Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (98897 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
kriss27:
This is all you have to say?If it was your brother would you have said the samething?Women!
But the guy is saying the right thing now. What he said is not bad
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by callmeRichie(m): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
Late 20s

@OP too, I hope you see this... bro we are still young aswear. If he's really in his early 20s why should a relationship be his first priority?? That's where he first missed it!

1st Rule: Never get too early into a relationship while you should be focused on your life and future! Both won't add up aswear.

2nd rule: People's opinion of you should not really be your reality!!!
He's brother asked him to get married be4 living Nigeria, and that was why he was too rushy too. Like he's d 1 to stay in the marriage for him abi

I wish you goodluck bro
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Favourite001: 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
Who will follow me and laff, east and tribe issue,pls is ebonyi and anambra not eastern state?
D same set of ppl shouting Biafra.......... How will deir oneness b achieved if dey can't Inter-marry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Phenomenal16(f): 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
.....bros that gal is not really into u
What's wrong with Ebonyi...is she getting married to d state or to u
Face ur books in peace
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
missimelda01:
I don't get you, the story is one sided.. what do you expect me to say
alaiye gbagbe. You no talk bad thing

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Favourite001: 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
JasonBoss:

She use you cash out..

Choi Fear woman..
Fear woman wetin
The guy saw all d handwriting on the wall.
Is he d girl's father or father Christmas?
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by lifeguard(m): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
Leave her alone, she's in another relationship. You were just a makeshift school boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
IloveToMess:

I dont have issue with that myself because i as an Imo man will not marry from outside Imo state. I cant leave those beauties and brains to go seek wife elsewhere. So its a thing of choice, no hard feelings.
Mumu ode all IMO girls are olosho
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nekky5(f): 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
I hope you have learnt your lessons.it is good to be wise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by malbro(m): 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
My brother thank your maker everything is out like this...my only advice to you is to forget about her and move on....I know is very diffcult to do right not but I have been in your shoes before don't force anything let her be at the right time your soulmate will find you.... NB it won't be easy but let her go immediately and stop all form of financial assistance to her.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by ogbevireo(m): 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

There is no harm done my brother, I am sure you have heard of such a thing as she has done happening before.

My advice to you is simple.
Thank God for finally making you feel the reality of the person you were intending to spend your life with.
There is nothing to cry about unless your time, energy and money spent.
But I want to assume you didn't do all of the things you did primarily because you want to marry her but because you were dating and wanted to be of help.

Just take your time for now and stay away from dating for now.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by zcee: 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
I can't be this foolish, women are unpredictable they can disappoint u at anytime...

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by jaxxy(m): 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
She usually give me sex whenever she wants, she also cook for me occasionally, which I cooked more for her.
she also gives me fruits which I did more than that.
In 2019, I noticed she was acting uninterested but went on to tell my male class mate that she has made her mind to be with me while waiting for her parents conclusion.
In the beginning, she was even the person that brought marriage up.

I have not even gone quarter of what I did for her which she usually tells me that she doesn't have any to give me in return.

U need to learn how to say no to a gal. Being a man isnt all about saying yes, it's about saying No. It looks bad bt it works. Lol

Also don't ever date sm1 and do stuffs for them with the conclusion of marrying them, it's like a way to put ure self under undue pressure to do things for them even against ur will. U shud all do what urcomfortable with doing outside the context of marrying her. The gal who wants to marry will marry u regardless.

Over showing urself makes u seem like the desprate one which ideally shudnt be cos it's both of u that want it if it's going to work.

Never let it look like she owes u marriage for all u have done for her. That's not how marriage works or happens. Marriage is not a debt to be paid. Nobody will go along with that unless the most greatful person which are extremely few.

U did nothing wrong u were just naive about the circumstances and situation. u may wish ro move on dont wait for her bt if she comes back to her sense hear her out. Cheers.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by IloveToMess: 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Favourite001:

Who will follow me and laff, east and tribe issue,pls is ebonyi and anambra not eastern state?
D same set of ppl shouting Biafra.......... How will deir oneness b achieved if dey can't Inter-marry.
Its usually a thing of choice, you would want to marry someone you are compatible with.. It has nothing to do with Biafra, that even gets to show that Biafra will be a success because it will not be Igbos ganging up against non Igbo Biafrans ,like Fulanis are doing, its all man for himself, which means their would be so much freedom.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by FGonline: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
change that Ebonyi man,to a man from your state.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by IloveToMess: 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
operationmoses:

Mumu ode all IMO girls are olosho
Where are you from lets start from there? Ewu

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by tony0806: 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks

It happened this way because God loves u so much that he wouldn't want you to leave a wasted and a regretful life in the future. That's a great deliverance in disguise. Move on and trust God for your wife. You'll go through the pains for just a few months maximum, and u will become emotionally stronger. I've been through it brother. In a few years time, you'll use her story to encourage others
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by STENON(f): 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
Congrats. Right now, Go and download many electronic music to create happiness and be thanking God for your bright future. Finish your final paper and leave to another country. PLAB is the requirement in UK but dont know for US, Na she go dey search for you on facebook, nairaland, tru friend of friends, and even emails grin wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Utiii: 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ladies were not dropping advices
Looks like they laughed pitied your plight,some are jealous of your said girlfriend(gold digger)for finding such a lucrative goldmine some may even try to trace op cause your mind is too fresh and will fall for their manipulations
In all I think it is a necessary lesson never forget this next time you will act wiser it's just a shame this is almost 4 years it took to open your eyes if you did not talk about marriage she will still be making demands, so heartless.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Bro the truth is that, she found someone else. Why would she follow her mom decision if she truly loves you... Is she marrying the states
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by CuteYvonne777: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Analysiscorner: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
The grace of God will locate someone who will love and cherish you. Kindly forgive and forget. It is well Bro
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Johnadelaide00: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Just like Jesus said "my work is finished" my brother your work is finished.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by kaykad: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
I think you said it all, but i differ with number 3. i will help you rephrase it. no let ANY HUMAN/WOMAN/MAN, WIFE, MOTHER etc influence decisions that u know can make your life better. but my guy mumu no b small, i cant let it go. i apologise.
MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Please leave her alone and pursue your dreams. I have a feeling they're trying to get her a successful spareparts dealer who's ready to settled down, from lagos. Don't worry, she would end up begging, telling you it's the devil that pushed her lool.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Tell me its not better to flirt than to fall in love and then gets hurts... am sorry bro
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Ezehillary(m): 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
GUYS HAVE SENCE , DON'T TRAIN ANY GIRL THAT YOU HAVEN'T MARRY IN THE UNIVERSITY
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by JerryEmma: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
You are the one that really love the girl. The girl has been trying to inform you that she doesn’t love you by putting you on condition that if you don’t pass your exam she’s going to leave. The Lady stayed with you just because of the money she’s getting from you. My brother pls forget about the girl if she come back to you, she will break your heart and kidney together and leave you.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by kaykad: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
his eyes is not yet opened, if she use style come back i have a feeling that he would take her back. if as a person you are looking for happiness in another human, you will always get disappointed. humans are not perfect being
Utiii:
Ladies were not dropping advices
Looks like they laughed pitied your plight,some are jealous of your said girlfriend(gold digger)for finding such a lucrative goldmine some may even try to trace op cause your mind is too fresh and will fall for their manipulations
In all I think it is a necessary lesson never forget this next time you will act wiser it's just a shame this is almost 4 years it took to open your eyes if you did not talk about marriage she will still be making demands, so heartless.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Coquinoqui: 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Wetin Lala nor go sèe for nairaland

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) / Naira Marley: 'Dolapo Badmus Wants To Have Sex With Me But She Is Really Ugly' / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.