Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,497 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (98911 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by zexy2030(m): 2:32am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders
I'm a medical student, and gf( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her . Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents. Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket, It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day ( for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.
In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.
I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life , but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022(which supposed to be 2021but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled ( this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, ( I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.
thanks
Go get more characterly beautiful woman, they are many out there, don't worry u r making more money. That girl has been betrothed. Forget her she will be the one calling very soon. Stop calling or weeping over her. You have given her too much power over you... just acted a simp.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Blackbishop(m): 4:03am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders
I'm a medical student, and gf( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her . Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents. Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket, It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day ( for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.
In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.
I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life , but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022(which supposed to be 2021but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled ( this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, ( I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.
thanks

From my experience, she left me with the excuse of her mum been a prayer warrior and she has seen it that we are not compatible.. just a week later the mum approved another guy with a car and a good job for her. Not up to a month the guy gave her belle. And denied her bcuz the guy don marry and has a family. Gbam she came back begging me that it was a mistake and I should forgive her and even give her money to abort it so we can go back to our relationship...
Bros I blocked her, it is more than two years now early this month she used another number to call and begged I should unblock her that she wants us to go back to dating. I said I have heard, wetin man go do dey mans heart
Those who live by the nana die by the nana..

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
A big thanks
brotherly ditch that girl before she makes u to lose concentration cheesy.imagine u trying to concentrate on studies and ur mind is going to the way the girl is treating.i believe there are beautiful nursing students in ur sch..u could hook up to one when u almost through with ur studies.No let this girl make u lose road biko cheesy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 20, 2020
luminouz:

U finished him for me.
I grow more perplexed everyday to see that his kind of men still litter NL and the outside world. How in hell can a medical student be played like a mudafvcker?

My only consolation is that he learns from it if not, both he and his family will continue to suffer for it. Even if he is from a rich family it is no excuse.

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Trex4(m): 5:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
Thanks man.
I'm sorry bro. My advice for you is to take my advice......don't ever call her again. Don't even read not to talk of replying her messages. What you need now is to focus on your self. Trust me there's more pretty and better girls out there why get so sad? Your exams and your degree are important.

6 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Bigdanns(m): 5:19am On Apr 20, 2020
[quote author=Giwoni post=88616841]Good day NLanders

thanks
[/quote
Even if she told u earlier she was gonna marry u its no guarantee, ppl chng nd dr choices matter nd shld also be respected, I advice u don't visage in ur old paths, play u cards properly as u let her go while u get another lady.
Me I don't blv in luv, of whc I know money waters a relationship, but think abt it don't u knw life is reciprocal in a way, what eminent thing has she done fr ?? Ladies who show concern don't dmand much. But if u lyk doin much, much will be demanded frm, thrfr anything short of the standard u have set fr ursf bcmes an unbearable crime fr her.Think outside the cranium

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:40am On Apr 20, 2020
zexy2030:

This is the mistake he made. Another point even ibos fear anambra, it is mostly anambra to anambra. Then if eventually she marries you, she married you for ur resources which she believes would become hers after having kids for you.
In short Anams are very selfish sets of beings.
Thanks. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:41am On Apr 20, 2020
zexy2030:

Go get more characterly beautiful woman, they are many out there, don't worry u r making more money. That girl has been betrothed. Forget her she will be the one calling very soon. Stop calling or weeping over her. You have given her too much power over you... just acted a simp.
Thanks so much
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Blackbishop:

From my experience, she left me with the excuse of her mum been a prayer warrior and she has seen it that we are not compatible.. just a week later the mum approved another guy with a car and a good job for her. Not up to a month the guy gave her belle. And denied her bcuz the guy don marry and has a family. Gbam she came back begging me that it was a mistake and I should forgive her and even give her money to abort it so we can go back to our relationship...
Bros I blocked her, it is more than two years now early this month she used another number to call and begged I should unblock her that she wants us to go back to dating. I said I have heard, wetin man go do dey mans heart
Once pregnant for another person, I cannot abort neither will I marry her again...

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:45am On Apr 20, 2020
lefulefu:
brotherly ditch that girl before she makes u to lose concentration cheesy.imagine u trying to concentrate on studies and ur mind is going to the way the girl is treating.i believe there are beautiful nursing students in ur sch..u could hook up to one when u almost through with ur studies.No let this girl make u lose road biko cheesy.
Thanks a lot. I do appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:46am On Apr 20, 2020
Trex4:
I'm sorry bro. My advice for you is to take my advice......don't ever call her again. Don't even read not to talk of replying her messages. What you need now is to focus on your self. Trust me there's more pretty and better girls out there why get so sad? Your exams and your degree are important.
I really appreciate.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 5:48am On Apr 20, 2020
[quote author=Bigdanns post=88638932][/quote] Alright, noted. Thanks
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 20, 2020
zexy2030:

This is the mistake he made. Another point even ibos fear anambra, it is mostly anambra to anambra. Then if eventually she marries you, she married you for ur resources which she believes would become hers after having kids for you.
In short Anams are very selfish sets of beings.
Anambra people hardly marry other ibo people, except enugu. They're very selective and no matter the love, they must first of all get their parents approval. I once loved an anambra man. The rest is history
Infact if i ever come across an anambra guy toasting me again, I jump and pass. Let them marry themselves.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by zexy2030(m): 6:13am On Apr 20, 2020
Chi59:

Anambra people hardly marry other ibo people, except enugu. They're very selective and no matter the love, they must first of all get their parents approval. I once loved an anambra man. The rest is history
Infact if i ever come across an anambra guy toasting me again, I jump and pass. Let them marry themselves.
I swear grin, just collect d money, forget love na so dem be, I feel like dicking u 4dis statement grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Michelle55: 8:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmmm... Move on, you will do just fine. The way i see it oh,you guys ain't meant to be together.
Focus more on yourself and be happy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2020
Michelle55:
Hmmmm... Move on, you will do just fine. The way i see it oh,you guys ain't meant to be together.
Focus more on yourself and be happy
Noted, thanks
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by SweetCunt97(f): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
Thanks. I appreciate
Try not to get a lady from anambra next time. It's only a few family that will allow their kids marry from Ebonyi.. I don't know why but that's just how it is. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by luminouz(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2020
Blackbishop:

Is she anambra too?
Besides,what's so special about their girls anyways that they dont marry outside?

On your story, you did well. wink
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by luminouz(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2020
Chi59:

I.still dont get...what makes them so haughty and selective?

10 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 9:35am On Apr 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Try not to get a lady from anambra next time. It's only a few family that will allow their kids marry from Ebonyi.. I don't know why but that's just how it is. Good luck
Thanks, noted
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2020
luminouz:

I.still dont get...what makes them so haughty and selective?
I have no clue. When my ex just started acting funny, he wanted a break, I didn't really think much of it. The break broke up what we had, but it never crossed my mind. Till one or two years after when I started hearing about anambra people. Different stories from different people. I matched it up with what I had noticed in him and what he told me about his family. I started seeing a probable reason why he must have acted the way he did.
Whatever their reasons are, are not tenable. Why carry on a relationship with someone when you know that your people will not allow you to marry a non indigent person? And I think this issue of not having a mind of their own is a major contributor to the problem.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by FatherBona: 10:10am On Apr 20, 2020
grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Keketu(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2020
This is what keketu stand again in this forum, please girl don't like it when men her not men. very devoted and gentlemen work everytime . That's why alot of girls are sending pm everyday , I can't even reply it anymore it's too much nkw undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by LLobiorah: 10:30am On Apr 20, 2020
Dude you are so fucking dumb and silly to allow love to play you, especially when it's coming from an Anambra person. You know how childish and selfish both their men and women can be, both online and offline. 'Ndi mama anyi si', people, and you gave your love to that kinda being, when Ebonyi fine women full ground.

Even if Ebonyi ladies no dy, you didn't see the imo, Enugu and abia women to choose from, nah an Anambra woman that's after your little change. Bros, Idike!!

My one cent, pick up your life and move on jhor. That kinda lady wasn't meant for you, and never in your life or even advise your kids to fall in love with 'ndi mama anyi si people', without having second options. Las las, time go heal you.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by NwaforIgbo: 10:33am On Apr 20, 2020
If GreatResearcher1, The Simp Slayer, Conquer of the Simpdom, The Alpha Lunatic catch u!!
I laugh.. grin angry grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Chi59:

I have no clue. When my ex just started acting funny, he wanted a break, I didn't really think much of it. The break broke up what we had, but it never crossed my mind. Till one or two years after when I started hearing about anambra people. Different stories from different people. I matched it up with what I had noticed in him and what he told me about his family. I started seeing a probable reason why he must have acted the way he did.
Whatever their reasons are, are not tenable. Why carry on a relationship with someone when you know that your people will not allow you to marry a non indigent person? And I think this issue of not having a mind of their own is a major contributor to the problem.
What I discovered from Anambra people is that they come around someone for their selfish interest only.
My own question is that; does it mean that God did not make some of these so called ''Anambra people'' to marry or be married by other people?

14 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
What I discovered from Anambra people is that they come around someone for their selfish interest only.
My own question is that; does it mean that God did not make some of these so called ''Anambra people'' to marry or be married by other people?
It is something ingrained in them from childhood. They are taught that they should choose a person from their place. I won't be shocked if that my ex finally married someone from his place. Doesn't mean anambra people are better than others, just the mindset that their own is better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2020
LLobiorah:
Dude you are so fucking dumb and silly to allow love to play you, especially when it's coming from an Anambra person. You know how childish and selfish both their men and women can be, both online and offline. 'Ndi mama anyi si', people, and you gave your love to that kinda being, when Ebonyi fine women full ground.

Even if Ebonyi ladies no dy, you didn't see the imo, Enugu and abia women to choose from, nah an Anambra woman that's after your little change. Bros, Idike!!

My one cent, pick up your life and move on jhor. That kinda lady wasn't meant for you, and never in your life or even advise your kids to fall in love with 'ndi mama anyi si people', without having second options. Las las, time go heal you.
Gbam. They have no minds of their own. They can't go against their families for love. Even among the educated and well travelled, the same mindset runs through them. How I wish I knew then what I know now.

7 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by UwaMmebii(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:

Not only Anambra, Enugu too find it difficult to marry from Ebonyi. Is it that Ebonyi men are bad?

I've seen countless numbers of girls from our side that rejected Ebonyi men.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by luminouz(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2020
Chi59:

Thanks for this. I was so confused as to the reason why they dont marry from their state. But since you're also Igbo,what's the big deal in discriminating against you na? If na Yoruba geh, I fit understand.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
Good day NLanders

thanks
She’s not or no longer into you, she doesn’t want to end up with you forget all those excuses. It’s her decision and not her mom’s. If a lady is into u no Jupiter can tell her not to marry you she will fight it to the last. Women in love are very stubborn.

The sad truth from your story is that You enticed her with money. You were her ATM and the only one investing in the relationship.

Like I always say always gauge the interest of ur partner, in words, investments in you and actions.

human psychology 101

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2020
tunize:
You even spend money pass the girl papa or mama wen send her go school.well, that is love for you my brother u don try for her.
For advice level u don't need any because she already told you she can't marry u because of their tribal watever. U seem to love this ur girl more than she loves u because, it seems she's not even convincing her mom to look beyond tribe and look ur personality as a non Anambra LET HER BE.
That her mama part na format. I won’t be surprised she discussed nothing with her. I’ve done this to a lady before. We were friends with benefit, she started catching feelings and I didn’t want to damage our friendship once I saw someone I wanted to officially date and marry, so I dropped the format to absolve myself of the blames this time na my papa I use. Till date the babe no like my papa o. God forgive me.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Naira Marley: 'Dolapo Badmus Wants To Have Sex With Me But She Is Really Ugly' / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed / Man And Lady Die After Sex In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.