Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (948958 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by johnpoko: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
Posa:
Good day all.
I applied for B1/B2 visa in 2018 when I was in my penultimate year in the University and was denied on grounds of insufficient home ties. My Cousin in the United States Army is inviting Me for his Graduation in April 2023 which is less than a month from now. I have filled my DS-160 form and about to book an appointment. He said there is a way he would expedite it using The US Army link. Please is this feasible? What are my chances now and what do I need to put in place? Pleaseeeeeeeeee
Also, he is the one sponsoring the trip, I am 31 years old.
Ask yourself this question, why would they give someone who they denied previously based on insufficient ties to home, a visa to travel to USA for a graduation. I don’t mean to be rude but think about it. A graduation. They’ll ask why that graduation is so important to you. Do u have new ties to home? Travel history? Funds?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciwi: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Femaleoutfit:
DS160 😳 i dint save the form o
Not ds160 sorry, there’s a confirmation page you are supposed to go with

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hi, can anyone provide any assistance please? Why is my question being ignored?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wifey1: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
Just picked up my passport today, thank God we (myself and kids)were all approved. Submitted on the 7th Feb. 2yrs given

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayabemm16: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
wifey1:
Just picked up my passport today, thank God we (myself and kids)were all approved. Submitted on the 7th Feb. 2yrs given

Congratulations. But why 2 years? I thought it was 5 years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewJeans: 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
ayabemm16:

Congratulations. But why 2 years? I thought it was 5 years.

If it’s approved before 1st March 2023, its going to be 2 years.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fardowsa: 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
hi, i'm new here. can i pls get the whatsapp link to schedule appointments. thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hi,
I'm new here and have posted a few times but I'm not getting a response. Can someone kindly assist with my question(s)?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by infosoftlife: 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
IkwerreBabe:
Hi,
I'm new here and have posted a few times but I'm not getting a response. Can someone kindly assist with my question(s)?

He should be truthful and be able to highlight the importance of the trip to his business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thank you.

I understand that much, I’m more interested in how he should answer the questions. Does one response carry more weight? Does him lodging with me and my husband raise a red flag or should he say he’s staying at a hotel? Does he need to complete a new form?

infosoftlife:

He should be truthful and be able to highlight the importance of the trip to his business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by infosoftlife: 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
IkwerreBabe:
Thank you.

I understand that much, I’m more interested in how he should answer the questions. Does one response carry more weight? Does him lodging with me and my husband raise a red flag or should he say he’s staying at a hotel? Does he need to complete a new form?

Why do you want him to indicate he is lodging with you? Did he fill on the DS-160 that he has a relation in the US? What information do you want to change in the new form? His going to the embassy is already a red flag. He has to present his case very well to convince the VISA OFFICER not to see him as an immigrant.

These here are rhetorical questions that only you can answer. We promote DIY here, so if things go South, you don't go and point fingers that an "agent said."

REMEMBER, he will be assessed if he can fund the trip. So why do you want him to indicate he is staying with you, assuming you are unrelated?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thank you.

infosoftlife:

Why do you want him to indicate he is lodging with you? Did he fill on the DS-160 that he has a relation in the US? What information do you want to change in the new form? His going to the embassy is already a red flag. He has to present his case very well to convince the VISA OFFICER not to see him as an immigrant.

These here are rhetorical questions that only you can answer. We promote DIY here, so if things go South, you don't go and point fingers that an "agent said."

REMEMBER, he will be assessed if he can fund the trip. So why do you want him to indicate he is staying with you, assuming you are unrelated?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
I was asking if a new form needed to be completed because the original form was completed in June of '22.

infosoftlife:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
1. He should say that he is sponsoring himself, though most times accounts are not checked but he should know how much he pays himself monthly and that account should be different from his company's account.
2. For the conference he should state that he will stay in a hotel but if he has filled you in DS160 as a relative, he can make it known to the vo that he will visits you at the end of the conference. However, if the conference is in the same state where u reside, staying in your place is not bad. But it is more worthy to stand with staying in the hotel for financial independence.
3. No, if he has submitted and patiently waiting for his appointment date.

I think this can help pls.

IkwerreBabe:
Hello Nairalanders-
Happy Friday! Looking for some advice.

A male friend has an upcoming appt next month and needs advice on how best to approach his interview. For context, he is 36 years old, has no travel history, has owned his own company of 11 employees for the past 5 years and wants to attend a few conferences and tour the US. A few questions:
1. As CEO/Founder, should he state his company is sponsoring him or that he is sponsoring himself? Essentially he is the same person, my question related more to taxonomy. Does one hold more weight?
2. Should he mention he will stay in a hotel or that I will accommodate him. Either is feasible. For context, I am a married woman, living with my husband + two children and he is financially able to support himself. I will not be providing any financial documents.
3. He initially completed his DS-160 form in April '22, is a new one required?

Any information you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thank you very much.

We are not related, just childhood friends so the hotel route is fine. He said the form was completed last year August so it’s been a while…anyway, will pass the message along.

Thank you! Appreciate your help.

Safetysmile:
1. He should say that he is sponsoring himself, though most times accounts are not checked but he should know how much he pays himself monthly and that account should be different from his company's account.
2. For the conference he should state that he will stay in a hotel but if he fills that he has filled you in DS160 as a relative, he can make it known to the vo that he will visits you at the end of the conference. However, if the conference is in the same state where u resides, staying in your place is not bad. But it is more worthy to stand with staying in the hotel for financial independence.
3. No, if he has submitted and patiently waiting for his appointment date.

I think this can help pls.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by infosoftlife: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
IkwerreBabe:
I was asking if a new form needed to be completed because the original form was completed in June of '22.

No.
Except you are trying to make a change to the date of arrival.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
He should not mention you if you re not related

I am not aware if ds160 expires after submission due to the long wait for interview. Anyone with this knowledge can help out pls.

IkwerreBabe:
Thank you very much.

We are not related, just childhood friends so the hotel route is fine. He said the form was completed last year August so it’s been a while…anyway, will pass the message along.

Thank you! Appreciate your help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Femaleoutfit: 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
Please can I Submit my drop box IW at Any DHL branch in Lagos? kindly respond asap, my date is close
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thank you.

infosoftlife:

No.
Except you are trying to make a change to the date of arrival.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkwerreBabe: 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ok thanks.

Safetysmile:
He should not mention you if you re not related

I am not aware if ds160 expires after submission due to the long wait for interview. Anyone with this knowledge can help out pls.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
IkwerreBabe:
Hello Nairalanders-
Happy Friday! Looking for some advice.

A male friend has an upcoming appt next month and needs advice on how best to approach his interview. For context, he is 36 years old, has no travel history, has owned his own company of 11 employees for the past 5 years and wants to attend a few conferences and tour the US. A few

Thank you.

Please direct him to part 3 thread of same topic on this forum. He will read a lot of transcripts there. He should just be very honest in his replies. That's all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wifey1: 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
No, not all,just about 3 which it would show you when you book your appointment for drop off.
Femaleoutfit:
Please can I Submit my drop box IW at Any DHL branch in Lagos? kindly respond asap, my date is close
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Femaleoutfit: 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thanks For Your response, I Appreciate.
Just to be clear i can drop at any of the 3 DHL offices including the one at Surulere.
wifey1:
No, not all,just about 3 which it would show you when you book your appointment for drop off.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Femaleoutfit: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thank you. Does this include the SurulereBranch.
wifey1:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 7:56am On Mar 07, 2023
DecentT:

Thanks for your response. Kindly advice me on how to go about the rescheduling process as someone notified me of available dates in Lagos yesterday, but I was thinking that rescheduling an appointment date would require me filling out a fresh DS160 form plus paying visa processing fees afresh.

how do they access the available dates, i have been invited for follow up interview but no date is shown so far on my profile
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nye2468: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2023
Have you gotten replies yet as regards the emergency appointment you applied for?

Arry110:
1. Having a travel history proves you have hometies, and MAY increase your chance of getting a visa

2. There’s a huge backlog in Nigeria, I applied early last month and the date I got was October 2024. You can apply for an emergency appointment if it’s urgent , which is what I did
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bbclue(f): 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
Good afternoon, Leaders,

please what is my chances of getting my visit visa, I fill the ds-160 form last year and didn't get a nearer date for the conference i wanted to attend.

luckily i got in contact with the u.s official and I was finally given a date for my interview. my data page, invitation letter, confirmation page, evident of payment was requested and I send it to them today.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2023
aaidel:

how do they access the available dates, i have been invited for follow up interview but no date is shown so far on my profile

Same thing I asked some days ago. Anyway I have contacted them through the feedback option and waiting for their response. I don’t know if they release the dates periodically or what. I have been checking at all times of the day and no dates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Beelaye:

Same thing I asked some days ago. Anyway I have contacted them through the feedback option and waiting for their response. I don’t know if they release the dates periodically or what. I have been checking at all times of the day and no dates

seems odd they would ask for a follow up interview without providing the date although the letter does state no sooner than 2 days after receipt of the notice i got my passport yesterday so will see if anything shows up on the profile tomorrow
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Posa: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2023
Thank You for your submission. It means a lot to Me. I don’t see any rude statement here, I asked for it and I wasn’t expecting any sugarcoated words.
For the records, no home ties at all. No good funds, no travel history but I just want to give it a trial as My cousin who is inviting encouraged me to apply.

johnpoko:

Ask yourself this question, why would they give someone who they denied previously based on insufficient ties to home, a visa to travel to USA for a graduation. I don’t mean to be rude but think about it. A graduation. They’ll ask why that graduation is so important to you. Do u have new ties to home? Travel history? Funds?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciwi: 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
aaidel:

seems odd they would ask for a follow up interview without providing the date although the letter does state no sooner than 2 days after receipt of the notice i got my passport yesterday so will see if anything shows up on the profile tomorrow
Pls do u have any idea why u were asked for a follow up interview? How long did you stay when you travelled? Or is there any change in your circumstances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Monaboo(m): 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
Please I heard USA has increased the duration of Visiting/Tourist Visa from 12 months to 60 months (5 years).

My question is

If someone enters USA with visiting visa, can the person change his visa status when he gets there from visiting visa to a visa that allows the person to live and work in USA freely?

Also, how long will someone need to be in USA to qualify for Citizenship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (441) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.