Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (98914 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by themaestro08(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders
I'm a medical student, and gf( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her . Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents. Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket, It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day ( for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.
In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.
I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life , but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022(which supposed to be 2021but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled ( this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, ( I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.
thanks

"She would leave me if I don't pass my exam" , "I bought her point and kill worth 9000"....

Point and kill kill you there... Silly dude.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by danduchi(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
Thanks. I appreciate
if possible block her number using truecaller, u see the her calls but it will read busy. Don't always call her and engage seriously in a hobby this period.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
missimelda01:

It could be that her parents influenced her decision, she wouldn't mention marriage in the first place if she didn't see a future with you or maybe she got bored of the relationship and found someone else...things like this happen, it's sad.

I already told you to move on, life happens.
I think the influence is majorly from her female friends

8 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ricchcream:
Why must you marry before leaving to study overseas? Is it a requirement, or just your brother's suggestion?

I suppose, from your account, that your brother is the one taking care of you, and by extension, your girlfriend, financially. Does he know about her? .
Yes , he knows her.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Karlifate: 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
is not that I have too much money but it that she was my first love! Thanks
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by jumpampass(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders
I'm a medical student, and gf( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her . Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents. Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket, It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day ( for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.
In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.
I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life , but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022(which supposed to be 2021but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled ( this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, ( I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.
thanks
You are mumu man. Take red pill and go ask for refund. undecided

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
jumpampass:
You are mumu man. Take red pill and go ask for refund. undecided
Thanks man.

21 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Bush2013: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders

thanks
I am a medical student too but in Ebonyi. If you r in Ebonyi we can Meet because I am in town. You bleeped up but we can't throw the baby away with the water used in washing him

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Bush2013: 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Someone told you that if you fail your 2nd Mbbs exam she will leave you and you passed and continued with her

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by coronavirus19: 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Johntitus:
Hahahaha... You're your problem. How can you shoulder the responsibilities of a lady you've not married? Sha, no too much money dey shack you.
Iswear, na because the guy get money to spend. I don't blame him, when too much money don chop baba sense comot

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Jas80: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
coronavirus19:

Iswear, na because the guy get mney to spend. I don't blame him, when too much money don chop baba sense comot

This guy I know you
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by coronavirus19: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jas80:

This guy I know you
Trust me, U can't know me
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Bush2013:
I am a medical student too but in Ebonyi. If you r in Ebonyi we can Meet because I am in town. You bleeped up but we can't throw the baby away with the water used in washing him
willing
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Bush2013: 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
willing
I sent you a pm I stay somewhere around Nnodo boys secondary.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by UwaMmebii(m): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sorry OP.. it's so painful. All men have in one way or the other fall maga but we learn through our mistakes. But wait oh, why are girls from other Igbo states always rejecting men from ebonyi state in marriage?? I just can't understand. This reminds me about my Sister's friend who rejected a man all because he is from ebonyi. Upon everything the man did for this particular lady.. na wa for some gal Sha.

On spending part, just like the guy above me said never use money to start a relationship with a girl. This is the worst mistake I made. There is this particular lady I always tell how much I make every day while trading, the bitch wanted to capitalize on that to drain me. Thank God I wake up early and put her to where she belong.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by iphanyi10(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
since you said you don't mind the insults, op you are a fool!!! a very big one!!!
1) you allowed her control the relationship from the very start
2) you think you can't get someone better if she leaves
3) you even dismissed a chance to have a better education all because of a girl you are not married to
4)you lavish her with Money to show your masculinity.
5) you act desperate and in need with her.

now that we have established the fact that you have been a fool, let's talk about the solutions.

1) show her you love her but don't act thirsty
2) set ground rules but learn to relax them when need be
3) give her money when necessary but don't be her ATM.
4)don't talk about the marriage proposal again, refer to no1

let me tell you something, if you've actually wrote the truth in your post, she would be the one on the losing side if the relationship ends, she is always acting this way because she knows you're easy to manipulate. no one wants to lose someone precious as you. Be a man!!!!

40 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by antidisestablis: 11:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders

thanks
I just want to ask you a question. All the money you are given to this lady where did you get it from?
Leave the lady alone, her mind is made up she can never marry you.

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by sterlingbrown: 12:13am On Apr 20, 2020
Dumbest love story i ever read, But why some guys they behave like this na... smh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by opineflu(m): 12:49am On Apr 20, 2020
what an experience bro,let me clear man that girl never loved you one bit.
Knowing well that her mother would never support such matrimony,she kept that from you for a long time.It so bad she went ahead collecting your investment with no promise of a sound dividend..she had your fooled bro, i know moving on would be hard, considering the trust you bestowed on her.
Man staying away and starting afresh is the right and sound decision lest you breed bad blood between both families.it way deeper than you can comprehend

15 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 20, 2020
you are in med school and u allowing woman wahala to weigh u down and u know med school is quite challenging.If i were u i would just jejeli dump the girl and face my studies head on.She has already told u that if u fail any of the external medical exams she will break up with u.that ought to tell u she is a good digger.Dont know why some of u guys are weak anyway.There more beautiful female nursing students u would come across as u do ur medical course so why u scared to break up with her shocked.anyway its ur life sha cheesy.for me i cant allow woman issue to weigh me down..not when i have a challenging course at hand.If u let this girl keep distracting u u will fail ur exams.see her as someone placed by the devil to become an obstacle to your road of success.if u start seeing her as that u will know the right action to take cheesy.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Jaybeth(m): 1:16am On Apr 20, 2020
Hmm.....This thing called love has sent so many men into permanent depression, extreme hatred of the opposite sex and financial emptiness. The O.P has learnt his lesson.Pick up your self and always remember to love yourself first in your next relationship. For a girl you haven't married, for a girl you weren't the one that paid her fees upon her admission, never allow yourself to be manipulated into thinking that you are responsible for her day to day survival.You have been inducted into the club of broken hearted guys.Pick up the pieces and move on.Nothing do you.

22 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by luminouz(m): 1:31am On Apr 20, 2020
DominusPrime:
I'm happy you've braced up for insults. You are a really big fool not to know that you cannot train a lady through the university and she will end up with you. Only a minute number will. A whole medical student? This gullible? When in my school medical students are the most sought after you are here being fooled by a young girl.
Let me tell you what a girl told me just b4 she broke up with her bf cos of a doctor. Her mum told her that even though she's studying mls she must come back with a doctor as husband o. Cos the other girls who are marrying doctors don't have extra breast and yansh and she cannot understand why she will send her to medical school and she will say she married a radiographer...
To be honest that is the most wicked thing I've heard a mother tell her daughter about any man in the medical field irrespective of designation but that's to tell u how much doctors are sought after cos everyone knows they run out of the country once they are done. So for u to be played for a fool right from 200 level beats me. Now who is better off after you both count your losses? Of course she is cos that money you gave her could have been used to better yourself or just left in the bank to accumulate dust. Hope you've learnt your life lesson. We as men must fall mugu to get wisdom. All of us bashing you have been in this shoes but yours is by far the dumbest I've ever seen.

Wait, you even passed up an opportunity to travel out cos of her? Ah my brother whomever do you this thing no go die well...even the ladies here would laugh at your stupidity...

U finished him for me.
I grow more perplexed everyday to see that his kind of men still litter NL and the outside world. How in hell can a medical student be played like a mudafvcker?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 1:47am On Apr 20, 2020
iphanyi10:
since you said you don't mind the insults, op you are a fool!!! a very big one!!!
1) you allowed her control the relationship from the very start
2) you think you can't get someone better if she leaves
3) you even dismissed a chance to have a better education all because of a girl you are not married to
4)you lavish her with Money to show your masculinity.
5) you act desperate and in need with her.

now that we have established the fact that you have been a fool, let's talk about the solutions.

1) show her you love her but don't act thirsty
2) set ground rules but learn to relax them when need be
3) give her money when necessary but don't be her ATM.
4)don't talk about the marriage proposal again, refer to no1

let me tell you something, if you've actually wrote the truth in your post, she would be the one on the losing side if the relationship ends, she is always acting this way because she knows you're easy to manipulate. no one wants to lose someone precious as you. Be a man!!!!

Thanks. I appreciate. I'm learning my lesson already. You people are source of help to me.

10 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 1:49am On Apr 20, 2020
antidisestablis:

I just want to ask you a question. All the money you are given to this lady where did you get it from?
Leave the lady alone, her mind is made up she can never marry you.
My hard earned money. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 1:51am On Apr 20, 2020
opineflu:
what an experience bro,let me clear man that girl never loved you one bit.
Knowing well that her mother would never support such matrimony,she kept that from you for a long time.It so bad she went ahead collecting your investment with no promise of a sound dividend..she had your fooled bro, i know moving on would be hard, considering the trust you bestowed on her.
Man staying away and starting afresh is the right and sound decision lest you breed bad blood between both families.it way deeper than you can comprehend
I appreciate
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Anambra people trended on twitter the other day.
My advice for anyone dating anambra person, if you're not from the place yourself is to see the person's people one on one and find out where you stand before you go any further.
They hardly marry non indigenes.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 1:53am On Apr 20, 2020
lefulefu:
you are in med school and u allowing woman wahala to weigh u down and u know med school is quite challenging.If i were u i would just jejeli dump the girl and face my studies head on.She has already told u that if u fail any of the external medical exams she will break up with u.that ought to tell u she is a good digger.Dont know why some of u guys are weak anyway.There more beautiful female nursing students u would come across as u do ur medical course so why u scared to break up with her shocked.anyway its ur life sha cheesy.for me i cant allow woman issue to weigh me down..not when i have a challenging course at hand.If u let this girl keep distracting u u will fail ur exams.see her as someone placed by the devil to become an obstacle to your road of success.if u start seeing her as that u will know the right action to take cheesy.
A big thanks
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 1:54am On Apr 20, 2020
Jaybeth:
Hmm.....This thing called love has sent so many men into permanent depression, extreme hatred of the opposite sex and financial emptiness. The O.P has learnt his lesson.Pick up your self and always remember to love yourself first in your next relationship. For a girl you haven't married, for a girl you weren't the one that paid her fees upon her admission, never allow yourself to be manipulated into thinking that you are responsible for her day to day survival.You have been inducted into the club of broken hearted guys.Pick up the pieces and move on.Nothing do you.
Noted, thanks.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 1:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Chi59:
My advice for anyone dating anambra person, if you're not from the place yourself is to see the person's people one on one and find out where you stand before you go any further.
wow, thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by zexy2030(m): 2:23am On Apr 20, 2020
missimelda01:
You only told us the things you did for her, what of the things she did for you?
Did you notice at any point in the relationship that she was acting uninterested?
Marriage is a huge step, did you both have marriage in view while dating?
Parents have huge influence on some people, maybe she's one of them.

In conclusion, it's not advisable to convince someone to marry you.. move on with your life, you'd find someone else who'll feel the same way about you.
whatelse would she do, what does a student have to offer in a relationship if not sucking his dick or himself fvcking her to orgasm so who loss?
And definitely she can do that for 5k to any fvcking available dude.

We see Anam girls everywhere, hunting for money like WTF.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by zexy2030(m): 2:26am On Apr 20, 2020
Chi59:
This is the mistake he made. Another point even ibos fear anambra, it is mostly anambra to anambra. Then if eventually she marries you, she married you for ur resources which she believes would become hers after having kids for you.
In short Anams are very selfish sets of beings.

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Naira Marley: 'Dolapo Badmus Wants To Have Sex With Me But She Is Really Ugly' / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed / Man And Lady Die After Sex In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.