Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (934358 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by topsam1(m): 6:21am On Sep 17, 2023
You nailed it bro...im just scared...i have sent a message to him since yesterday, he hasn't replied me though..thanks all the way..
fkj950ax:

For 'them' to say you have an interview date and later say it has been rescheduled can only be 'plausible' because he/she created a ustraveldocs profile. You need that log in.
If you create another one, the embassy will block it because your passport number is tied to that one. You'd need to get it to or ask the embassy to reset the password to the account - that is if its an email address you have.

Your info in the DS160 can change. Events and circumstances change in life, but it must follow a pattern thats not bizarre.
EG 'They' packages Conference Application using Auditor Profile at Julius Berger for you 2 years ago, and you now refill yourself stating you have been a Food Tech Mgr at Unilever for the past 5 years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chrisaham: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2023
This problem has been on for over 3weeks now,I can't see the options to edit profile, reschedule appointment etc

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chrisaham: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2023
I used to have the option in the past, infact the first picture was my homepage, but then after awhile all options disappeared just as seen in the second picture...what can I do cos I want to apply for emergency application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chrisaham: 8:31am On Sep 17, 2023
How can I reach out to the help desk
kezzy09:

Just checked mine it displayed but only option to reschedule is not displayed. Don't think it's a problem... Just check back again if it continues you can call help desk to further direct you on what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2023
Passwords754:
Hi house. The us embassy requested fir my passport a few weeks back along side some documents. Today they sent back my passport without a visa stating that they wanna do some additional administrative processing. Does anyone know what’s going on. Where do I go from here

You wait.
Nothing you can do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
fkj950ax:

You don't need any document to fill the form. The DS160 Application is you filling out details about yourself. Life, Work and Financial History.
The Visa Fee is valid for one year from date you paid for it. But there is a limit on the number of times you can reschedule appointments before it becomes expired, you have to pay another fee.
Asking what documents indicates you don't know what was filled for you by the agent, so this is your real complication. Filling another DS160 one year after and the info has so much variance with the previous one won't help your application.

Guys,
Do consider not using agents.
There is nothing they can do that you can't do. There is no special skillset they have that you don't have. There is nothing unique the Embassy gives them that you do not have access to (and freely).
Agents will embellish your profile to make it appear you are larger than what you are - misrepresentation (which the embassy punishes you when it bottoms out). Most of the info they use in embellishing your profile is not even shared with you, and in future, you wont be able to defend it or even answer basic questions about them. The profile they created for you (ustraveldocs) stays there forever and thats what you'd need in future to deal with USinNigeria.
Sir,
Many fully expect agents to embellish their profile, hence why they pay cash and just expect a date.
Agents are only 'fake' when what customer paid for (I e visa) does not come through.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teekaylawal: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2023
Happy Sunday y'all
Please I will like to be updated if new dates are available for a tourist visa.l got November and will prefer an earlier date,say January or February.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2023
Taal17:

Sir,
Many fully expect agents to embellish their profile, hence why they pay cash and just expect a date.
Agents are only 'fake' when what customer paid for (I e visa) does not come through.

Totally agree with you.
If there is no demand, supply won’t be necessary
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by topsam1(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2023
Ok bro, if it gets blocked, does that mean i aint gonna be able to schedule an interview in the nearest future? What if i pay in another visa fee, will the previous data affect the new one? Cos im just looking for an alternative. The agent has told me that he has lost the contact of the agent he gave the job to then...can you imagine that? They just put my application in a dilema...
fkj950ax:

For 'them' to say you have an interview date and later say it has been rescheduled can only be 'plausible' because he/she created a ustraveldocs profile. You need that log in.
If you create another one, the embassy will block it because your passport number is tied to that one. You'd need to get it to or ask the embassy to reset the password to the account - that is if its an email address you have.

Your info in the DS160 can change. Events and circumstances change in life, but it must follow a pattern thats not bizarre.
EG 'They' packages Conference Application using Auditor Profile at Julius Berger for you 2 years ago, and you now refill yourself stating you have been a Food Tech Mgr at Unilever for the past 5 years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2023
There is now December 2023 date currently open more than 60.slot hurry up o

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2023
pufframmy:
There is now December 2023 date currently open more than 60.slot hurry up o
Thanks for updating the thread, I hope the agents haven’t eaten it all up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kriscamdi(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2023
Agents or people have sapped it already .. it’s no longer available

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by upengineer: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2023
Good evening all,

I applied for Non immigrants visa at American Embassy in Lagos earlier in year. As at the time of submitting the application the available interview date was Nov. 2. This date was used in getting hotel booking and all the necessary planning.

Last week, I got a mail from American Embassy changing the interview date to February 2024 from November 2024
My question is will attendance of the interview in February affect the intended date of November. On the form submitted, the intended travel date is November 30, 2024 and hotel reservation starts from December 2, 2024.

Any suggestions or advise please!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by julzz(f): 2:30am On Sep 19, 2023
Zirconia16:
Good day guys.

Pls I need help/information regarding the following.

I just applied for interview waiver and the date I selected is this Thursday 14, September.

I'm really confused as to how to submit my documents and what documents to submit.

I live in port Harcourt and my appointment location is Abuja.

Please, how do I send my documents across and what documents am I supposed to include. I really can't seem to figure it at all. Thanks.

Also how is my document/passport to be returned to me.

Pls pls, I would be appreciating a response. Pls don't read and pass if you have answers or have recently had to send your documents for IW from another state than the one for your appointment.

Thanks and God bless 🙏

Hi, please how did you go about booking the interview waiver, I need someone to put me through, I’ve paid the visa fee, in the process of filling ds160 then what next?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:23am On Sep 19, 2023
upengineer:
Good evening all,

I applied for Non immigrants visa at American Embassy in Lagos earlier in year. As at the time of submitting the application the available interview date was Nov. 2. This date was used in getting hotel booking and all the necessary planning.

Last week, I got a mail from American Embassy changing the interview date to February 2024 from November 2024
My question is will attendance of the interview in February affect the intended date of November. On the form submitted, the intended travel date is November 30, 2024 and hotel reservation starts from December 2, 2024.

Any suggestions or advise please!

It won't affect you. Your visa is valid for use within 5 years. You can get it in Feb and still travel Nov
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by makaveli19: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2023
Please how did you get your appointment date? I need help on this. Thanks
andoSwift:
Good day to you all.

I recently applied for a visa interview at Abuja US Embassy against Spring (January) semester 2024, however, the only available date that I can select is March 2024 upward. My question are:
1. I checked the waiting time for Lagos embassy which is 50 days, I want to know if it is possible to pay a new MRV and select Lagos center to have 2023 dates.
2. Do I need to cancel the visa appointment of the Abuja embassy before applying for the that of Lagos?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmaodet1: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2023
Dear House.

Please am having an issue.....US point of contact.

I don't have anybody in US as point of contact since am going for vacation/tourism.
It is a B2 visa.
So what will i fill in that position?
I tried ignoring the individual/organisation contact but i was instructed to fill one.

Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:12am On Sep 19, 2023
Emmaodet1:
Dear House.

Please am having an issue.....US point of contact.

I don't have anybody in US as point of contact since am going for vacation/tourism.
It is a B2 visa.
So what will i fill in that position?
I tried ignoring the individual/organisation contact but i was instructed to fill one.

Thanks
Fill in your accommodation details.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmaodet1: 10:43am On Sep 19, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Fill in your accommodation details.

The accommodation details is the one i booked online like a dummy with the flight.
It can be confirmed but for just 3 weeks and there is chances they will call the hotel to confirm if they know me

Won't it back-fire?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knicks231: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2023
Emmaodet1:

The accommodation details is the one i booked online like a dummy with the flight.
It can be confirmed but for just 3 weeks and there is chances they will call the hotel to confirm if they know me

Won't it back-fire?

Book a place without cancellation fees.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmaodet1: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2023
knicks231:

Book a place without cancellation fees.

which means i will have to really pay for the hotel for like a week i will use there, right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
Emmaodet1:

Won't it back-fire?
There are hotel bookings that you don’t need to pay for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by andoSwift(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
November December 2023 date are currently available, hurry up guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cantiride2: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Is it still available

quote author=andoSwift post=125890595]November December 2023 date are currently available, hurry up guys[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kriscamdi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2023
andoSwift:
November December 2023 date are currently available, hurry up guys

Is it lagos or abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by andoSwift(m): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
kriscamdi:

Is it lagos or abuja

It is Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kriscamdi(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2023
andoSwift:

It is Abuja

Is it still available ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmaodet1: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

There are hotel bookings that you don’t need to pay for.

Please can you give me site list? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
Emmaodet1:

Please can you give me site list? Thanks
booking.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Starph: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good evening Everyone,
I just found this link. Plssss help me through. My interview is on Monday!!! and I am having dilemma on how to present
‘’what’s your purpose of travel’’ question if/when asked.
Let me explain my situation And I will appreciate professional reply to it urgently 🙏🏽🙏🏽

I want to go to US for my 1month leave from work but will be staying only 3weeks. I also have an invitation from a friend( a citizen- resides there with family)

I am married with a baby. Travelled to US before but passed the Dropbox validity,
So I want to ask the best way to answer the question ‘purpose of travel to US’

Do I say My husband and I discussed that I take my 30 days leave to US on vacation though I will be staying only 3weeks or do I say I am going to visit my family friend and his family whom I haven’t seen since my last trip to US (since I will be staying in their house) ??
Also I am a med personnel and sponsoring myself.

Pls someone should kindly help me through this dilemma.

Urgennnnnnnntttt😢😢
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
Starph:
Good evening Everyone,
I just found this link. Plssss help me through. My interview is on Monday!!! and I am having dilemma on how to present
‘’what’s your purpose of travel’’ question if/when asked.
Let me explain my situation And I will appreciate professional reply to it urgently 🙏🏽🙏🏽

I want to go to US for my 1month leave from work but will be staying only 3weeks. I also have an invitation from a friend( a citizen- resides there with family)

I am married with a baby. Travelled to US before but passed the Dropbox validity,
So I want to ask the best way to answer the question ‘purpose of travel to US’

Do I say My husband and I discussed that I take my 30 days leave to US on vacation though I will be staying only 3weeks or do I say I am going to visit my family friend and his family whom I haven’t seen since my last trip to US (since I will be staying in their house) ??
Also I am a med personnel and sponsoring myself.

Pls someone should kindly help me through this dilemma.

Urgennnnnnnntttt😢😢
You’ve been to the US you don’t have to panic please.
When asked for your purpose of travel, simple state it as it is, holiday to visit friends. It’s not a cause to panic and when asked how long will you stay just tell them three weeks because you’ll be on leave. Answer honestly to what you’re asked, no addition no subtraction.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmaodet1: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

booking.com

Okay.

Thanks very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.