Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? (2371 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

So, so Jesus was a Jehovah witness? I don't know much about Jehovah witness religion
Obviously you're a Muslim like i used to be in those days.
What our clerics told us is that Jesus was not a Christian so it's wrong for people to call themselves Christians.

But God hid the name he wants his people to bear from Satan's agents who are claiming worshipers of God.

In the beginning God's people were known as Abraham's offsprings, but because many of Abraham's descendants became pagans.

Later when God freed Israelites from Egypt God's people were known as Israelites, but 10 out 12 tribes of Israel became pagans.

Later the remaining 2 tribes stand alone and God's people were known as Jews.

Later when Jesus established preaching and teaching God's people were known as Christians (followers of Christ).

All these while God kept the divine name he wants to give his true worshipers hidden until 1931 after all these pagans claiming Christians have adopted the group name.

That was the year God now used his holy spirit to direct his people to the hidden group name Jehovah's Witnesses in the Bible {Isaiah 43:10-12}

Notice what God said in that Bible passage @ verse 10.

You are my Witnesses(plural) and my servant(singular) whom i have chosen!

The plural is for all faithful worshipers of God from Abel till today {Hebrew 11:4-12:1} but the singular is for Jesus! Deuteronomy 18:18 compare to Revelations 1:5

So God hid this special name from false religionists claiming they're his worshipers, in order to call us by a unique separate name! Isaiah 65:15

Thanks! smiley
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Obviously you're a Muslim like i used to be in those days.
What our clerics told us is that Jesus was not a Christian so it's wrong for people to call themselves Christians.

But God hid the name he wants his people to bear from Satan's agents who are claiming worshipers of God.

In the beginning God's people were known as Abraham's offsprings, but because many of Abraham's descendants became pagans.

Later when God freed Israelites from Egypt God's people were known as Israelites, but 10 out 12 tribes of Israel became pagans.

Later the remaining 2 tribes stand alone and God's people were known as Jews.

Later when Jesus established preaching and teaching God's people were known as Christians (followers of Christ).

All these while God kept the divine name he wants to give his true worshipers hidden until 1931 after all these pagans claiming Christians have adopted the group name.

That was the year God now used his holy spirit to direct his people to the hidden group name Jehovah's Witnesses in the Bible {Isaiah 43:10-12}

Notice what God said in that Bible passage @ verse 10.

You are my Witnesses(plural) and my servant(singular) whom i have chosen!

The plural is for all faithful worshipers of God from Abel till today {Hebrew 11:4-12:1} but the singular is for Jesus! Deuteronomy 18:18 compare to Revelations 1:5

So God hid this special name from false religionists claiming they're his worshipers, in order to call us by a unique separate name! Isaiah 65:15

Thanks! smiley

Quoting bible? For real? Is it word of god or history written by unknown people?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Quoting bible? For real? Is it word of god or history written by unknown people?

I would have discard it as mere history, but Isaiah 2:2-4 said something that seems impossible on this planet!

Humans from different races and nations will come together under one umbrella to form a global family of peace loving worshipers, during the time when people finds it extremely difficult to unite due to Politics and Nepotism! smiley

But when i see the way Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers today, I have no reason again to doubt that book (Bible)! smiley
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Maximus69:

I would have discard it as mere history, but Isaiah 2:2-4 said something that seems impossible on this planet!

Humans from different races and nations will come together under one umbrella to form a global family of peace loving worshipers, during the time when people finds it extremely difficult to unite due to Politics and Nepotism! smiley

But when i see the way Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers today, I have no reason again to doubt that book (Bible)! smiley

I was told Jehovah witness bible is different from Protestant as Protestant bible is different from Catholic
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
Catholicism is a very old domination, like St. Peter is the first Pope there and Peter is a follower of Christ. I don't have info for the others, as the word Christian inplies, it must involve Christ as there was no other Jesus Christ for Jesus Christ to follow.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I was told Jehovah witness bible is different from Protestant as Protestant bible is different from Catholic

That's what you were told!

Now compare with what you're seeing! shocked

All these different religions claims they are Christians, but only Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully made all their members to drop weapons, stop training for wars and take people from all lands as individuals worthy to live! Micah 4:1-3

Only Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully compelled the adherents to go out and preach from house to house! Matthew 10:3-15;28:19-20

Only Jehovah's Witnesses have LOVE JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering! smiley

Jesus said that their light (good qualities) will shine! Matthew 5:14-16

You may detest anything religious but that shouldn't blur your senses from observing the reality! smiley
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Maximus69:

That's what you were told!

Now compare with what you're seeing! shocked

All these different religions claims they are Christians, but only Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully made all their members to drop weapons, stop training for wars and take people from all lands as individuals worthy to live! Micah 4:1-3

Only Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully compelled the adherents to go out and preach from house to house! Matthew 10:3-15;28:19-20

Only Jehovah's Witnesses have LOVE JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering! smiley

Jesus said that their light (good qualities) will shine! Matthew 5:14-16

You may detest anything religious but that shouldn't blur your senses from observing the reality! smiley

Smiling.

You lucky ain't know shit about Jehovah witness.

Oh! About blood transfusion.. am listening.
And did Jesus even did house to house preaching?
Why would you follow something Jesus never did?

And Kingdom hall.. what's about it. Jesus also have a kingdom hall for preaching or something?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Smiling.

You lucky ain't know shit about Jehovah witness.

Oh! About blood transfusion.. am listening.
And did Jesus even did house to house preaching?
Why would you follow something Jesus never did?

And Kingdom hall.. what's about it. Jesus also have a kingdom hall for preaching or something?

Jehovah's Witnesses detest that adjective "lucky"!

So i don't want to be lucky, please do your findings about Jehovah's Witnesses (true Christians) then make further inquiries about us from my brothers and sisters in your neighbourhood!

Thanks! smiley
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

So Jesus and god ain't the same thing then.

And did the people who wrote bible said anything about trinity?
They are one and same.
Jesus said,'I and My Father are one'.John 10:30.
The writings of the Scripture point to the Trinity.It is revealed in all the Scriptures.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 10:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
Janosky:

Please don't confuse yourself.
Jesus Christ says God is a spirit, John 4:24.
Did Jesus tell you he is referring to himself?
You're the one who should not get confused and learn Scriptures.
In John 13:13,Jesus said,
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
How come Jesus says He's in heaven even as he spoke on the earth?
Learn the word of God with a humble spirit.God will show you many things.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Janosky: 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
thorpido:
You're the one who should not get confused and learn Scriptures.
In John 13:13,Jesus said,
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
How come Jesus says He's in heaven even as he spoke on the earth?
Learn the word of God with a humble spirit.God will show you many things.

Bros, shine your eyes well well...
That is = meaning....
The son of man who is in heaven came down from heaven to earth..... That's the point.

For example, my brother came down to Nigeria, he is in America. That is,my brother lives in America. But He visited Nigeria.

Shalom.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Valkrie: 12:15am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Catholic has different mode of worship Protestant also Even Jehovah Witness.

Which one did Jesus practiced when he's alive
Yeah...and they all claimed to be guided by their holy spirit...!!
Me think their holy spirit is confused and a author of confusion...!!
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:34am On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
They are one and same.
Jesus said,'I and My Father are one'.John 10:30.
The writings of the Scripture point to the Trinity.It is revealed in all the Scriptures.

If john was actually real and true companion of Jesus like Mathew was.

Why don't Mathew report same statement?

There are tons of verse pointing to the fact that Jesus is not god nor born by god (god son)
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Jehovah's Witnesses detest that adjective "lucky"!

So i don't want to be lucky, please do your findings about Jehovah's Witnesses (true Christians) then make further inquiries about us from my brothers and sisters in your neighbourhood!

Thanks! smiley

Answer those questions
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by dederocs(m): 1:24am On Apr 21, 2020
There was no Christianity in the true sense during Jesus times, only judaism.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Answer those questions

I've answered your first question with valid evidence that's obvious, Jesus is one of the Witnesses of Jehovah!
Jesus' followers were given the group name "Christian" by people living in Antioch, that's not what they called themselves.
God hid the divine group name until 1931 when all false religionists have jumped and followed the same path.
But if you still have more questions after the first one, all you need to do is look for Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood and ask them, they're ever ready to discuss with you about their faith.
You said i'm lucky you don't know anything about Jehovah's Witnesses, so i'm now giving you the opportunity to know us by directing you to people in your own vicinity whom you will see face to face not hidden characters on social media! smiley

We too are searching for people who want to learn {Matthew 10:6} but definitely not those who just want to make jest of faith with unwarranted arguments! Titus 3:9

Thanks! smiley
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, shine your eyes well well...
That is = meaning....
The son of man who is in heaven came down from heaven to earth..... That's the point.

For example, my brother came down to Nigeria, he is in America. That is,my brother lives in America. But He visited Nigeria.

Shalom.
You're probably a Muslim or an atheist.
How do you compare coming from heaven to the earth with coming from America to Nigeria?
Did you pay attention to the latter part of the statement when He said,... 'who is in heaven'.Do you know the meaning of 'is'?He spoke in present continuous.While on the earth He said He 'is' in heaven not 'was' in heaven!
Learn the Scriptures with an open mind.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2020
Valkrie:

Yeah...and they all claimed to be guided by their holy spirit...!!

Me think their holy spirit is confused and a author of confusion...!!
Except you repent,these words you've spoken will judge you.It's a reckless statement and you will pay dearly for it.

The Holy Spirit created the world if you are ignorant about that.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 7:45am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

If john was actually real and true companion of Jesus like Mathew was.

Why don't Mathew report same statement?

There are tons of verse pointing to the fact that Jesus is not god nor born by god (god son)
How come you turn away from the tons that point to the fact that He is?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Answer those questions

Jehovah's Witnesses don't teach on faceless social media, i think you need to learn from people by watching what they do no just what they say! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2020
TATIME:

Jehovah's Witnesses don't teach on faceless social media, i think you need to learn from people by watching what they do no just what they say! smiley smiley smiley

Don't forget you are actually the face of Jehovah witness right now
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:38am On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
How come you turn away from the tons that point to the fact that He is?

Cos it's not stated fact. It's history. Written by different people. An account of happenings. The said companions of his should have relayed the same thing..

Everything is different. From his being, his message, his supposed death and ascension.. even crucifixion.

So many discrepancies.

And the Bibles are even different from eachother. I would have love to know about Catholic.. they're early Christians and they propagate Christianity.. but it's absolutely clear that They're pagan. Idol worship, human worship.

The foundation of Christianity is foil.. so what's the fuss about
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
Except you repent,these words you've spoken will judge you.It's a reckless statement and you will pay dearly for it.

The Holy Spirit created the world if you are ignorant about that.

Holy spirit is god? That's new
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2020
Maximus69:

I've answered your first question with valid evidence that's obvious, Jesus is one of the Witnesses of Jehovah!
Jesus' followers were given the group name "Christian" by people living in Antioch, that's not what they called themselves.
God hid the divine group name until 1931 when all false religionists have jumped and followed the same path.
But if you still have more questions after the first one, all you need to do is look for Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood and ask them, they're ever ready to discuss with you about their faith.
You said i'm lucky you don't know anything about Jehovah's Witnesses, so i'm now giving you the opportunity to know us by directing you to people in your own vicinity whom you will see face to face not hidden characters on social media! smiley

We too are searching for people who want to learn {Matthew 10:6} but definitely not those who just want to make jest of faith with unwarranted arguments! Titus 3:9

Thanks! smiley

All the points..

Kindly point them out from your bible.

god hid.. Christianity.. antioch.. Jehovah witness and others
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 11:15am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Which division of Christianity is Jesus?
Jesus Christ has always been a hardcore Traditionalist also know as a Hebrew Traditionalist, in Igbo tradition we call it Omenala and Odinala so that's the actual division/denomination that Christ belongs.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Brunicekid(m): 11:25am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Which division of Christianity is Jesus?
Jesus was in no denomination. Jesus Christ Church is the UNIVERSAL CHURCH - THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
He was a Jew na, so I guess Judaism.
Is what they practice in some part of Israel till date.
Judaism a name that was invented in Europe,tell me any where in the Bible that the writing word/name know as Judaism can be found in the Bible.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Catholic has different mode of worship
Protestant also
Even Jehovah Witness.

Which one did Jesus practiced when he's alive

As always, since the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty are involved, I will use his name and that of his begotten Son, Yahushua the Messiah in any discourse.
What is really the essence of this thread of yours?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
If bible is word of God.

Why is it written by eyewitness of Jesus account of happenings?
Why 80% of bible was written by inspiration by apostles?
Why is there different of account of happenings by the eye witness.m John Mathew?

They all relayed and relayed the same Message.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
If you cannot question your religion. Then what's the essence

You are questioning the Word of the Creator of heaven and earth and not religion.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 11:40am On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
He couldn't have been any of the listed above.He was born into Judaism but He came with a better way than Judaism.
He didn't bring another religion but brought a relationship with God and eternal life without which no man can see God.
Can you explain more on He came with a better way than Judaism, for me the writing word/name know as Judaism was invented in Europe so are you saying that the events that happened in the Bible concerning Christ all happened in Europe, the name/the writing word know as Judaism don't exist in the Bible.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2020
OtemAtum:
He was a fictitious character whose fictitious story inspired both Jehovah's witness, Catholic and Protestants.

Dreamer. When are you going to wake up from your slumber?

Yahushua lives for ever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash / Some Failed Biblical Prophecies / For The Atheists,if You Encounter This,what Will You Call It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.