Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935559 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by M6ix: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
It doesn't have to be 6 months. I got mine two months to my course end date.
Pray and stay positive.

JaySterling:
I am sponsoring my own trip

Do I stand a chance of getting the visa? Given that my program ends in 3 months?

Someone said it must be 6 months

And also considering my previous denial ? Omo, I’m scared

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JaySterling: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
M6ix:
It doesn't have to be 6 months. I got mine two months to my course end date.
Pray and stay positive.

Can you please share your transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2023
Good morning all, pls I need help, I started filling my Ds-160 form and a friend advice I should secure appointment date first before I continue filling the form which I did, I created the appointment but haven’t paid and revert back to my ds-160 application form, I tried to login with my application number but it keeps saying invalid, what could be the issues pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2023
ugomnaanny:
Good morning all, pls I need help, I started filling my Ds-160 form and a friend advice I should secure appointment date first before I continue filling the form which I did, I created the appointment but haven’t paid and revert back to my ds-160 application form, I tried to login with my application number but it keeps saying invalid, what could be the issues pls help

I don't see how you can get an appointment date without paying, so which information did u fill out on the form to schedule an interview appointment date?
1st step is to fill out ur ds 160 form upon completion you are given a confirmation code, then you pay your fees, lastly you use all these info to schedule an interview appointment...

Except there are other ways o.. we get informed every day...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Neeta02(f): 10:15am On Sep 06, 2023
Hi guys, please how does this interview waiver thing work? Does one get refused first and approved later? A family member dropped her passport sometime last week. Yesterday I checked the status of the application and then I saw refused. The case was last updated yesterday too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2023
kezzy09:

I don't see how you can get an appointment date without paying, so which information did u fill out on the form to schedule an interview appointment date?
1st step is to fill out ur ds 160 form upon completion you are given a confirmation code, then you pay your fees, lastly you use all these info to schedule an interview appointment...

Except there are other ways o.. we get informed every day...
thank u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2023
deegalaxy:

What kind of consuel did you receive, very wrong one. If you can't remember the details just fill another one. That one is lost and is not a problem. It will even disappear from the system after 30days.

The instruction is on the site, finish your DS 160 form before any other thing.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hello please I want to apply for my US visa I need the site to fill my DS 160 and book my appointment. Any with this information please share me. Thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
damkanlinsin:
Hello please I want to apply for my US visa I need the site to fill my DS 160 and book my appointment. Any with this information please share me. Thanks a lot

Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
kezzy09:

Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Thank you so much. Is this same place to book appointments also.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
Neeta02:
Hi guys, please how does this interview waiver thing work? Does one get refused first and approved later? A family member dropped her passport sometime last week. Yesterday I checked the status of the application and then I saw refused. The case was last updated yesterday too.
You either get an approval , a refusal or you get put on administrative processing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by M6ix: 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
Interview held in London
Questions I remember:

What are you doing in the UK? Studying, Masters

What course are you studying? Answered (nerves made me stutter)

What is the name of your school? Answered with name of the city where the school is

How are you sponsoring you school fees? Its been paid in full with support of parents

Do you work? Yes, but only part-time since I am studying

Where do you work? Answered with job title

Have you been to the US before? No, I have not

Why do you want to go to the US? Visit a close friend and explained I was invited

Where will you be staying? My friend will be providing accommodation at his place

Where does your friend live? Answered

Is your friend a citizen? Yes

What is your friend's name? Answered

How will you sponsor your trip? Myself and Parents

How long have you been in the UK? Almost a year, came in August last year.

Do you have family in the UK? Yes (mentioned the relationship)

The VO smiled all through (and so did I...I think)
She said some things I didn't hear clearly but as I saw her keeping my passport with her, I realized she said 'your visa has been granted' and something about email notification. I smiled and said thank you...then walked away Thanking God.

Now it seems like many questions but it felt like 2 minutes back then.

JaySterling:
Can you please share your transcript

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
Please is the B1/B2 visa fee still been gotten from GT bank. Kindly help me I want to get it tomorrow I’m doing it myself
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hi everyone , I have successfully submitted my Ds-160 form and the next available date for interview is March 10th when my date of travel is March 13th, can I go ahead to book it ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
ugomnaanny:
Hi everyone , I have successfully submitted my Ds-160 form and the next available date for interview is March 10th when my date of travel is March 13th, can I go ahead to book it ?

Please can you put me through how you got your visa fee paid and how I can get mine paid please I need a guideline please thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2023
damkanlinsin:

Please can you put me through how you got your visa fee paid and how I can get mine paid please I need a guideline please thank you
Oh! I used my master card to pay, I’m not applying from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Thank you so much
ugomnaanny:

Oh! I used my master card to pay, I’m not applying from Nigeria

Anyone who applied from Nigeria should please help and put me through oo. Please oooo it’s you people who said we should not patronize agent we should do it ourself please help me oo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
damkanlinsin:
Thank you so much

Anyone who applied from Nigeria should please help and put me through oo. Please oooo it’s you people who said we should not patronize agent we should do it ourself please help me oo
You can pay via GTBank mobile app(GTWorld).

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2023
damkanlinsin:

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Step 2
Pay visa fees (GTB online or walk into branch or other banks***)
Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

You will only see option of checking dates after Step 1 and 2 are completed.

Please take your time to fill the DS160. Don’t rush. Use 3 days or more.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2023
fkj950ax:

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
Step 2
Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this alot. Thanks alot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ahuoyiza93: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Hi everyone
My daughters interview a 2 years old is coming up in couple of weeks (first time applicant)
I do have a valid visa
Any idea what I should look out for?
I would appreciate your inputs
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LordeCalifornia: 12:04am On Sep 08, 2023
Please in step 2, what is the current cost for visa fee in Naira?

fkj950ax:

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
Step 2
Step 3

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:31am On Sep 08, 2023
LordeCalifornia:
Please in step 2, what is the current cost for visa fee in Naira?

I don’t know.
It is determined by what the banks or FX markets says it is on the day you want to pay the $185
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rubysugar(f): 6:05am On Sep 08, 2023
janda1:

Hello sir, I really need your advice I came from my a average family and the student route is very expensive

I would have optin for poland but it's hard to get date , people who applied last year as not gotten date yet

I want to try USA visiting visa because I don't have the money for students route

I have family over there,

Sir what's your intake on me going for visiting visa because I don't have intentions of coming back to Nigeria

I really need your advice because I want to start the process

Pls let's chat. I want to tell you something
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mayor2505: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2023
@janda 1 pls can we chat privately, I also have the same problem you having, would you mind if we can share Ideas concerning it

janda1:

Hello sir, I really need your advice I came from my a average family and the student route is very expensive

I would have optin for poland but it's hard to get date , people who applied last year as not gotten date yet

I want to try USA visiting visa because I don't have the money for students route

I have family over there,

Sir what's your intake on me going for visiting visa because I don't have intentions of coming back to Nigeria

I really need your advice because I want to start the process
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by janda1: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2023
Rubysugar:

Pls let's chat. I want to tell you something

Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by janda1: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
Mayor2505:
@janda 1 pls can we chat privately, I also have the same problem you having, would you mind if we can share Ideas concerning it

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2023
janda1:

070xxxxxxxx
One of the not too recent changes in the DS160 is listing your social media accounts.
These are known as social identifiers. The most effective and direct identifier in society is your phone number.

You go as far as making your phone number publicly available after stating the fact you plan to abuse the visa if and when you get it.

I don’t know if it’s true VO’s are on NL, but there is enough tech in the world today crawling and gathering data to get things like this.

Don’t get yourself flagged. It may be when you want to adjust status this will show up and you blame village people.

There is an example of a popular fraudster who got unmasked from a NL posting investigators used to link his true identity.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by janda1: 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2023
fkj950ax:

One of the not too recent changes in the DS160 is listing your social media accounts.
These are known as social identifiers. The most effective and direct identifier in society is your phone number.

You go as far as making your phone number publicly available after stating the fact you plan to abuse the visa if and when you get it.

I don’t know if it’s true VO’s are on NL, but there is enough tech in the world today crawling and gathering data to get things like this.

Don’t get yourself flagged. It may be when you want to adjust status this will show up and you blame village people.

There is an example of a popular fraudster who got unmasked from a NL posting investigators used to link his true identity.

So sorry sir/ma
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hello everyone good day please I got this message after inputting the payment MRV number. I haven’t picked date yet anyway. Please is this right I just want to be sure I have finish filling my DS160 form already.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rubysugar(f): 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
damkanlinsin:
Hello everyone good day please I got this message after inputting the payment MRV number. I haven’t picked date yet anyway. Please is this right I just want to be sure I have finish filling my DS160 form already.

I got same message on Wednesday trying to get a date for my mom and next morning Thursday I got another message that I can now pick a date

So, fret not! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: cutelass and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.