Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (924422 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kettlecorn: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
I wish the US embassy would communicate better as to what is going on with things like appointments, process and other issues raised here like they do in other countries. It should be easy to either call or email to get answers to most of the questions asked here. Don't they realize that the lack of information results in uncertainty and confusion and is fueling the activity of touts and shady agents? I do hope they do something when they read this wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hello Guys...is it possible to apply for US visa from Canada? My mom is in Canada on a Visit Visa and I wanted to apply for renewal of her US visa. Is it possible?
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kettlecorn: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2021
neni83:
Hello Guys...is it possible to apply for US visa from Canada? My mom is in Canada on a Visit Visa and I wanted to apply for renewal of her US visa. Is it possible?
Thank you

Related to what I just posted above, you will be better served by calling or emailing the US embassy in Canada. I am sure you will get an honest answer.
Having said that, I can tell you that the US does not generally restrict which embassies a person may apply for a nonimmigrant visa from, although there are some exceptions. You can apply for a B-1/B-2 visitor visa from within almost any country you have entered legally. Unfortunately, since visa decisions are the prerogative of the consular officer, the decision for Nigerians is usually a toss up to likely negative when the applicant is not a permanent resident of the said host country. Simply said, there is no restriction as to applying from Canada, but on a visiting visa........ buyer beware!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prisscindy(f): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2021
Appointments are available for Lagos right now. From July

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hilariouscandy(m): 9:32am On Feb 26, 2021
guys pls after completing a separate D160 form for myself and my wife do I also have to book a separate appointment for both of us and use the same day for the interview? Someone should explain further pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tee1583: 10:13am On Feb 26, 2021
Thanks for the info. Unfortunatelymissed it. It is now in September. I am hoping they would bring up more earlier dates.

Prisscindy:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prisscindy(f): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2021
Tee1583:
Thanks for the info. Unfortunatelymissed it. It is now in September. I am hoping they would bring up more earlier dates.

Hopefully, keep checking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phunmi19: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2021
Dates are now in October, hoping for a closer date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phunmi19: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
I scheduled an appointment in October, but the date is too far, just had to choose it. Please Is it possible to reschedule for an earlier date and what is the possibility of still getting an earlier date.
Thanks

Prisscindy:

Hopefully, keep checking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2021
Prisscindy:

I can’t see any available appointment Date from my end
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
Yes, you will still be able to reschedule one more time.
Phunmi19:
I scheduled an appointment in October, but the date is too far, just had to choose it. Please Is it possible to reschedule for an earlier date and what is the possibility of still getting an earlier date.
Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
hilariouscandy:
guys pls after completing a separate D160 form for myself and my wife do I also have to book a separate appointment for both of us and use the same day for the interview? Someone should explain further pls.

Set up your profile and then Put her name under yours as dependent.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hilariouscandy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fikky1234: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2021
Please house those who gave birth in the u s before and get denied after trying to renew thier visa even with the prove of having zero balance and didn't over stay in the u s

Is there any luck for reapplying now? Has anyone with similar case been considered recently?

Pls kindly share your experience about this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obiwankenobi: 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
Fikky1234:
Please house those who gave birth in the u s before and get denied after trying to renew thier visa even with the prove of having zero balance and didn't over stay in the u s

Is there any luck for reapplying now? Has anyone with similar case been considered recently?

Pls kindly share your experience about this

I just recently renewed mine, it felt like I was forgiven, slate wiped clean.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fikky1234: 8:11am On Feb 28, 2021
obiwankenobi:

Wow! Congrat and Thanks for the response, I pray am forgiven too I will give it a try once again still looking for date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olumig(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
Please what is the status for B1/B2 visa renewal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by virginice: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hello all, has anyone recently gone for visiting visa and was granted? Doesn’t matter if Lagos or Abuja. Please respond. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ladylco: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
virginice:
Hello all, has anyone recently gone for visiting visa and was granted? Doesn’t matter if Lagos or Abuja. Please respond. Thank you.

Pls can you share your transcript. I'm trying to renew my parents visa and i don't know what is applicable now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omonini: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
obiwankenobi:

@obiwankenobi Congratulations!

Please did u apply with d same category as the initial one? Also can you assist with your transcript please���
I want to reapply and will like to know wat you did differently so I can learn.

I will appreciate a feedback privately or here. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jummy24701: 6:59am On Mar 01, 2021
I had my interview on Tuesday and I was refused visa ,I think it was entirely my fault as I answered all the questions with monosyllabic responses … I didn’t try to convince the vo… he asked what I do and I said ‘video editor ‘ he asked my purpose for visit and I said vacation lmao… could I have done better? Yes ofcos as I have travelled to many countries including Uk and Canada before.. all I wanted to do was spend 2 weeks vacation in us since I had never been there before. I’m married with a 4 year old kid but hubby was going to allow me go for vacation alone to blow off some steam after working so hard. I was denied based on the fact that i didn’t have strong ties which is ridiculous, would I leave my 4 year old kid behind and abscond? I intend to reapply and even if I get denied again, it won’t be because I didn’t do my best cos I knew I could have done better… the feeling of inadequacy makes me so sad and hunts me

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prisscindy(f): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2021
Phunmi19:
Thanks

It is possible to reschedule once more. They usually give 2 chances. For the earlier appointment, it is in the hands of the embassy. They could decide to give new early appointments, you need to keep checking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prisscindy(f): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2021
customised87:

I can’t see any available appointment Date from my end

They have scheduled all I guess. Just keep checking

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:05am On Mar 01, 2021
Jummy24701:
I had my interview on Tuesday and I was refused visa ,I think it was entirely my fault as I answered all the questions with monosyllabic responses … I didn’t try to convince the vo… he asked what I do and I said ‘video editor ‘ he asked my purpose for visit and I said vacation lmao… [b]could I have done better? [/b]Yes ofcos as I have travelled to many countries including Uk and Canada before.. all I wanted to do was spend 2 weeks vacation in us since I had never been there before. I’m married with a 4 year old kid but hubby was going to allow me go for vacation alone to blow off some steam after working so hard. I was denied based on the fact that i didn’t have strong ties which is ridiculous, would I leave my 4 year old kid behind and abscond? I intend to reapply and even if I get denied again, it won’t be because I didn’t do my best cos I knew I could have done better… the feeling of inadequacy makes me so sad and hunts me

Problem with that embassy....
No info verification, just decision based on VO mood.
Not everybody got sugar coated mouth nah

If your visit is strictly for vacation, pls stay away from them for now, go elsewhere.
You can apply later later when they finally get sense
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jegsgirl: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Hello pls my sister & her husband stay in the US and i intend going visiting with my family for summer, we haven't seen her in like 8yrs. Will i be classified as someone going for "tourist purpose"? We just want to stay for like 3weeks. What are our chances? I work with the government and my husband is an Exco in his office. I dont want my visa fee to waste oooo.....lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2021
ABUJA OR LAGOS
Jummy24701:
I had my interview on Tuesday and I was refused visa ,I think it was entirely my fault as I answered all the questions with monosyllabic responses … I didn’t try to convince the vo… he asked what I do and I said ‘video editor ‘ he asked my purpose for visit and I said vacation lmao… could I have done better? Yes ofcos as I have travelled to many countries including Uk and Canada before.. all I wanted to do was spend 2 weeks vacation in us since I had never been there before. I’m married with a 4 year old kid but hubby was going to allow me go for vacation alone to blow off some steam after working so hard. I was denied based on the fact that i didn’t have strong ties which is ridiculous, would I leave my 4 year old kid behind and abscond? I intend to reapply and even if I get denied again, it won’t be because I didn’t do my best cos I knew I could have done better… the feeling of inadequacy makes me so sad and hunts me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obiwankenobi: 11:35am On Mar 01, 2021
Omonini:

@obiwankenobi Congratulations!

Please did u apply with d same category as the initial one? Also can you assist with your transcript please���
I want to reapply and will like to know wat you did differently so I can learn.

I will appreciate a feedback privately or here. Thank you

Same B1B2
VO: Why do you want to visit the US?
Me: To attend a wedding, (reaches out to present the IV, VO declined seeing it)
VO: how many kids do u have?
Me: 2
VO: I see just 1, why is the other not here, does he/she already have a visa?
Me: he has a passport, no visa required
VO: is that why u visited in 2018? To give birth?
Me: no, was there for a holiday, 2017 visit was for birthing purposes
VO: where do u work, and for how long?
Me: told him I work for an IOC, 10 years now, wife is a teacher
VO: how long do u intend to stay?
Me: 2 - 3 weeks
VO: your visa is approved
Me: walks away smiling ���

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jegsgirl: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
Please any thought on this would be appreciated��

Jegsgirl:
Hello pls my sister & her husband stay in the US and i intend going visiting with my family for summer, we haven't seen her in like 8yrs. Will i be classified as someone going for "tourist purpose"? We just want to stay for like 3weeks. What are our chances? I work with the government and my husband is an Exco in his office. I dont want my visa fee to waste oooo.....lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:14am On Mar 02, 2021
Jegsgirl:

Yes, you are a tourist. Everything depends on what you will say at the interview. Make sure you fill your forms with the right information too.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:15am On Mar 02, 2021
Jummy24701:

Awww. Don't feel bad, count it as an experience. Please avoid the embassy for now. They might feel you are desperate. Give it at least one year.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jegsgirl: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2021
Thanks for your response, i will keep your advice in mind. Truly appreciate!

quote author=flourishing247 post=99527040]

Yes, you are a tourist. Everything depends on what you will say at the interview. Make sure you fill your forms with the right information too. [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emeldamicheals: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2021
Hello Everyone and Good morning.
Pls, is it a problem if your interview date is 6 months to your stated travel date in the ds 160. Though u chose no specific plans.
Also, how many times can you reschedule your appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.