Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927491 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 12:27am On Apr 21, 2022
Of course u can. U will also be submitting the former passport where the former visas were issued and the new passport will reference the old passport so that way they know ur one and the same person

Goodluck

ShallyK:
Please can I apply for drop box with a renewed passport in my husband's name?
My two previous visas were in my maiden name.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uwosom: 3:23am On Apr 21, 2022
Please how many times can one reschedule IW appointment?

Also is it possible to drop off in Abuja and pickup in Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 6:40am On Apr 21, 2022
Uwosom:
Please how many times can one reschedule IW appointment?

Also is it possible to drop off in Abuja and pickup in Lagos?

Yes you can, I dropped off in Lagos and choose the option to pick in Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2022
ShallyK:
Please can I apply for drop box with a renewed passport in my husband's name?
My two previous visas were in my maiden name.

You can but I think you will need to fill another DS 160 form so that the space that has all your names, given names and other names you are known as will be indicated

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tytmed: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2022
Hello House, just a quick update I went to submit today for the iw it was a long line but was able to submit and was given a letter to pick up at DHL when it is ready..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Peterwealth4(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Good day guys; I want to ask some question concerning getting a visit visa to USA.

1. What is the latest amount for a visitors visa.
2. What are the main questions that are asked by the interviewers plus the specific once too.
3. What is the chance of getting a visitors visa.
4. What is the minimum and maximum amount of days to visit USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Abuja or Lagos please?
tytmed:
Hello House, just a quick update I went to submit today for the iw it was a long line but was able to submit and was given a letter to pick up at DHL when it is ready..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good afternoon folks…
Just heard from someone that went for her interview today. She had sought my opinion on likely reasons for her initial refusal and how to prepare for the follow up interview. I’m sure she’ll share her transcript here at a later date…but I’ll give a summary now…
Long story short…her visa was issued after the interview this morning.

She had a child in the US during her last trip (in 2021) which coincidentally was her first use of the 2019 visa. She also stayed for over 4 months due to delay in getting travel documents for her new baby. We were thinking of likely refusal reasons: could it be her 4 month stay? Her child birth? Not using the visa on time and for vacation purposes as stated in her DS160 in 2019?….I advised her to prepare responses for all these scenarios and we did simulation on two occasions…

During the interview today, the VO asked questions around why she didn’t travel earlier after getting the visa, why did she go and give birth in the US (Nigeria or elsewhere were options), whether she notified the embassy before traveling for child birth etc…she was able to provide convincing responses. Thank God for her testimony.
Take home for me is to prepare well and display honesty…favour is also a factor.

On another note, she shared some interviews that happened whilst she was waiting…
A couple was put on administrative processing. Wife has no issues but husband had two criminal cases in the US (he served time in prison for stealing, and had a failed drug test at another time)…an elderly woman had stayed for about a year in the US but had a successful interview (she explained that her daughter gave birth 5 months into her stay and few months later, there was COVID lockdown)…

Have a great day, everyone!!!

P.S: I’m not a visa consultant. I always try to offer advice in my little way…more of SR..

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tytmed: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
ozymes:
Abuja or Lagos please?
Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dampops:
Good afternoon folks…
Just heard from someone that went for her interview today. She had sought my opinion on likely reasons for her initial refusal and how to prepare for the follow up interview. I’m sure she’ll share her transcript here at a later date…but I’ll give a summary now…

She had a child in the US during her last trip (in 2021) which coincidentally was her first use of the 2019 visa. She also stayed for over 4 months due to delay in getting travel documents for her new baby. We were thinking of likely refusal reasons: could it be her 4 month stay? Her child birth? Not using the visa on time and for vacation purposes as stated in her DS160 in 2019?….I advised her to prepare responses for all these scenarios and we did simulation on two occasions…

During the interview today, the VO asked questions around why she didn’t travel earlier after getting the visa, why did she go and give birth in the US (Nigeria or elsewhere were options), whether she notified the embassy before traveling for child birth etc…she was able to provide convincing responses. Thank God for her testimony.
Take home for me is to prepare well and display honesty…favour is also a factor.

On another note, she shared some interviews that happened whilst she was waiting…
A couple was put on administrative processing. Wife has no issues but husband had two criminal cases in the US (he served time in prison for stealing, and had a failed drug test at another time)…an elderly woman had stayed for about a year in the US but had a successful interview (she explained that her daughter gave birth 5 months into her stay and few months later, there was COVID lockdown)…

P.S: I’m not a visa consultant. I always try to offer advice in my little way…more of SR..

Congratulations to her. Good one
The couple though. Oh well! All the best to them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by paramajit: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
paramajit

Some please help me out on this.

:
Hello house,
Please someone help me out.

I’m attending a one day program/show in the USA and the rest days will be for tourist/sight seeing.

Please on the Ds160 form, I filled the hotel address of where I will stay in the U.S but I’m confused on what to fill for the US Contact Information.

Should I also fill the hotel address as the US contact Information or I fill the program organizer address which I will attending but the program is one day program.

Thank you all for your contributions on this forum.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
You can leave it blank….

If you are stating the program on the DS160 as a reason for traveling, then you can state the name of a contact person of its organizers

[quote author=paramajit post=112148550][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by paramajit: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dampops:
You can leave it blank….

If you are stating the program on the DS160 as a reason for traveling, then you can state the name of a contact person of its organizers

Thank you @Dampops
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kameo401: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good day house, I had my follow-up interview for the IW visa renewal today. Below are the transcripts:

VO: Hello �
Me: smiled back faintly (because the woman was mean to few people before me)
VO: After scanning through the passports (me and my daughter), she asked why my wife and my other daughter visa interview was not successful recently.
Me: I briefly explained this based on the transcripts my wife told me (she stayed over three months in her last visit which I don’t considered an offense) then the VO continued with a lot of other personal questions which I answered.
VO: why did you travel in 2018 without your family?
Me: I went for a conference plus it was a very short stay. Next thing…..
VO: Your visa is approved but I’m sorry your daughter does not qualify for the visa for now
Me: this girl has never over stayed and the few times she traveled has always be with me (maximum of three weeks).
VO: Yes I can see that, she can reapply with her mum and her sister the next time.

Note: if you interviewing (non-immigrant) in Lagos anytime soon, please try to avoid the VO in the first counter (a slim white woman like that �).

Please I need advise from the house, this is the second time my wife and the other daughter are been denied (for this long stay reason and her response has always been the same - to take care of our host which was sick then), now they have joined my little daughter. Should I reapply with them all despite that mine is approved or what?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kameo401:
Good day house, I had my follow-up interview for the IW visa renewal today. Below are the transcripts:

VO: After scanning through the passports (me and my daughter), she asked why my wife and my other daughter visa interview was not successful recently.
Me: I briefly explained this based on the transcripts my wife told me (she stayed over three months in her last visit which I don’t considered an offense) then the VO continued with a lot of other personal questions which I answered.
VO: Your visa is approved but I’m sorry your daughter does not qualify for the visa for now
Me: this girl has never over stayed and the few times she traveled has always be with me (maximum of three weeks).
VO: Yes I can see that, she can reapply with her mum and her sister the next time.

Note: if you interviewing (non-immigrant) in Lagos anytime soon, please try to avoid the VO in the first counter (a slim white woman like that �).

Please I need advise from the house, this is the second time my wife and the other daughter are been denied (for this long stay reason and her response has always been the same - to take care of our host which was sick then), now they have joined my little daughter. Should I reapply with them all despite that mine is approved or what?

Okay just for clarification, did you verbally said, "which I didn't considered as an offense" or you were just thinking in your mind?
Again, why is your daughter traveling with you now and not applied with the rest? (First daughter and wife)

So as I'm thinking now, the VO will probably be thinking you splitted the interview into 2. Like, you go with one child while I go with the other. Nevertheless, you can't apply with them again because you have your visa already so let them all apply together.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BizErikah: 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Please guys what number do you call when your visa has been issued but dhl has not updated for 3 working days now??

I was refused n asked to come in for fingerprints, which I did and status changed to issued but my dashboard has not been updated, it still shows
Passport picked up.

I went to dhl abuja n they said the passport is picked up

Please what number do I call..
I have an emergency to travel next week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
Congrats to her and u Dampops.

It's favour and articulation at work.

Had a friend that was in a same kinda boat but we're ready and armed with answers and God's favour when they want. The only questions asked were (1) how many times have u guys travelled (2) state the hospital, city and years u gave birth (3) what purpose are u travelling for this time

Didn't ask for zero balance statements or nada.

White slip and an advice not to give birth on B1B2 visa again that's it not allowed henceforth.

Congrats once again

Dampops:
Good afternoon folks…

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daysoffavor: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hello House,
Went for the IW passport dropoff on the 29th of march 2022 in Lagos, been tracking the progress of the application and its been on "application received" for a very long time. However on the 16th of April status changed to "Issued"...but till this day 21th of April no email to come and pick up from DHL...Anyone else experiencing this ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kameo401: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nah…..I was just thinking that in my mind.

She’s always been traveling with me from the very first time and I also explained this to the VO. We all applied for a Dropbox renewal sometime in 2018, mine and her own were approved while others were denied. Meaning we have same expiry period which is different from others. Since both of us qualified for IW and others didn’t, hence the reason for the split.

Thanks for the advice.

UmmZayd:

Okay just for clarification, did you verbally said, "which I didn't considered as an offense" or you were just thinking in your mind?
Again, why is your daughter traveling with you now and not applied with the rest? (First daughter and wife)

So as I'm thinking now, the VO will probably be thinking you splitted the interview into 2. Like, you go with one child while I go with the other. Nevertheless, you can't apply with them again because you have your visa already so let them all apply together.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Faloh: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hello all,

I have an issue. The location that was chosen for my dependents (Lagos) on ds160 is different from the location that we want to interview (Abuja). I can change my ds160 on "update profile" with Abuja as interview location, but there is no way to update for dependents. Will this cause an issue during interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EOA1: 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
I submitted the same date with you and had same status sequences.
I just collected mine 6:00pm today from DHL Victoria Island.
You can check with DHL.

daysoffavor:
Hello House,
Went for the IW passport dropoff on the 29th of march 2022 in Lagos, been tracking the progress of the application and its been on "application received" for a very long time. However on the 16th of April status changed to "Issued"...but till this day 21th of April no email to come and pick up from DHL...Anyone else experiencing this ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neps17: 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good evening..I am pretty new on this forum..Please can anyone help with details about the U.S visiting visa Interview waiver or drop box at the Lagos Embassy..Is it still ongoing? I would like to put in for my mum.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daysoffavor: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
EOA1:
You can check with DHL.

Hello, Thanks for the response, did you get the email for collection or you just went free style ? Kindly let me know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daysoffavor: 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
EOA1:
You can check with DHL.

Please do let me know if you got an email for pick up or you just decided to check with DHL? And if yes, please do let me know how you picked it up without an email from DHL if possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EOA1: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
I did not receive any email.
I checked my appointment portal and saw that my passport is ready for collection notice. I went to DHL and was able to collect it.

daysoffavor:

Please do let me know if you got an email for pick up or you just decided to check with DHL? And if yes, please do let me know how you picked it up without an email from DHL if possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
First off, your wife and the accompanying daughter are been penalized for the long stay of 3 months. Now am not sure if this is a 2yr or 5yr penalty though I think it's the former. That's why she's been refused over and over again.

Your other daughter that attended with u is just collateral damage. Pls check the length of time from 1st refusal and now. If it's over 2 years, then u can try to reapply with urself and the whole family.

Meanwhile, ur wife and daughters should try to visit other places. Applying a third time in the immediate future to the US will show desperation.

Goodluck

Kameo401:

Me: I briefly explained this based on the transcripts [b]my wife told me (she stayed over three months in her last visit which I don’t considered an offense then the VO continued with a lot of other personal questions which I answered.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daysoffavor: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
EOA1:
I did not receive any email.
I checked my appointment portal and saw that my passport is ready for collection notice. I went to DHL and was able to collect it.

Thank you so much ...Just got SMS saying all the passports are ready for pick up...Would go pick them in the morning ..Thanks alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ShallyK: 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Thank you so much.
DrStrangelove:
Of course u can. U will also be submitting the former passport where the former visas were issued and the new passport will reference the old passport so that way they know ur one and the same person

Goodluck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ShallyK: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
Thank you. I will do that.
puffmama:

You can but I think you will need to fill another DS 160 form so that the space that has all your names, given names and other names you are known as will be indicated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by urchdiya(f): 1:37am On Apr 22, 2022
Please can anyone help me with possible questions VO’s ask aged women coming to the US to assist their kids after childbirth
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kameo401: 5:22am On Apr 22, 2022
Thanks for response and advice.

Even though I feel 3-months isn’t over stay (when compare to the allowed period of 6-months) with more cogent reasons for staying for that period.

They have visited other places UK and Dubai precisely, nevertheless I will check through the date of first refusal and take into consideration the like penalty of 2years or 5years.

But did you say I can reapply with them despite I have a valid visa or wait till that expire then reapply with them.

Many thanks.

DrStrangelove:
First off, your wife and the accompanying daughter are been penalized for the long stay of 3 months. Now am not sure if this is a 2yr or 5yr penalty though I think it's the former. That's why she's been refused over and over again.

Your other daughter that attended with u is just collateral damage. Pls check the length of time from 1st refusal and now. If it's over 2 years, then u can try to reapply with urself and the whole family.

Meanwhile, ur wife and daughters should try to visit other places. Applying a third time in the immediate future to the US will show desperation.

Goodluck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by crusader6(m): 9:04am On Apr 22, 2022
Good morning guys.
Please I want to attend an educational conference in US. What class of Visa should I apply for?
And how will it take for me to get a decision from the embassy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: dubaiboy1, kindmman(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.