Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? (2385 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:

He didn't bring another religion but brought a relationship with God and eternal life without which no man can see God

Aptly stated.

Yahushua the Messiah did not bring any religion different from what Moses, David, the prophets, etcetera, practised.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
God is Spirit.
There are different spirits - there is the Spirit of God,there is the human spirit,the angels and demonic spirits.They are not the same.
Jesus is the Spirit of God.....the Spirit of God is God.
(1) But everything was created by God

(2) The Lord God Almighty is the Lord of the Spirits (All spirit's) the Lord Almighty created them all everything.

(3) So explain more on what's makes them not to be the same.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by OtemAtum: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

Dreamer. When are you going to wake up from your slumber?

Yahushua lives for ever.

Maybe I'm typing this from my dream grin
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:56am On Apr 21, 2020
OtemAtum:

Maybe I'm typing this from my dream grin

I know you know what I meant.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by OtemAtum: 11:56am On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

I know you know what I meant.
No I don't. Can you tell me?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Based on what is written about his words, actions and ministry, Jesus can't belong to any other group, he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

Which is the greatest Commandment according to the Scriptures?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by elated177: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2020
OtemAtum:
No I don't. Can you tell me?

Making the Saviour of the world, Yahushua the Messiah, fictitious.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by 1Sharon(f): 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
He couldn't have been any of the listed above.He was born into Judaism but He came with a better way than Judaism.
He didn't bring another religion but brought a relationship with God and eternal life without which no man can see God.

So you think you know better than the jews than don't believe in him?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by freshboi88: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, shine your eyes well well...
That is = meaning....
The son of man who is in heaven came down from heaven to earth..... That's the point.

For example, my brother came down to Nigeria, he is in America. That is,my brother lives in America. But He visited Nigeria.

Shalom.

What y said makes no sense
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

Which is the greatest Commandment according to the Scriptures?

Go and ask your Pastor! cheesy
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

You are questioning the Word of the Creator of heaven and earth and not religion.

Bible is only an account of history written by people who saw Jesus and people who claim inspiration.

It wasn't even written when Jesus was alive.

So?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

They all relayed and relayed the same Message.

Then why contradictions
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

As always, since the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty are involved, I will use his name and that of his begotten Son, Yahushua the Messiah in any discourse.
What is really the essence of this thread of yours?

Christianity is a hoax.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Bible is only an account of history written by people who saw Jesus and people who claim inspiration.

It wasn't even written when Jesus was alive.

So?

@bolded shows what you concluded about the book, so why the thread? cheesy
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by OtemAtum: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
elated177:

Making the Saviour of the world, Yahushua the Messiah, fictitious.

He is fictitious. It's not my making, just the bitter truth.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Valkrie: 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
Except you repent,these words you've spoken will judge you.It's a reckless statement and you will pay dearly for it.

The Holy Spirit created the world if you are ignorant about that.

Oga, I'm off your religious grid so save that for yourself...!! You only became scared of the European religion if you don't know your right and what is real...!!

I dey wait for your holy spirit...!! Yeye..!!
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nairalandmonika: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
letu:
Judaism a name that was invented in Europe,tell me any where in the Bible that the writing word/name know as Judaism can be found in the Bible.
See this who Christianity thing was invented in Europe, no need arguing about something that's not even real.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

See this who Christianity thing was invented in Europe, no need arguing about something that's not even real.
It does not mean that the characters or some of the characters in the Christian Bible are not real when it comes to history.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
1Sharon:

So you think you know better than the jews than don't believe in him?
In Matthew 11:25,the Bible says,'At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.,
Do you what what that Scripture means especially the bolded?
It simply means there are many who will ,'know better than the Jews that don't believe in him'.....to use your words.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
letu:
(1) But everything was created by God

(2) The Lord God Almighty is the Lord of the Spirits (All spirit's) the Lord Almighty created them all everything.

(3) So explain more on what's makes them not to be the same.
In biology,we say there is plant life,animal life and human life.Even though all were created by God,they are not in the same 'class'.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
letu:
Can you explain more on He came with a better way than Judaism, for me the writing word/name know as Judaism was invented in Europe so are you saying that the events that happened in the Bible concerning Christ all happened in Europe, the name/the writing word know as Judaism don't exist in the Bible.
In the beginning,man had a relationship with God.He had no religion.
It was when man sinned and 'fell short of His glory' that religion was given to man to keep in God's ways but no matter how man tried,he still could not please God.
Jesus brought a new testament which established the broken relationship with God and makes man relate with God directly and for God to relate with man.
The Jews had a religion and the religion is what is called Judaism.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Holy spirit is god? That's new
Your spirit is you The Spirit of God is God.It's simple.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by 1Sharon(f): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
In Matthew 11:25,the Bible says,'At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.,
Do you what what that Scripture means especially the bolded?
It simply means there are many who will ,'know better than the Jews that don't believe in him'.....to use your words.

So you perceive yourself as a little kid? And see the jews as wise and unlearned?

Have you cared to research why they reject jesus?
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jesus is the founder and initiator of the Christian faith.
According to what the book (Bible), humans are dying because of an infection inherited from Adam (our first parents) but a ransom is required to restore us back to a perfect condition that death will not be able to affect us again.
Jesus used his perfect human life to save obedient mankind from the infection (death), the redeemer in Hebrew is called "Messiah" in Greek meaning "Christ"
So the group name Christians was given to those whose form of worship had the four features of Jesus' life and ministry.

To identify the true Christians today, an intelligent observer only need to watchout for the four features of Christianity as it was in the first century!

(1) Respect for God's word and living in harmony with it. Jesus taught his followers to view God's word as the best way of life there is, so they must have deep respect for God's word! John 17:17

(2)There were mighty nations fighting for supremacy during Jesus' time, and each nation is boasting in the name of their God. So Jesus taught his followers to make known the name of the God of Israel everywhere they go! John 17:6,26

(3)Mankind has been experiencing so much troubles from the beginning till now, so many people are coming up with different idea to easy the tension, but Jesus taught his own followers that only God's heavenly Kingdom (Government) will solve all mankind's problems! Luke 4:43

(4)Jesus' followers will be identified by the love permeating their midst! John 13:34-35

These are the four features of Christianity back in the first century, other religionists claiming Christians may object saying miraculous works is vital but Jesus said it's not necessary! Matthew 7:21-23

WHY?

Because spectacular signs could be stage-managed by evil spirits too, but they can never meet up with real features that only God's holy spirit could work out! Matthew 7:15-20
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
1Sharon:

So you perceive yourself as a little kid? And see the jews as wise and unlearned?

Have you cared to research why they reject jesus?
You take those words literally? shocked
Learn about figurative expressions.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Maximus69:

@bolded shows what you concluded about the book, so why the thread? cheesy

To open eyes
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

To open eyes

Well that's exactly the same thing they all say until years later when all their efforts have failed.

So let's wait and see the result of your eye-opening concept! cheesy
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
In the beginning,man had a relationship with God.He had no religion.
It was when man sinned and 'fell short of His glory' that religion was given to man to keep in God's ways but no matter how man tried,he still could not please God.
Jesus brought a new testament which established the broken relationship with God and makes man relate with God directly and for God to relate with man.
The Jews had a religion and the religion is what is called Judaism.
Just show me where the writing word/name Judaism is written in the Bible which chapters please quote.
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
thorpido:
In biology,we say there is plant life,animal life and human life.Even though all were created by God,they are not in the same 'class'.
just one question, only for you to abandoned your Bible and replace your Bible with biology, I want you to answer the question using it your Bible so next time don't run from Your Bible. grin grin
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by thorpido(m): 8:46am On Apr 22, 2020
letu:
just one question, only for you to abandoned your Bible and replace your Bible with biology, I want you to answer the question using it your Bible so next time don't run from Your Bible. grin grin
Jesus said in John 3:12,If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
If i explain things to you using elementary biology and you don't understand,how will you understand spiritual things? undecided
Re: Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? by letu(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
thorpido:
Jesus said in John 3:12,If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
If i explain things to you using elementary biology and you don't understand,how will you understand spiritual things? undecided
Yes I see but what I was expecting was for you to answer by using the Bible and not the earthly things you called biology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seeing Oneself Naked In Dreams. What Does It Mean? / Why Do People Sleep In Church / Apologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.