Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) (95721 Views)

See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) / Ghastly Motor Accident At Alapere, Ketu This Morning (Photos) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2020
Evablizin:
Covid-19 kills too.

Hunger kills faster in Nigeria... But of course, that's not the worry of the few well to do and comfortable people.

Las las, every one will have to pick his own risk, and pursue what benefits him.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Harbeeorlar(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2020
You only saw picture and you start ranting. No stamp, nothing nothing to authenticate this pictures were truly taken today. People can do anything just to get traffic/RT/likes.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by BraveDeltan(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2020
lebron7:
The person wey snap the picture, wetin e dey find?

You are asking a journalist monitoring how people are obeying the lockdown order what he was doing there? Don't make me laugh.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2020
This bridge thought me a big lesson last year, sad I took my uncle's car without his consent, to go and flex my new babe hoping that I will come back on time cool , only for the car to spoil in the middle of the bridge , I wan mad that day grin the rest was history
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:07am On Apr 20, 2020
zcee:
They will be blaming it Hunger as if dey don't have savings at all they will use and cater for themselves for a month...

When this virus sh#t start becoming serious now they will the shift the blame to the govt..

Simple instruction stay at home...

Savings??! Speak for yourself sir... Most Nigerians live from hand to mouth.

You guys don't yet understand the level of poverty in this country... Maybe you just like living in denial and pretence!!!

Savings for a Month!!! What a joke!!! grin
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Franking: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2020
No lockdown in Lagos? Well, mourners at Kyari's burial have taught us not to obey na.

There can't be two different laws for the north and the south. Make the corona virus kee all us na.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Evablizin(f): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Hunger kills faster in Nigeria... But of course, that's not the worry of the few well to do and comfortable people.

Las las, every one will have to pick his own risk, and pursue what benefits him.
You're right.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by pfadom: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2020
See edulated/schooled illiterates.

The confirmed cases keep increasing in Lagos, yet they rush to get a space at the Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2020
Guestuser:

You see People driving SUVs . and you're still screaming hunger in the land?
are you intentionally stupid? or it's a mistake.
Any stupid asshole that quotes me to type bullcrap will be ignored.

Do you know how many hungry, broke and poor people drive better cars in America and Europe??!... Why would you use cars as a measure of affluence??! That's just myopic reasoning.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2020
It's not just Lagos people but Nigerians in general. Very stubborn set of human beings. I have never seen such an unruly bunch of people in my life. It's crazy angry
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Investnow2017: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2020
NanaF:
This is very misleading. The gridlock is caused by the roadblock created by officers so they can stop each car and ask questions.

Your reply to me is a case of someone being accused of embezzling N10m and he screams "it is a blantant lie you are telling. It is not N10m, it is N8m"

I think the issue here is 'why are all of them out this morning'. Not whether the traffic is caused by police roadblock.

That said, as for me I am not against anyone with a genuine reason going out to get something for the family. If lockdown was successful in the US, it does not automatically mean it will be successful here. Our context is quite different. Let us be realistic. There have been reports of those charged with manning the roadblocks compromising. Can this be true in New York?

With such a moral hiatus, lockdown will remain porous here and therefore somewhat ineffective. There are reports of some who have successfully moved from State to state even with the so-called interstate lockdown. You wonder how they did it with all the myriads of roadblocks dotting the roads.

The point, in my opinion, has been missed already. Early on in this pandemic, instead of passively asking those returnees to go home and self isolate, they ought to have been quarantined compulsorily at their arrival point at the airport. This virus did not originate here in Nigeria, it is an imported disease. How long can Nigeria's fragile economy afford to lockdown? THIS IS THE BIG QUESTION THAT DISTURBS ME, and indeed every right thinking breadwinner.

Now that there is evidently a community spread a lockdown can only do so much. WE URGENTLY NEED TO ACCELERATE OUR TESTING, BECAUSE WE HAVE ASSUMED A LEVEL WHERE WE CANNOT AFFORD TO BE NON-CHALLANT.

We will overcome, but there has to be a collective effort: "it is said that whoever throws stones into the market, the chances are they might hit his own mother".

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by lmm4real: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2020
BraveDeltan:

How many digits is it already? angry

Two digit sir.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by ugbarreta(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2020
willieguy:
Serious hunger is in the land and if the govt doesn't care individuals will have to fend for themselves...survival is a full time job
Survive today & die tomorrow is not survival.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by miky(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2020
Nigeria already has easily over 5000 infected already

We can't tell yet because testing is still at less than 10%

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by livelovelaugh: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2020
I totally agree. Many have to work daily otherwise hunger and suffering will be their new friend. But all these plenty people on the road doesn’t look like they are observing the social distancing at all. Africans are stubborn. Even here in the US, where we are observing the social distancing, cases still increasing daily. I’m worried for Nigeria honestly.

willieguy:
Serious hunger is in the land and if the govt doesn't care individuals will have to fend for themselves...survival is a full time job
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by livelovelaugh: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2020
Your life is worth more. Stay safe please. It is only when you’re alive that you can think of survival.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2020
massingale:
Something caused gridlock bro... The question is not abt the traffic but the number of cars on the bridge... We all shd stay at home !!

We all can't stay at home!!! Even if the cases and deaths increase by twice the current number!!!

This is not insensitivity, this is REALITY!!!

If you wake up one day and there's not a grain of food at home or a dime in your wallet/account, then will you understand!

Ever heard of risk-benefit ratio or assessment??! Those people have done theirs, and have to face the reality that hunger/starvation is a bigger present concern than a bloody virus, however dangerous or contagious.

Don't judge people harshly!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2020
LegacyB:
I agree with your argument but it’s better not to make it corrosive such that lessons can be taken from it.

Please, he has no argument... He isn't even making a proper case. Don't flatter him!!!
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2020
iwaeda:
Covid19 FG Lockdown; See 3rd Mainland Bridge Today!

Traffic on 3rd mainland bridge this morning as sent in by our Correspondent � please where are these people going even after cases in Lagos rose to 70 just last night. What is the colour of our problem? Cc @trafficbutter

VIA @Hasshabie

https://twitter.com/trafficbutter/status/1252149673869090816?s=19

Lagos people are I dont understand. In the evening, 100 new cases

Did you make provision for their survival and that of their children? Remember, Lagos is practically entering her sixth week of inactivity. Computer Village, Alaba International, Arena market and others have been on lockdown by LASG before Buhari announcement was made.

Some organizations are also on essential duties.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by livelovelaugh: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2020
Very possible.

miky:
Nigeria already has easily over 5000 infected already

We can't tell yet because testing is still at less than 10%
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by livelovelaugh: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2020
But really you want people to stay at home, no stable electricity, no water, no basic amenities in place, no sending of relief packages...hmmm...the masses are suffering! This government needs to be more sensitive.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2020
Obynopositive:
You way de snap, what are you doing out side, stay at home... grin

I am sure you don't know Lagos. I am sure you don't know that Ebute Meta and Oworonsoki ends of the bridge are resdential areas.

If you know you wouldn't have asked that.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

We all can't stay at home!!! Even if the cases and deaths increase by twice the current number!!!

This is not insensitivity, this is REALITY!!!

If you wake up one day and there's not a grain of food at home or a dime in your wallet/account, then will you understand!

Ever heard of risk-benefit ratio or assessment??! Those people have done theirs, and have to face the reality that hunger/starvation is a bigger present concern than a bloody virus, however dangerous or contagious.

Don't judge people harshly!!!

You are very correct sir.
Lagos is practically entering her sixth week of inactivity. Computer Village, Alaba International, Arena market and others have been on lockdown by LASG before Buhari announcement was made.

Some organizations are also on essential duties.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2020
shaklisco:
that is a big lie,i have a car and about to go hungry.

kokaneprodigy:
if u own a car it automatically means you’ve stored money somewhere. Typical Naija mentality.

Nonstoprain:
my brother forget that one, this is Lagos, not everyone that drive car has money

A hungry car owner cannot afford to fuel his car.
If he can, then he is not hungry.

Everyone who drives a car has money to prevent hunger.
A car that can move is worth at least 100K.

That could feed the allegedly hungry person.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by lokho(m): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2020
The person who took the photographs, where was he or she going to?
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Akolawole(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2020
willieguy:

Really?

To have life or to eat?
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2020
frozen70:

Says who ❓

Every one is hungry, if you have enough and your brothers or neighbours are not having at all

Won't you be affected, then you start getting food to them

The bold is a lie.

You have no idea what hunger means. I hope it remains that way.
It isn't the BS theory you stated above where you can even give to your neighbors.

If your neighbors are truly hungry, you will be avoiding them like plague for your own safety.
You will even hide your car to avoid being marked.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2020
willieguy:

When it get to that point one third of the population is infected will hunger stil be an excusable excuse.
The only reason people are formin sturborn and chantin food b4 anything is because ... majority are yet to see victims drop dead around there environment. imagine one or two people dropping dead @ sone market ... how many traders chantin food 1st we open shop d nex day.

I just keep hoping & praying we never get to that level US & UK now find themselves ... cos @ the point of death no one wil remember food.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by princemillla(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2020
gudnex22:
Bro abeg send me just 1k make chop I no wan comot I d hungry

Where r u? If u r close Kool. I don't transfer
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by pacco6ixty9(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2020
Omo Skunk don finish for area. Make we quickly arrange Arizona. before Baboo go sale Pawpaw leave give us.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by SocialJustice: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2020
NanaF:

They could be. Some bankers are working because some support work just can’t be done from home, some oil and gas workers have to be at work because you will buy fuel and tankers have to be loaded, hospital staff, food delivery vans etc. They obviously seem so many because the cars are being stopped one by one.
Then the police should decongest that road as soon as possible.
Re: Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Enough is enough says Ukpabi Asika : enough of these continued lock outs many people are dying of hunger and not corona virus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

North Cyprus: Part 2 / Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat / Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.