Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927478 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
Your aunt is a low risk traveller. Just let know she shouldn't stay that long again as to them it looks like she's patterning her travels.

Only God knows what the VO wrote on her case note for future references.

Congrats

Oggg:
My aunt’s experience.
Approaching age 60.
She used her 1st US visa twice to go visit her daughter based in the US, first one she stayed 5 months and second nearly 6 months. Both times her daughter gave birth and had complications.
After her stays, she returned to Nigeria.
She went for the recently introduced dropbox, of course refused and asked to schedule for interview.
She went to the interview, VO asked her categorically madam you told us you are going for 2 to 3 weeks, you have gone there and stayed 5 to 6 months on each occasion pls what’s going on?
She did sorry face and explained the birthing complications her daughter faced on both ordeals.
It was not her intention to stay long but seeing the health difficulties of mom and new grandchildren she had to stay to offer maternal and emotional support.
VO asked her in vexation mode- both times? she said yes.
Also offered to give the VO the health records, VO declined and issued warning. Do not behave this way again.
Then issued visa smiley
Madam has travelled back again.
I think they are more lenient with older people as they have a lower threshold to stay back to start speaking of asylum or marrying for green cards or looking for work on visit visa and various other shams.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OGFX: 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Please Can anyone help with the telegram group that assist to get earlier date for interview appointment! Thanks
Renewal but not IW. The 2024 available date is too far.
Teminio:
Can anyone please help with the telegram group that assist to get earlier date for interview appointment!
Renewal but not IW. The 2024 available date is too far.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NotsonewMary(f): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
DrStrangelove:
Your aunt is a low risk traveller. Just let know she shouldn't stay that long again as to them it looks like she's patterning her travels.

Only God knows what the VO wrote on her case note for future references.

Congrats

PA to the VO’s cool

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Hi house, I am having my US visa interview in July 2022 for travel in October 2022. I am caught between canceling it and doing Interview Waiver appointment or stick to my booked appointment. I understand getting openings for IW is not easy. Any advise will be welcomed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyawodabaniru: 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
UmmZayd:

Did you update your profile?

No. Should I update it? and how can I update it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Dhammy4real:

Good morning thanks for the reply. They av the medical report from d Nigerian doc, booked appointment at the hospital in the us, good bank statement. That's all they av. What other document will they be needing for the emergency appointment.
Also Someone told them they should attach their ds160 confirmation page, medical report of d child, Visa receipts, to the emergency appointment page. Pls can u help to clarify. Thanks.

If they can commence initial consultation with a doctor in the US hospital, that will increase the credibility factor more. An appointment alone is good. But cover all the bases.
The DS160 et al are required. You won't be able to book any interview appointment without them.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
Iyawodabaniru:

No. Should I update it? and how can I update it?

Yes you should by clicking "update profile"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
ekpotek:
Hi house, I am having my US visa interview in July 2022 for travel in October 2022. I am caught between canceling it and doing Interview Waiver appointment or stick to my booked appointment. I understand getting openings for IW is not easy. Any advise will be welcomed.

Are you eligible for IW? When did your last visa expired?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
puffmama:

Are you eligible for IW? When did your last visa expired?

Yes. My last visa expired in October 2020
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
fkj950ax:

Replying with my church mind.

I am aware your initial post is in the future tense, so I will respond appropriately.

The visit visa allows you to temporarily visit the US for tourist purposes. As a tourist, you aren't expected to work and earn income. Uncle Sam doesn't like anyone that much, that he loses tax.
At your interview, a VO will ask how long you wish to be on holiday doing tourist things. Most people have a 3-4 week break from work or even school, and they use this time to travel. That's why a lot of people say three weeks. You can say one week or two weeks or even four weeks.
The visa is a multiple entry visa allowing you to enter the US multiple times within two years. You can't stay in the US at once for two years or one year.
At a US airport, CBP will stamp your entry into the US, and also give you a date by which you have to have left the US. They push this date 6 months forward, in case something happens and you can't leave as at when you planned to leave. It is usually something serious. It is assumed that 6 months or less is enough to have resolved it. (Motor accident. Legal case. Fell sick big time etc).

If you do get a visa, travel to the US, get stamped for 6 months, and decide to work for one year before leaving the US. The truth is nothing will happen to you THEN ONLY.

It is when you want to travel to the US again on that same visa, with the remaining one-year entry, that CBP will deny you entry at the airport, cancel the visa and deport you. Then the reapply portion below applies too.
If you don't travel again, and the visa expires. By the time you go to the embassy to renew, they will call your attention to the overstay of one year, try to establish you took up a job, and then penalize you by refusing your visa and adding a ban (3 years, 5 years, 10 years) before you can apply again to the US.

There is a rule of don't work with a tourist visa.
There is a rule of don't overstay or go out of status.

Thanks, the question is future tense and I really appreciate.

But another question I want to ask is:

In my purpose of Travel: Business/Personal was written on it. Does it mean am eligible for B1/B2 or only B2(Visitation).

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:53am On Apr 27, 2022
Sheezybobby:

Thanks, the question is future tense and I really appreciate.
But another question I want to ask is:
In my purpose of Travel: Business/Personal was written on it. Does it mean am eligible for B1/B2 or only B2(Visitation).
Thanks

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Check this link.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyawodabaniru: 4:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Thanks. Done that now, but still having the same issue.

UmmZayd:

Yes you should by clicking "update profile"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ocube: 5:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Knowledge they say is power, true. But I will say the right information is key. I have been a silent reader and have gotten quite a load of information from here. My timeline goes thus:
I submitted our recently filled D160 forms ( myself, DW and son) on the 14th March, 2022. I made payment for our visa same day and joined a telegram group in search of IW appointment date ( our last visa expired in July 2020 which was used for child birth as declared then for DW).
Appointment time schedule came up on Tuesday 15th March, 2022 but I wasn’t able to secure a time slot owing to three(3) failed attempt due to either poor/slow network or guess so many people were choosing the same time as I was simultaneously. Learnt my number one lesson (i.e go for the early morning dates if you come in slightly later than when the time slots initially appears).
I was bewildered that appointment slots came up the next day Wednesday 16th March, 2022 in the afternoon as we had the notion that time slots show up majorly midday. I missed this due to engagement at work.
I was flabbergasted, when time slots came up again the next day Thursday 17th March, 2022 and this time I was successful in getting a slot for 29th March, 2022.
Submitted on the appointment day without hassle.
Visa was issued on the 16th April, 2022 to the three of us.
Got our passport pickup email and sms on the 21th April, 2022 by 7:30pm.
I went to Victoria Island for pickup of our passports on the 22nd April, 2022, but couldn’t. I was told that I came late( time was some minutes to four O clock) and the crowd was quite alarming. Learnt they were treating list 16 out of 25 (there are 25 names on a list) as at that time.
I went back on Monday 25th April, 2022 and spent about 8hrs (got there around 1000am and left around 0600pm) before being able to pickup for only myself and son as DW passport could not be found after several search attempts. The lady that attended to me pleaded with me to go as it was not easy searching for it at that time, she gave me her mobile number and promised to look for it. She called me later by 9:05pm same day to inform me that she has found it.
I went there the next day to pick it up.
All glory to God, a big thank you to this house and a big thumps up to the telegram group. God bless you all.

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2022
Just for our information

By the way, Kathryn Berck is a retired US consular officer…She responds to questions around all types of US visa on another platform…

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 9:14am On Apr 27, 2022
ekpotek:

Yes. My last visa expired in October 2020

Then join the Telegram group for IW, you have to play your part oh as it involves team work. I can assure you will get a date .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Congratulations! Lagos or Abuja ?
ocube:
Knowledge they say is power, true. But I will say the right information is key. I have been a silent reader and have gotten quite a load of information from here. My timeline goes thus:
I submitted our recently filled D160 forms ( myself, DW and son) on the 14th March, 2022. I made payment for our visa same day and joined a telegram group in search of IW appointment date ( our last visa expired in July 2020 which was used for child birth as declared then for DW).
Appointment time schedule came up on Tuesday 15th March, 2022 but I wasn’t able to secure a time slot owing to three(3) failed attempt due to either poor/slow network or guess so many people were choosing the same time as I was simultaneously. Learnt my number one lesson (i.e go for the early morning dates if you come in slightly later than when the time slots initially appears).
I was bewildered that appointment slots came up the next day Wednesday 16th March, 2022 in the afternoon as we had the notion that time slots show up majorly midday. I missed this due to engagement at work.
I was flabbergasted, when time slots came up again the next day Thursday 17th March, 2022 and this time I was successful in getting a slot for 29th March, 2022.
Submitted on the appointment day without hassle.
Visa was issued on the 16th April, 2022 to the three of us.
Got our passport pickup email and sms on the 21th April, 2022 by 7:30pm.
I went to Victoria Island for pickup of our passports on the 22nd April, 2022, but couldn’t. I was told that I came late( time was some minutes to four O clock) and the crowd was quite alarming. Learnt they were treating list 16 out of 25 (there are 25 names on a list) as at that time.
I went back on Monday 25th April, 2022 and spent about 8hrs (got there around 1000am and left around 0600pm) before being able to pickup for only myself and son as DW passport could not be found after several search attempts. The lady that attended to me pleaded with me to go as it was not easy searching for it at that time, she gave me her mobile number and promised to look for it. She called me later by 9:05pm same day to inform me that she has found it.
I went there the next day to pick it up.
All glory to God, a big thank you to this house and a big thumps up to the telegram group. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ocube: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2022
ozymes:
Congratulations! Lagos or Abuja ?

Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by champsdre(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
fkj950ax:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Check this link.

If going for Tourism, and the consular still asked what are you going to do after seeing that in your profile, whats the best way of answering such question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
champsdre:

If going for Tourism, and the consular still asked what are you going to do after seeing that in your profile, whats the best way of answering such question?

Tell the consular what you plan to do as a tourist when you get there.
Visit places. Attend events or concerts. Experience a location or festival. Spend time with F&Fs.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by champsdre(m): 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2022
fkj950ax:

Tell the consular what you plan to do as a tourist when you get there.
Visit places. Attend events or concerts. Experience a location or festival. Spend time with F&Fs.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
DrStrangelove:
Since last 2018, during Trump's era, overstay has been pegged at anything after 6weeks. U must have a very good reason for staying beyond that time. They reason is if ur working in an organization
or u own ur own business, u can't afford to be gone for that long except in extenuating circumstances.

Pls check thru for the length of time to ascertain the time period it is by now. It's highly u will get the same result if they reapply now even with ur visa still active as the VO will still link the denial to the overstay and might be sensing desperation.

So let time do the healing and apply as a full family once it's time. Remember the VO asked u initially why ur not going with ur family during ur last interview. Ponder on that

Goodluck

Where are you getting the “6 week” number from? I’ve had people who visited me for 2 months and never had issues with renewal during the Trump era. Just putting it out there

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
wuki:

Where are you getting the “6 week” number from? I’ve had people who visited me for 2 months and never had issues with renewal during the Trump era. Just putting it out there

Have they renewed recently? Except for childbirth or medical reasons or retirees, anyone that stayed 2 months and above got a 221g for a follow up interview .

It's assumed that if you have family ties or you have a job or business back home , why will.you.be on vacation for 2 months ?
Most organisation give 21-30 days leave allowance and you may not necessarily spend all abroad .

They are getting stricter , even for child birth someone was refused , that unless she is having any complications of any sort she does not leave to give birth abroad that the rules have changed .

In time past once you have the financial capability and have good travel history, they give you visa for birthing purposes

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starrez: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
Pilot4Airbus:

So below is the reply we got after the revocation, when my parents wanted to know why.

“The reasons for their visa revocation can only be addressed by a consular officer at your future interview. If they have future plans to travel to the United States, they may wish to apply again to re-establish their qualifications for new non-immigrant visas.”

Are you applying for a student visa now?
I don’t really think there’s a need sending another mail.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by artofalternativ(f): 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hello house,

I did my IW dropoff for a B1/B2 visa in Abuja (to be picked up in Lagos) on the 19th of April and received an email at 6:30pm today stating that my passport has been collected from the US embassy.

I have two questions,

1. Since I didn't get any other email, I can safely assume the visa has been granted, right?
2. Does this mean that my passport is available for pickup in Lagos now or will I have to wait for communication from DHL to know when I can get it?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pilot4Airbus(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=starrez post=112327320][/quote]

Going for a training to return in 18months (J1).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2022
artofalternativ:
Hello house,

I did my IW dropoff for a B1/B2 visa in Abuja (to be picked up in Lagos) on the 19th of April and received an email at 6:30pm today stating that my passport has been collected from the US embassy.

I have two questions,

1. Since I didn't get any other email, I can safely assume the visa has been granted, right?
2. Does this mean that my passport is available for pickup in Lagos now or will I have to wait for communication from DHL to know when I can get it?

Thank you

You can track it to know if it was issued. You will get a mail telling you to go pick. Since you are picking up from Lagos, give a few days and go check.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obamagbagbeeni: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
flourishing247:

You can track it to know if it was issued. You will get a mail telling you to go pick. Since you are picking up from Lagos, give a few days and go check.

Good day all,
Please people that were called for a follow up interview after IW, when you tracked did your visa status read refused or come for follow-up interview?

My visa status reads refused. I have renewed so many times without issues so I’m wondering why this was refused. All events have stayed the same with me except that I didn’t use my last visa at all.. I got it 2019 and planned going 2020 but Covid happened …
Can I be refused for not using the visa?

Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EOA1: 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Not using your visa may not be reason for refusal. I did not use at all my last two visas and just got issued last week

Obamagbagbeeni:

Good day all,
Please people that were called for a follow up interview after IW, when you tracked did your visa status read refused or come for follow-up interview?

My visa status reads refused. I have renewed so many times without issues so I’m wondering why this was refused. All events have stayed the same with me except that I didn’t use my last visa at all.. I got it 2019 and planned going 2020 but Covid happened …
Can I be refused for not using the visa?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by artofalternativ(f): 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
flourishing247:

Thank you, I figured out how to track the application and it has been issued!!! grin grin grin I'm so so happy, I haven't seen my nephew since he was born, now I will get the chance to carry him

A very big thank you to everybody who has posted advice, available dates and even just humour to keep the mood up, may all your stories also end in joy

I will give it until Thursday next week and then check with DHL for my passport

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chizzybabe26(f): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
My mum was invited for medical attention in the US because we did a scan and discovered she has a brain mass. She was booked for interview on 19th April to be accompanied by my brother who is single but doing a good job. We had all medical papers from a US neurologist and our Nigeria sealed medical letter and all her lab examinations including MRI. Unfortunately she was denied Visa and we are still shocked to what could be the problem. We want to book for another emergency interview date but please we want to get it right this time. My brother said the lady that interviewed them said the US Doctor should state the cost of the treatment. Should we go with statement of account as my sister over there promise to take charge of the treatment and she put it in her invitation letter sent but still they denied us visa.

What else should we do or provide and do you think the denial was because of my brother who is single and have not travelled before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obamagbagbeeni: 4:38am On Apr 29, 2022
EOA1:
Not using your visa may not be reason for refusal. I did not use at all my last two visas and just got issued last week

Thank you for your response. I’ll await my passport and see the reason for rejection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.