shall face instant judgement, and if found guilty he'll be thrown straight into hellfire. That's not what the Bible teaches.

The Bible teaches that a day is coming in which God shall judge the world. And by the world here, I mean everyone. Prior to that day, the dead are reserved somewhere. Because the judgement will happen once and for all. That's why no human being is presently in hellfire as we speak. No one will ever face that alone.

So after a man dies, he shall face God's judgement but it's not an automatic thing. There's a time or rather a day set for that, according to the scriptures. This very day, is known as the Judgement Day.

I hope this helps bro. Your question sounded sincere and that's why I had to respond as soon as I saw it.
So when is judgement?
Those who died are still waiting for judgment since immemorial or what?
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by arimahoseloka(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
The Lord bless you brother for opening our eyes of understanding and dispelling the false doctrines of Lucifer and his angels. No more will fear rule over me, for I am made perfect, holy and acceptable through my faith in Christ Jesus and not my works. This is Express entry to heaven, God has made it so simple and sweet, yet the devil wants to feed us with stupid false doctrines to keep us in perpetual fear that will eventually make u hate God for threatening to burn all sinners in everlasting hell fire!!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Investnow2017: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jozzy4:

Read the entire bible ... None of those whom Jesus raised from death claimed to have been judged, Jesus even mention that Lazarus IS SLEEPING . So the verse is not mentioning immediate judgement after death .

But which judgement ? Act 17:31 answers ' GOD HAS SET A DAY to judge the entire earth.

This comes after all the dead have risen from their graves or sleep as Jesus said. So its not contradictory , There is a judgement day but its after the dead have risen. For now they are sleeping

How long is that judgement 'day' please?
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by ofiko123(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nice write up..

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by seunmsg(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
chidi2pus:
Someone who has never seen judgement day is telling you the truth about judgement day

grin grin grin

The thing tire me o. I still don’t get how prople confidently write about something they know nothing about.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:
Ha

Have you believed in Jesus as your Saviour from sin and condemnation or are you still struggling very hard on your own to please God?
Do not forget that I said on that day ONLY ONE THING will matter. Not your religion, church or good works. Only faith in Christ. That is what will determine the outcome of your judgement.
That is the truth about the Judgement Day. That is what the Bible truly teaches!

Having received Christ as our Lord and saviour, we BOLDLY await that day!

I hope this blesses you.

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/09/the-truth-about-judgement-day.html

We do not need JESUS to be saved.

All that MEN need to do is worship God by stewarding the earth he gave to them with diligence, respect , honour and awe, and then to treat ALL MEN and WOMEN with dignity and love, as much as they deserve.

Jesus has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jesus aint coming back today, tomorrow or forver, lol.

If he was real Nigeria will be a heaven on earth.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Investnow2017: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

Once you die without repenting of your sins and become converted (born again) in Jesus's name, the person is already judged... But since God is a just God, everyone who ever lived with be made to give account of their lives on Earth, at the great white throne judgment seat of God

Where is the great white throne? And will everyone go there for his judgement?
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:
Lol What a declaration... Who told you that? grin
Nature, life,universe and the word.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Ray360: 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
frosbel2:

We do not need JESUS to be saved.

All that MEN need to do is worship God by stewarding the earth he gave to them with diligence, respect , honour and awe, and then to treat ALL MEN and WOMEN with dignity and love, as much as they deserve.

Jesus has nothing to do with it.
There was a certain Frosbel I knew then in Religion section during the days of Goshen360 and logicoboy and others. I don't know if you're still the one.

I am alarmed at your submission above. Did you just say "We don't need Jesus to be saved"?

what happened to you? Frosbel?

are you an atheist now?

Well, I'll pray for you in my secret place. That's the best I can do. Jesus Loves you.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by letitrainnow(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
This bless me real good.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by unstoppable51(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
arimahoseloka:
The Lord bless you brother for opening our eyes of understanding and dispelling the false doctrines of Lucifer and his angels. No more will fear rule over me, for I am made perfect, holy and acceptable through my faith in Christ Jesus and not my works. This is Express entry to heaven, God has made it so simple and sweet, yet the devil wants to feed us with stupid false doctrines to keep us in perpetual fear that will eventually make u hate God for threatening to burn all sinners in everlasting hell fire!!

Amen brother! God's perfect love always cast out fear and doubts.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by unstoppable51(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Eulalia:
Wow! I love you for this!

That simply means as believers, we are RIGHTEOUS, HOLY and ACCEPTABLE or WELL-PLEASING to the Father also.

I was trying to explain this to a friend yesterday that, as genuine bornagain Xians, it is not what we do or don't do that qualifies us for heaven or pleases God as no man could/can please God except CHRIST. which is what God looks at or uses to count us worthy to make it to heaven as long as we have accepted Christ as our lord and saviour.

Bro. Makuos19. wink

The sacrifice of Jesus is our qualification for heaven. If we need anything more than that, then he wasted his life on the cross.

But thanks to God, his sacrifice was never in vain. It gave man express entry into heaven on the basis of Faith!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Tife20: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
So are you trying to say that people who believe in God and Jesus Christ but have done terrible things will go to heaven?

People who have cheated others of their rights
People who have killed
etc

Op I'm not understanding your post.

Get clear

You may know and claimed that you know Jesus if you don't obey what he commanded you to do, there is no place for that person in heaven

Jesus said it only those that do his will he only know...

Therefore, believing in Jesus just take away our sin and make us have opportunity to make heaven only if will do his will

And moreover

If you claim you know and the truth is not in you, if someone claimed he believe in him but not obey him.. That means that person is not believing but he is full of hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Tife20: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
megareal:
I am glad I am a child of God. I am not afraid of judgement day. I don't care what the world thinks. Christ in me, the hope of glory. Thank you Jesus.

That great bro more grace
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Pressure8764: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
see below

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Obatolysis(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:
Have you ever heard about the Judgement Day as a Christian? What did you hear about it?

There are very few messages I know that strike as much fear in the hearts of “Christians” as the message of the “Judgement Day”.

The reason is because some christians have been made to believe that the judgement day is a day that is full of uncertainties. That is, you can’t be sure of what to expect that day.

They have also been told that the judgement which will take place that day is based on our human performance. If you do enough good works, then God would probably have pity on you on that day and not cast you into hell. If you are not careful the way you go about your christian life, you would see the other side of Him.

Some have even been told that on that day, God will display all the sins you have ever committed on a big TV Screen for the whole world to watch. Imagine such foolishness. How can the same God that said in 2 Corinthians 5:19, Hebrews 8:12 and Hebrews 10:17, that He doesn’t record your sins and will never remember them against you, go back on His Word?

All these notions above, are just some of the un-biblical teachings people have been fed about the judgement day. As long as you hold strongly to such notions, the devil, the accuser of brethren, will keep using them to take away your joy and keep you in bondage to fear. Especially when you have not been at your best behaviour.

Everytime you hear that the Judgement Day is coming, your whole body will shiver. You will think of all the negative things you’ve done and not see any reason why you won’t end up in Hell. All because you believe it is a day your behavioural script will be marked and in your own eyes you scored 0/100.

What really is the judgement day and how is it going to look like?

The judgement day is simply a day in which God would separate those who received His life through Faith in His Son Jesus, from those who didn’t. Those who didn’t believe in Him (Jesus), will be separated eternally from Him and the saints. Having been separated from His presence, they shall be utterly destroyed (Hell).
Concerning that day, here Is what apostle John wrote to us as believers.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Did you notice how he went on from verse 15 to explain something about the man in Christ i.e the believer today?

He says God LIVES WITHIN him. He has been made PERFECT in God’s love and would have BOLDNESS on the day on Judgement.

So on that day of judgement, we won’t be approaching the judge of the whole world with fear, timidity or shyness. We won’t have to shy away from His presence because we are not holy or righteous enough. We won’t be approaching Him with anything fear. You know why?

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

As Christ IS, is how we are now and will forever be. That’s why we would have BOLDNESS/CONFIDENCE to stand before Him on that great day of judgement. That is what the Bible teaches.

Look at that verse 17 and 18 of 1 John 4 one more time.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Notice how it is clearly explained that God doesn’t want you to live in fear of that day. If you are still afraid of that day, it simply means you have not been made perfect in the love of God. You are yet to understand fully how much God loves you. You are yet to understand all that He has done for you in Christ. You are yet to understand who you are in Christ!

Yes the judgement day is coming but Jesus got you covered as a believer. Unlike what is popularly believed out there, your sins are not going to be displayed for the whole world to see and judge your level of performance. You are not going there to be judged by your works but rather your faith in Christ.

The only time you will ever be judged for your works as a believer is at the Judgement Seat of Christ. This is after you have gone to heaven.

That is where you will receive the reward for the good works you have done here on earth. If you have no good works on your account then, you will certainly have no reward from Him. Though you will still be in heaven. That is because heaven is not a reward for our good we have done. It is a gift we receive by faith in Christ.

Left for us, there is no amount of good works we can do that will be enough for us to enter there.

So, the last day or the day of Judgement, is the day in which God will judge the whole world. And on that day, only one thing will matter - Faith in Christ.

Have you believed in Jesus as your Saviour from sin and condemnation or are you still struggling very hard on your own to please God?
Do not forget that I said on that day ONLY ONE THING will matter. Not your religion, church or good works. Only faith in Christ. That is what will determine the outcome of your judgement.
That is the truth about the Judgement Day. That is what the Bible truly teaches!

I hope this blesses you.

Well said. But Believing in Jesus is not only a mental act. It goes beyond that. It means believing in ALL his teaching (To be perfect as your Heavenly Father is) and parables and his commandments (hinged on love) and His Actions, the greatest of which is His Victory over death forever.

There will be two judgements. The personal and the general (Final judgement). Immediately after death, comes judgement and the one receives in his/her immortal soul, eternal rewards due to his/her deeds either everlasting joys or everlasting death.

At the end of time, Christ will come again to judge both those who have died from the beginning of creation, to those still living when He comes again. All will be made manifest. All the dead will be resurrected. The deeds of every man will be revealed to its fullest and even more the consequences of his deed (Which is not judged at the personal judgement). For those whose sins are forgiven, the Lord keeps no record of it and it's as though, they never committed the sin. That is the incomprehensible mystery of God's Mercy. The sins of those who died unrepentant or those who still living, remained unrepentant until to the Second coming of the Lord , will be revealed to all, even that done in deepest secret
".....What you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the housetops....." Luke 12:3.

In similar way the good of the Saints in heaven and still on earth at the time of Christ second coming , who cooperating with God's grace and justified will be revealed
"...For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God; for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and will obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies" Romans 8: 19-23
The essence of the general judgement is this

1) To affirm the justice of God in the gathering of the great Assembly

2)To reward the mortal body. For those who are justified , their bodies are transformed to glorified bodies and endowed with immortality and impassibility, similar to the glorified body of Jesus Christ after his resurrection and united to their souls . To those damned, the bodies are transformed to ugly , horrible forms which are also united to their horrible souls, to die the second time, but eternally in hell (the second death) .

For those living a holy life, the await this judgement as though a liberation.

For those living in sin, the picture of the last judgement should commit a holy fear upon your soul, that you may repent, believe in God and His only begotten son and gain for yourself, eternal life.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by unstoppable51(m): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
edoairways:

So when is judgement?
Those who died are still waiting for judgment since immemorial or what?
Read the post and the reply again brother. There's a day set for the judgement of the entire world by God. No man knows exactly what the day it shall be but we know it is coming, as God has said it.

Mind you, this is different from the Believers judgement which is actually a time for the determination of each person's eternal rewards at the judgement seat of Christ.

The first is for the entire world, the second is strictly for believers and it will happen after we've all gone to Heaven.

I hope this helps sir!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by descent96(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
I must say this message is an eye-opener to me, thanks Op 4 enlightening us on this message which has been wrongly preached by some men of God. I'm glad i came across such a wonderful and self-explanatory message as this and i'd want more of this on this forum as we prepare 4 that imminent day of God's judgement

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:

Nature, life,universe and the word.
hahahah
Keep ridiculing yourself grin

Can you prove that Nature, Life and the universe taught you that?
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Kcgeology: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wallowing conciously in sin and wickednes while hoping ur faith in. Christ will save u is a wrong concept bro. Accepting. Christ is first step. Sincerely desire to renounc ur old ways and bear in mind its nt by muscle. Continously ask d holy spirit to enabl u. No man is, has and will ever be perfct, but ur sincere little consistent effort wil go a long way
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:
hahahah
Keep ridiculing yourself grin

Can you prove that Nature, Life and the universe taught you that?
.you are smart OK.for you to have taken your time to make research about those books you listed earlier shows you can figure out what I just told you.
meanwhile for the fact that you believe in "death" speaks a lot about God.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Rapmoney(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
chidi2pus:
Someone who has never seen judgement day is telling you the truth about judgement day

grin grin grin

These guys are very funny cheesy
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by nkemoma(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wrong post!

Judgment day is a thousand year period as shown in Revelation chapter 20, when Satan will be abyssed so he has no influence over mankind.. Judgment day is a rejoicing period where mankind would gradually be taken to perfection that Adam lost.. The dead will be resurrected to a new earth with no sickness or pain... At the end of 1000years mankind comes to perfection... And those who refused to conform their lives to Righteous standards during that 1000year period will be thrown into the lake of fire with Satan, and the demons
.. This means the second DEATH... No hope of resurrection again.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
.you are smart OK.for you to have taken your time to make research about those books you listed earlier shows you can figure out what I just told you.
meanwhile for the fact that you believe in "death" speaks a lot about God.
Death is real and so is God.
Peace!
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by CandidSeeker(m): 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
What if God actually exists but only atheists would be allowed into heaven? I find it bizarre how theists never thought about that possibility. like we die and God goes "HopefulLandlord, I exist but the test is to weed out those that would believe something on no evidence, you passed. you may pass"

I guess they would find the thought highly disturbing lol

You a very "Hopeful" Landlord indeed.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Legendguru: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Okay
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by gerizzim: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:
Have you ever heard about the Judgement Day as a Christian? What did you hear about it?

There are very few messages I know that strike as much fear in the hearts of “Christians” as the message of the “Judgement Day”.

The reason is because some christians have been made to believe that the judgement day is a day that is full of uncertainties. That is, you can’t be sure of what to expect that day.

They have also been told that the judgement which will take place that day is based on our human performance. If you do enough good works, then God would probably have pity on you on that day and not cast you into hell. If you are not careful the way you go about your christian life, you would see the other side of Him.

Some have even been told that on that day, God will display all the sins you have ever committed on a big TV Screen for the whole world to watch. Imagine such foolishness. How can the same God that said in 2 Corinthians 5:19, Hebrews 8:12 and Hebrews 10:17, that He doesn’t record your sins and will never remember them against you, go back on His Word?

All these notions above, are just some of the un-biblical teachings people have been fed about the judgement day. As long as you hold strongly to such notions, the devil, the accuser of brethren, will keep using them to take away your joy and keep you in bondage to fear. Especially when you have not been at your best behaviour.

Everytime you hear that the Judgement Day is coming, your whole body will shiver. You will think of all the negative things you’ve done and not see any reason why you won’t end up in Hell. All because you believe it is a day your behavioural script will be marked and in your own eyes you scored 0/100.

What really is the judgement day and how is it going to look like?

The judgement day is simply a day in which God would separate those who received His life through Faith in His Son Jesus, from those who didn’t. Those who didn’t believe in Him (Jesus), will be separated eternally from Him and the saints. Having been separated from His presence, they shall be utterly destroyed (Hell).
Concerning that day, here Is what apostle John wrote to us as believers.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Did you notice how he went on from verse 15 to explain something about the man in Christ i.e the believer today?

He says God LIVES WITHIN him. He has been made PERFECT in God’s love and would have BOLDNESS on the day on Judgement.

So on that day of judgement, we won’t be approaching the judge of the whole world with fear, timidity or shyness. We won’t have to shy away from His presence because we are not holy or righteous enough. We won’t be approaching Him with anything fear. You know why?

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

As Christ IS, is how we are now and will forever be. That’s why we would have BOLDNESS/CONFIDENCE to stand before Him on that great day of judgement. That is what the Bible teaches.

Look at that verse 17 and 18 of 1 John 4 one more time.

Notice how it is clearly explained that God doesn’t want you to live in fear of that day. If you are still afraid of that day, it simply means you have not been made perfect in the love of God. You are yet to understand fully how much God loves you. You are yet to understand all that He has done for you in Christ. You are yet to understand who you are in Christ!

Yes the judgement day is coming but Jesus got you covered as a believer. Unlike what is popularly believed out there, your sins are not going to be displayed for the whole world to see and judge your level of performance. You are not going there to be judged by your works but rather your faith in Christ.

The only time you will ever be judged for your works as a believer is at the Judgement Seat of Christ. This is after you have gone to heaven.

That is where you will receive the reward for the good works you have done here on earth. If you have no good works on your account then, you will certainly have no reward from Him. Though you will still be in heaven. That is because heaven is not a reward for our good we have done. It is a gift we receive by faith in Christ.

Left for us, there is no amount of good works we can do that will be enough for us to enter there.

So, the last day or the day of Judgement, is the day in which God will judge the whole world. And on that day, only one thing will matter - Faith in Christ.

I hope this blesses you.

The writer is right to an extent. God is going to judge us based more on our FAITH and also on works. His jugdment as regards "works" is not really the act itsef but the motive and intention behind the act(works)

It is not just what we have done but The motive of WHY and WHAT we do will be judge.
As Heb 4:12 puts it "judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart"

"Why am I a church worker"
"Why am I a preacher"
"Why am I going to church"
"Why am I giving "

and so many WHY's

Am I doing dis in order to prove to pple dt I can do it beta.?
Am I ministering or preaching or evangelising to impress pple?
Am I in choir or ursher or go to church to show off my designer wear/shoes and get LIKES from pple in church to pass the message that I have arrived?
Am I doing dis or doing dat because I want to be in the good books of the pastor?
Am I doing dis inorder to be praised by men?

We should have a genuine and pure motive towards all that we do.

Works in itself cannot save man. It is the MOTIVE behind your works God will judge.

God judging us based on works hz to do with judgement of accountability, stewardship of our service during our tym here on Earth.
Dis hz to do with the resources he gave you, ow well did u tender, nurture and use it. The money he gave you, ur time ow did u use it, the skills/talents did u channel it for it's purpose, dt child he gave you, ow well did u take care of him/her, d position you occupied in ur office, ow well did u use it.

This and so many things he placed in our hands dat we will give account for.
But still it's not a judgement unto condemnation but it won't go with rewards if we fall short of accounting for it .

The judgement that goes with condemnation is wen you don't believe in his salvation dat he died for you wc is the faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.