Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (928087 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please, i want to know if am to submit my filled DS 160 form before I will be able to book an appointment for Interview Waiver?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thamesbridge: 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
I paid visa fee this morning and got appointment just now. The appointment is feb 2023. My challenge is that my passport will expire in January 2023. Please gurus advise me on what to do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes, of course. You will have to quote your system-generated DS160 number/code on the interview application portal...

fekeoshomoshi:
Please, i want to know if am to submit my filled DS 160 form before I will be able to book an appointment for Interview Waiver?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Few months to passport expiry, you can initiate plans for another one. You will then take the two passports along for your interview

Thamesbridge:
I paid visa fee this morning and got appointment just now. The appointment is feb 2023. My challenge is that my passport will expire in January 2023. Please gurus advise me on what to do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Each person applying for a visa has to pay his/her visa fee and complete the DS160 form...

The procedure is to pay your visa fee and fill the DS160 form. Afterwards, you try to book an interview on the website (www.ustraveldocs.com/ng)

These should help...

barryken:
Please I need help on how to get about this
My mum want to visit my brother in the US and he want me to travel with her because she can't speak English
My question is
Do we both need to fill the da 160?
Do we both need to pay the visa fee?
What are the procedures?
How do I go about the whole thing?
Your answer would be highly appreciated
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thamesbridge: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Dampops:
Few months to passport expiry, you can initiate plans for another one. You will then take the two passports along for your interview

I still need to fill out another DS 160 and visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Now i'm wondering if adding dependant has something to do with the difficulty. So the system probably sees you as requiring two or more slots (depending on the number of dependents you added). So if it doesnt have the number of slots you need at thesame time then maybe thats why you dont see anything.
In my case, its also a combined application for parents and i also didnt see any appointment while others (who likely have single applicants) were able to see appointment slots.
Just wondering

mrsnoname:

I did log out completely, and I’m using my laptop. I’m using google. What else am I doing wrong. Or is it because I added dependent?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
[quote author=Dampops post=110117884]Yes, of course. You will have to quote your system-generated DS160 number/code on the interview application portal...

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I have generate a DS 160 code but yet to complete the filling of the form. Also, have update my profile with the generated code and click on the schedule an appointment but I keep getting no appointment available, hence the thought - could it be that am getting that no appointment available because I haven't submit my DS 160 form?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please what time precisely did you get your appointment? Is it for IW or regular appointment?

Thamesbridge:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kween2014: 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hi @oab1, that might actually be it as well. My colleague has also been on it for himself and his wife (joint application) and he never sees a date too even when i did. He also raised it earlier... so just maybe.

oab1:
Now i'm wondering if adding dependant has something to do with the difficulty. So the system probably sees you as requiring two or more slots (depending on the number of dependents you added). So if it doesnt have the number of slots you need at thesame time then maybe thats why you dont see anything.
In my case, its also a combined application for parents and i also didnt see any appointment while others (who likely have single applicants) were able to see appointment slots.
Just wondering

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
oab1:
Just wondering

It could be, cause I’m also applying for my parents. My dad is principal applicant while my mum is dependent. I tired, don’t know what to do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thamesbridge: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
It is for regular, i booked around 3pm today

oab1:
Please what time precisely did you get your appointment? Is it for IW or regular appointment?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikanne: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
mrsnoname:

It could be, cause I’m also applying for my parents. My dad is principal applicant while my mum is dependent. I tired, don’t know what to do

Well mine is a single applicant and I was unable to book an appointment too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
Just got off the phone with the embassy. The embassy explains there are different slots for individual applicants and for joint applicants. So if its only an individual applicant slot thats available, a joint applicant will not see it and vice versa

Kween2014:
Hi @oab1, that might actually be it as well. My colleague has also been on it for himself and his wife (joint application) and he never sees a date too even when i did. He also raised it earlier... so just maybe.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Baba19: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
You see? I talk am just a few hours ago when someone whose visa expired in 2019 still dey ask boya he qualifies. SMH!! I tire for Nigerians. We are more corrupt than the leaders we insult! Rubbish!!! Anyone who does that, should be stopped from applying for the next year. Since we feel we are so smart!!

ChrisRocks:
Once again the US Mission has put out a tweet telling Nigerians to stop booking interview waiver appointments when their visas expired more than 24 months ago, our people are the problem. They said, "A significant number of people have booked appointments each day even though their visas expired more than 24 months ago." This is the second time they have tweeted about this.

It wouldn't be so difficult if people just followed instructions.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by niran09: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
Thamesbridge:
It is for regular, i booked around 3pm today

you mean to say recent appointment dates are opening up for regular? i thought we only had dates in 2023 2024
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Astof(f): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
hello. thanks alot for the update...please what do you suggest we do now, I am also applying for joint applicants (my parents) too and I have been unable to get IW appointment date for them.

oab1:
Just got off the phone with the embassy. The embassy explains there are different slots for individual applicants and for joint applicants. So if its only an individual applicant slot thats available, a joint applicant will not see it and vice versa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by landuseact: 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
nwauwa:
Dates are open now for IW.

My parents submitted their IW yesterday, no questions or interview. Appointment was for 7:45am, my dad was on the queue by 7:15am and he was out by 7:30am. On Tuesday night, we received eved an email that we should fill a new DS-160 forms if the one we submitted was older than 6 months ago. I quickly filled a new one for my mum(hers was filled June last year, my dad, this Jan) . I tried to update her DS-160 but I could not so I simply printed the new confirmation and attached it to the old one.

Putting it out for anyone that might be in same shoes

Hi, my parents got the same email. Please quick question, were you attempting to add the new ds-160 confirmation on the interview application page? Did they encounter any issues with just printing the new confirmation and taking it along with the previous one?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Just to keep trying really...attempts well spaced out (they recommend 3ce daily - morning afternoon night) so that you dont get frozen out or have your account suspended for 72 hours (has happened to me previously)

Astof:
hello. thanks alot for the update...please what do you suggest we do now, I am also applying for joint applicants (my parents) too and I have been unable to get IW appointment date for them.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stella91: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please how many times can one reschedule?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
mrsnoname:

I did log out completely, and I’m using my laptop. I’m using google. What else am I doing wrong. Or is it because I added dependent?
I don’t know what else to suggest to you and others in same shoes. I have shared what worked for me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by djavu82(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please help.

I tried scheduling a US visa appointment and got this error message while trying to add my daughter.

Operation with inactive user.

Please what's the issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyaboys: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisRocks:
I think what also makes it tight is that the US consulate is doing the collection. Remember before now, dropbox (both collection and pickup process was handled by DHL, and they could handle a big amount of people daily at their branches. Maybe when this pilot is over they will get DHL to handle it.

Please help she'd light on this...at the point of choosing location to drop off document for IW, I didn't see US Consulate, is it the DHL office in VI will I choose? I have been checking for the past one week with no luck. Thanks for a prompt response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ChrisRocks: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
Iyaboys:

Please help she'd light on this...at the point of choosing location to drop off document for IW, I didn't see US Consulate, is it the DHL office in VI will I choose? I have been checking for the past one week with no luck. Thanks for a prompt response

The DHL office you select is for pickup, not dropoff. For IW you will drop off at the Consulate, pick up your passports from your selected DHL location. Hope that clarifies
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyaboys: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisRocks:

The DHL office you select is for pickup, not dropoff. For IW you will drop off at the Consulate, pick up your passports from your selected DHL location. Hope that clarifies

Yes it does....Thank you so much, I do appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HRprof: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
niran09:
you mean to say recent appointment dates are opening up for regular? i thought we only had dates in 2023 2024
Yes is opening up as some people have canceled their appointment to apply for IW , interview date open up you can even get next month but not stable

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vivysparkles(f): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hi,

My mom paid visa fee last week and just filled the DS-160, but the system is not letting her create an account for interview scheduling? Anyone have this issue and how do we fix it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Durchess(f): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
Durchess:
Hi Everyone,
Please I need your advice.
I am about to fill out my ds 160 form and I read on the website that;  your passport or travel document must be valid for at least six months after your arrival in the United states.

My passport will expire on November 8th 2022 & I plan to have my interview in March.
So I plan to Renew it between interview and travelling since it is still valid for about 9 months from now

The question is, should I go ahead and start my application or hold on and apply for a new passport?

Thanks in advance!!!

Someone please respond to this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
Thamesbridge:

It doesn't matter. Before your interview you get a new passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
Durchess:
Hi Everyone,
Please I need your advice.
I am about to fill out my ds 160 form and I read on the website that;  your passport or travel document must be valid for at least six months after your arrival in the United states.

My passport will expire on November 8th 2022 & I plan to have my interview in March.
So I plan to Renew it between interview and travelling since it is still valid for about 9 months from now

The question is, should I go ahead and start my application or hold on and apply for a new passport?

Thanks in advance!!!

Nigerians have 6 months window after passport expiration. This is on their website
Go ahead and apply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Theosodom2ky: 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please can anyone confirm if their visa fee receipt is stamped or not
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
If you pay online and print, it can't be stamped, surely

Theosodom2ky:
Please can anyone confirm if their visa fee receipt is stamped or not

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.