Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (85761 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Despite being provided with different kind of palliatives,americans still have the audacity to protest...how much could be said of us(nigerians)...we no get time even at this time of agony and adversity..we still dey lead our lives dey go with the one-cup of rice wey our govt give us without complains..our leaders should be glad for being blessed with the most pacified citizenry on earth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Aflix:
The freedom given to these people all in the name of human rights is just too much haba, I mean they were asked to stay home for their own good, to believe that they were even paid 1200 dollars

Lol Africans!!!!
U either have freedom or you don't

7 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by daniel5711: 6:17am On Apr 21, 2020
Nigerians should be ready for recession. The lockdown is getting out of hand due to covid-19. In the local govt. I recide in kaduna state, we are not obeying the lockdown, cos there are no security to impose the law.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Aliyullahi(m): 6:18am On Apr 21, 2020
This one is serious ooo
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by eki2000(m): 6:20am On Apr 21, 2020
Nigerian government knows that continuos lockdown will lead the country into serious recession. It will not pass next month for all lock downs.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Susu888(m): 6:20am On Apr 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

You really think you've made sense with this post.

You call Americans dumb for standing up for their constitutional rights? Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, being that oppression is all you've known all your life lipsrsealed

While regressive thinkers like you call them 'dumb', they enjoy a civilised and developed country because the people are not afraid to question their leaders and demand answers!

How is lockdown trampling their constitutional rights??
If they don't stay in lockdown they won't even be alive to enjoy the rights!!

Its a matter of priorities... to stay alive.
Logically speaking when it comes to survival of human lives rights take a back seat. This is not the time for them to be tlking about rights! Nd wht is the relation btwn what i posted and them(Americans)holding their leaders accountable? I am tlking about staying alive nd ur tlking about freedom of movement nd accountability

Pls don't quote me again. I dislike people with comprehension problems.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Austin234(m): 6:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Did you observe that there was social distance among the protesters?

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by EdiskyHarry: 6:22am On Apr 21, 2020
After they will come and blame china.

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by idonhammer: 6:23am On Apr 21, 2020
So you want to compare USA with your confused kwantri? Ok, continue.

Susu888:
Who would've thought that the U.S.A had dumb people as well but

apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by makewetalk2: 6:23am On Apr 21, 2020
You are the dumb one, sir
Those people have bills to pay.
They need to get back to work with plans. That is what they re saying.
People stayed home in Italy but the figures kept rising.
You will see how dumb you are by next month. Not everyone is as dumb as Nigeria. Work with good plans. People in the oil sector in Nigeria are still working. Workers in Aso rock are still on duty. why can't you work using the same safety method?
Even at the height of the Wuhan virus, people worked on hospitals, delivery people kept on working, food shop owners kept on working, cleanings kept on working, the security personnel kept on working. So, why can't you work with safe distancing as well?
For almost 3 weeks your country has shut down but look at the figures. Still rising. So, what is better for you? is it better to die of hunger and coronavirus at the same time?
In Nigeria people have bills and they have no connection to Aso rock money bags. They have to work.
I think the only issue is that you are in your momma's house eating free food and calling uncles for recharge cards that is why you sound this dumb.
Are you wiser than all those men there? Are you older than them for you to call them dumb? That is why I call you dumb

Susu888:
Who would've thought that the U.S.A had dumb people as well but
apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by SuyaEater(m): 6:24am On Apr 21, 2020
God bless America my home sweet home.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by iswallker(m): 6:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Thelucifer666:
Americans are only smart in their movies.
A first world country with third world citizens.

Where are you smart - nkt in the movies, nkt in real life.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by nextstep(m): 6:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

A leader needs to be proactive and have open ears to experts. He is not a man of all trade. That's the failures of Trump.
He downplayed, underated and still boasted about preparedness. At first hit, America caved in.
This same America warned Israel in November about this pandemic and ignored the reports for economic gains.
And price all Americans have to pay.

That's the hard part... half the population would have been unhappy either way. People are protesting now in spite of the strong medical evidence for lockdown. They certainly would have howled louder if the lockdown was imposed earlier.

Based on information available in February, there was general consensus by America's health professionals that it would not get so bad, and could be contained. Partly because the numbers from Wuhan did not turn out so bad (which we're now realizing was... not the whole truth, to be nice about it). The business community insisted on running, people insisted on traveling, and economists warned that shutting down things prematurely might be worse for the country... if he ran counter to that, the American public would have had his head.

OK, so it happened and the bottom fell out: in response, unprecedented support to individuals, businesses, economic sectors. They tried.

Not a fan of Trump, but honestly, no leader can navigate this issue unscathed. He isn't helping matters by aggravating anybody and everyone who does not kowtow to him, but man... it's just tough.

7 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by wisdomiskey(m): 6:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:

How is lockdown trampling their constitutional rights??
If they don't stay in lockdown they won't even be alive to enjoy the rights!!

Its a matter of priorities... to stay alive.
Logically speaking when it comes to survival of human lives rights take a back seat. This is not the time for them to be tlking about rights! Nd wht is the relation btwn what i posted and them(Americans)holding their leaders accountable? I am tlking about staying alive nd ur tlking about freedom of movement nd accountability

Pls don't quote me again. I dislike people with comprehension problems.

I will quote you again and you will do nothing!

Slavery is clearly engrained in your rotten brain.

Whilst you continue to suffer lack and hardship in your shithole of a country, these lot will continue to live in a comfortable, progressive state.

Stay there and be calling them dumb whilst you remain on lockdown in your decrepit house with no electricity, sweating profusely from heat and walking around with cutlass at night to protect yourself from '1million boys'

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Fheelzz(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Well there are fools in America as well

contact for ur graphic design logo fliers card etc

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by afeejas(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Huuuuuu
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by wisdomiskey(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
You are the dumb on, sir
You will see how dumb you are by next month. Not everyone is as dumb as Nigeria. Work with good plans. People in the oil sector in Nigeria are still working. Workers in Aso rock are still on duty. why can't you work using the same safety method?
Even at the height of the Wuhan virus, people worked on hospitals, delivery people kept on working, food shop owners kept on working, cleanings kept on working, the security personnel kept on working. So, why can't you work with safe distancing as well?
For almost 3 weeks your country has shut down but look at the figures. Still rising. So, what is better for you? is it better to die of hunger and coronavirus at the same time?
In Nigeria people have bills and they have no connection to Aso rock money bags. They have to work.
I think the only issue is that you are in your momma's house eating free food and calling uncles for recharge cards that is why you sound this dumb.
Are you wiser than all those men there? Are you older than them for you to call them dumb? That is why I call you dumb

Lmao! Tell him o

8 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by onelovenigeria(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Greatken007:
Staying at home is the best approach to curb this pandemic but i think theirs has been over stretched. May God heal the universe.
It a good was to curb it but there should be better way ....like social distancing and using mask and gloves by everyone and open the country partly ....let people have choice ...no one want to die either ....

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Usorohtheman(m): 6:28am On Apr 21, 2020
America - A country that is not religious, even though most of them still serve God.

They know that God has given them all that they need to survive and they are not scared of risking their lives for freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Susu888(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
You are the dumb on, sir

Can't argue with you.. pls

5 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by onelovenigeria(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2020
Fheelzz:
Well there are fools in America as well

contact for ur graphic design logo fliers card etc
You don't call people fool because....you are been fed at home ....life have to go on and vaccine gonna take time... do you expect people to remain this way till vaccine come ...

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Ihatefeminist: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbYHJcMbz8
kolafolabi:
Lockdown is for our own good. We should all abide by it. This is just temporary

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by johnmattew: 6:32am On Apr 21, 2020
awhybliss:
See how protest mature!!!
USA is everybody boss.. argue with yourself
u sound like a Dumbo with inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 6:33am On Apr 21, 2020
nextstep:

That's the hard part... half the population would have been unhappy either way. People are protesting now in spite of the strong medical evidence for lockdown. They certainly would have howled louder if the lockdown was imposed earlier.

Based on information available in February, there was general consensus by America's health professionals that it would not get so bad. The business community insisted on running, people insisted on traveling, and economists insisted that shutting down things prematurely might be worse for the country... if he ran counter to that, the American public would have had his head.

Not a fan of Trump, but honestly, no leader can navigate this issue unscathed. He isn't helping matters by aggravating anybody and everyone who does not kowtow to him, but man... it's just tough.

Trump was given a detailed intelligence report with recommendation to shut down boarders. The economic impact was gruesome and why he neglected it.

When in read on Israeli times that USA gave them Intel in November last year, I was weak. This was a well planned out if ignorance.

If he had done earlier, The economy would be opened by now and the count can never be close to what's on ground now. Same economy you trying to protect has been grounded. So whats the gain of the delay. Now you have a crashed economy and high death and infected toll.

Let this pandemic pass over, I believe alot of revelations still in stock. America got Intel about this pandemic early enough. It was downplayed.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Rexymania(m): 6:34am On Apr 21, 2020
IamPlato:
Please Pray For Europe And America, if They Get Better I Am Satisfied.

Nigerian Government Can Continue Twistin Things (one Day We Shall Separate The Fools from The Wise)

If Your Lockdown Is Called Off And They Are Still On Lockdown your Country Is Doomed, because Your Country Literally Imports Every Thing.

But Dont Worry, just Pray For America and Once They Get Better Nigeria Will Suddenly Get Better too, just Watch.

You are talking sense my brother

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 21, 2020
Una dey house dey get free palliative yet una no happy, it's for your own good pending the vaccine
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by onelovenigeria(m): 6:37am On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
You are the dumb on, sir

Thanks....
Most people's on this forum might be kids or adults that are still spoon fed by parent ....no need wasting your energy to explain to them......if the same social distancing can be apply and use of mask and gloves ...let people return to work ....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by BennyDon: 6:37am On Apr 21, 2020
These guys ain't different from us Nigerians in their reasoning. The fact that Trump said lockdown is over doesn't impede state govts who feel there are still new cases in their domains from observing the stay at home practice.

Meseems only the living earns wages. Why the so much brouhaha and ado when their governors are doing that for their people's welfare?

Covid-19, your time is up.

Pens up!!!

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by jeebz: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Trump was given a detailed intelligence report with recommendation to shut down boarders. The economic impact was gruesome and why he neglected it.

When in read on Israeli times that USA gave them Intel in November last year, I was weak. This was a well planned out if ignorance.

If he had done earlier, The economy would be opened by now and the count can never be close to what's on ground now. Same economy you trying to protect has been grounded. So whats the gain of the delay. Now you have a crashed economy and high death and infected toll.

Let this pandemic pass over, I believe alot of revelations still in stock. America got Intel about this pandemic early enough. It was downplayed.

When he restricted flights from China, he was called Xenophobic. Even the media downplayed it, WHO said there is no person to person transmission. I tell you, handling a pandemic in a. Country like the USA is no mean feat, given the nature of the country and the fact that you don't want to come across as authoritarian.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Susu888(m): 6:40am On Apr 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

You can't argue with him because you clearly have nothing reasonable to say. Air head!

You obviously haven't been updated that masks nd gloves are almost useless so what you nd the idiots protesting are suggesting is not the way to go, lockdown is the only way to stop the infection from spreading.

Do you think china never tried the mask nd gloves sh*t all in the bid not to make it obvious to the world that it was loosing its grip on the situation? Guess wht finally happened?? Lockdown! Because it can't be stopped by masks ,gloves nd distancing.

And lets say they manage to make it work in the U.S.A how in the world can you make naija people where mask and gloves?? Nd in cities as crowded as lagos nd kano.

I thought you were only dumb but it turns out you're also pure stupidity....You lack a functioning brain.

Bleep off my mentions i dislike stupid folks that argue blindly.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Older Woman Who Took Prince Harry’s Virginity Says He Lasted Five Minutes (pics / New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.