Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? (46833 Views)

The Most Painful Thing Your Spouse Said or Did To You That Still Hurts You? / Most Painful Thing Done To You By Your Parents / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by naijaschoolguru(m): 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
babtoundey:

This nearly killed me with laughter. That's one of my mums favorite lines.

one if the utterance that used to pain me then is "Ko ye mi bi won se lo mowe ni school" (I don't understand how your teachers are the opinion that you are brilliant in school)
Ahhhh, you might have behaved somehow, that made her to think like.... ( O de lo kaawe, meaning " I thought you say, you passed through the four walls of education " . Our Yoruba mother, I pray that the good they have harvested in our life will manifest. They will reap the fruits of their labor by God grace.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
arherfish:
I'm 38 and not married and my mum wake me up one morning to ask me to confess to her if my p*nis is not functioning so she can help me seek help.
I laugh fall for bed.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by iCauseTrouble: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Teddiie:
"Since the day I gave birth to you, I know you can't have sense"...I did something foolish that day tho..
It wasn't painful but shocking shocked

When I told her later what she said, she was shocked too grin.. She didn't believe she could say that too..

So do you have sense now? grin
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by SexytorresE(f): 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Adolescent stage is the worse one experienced when growing up grin
eni4real:
Awwn..
Mama's girl grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by MansoryMX(m): 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Humanoid01:
Some people's experiences I've seen so far are just things that should be taken lightly and not considered hurtful. Na wa o! People dey carry matter for mind o.

Pain and hurts isn’t in the words but the tone, place and situation in which they are said.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
SexytorresE:
Adolescent stage is the worse one experienced when growing up grin
It is the most formative years of someone's life..
If you have disciplined parent (not the hypocritical ones ooo), it will forge your character well!!

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by SexytorresE(f): 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
U are right
eni4real:
It is the most formative years of someone's life..
If you have disciplined parent (not the hypocritical ones ooo), it will forge your character well!!
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by SexytorresE(f): 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
darhray:
What's the most painful word your mother ever told you and you feel depressed or pained.

Mine:
I waa very stubborn when I was little and there was a day she said she should have flushed my pregnancy out and that am a bastard. Well i packed my load and left home for 2 months but money finish and I had to go back home. She apologized and everything was cool.

Share yours
u for still remain there na as the money finish grin
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Babanlaexchange: 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Different types of words and prayer sha

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Sultty(m): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
geoworldedu:
My love is actually waxing stronger in this COVID-19 period. It's like I've eaten a love potion from my wife within this lockdown. I can't stop loving her.

In other news, see what a nairalander turned a beautiful hymn to:

My hope is built on nothing else than Jesus dicck and righteous mess.
I cannot suck his dicck alone but call on all my friends and foe.

On Christ God's solid dicck I stand, all other diccks are stinking bad, all other diccks are stinking bad (Song by Yahwehpenis)
Mad man cheesy my dad warned us not to utter hurtful words as a result my mum never said anything really hurtful than d usual don't kill me I didn't kill my parents sad but chai I used to be stubborn back then even to older folks. rest on parents
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Eryyy92: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
I no fit remember
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Shakaranews2020: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
beejay85:

I was just 6years old then, my mum said she loved my elder brother the most of her 3 children...I felt sad as a child....am over 30 yrs...I didn't hold it against her but I never forgot!
So,we parents should be careful of what we say to our children...cos they won't forget!!

Exactly. I can still remember all the brutality I got from my parents O. Dad go d always d call me witch say I wan chop am for my witch but I no go succeed. Mum would cuss and beat life out of me. She made sure I cried every single day. She loved my elder brother (still do) more. She told all the neighbours I was the lazy and problem child. Mehn! And this has affected our relationship till date. Although, I love her and give her money. But, I can go months without talking to her and won't feel it. But if she ask for anything, I oblige without hesitation.

She only made me stronger. Because, she was the reason why I hated home. Hence, after service I didn't go back home to avoid her. And that was the best moves I ever took. My elder brother was so pampered that it affected him till this day. He isn't a go getter and doesn't know how to really struggle. He still has the MUMMY'S BOY attitude. Now, my Mum is asking me to always send money to him and advise him. But me Sha de remind her say Na she cause am O.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by nahzyla: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
It was not one thing she said, out was a lot of things and even her treatment of me. She made it known that I am the least liked of her children, always insulting and running me down before my younger ones.
Told me I was not good at anything, schoolwork and housework, always running me down behind my back to my siblings. Running me down to outsiders. My teenage years were tough, i really needed love. I was bullied at school and was lonely only to come home and face more bullying from her. Really killed my self esteem and made me depressed.

My dad basically lived like a stranger with us, he didn't interact with us or show interest or concern in our lives and just kept mute while she treated us anyhow she pleased.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by MansoryMX(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
SexytorresE:
Growing up as a lady and same time stubborn cry I did something to her and she said “ur children will do same to u” cry used to be very stubborn then . But On her own, she prayed and rebuke all she said . That was when I got admission into JSS and a boarding school grin mom was crying and praying for i and my sis. I love u mom u endured all my shit and still I was ur favorite and the first child cry rest on

I was on this table for so many year with my Dad. My mom is one quiet woman that I am scared of her for being too quiet even when my stubborn ass do something bad. My dad finally lift the curse from me when he heard I sold my car to pay for his prostrate enlargement operations, all the rest and expensive drugs and that was the beginning of a father and son closeness between us. He is still alive and healthy and my third best friend after my wife and mom.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by dadarasak(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
Missyajoke:
She always accuse me for all trivial things, always making me feel bad for little things.

Pẹ̀lẹ́
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Bitcoinomy(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mothers are fantastic but they should also tame their tongues because some words they said is totally unwarranted and getting such Abusive words from parents hurts deeply and it is demoralizing and makes one feels less than himself during our early ages.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by wongwe: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
No lie for your mama's head o.... God is watching you o

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by seanwilliam(m): 11:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
she tell me say dem exchange me for hospital ward say no be me she supposed carry; D
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
1Sharon:
Alot of Nigerians have been emotionally abused as kids and don't even realise it.

They have internalised the negativity and are desensitize. Nigeria is filled with damaged people.

AFTER ALL THEY GET THEY STILL SAY "MY MUM IS THE BEST MOM THOUGH".

LET ME TELL YOU, WE HAVE VERY WICKED PEOPLE AS PARENTS IN THIS AFRICA. BRING THE LAWS OF THE WEST DOWN HERE AND ALL THESE OLD CARGOES MAY JUST DIE IN JAIL.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by JosephXavier: 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

And the best you can do now to make her smile where she is, is to leave the bad company and get determined to make it in life. In a Legit Way.

And if you have made it already. Kudos!

And she would be proud of you before the angels.
"That's my son, I knew he would be somebody"
grin

Thanks alot bro

Remain blessed.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by AfroBeatDiary: 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by JosephXavier: 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
@bolded we're in the same situation, but mine is still alive (thanks to God) and I'm trying really hard to turn things around

Same as me. One step at a time
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by SexytorresE(f): 11:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
MansoryMX:

I was on this table for so many year with my Dad. My mom is one quiet woman that I am scared of her for being too quiet even when my stubborn ass do something bad. My dad finally lift the curse from me when he heard I sold my car to pay for his prostrate enlargement operations, all the rest and expensive drugs and that was the beginning of a father and son closeness between us. He is still alive and healthy and my third best friend after my wife and mom.
growing up is something else cry o wish I wasn’t lik that then .
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Kingv(m): 12:02am On Apr 20, 2020
geoworldedu:
My love is actually waxing stronger in this COVID-19 period. It's like I've eaten a love potion from my wife within this lockdown. I can't stop loving her.

In other news, see what a nairalander turned a beautiful hymn to:

My hope is built on nothing else than Jesus dicck and righteous mess.
I cannot suck his dicck alone but call on all my friends and foe.

On Christ God's solid dicck I stand, all other diccks are stinking bad, all other diccks are stinking bad (Song by Yahwehpenis)

May God have mercy on you for you know not what you are doing

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Pheals(f): 12:04am On Apr 20, 2020
Ishilove:

Hahaha! cheesy

"Ishi, you are the shortest in the house so don't bring a short man to me." angry I just gave her side eye and kept silent.

lol ... short that u can use tap as shower � don't mind me ... is your name Ishi or na nick ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Fidelismaria: 12:07am On Apr 20, 2020

She said and I quote

"Masquerade has given birth, whether the child knows how to dance or not is not the masquerade problem"

Meaning:have given birth to you, your success is in your own hands, fail or succeed it's your problem

cry cry

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by oyigah(m): 12:09am On Apr 20, 2020
But you have money to draw tatoo on your hands abi?
Babysnow1:
She called me from the village and She told me she was gonna commit suicide and die cos she was suffering and sick and I had no money to take care of her.... I was just believing God for a miracle.... The little I have I have to sent her

And the next thing I heard was she was dead... So painful.. pain I still feel even till now

Pls ya all put there should take care of your parent ... If you have the money pls do.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by queengift(f): 12:10am On Apr 20, 2020
arherfish:
I'm 38 and not married and my mum wake me up one morning to ask me to confess to her if my p*nis is not functioning so she can help me seek help.

Hahahaha, I can't stop laughing, please go and marry

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by meeyarh(f): 12:12am On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmm typical me though still hoping on God to do more wonders in my life
daddytime:
1. You no go fit kill me lai lai because I no kill my own parents.

2. Useless shame of a pikin.

3. E better make person no get pikin dan to get one like you.

My mum was so harsh and iron-fisted that she even dealt with me until I broke a tooth. If to say na western world dem born me, na me for call police to arrest her for child abuse.

I was stubborn though as a kid, but nothing out of the ordinary for kids my age.

But you know what, all the beatings, swear words, comparisons with other kids et al, as much as they did scar me mentally and emotionally, I was still able to get a spurn from it all to propel me into proving everyone wrong. And boy, did I succeed?

Na me be the pikin wey shut everybody up with shock and how to be a family rock upon who everyone will eventually use as a springboard.

I know my mum did it all from a position of love (hard love). They often showed love how it was shown to them, na we come dey break the vicious cycle now.

I love my mum oh..

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by Atkins203: 12:13am On Apr 20, 2020
What my mum said to me back then is what I’m still battling with till today
I just pray to God to removes it from my life

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? by WhoDeyThere(m): 12:16am On Apr 20, 2020
[/quote][quote author=igbokwesampson post=88616808]Never to be remembered, I love my mum And everything she ever said turned out to be sweet especially now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Buys A New Car For His Mother, Says 'It Has Been My Dream' / Is She A Prostitute Or A Caring Mom? / Man Weds Dead Wife In Ebonyi (find Out Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.