Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935954 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KolaSteven(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2022
abusigna:

I had a similar experience which i think will be helpful to everyone on this platform.. i applied for emergency request and for two weeks no response to my email of denial or approval and there's no way i can reach out to this people on phone they ll going to direct you to website..

what i did .. i login in back to my account and click on the ***Provide Feedback ** i have to send them a message about whats happening and believe me within 24 hours i got a message on my email that my request is approved.... i suspect there's a lot of work on the desk .. we have to explore every possibility to reach them is whatever means..
hope this story will help
Thank you for sharing your experience. Was it recent? And did you get a date immediately your request was approved?

I have been trying to get a date since the emergency appointment was approved, to no avail. The US Consulate's call rep I talked to mentioned that the date issue is general for now but I should keep checking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chemicalboss1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2022
thanks boss

pufframmy:
so far you have your visa and still valid
your travel plan can change, so i dont think there is issue on that

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2022
Hello good people of Nairaland.

My parents interview is coming up next week. my dad is 76years my mum is 66 years of age. Please guys, what are some things you advise they carry along?

Things I think they should take along
Invite letter from my sister and her husband
Marriage Cert...

Things they need to know
Where my sister and her husband lives
where they work
How many children they have
when they got into the US
what are they going to do in the us

Please guys, help me add or remove from the list.

Blessings to you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
u done with ur interview

Sincerechic:
Good morning all.

How many days after successful interview do we expect text message for passport pickup these days?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
Sincerechic:
Good morning all.

How many days after successful interview do we expect text message for passport pickup these days?

Iv been asking this too, guess there are very few people with successful interviews these days and those don’t come back to check the thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sihamey: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2022
uchetobi:

Iv been asking this too, guess there are very few people with successful interviews these days and those don’t come back to check the thread
So after all the looong waiting interview appointment they still denied people visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JohnZak: 12:45am On Nov 13, 2022
You can include the sponsor’s (your sister and husband) bank statement from the last six months, employment verification letters showing where they work, how long they’ve worked there and their annual income, and a copy of the document describing their current status in the US (US passport, green card, or visa depending on what applies to them), proof of address (recent utility bill). An invitation letter is also important. Your sister can also add her birth certificate. My experience is that parents or elderly folks don’t undergo as much scrutiny as others so as long as they have all the relevant docs or don’t have an adverse immigration history, they should be fine.

mojolajesu:
Hello good people of Nairaland.

My parents interview is coming up next week. my dad is 76years my mum is 66 years of age. Please guys, what are some things you advise they carry along?

Things I think they should take along
Invite letter from my sister and her husband
Marriage Cert...

Things they need to know
Where my sister and her husband lives
where they work
How many children they have
when they got into the US
what are they going to do in the us

Please guys, help me add or remove from the list.

Blessings to you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sirgigs: 2:11am On Nov 13, 2022
JohnZak:
You can include the sponsor’s (your sister and husband) bank statement from the last six months, employment verification letters showing where they work, how long they’ve worked there and their annual income, and a copy of the document describing their current status in the US (US passport, green card, or visa depending on what applies to them), proof of address (recent utility bill). An invitation letter is also important. Your sister can also add her birth certificate. My experience is that parents or elderly folks don’t undergo as much scrutiny as others so as
long as they have all the relevant docs or don’t have an adverse immigration history, they should be fine.

Has the US Embassy started asking to see all these many docs now�?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sundid(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2022
ImoleNaomi:
Yes it's lagos,my only concern is that hope it's not because I canceled the previous appointment
I just want to be sure that's not the reason why I couldn't get an appointment
quote author=tonexman18 post=118252388]Try Lagos... they have stopped giving date in Abuja for now

I sent you a message. Please check
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JohnZak: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2022
The embassy doesn’t typically ASK to see SPECIFIC docs for NIV visa. They request that applicants CONSIDER bringing certain docs. Some of these are suggested on their website depending on the visa type. It is better to have more docs at the interview and not need them than need them and not have them.

For example, I always sponsor my mum and aunty. The last time my mum applied in-person in 2018, the only question the Consular Officer (CO) asked was about my brother. At the time, my brother had never been to the US so my mum was surprised and told her he is in Nigeria. The CO didn’t ask for other docs. My mum has been to the US before and studied there as well.

I sponsored my aunt in 2019. That was her first visa application. The CO asked my aunty for my invitation letter and my GC. My aunt didn’t have my GC so the CO held her passport and asked her to submit my GC. She submitted it the next day and her visa was approved. This is my experience. It may not necessarily apply to the next person.

quote author=sirgigs post=118344588]

Has the US Embassy started asking to see all these many docs now�?[/quote]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
Thank you brother!!!

JohnZak:
You can include the sponsor’s (your sister and husband) bank statement from the last six months, employment verification letters showing where they work, how long they’ve worked there and their annual income, and a copy of the document describing their current status in the US (US passport, green card, or visa depending on what applies to them), proof of address (recent utility bill). An invitation letter is also important. Your sister can also add her birth certificate. My experience is that parents or elderly folks don’t undergo as much scrutiny as others so as long as they have all the relevant docs or don’t have an adverse immigration history, they should be fine.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mobileflp: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2022
uchetobi:

3 to 5 working days

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mobileflp: 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
Sincerechic:
Good morning all.

3 to 5 working days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2022
mobileflp:

3 to 5 working days

Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sincerechic: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
mobileflp:

3 to 5 working days

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
any clue on restricted items when entering the usa?...i wish to avoid secondary.
dry vegetables and dry fish are allowed abi?. its only yam that i learnt was prohibited a couple of yrs ago.

is IAD - Dulles washington. a tough poe?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OsiEnterprise4: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2022
How can someone get an appointment, from the people that is getting appointment answer ooh, not urgent, anytime next year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cyntibarbie: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hello Everyone-

I have a date for my interview in Nigeria in June 2023, but I have left the country and thinking of applying in my new resident country do I need to cancel my appointment or is there a way to transfer?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
Pls any update on USA ABuja application,
as anyone interview recently
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by blessedmumi(f): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hello everyone, please how can I get a closer interview date for B1/B2 visa category? The closest date is in August 2024 sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by blessedmumi(f): 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
JohnZak:

Please can you work me through how to upload these supporting documents on the embassy website?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
whiteMandingo:
any clue on restricted items when entering the usa?...i wish to avoid secondary.
dry vegetables and dry fish are allowed abi?. its only yam that i learnt was prohibited a couple of yrs ago.

Dulles is not tough! It’s almost as easy as jfk

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bossman(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
You can be grilled at any point of entry. It just depends on how the person questioning you feels about your responses. Sending you to secondary could also be random.

Don't bring beef/meat products (Cooked or not), fruits, fresh veggies, etc.

whiteMandingo:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by onuawuchi: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2022
Any ideas why I can't make an appointemnt? It says none is available when I go to book one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:33am On Nov 15, 2022
whiteMandingo:

Which airline do you want to use?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:34am On Nov 15, 2022
blessedmumi:

Please can you work me through how to upload these supporting documents on the embassy website?

You bring them to the embassy on interview day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:34am On Nov 15, 2022
OsiEnterprise4:
How can someone get an appointment, from the people that is getting appointment answer ooh, not urgent, anytime next year

Fresh or Drop box/ IW.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OsiEnterprise4: 6:42am On Nov 15, 2022
flourishing247:

Fresh or Drop box/ IW.

Fresh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:42am On Nov 15, 2022
OsiEnterprise4:

Fresh

That's the current date. If it is very urgent then you can mail the embassy for a date. You have to qualify for it though. You can check their website for more details.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OsiEnterprise4: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2022
flourishing247:

That's the current date. If it is very urgent then you can mail the embassy for a date. You have to qualify for it though. You can check their website for more details.

Ok, I do not understand your first sentence ' That's the current date' .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
OsiEnterprise4:

Ok, I do not understand your first sentence ' That's the current date' .

Sorry, I mixed up my reply. Current date is 2024 for appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Neroolu: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hi pls can i get an early date for next year for visa renewal interview?
Because the dates i am seeing are November and December 2024

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: emmaodet and 1 guest(s)