Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926876 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shanid(m): 5:43am On Dec 27, 2023
Hi everyone,
As a US citizen, what supporting documents are required for me to invite my aged parents to the United States from Nigeria? Both are retired but Mum has a business.
Please, advise me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2023
Shanid:
Hi everyone,
As a US citizen, what supporting documents are required for me to invite my aged parents to the United States from Nigeria? Both are retired but Mum has a business.
Please, advise me.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Have it in mind that even if your parents are able to receive their 5-years tourist visas, they are only allowed to stay in the United States for a maximum of six months at a time.

WHAT YOU WILL PROVIDE TO YOUR PARENTS
==============

1. Strong emotional , and reasonable Invitation Letter .

2. The letter should have the names of your parents and their relationship with you.

3. The letter should state the Purpose of their visit like tourism, graduation ceremony, wedding , etc.

4. The letter should include dates of their stay with the approximate length of visit.

5. Attach Scanned copy of your Identity card or Passport.

6. Attach your evidence of means of financial subsistence.

7. Attach your Proof of homeownership or rental contracts.

8. Attach an itinerary of the planned visit (optional).

9. Attach documentation of your time off from work for their visit.

PS:. YOU CAN DHL THE ABOVE in order to look authentic and original . Use your handwriting in the letter and date sign (optional).

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thytechguy: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
Pls my Ds-160 has been saying "matching not found" whereby I have already use the number to book my appointment, what can I do to rectify the issue?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2023
Thytechguy:
Pls my Ds-160 has been saying "matching not found" whereby I have already use the number to book my appointment, what can I do to rectify the issue?

Hey ๐Ÿค 

You can fill DS 160 as many time as you want but with the following necessary condition ;

1. Fill another DS 160 .

2. Login to your CGI profile and click on update -profile. Input your new DS 160 in the bio data page and then click save, and log out .

3. Login back to your CGI page after 48 hours , click on Appointment confirmation..and print a new confirmation out..

4. The new appointment confirmation you printed out will display your new DS 160 number . Take both new DS 160 confirmation page and the new Printout of your Appointment confirmation to the embassy.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 1:19am On Dec 28, 2023
Thytechguy:

Have you resolved this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 1:20am On Dec 28, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

You can fill DS 160 as many time as you want but with the following necessary condition ;

1. Fill another DS 160 .

2. Login to your CGI profile and click on update -profile. Input your new DS 160 in the bio data page and then click save, and log out .

3. Login back to your CGI page after 48 hours , click on Appointment confirmation..and print a new confirmation out..

4. The new appointment confirmation you printed out will display your new DS 160 number . Take both new DS 160 confirmation page and the new Printout of your Appointment confirmation to the embassy.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Is filling out a new DS160 going to affect the interview date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 1:23am On Dec 28, 2023
damkanlinsin:
Please I need a very good immigration lawyer that can appeal a refusal.

Immigration lawyer cannot overturn the decision of the VO. Donโ€™t waste your money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 1:25am On Dec 28, 2023
DrHippocampus:
Hi everyone. Good evening.

My visa application was completed sometime in May 2023, and I got at appointment for February 2024. I read somewhere that if your application is > 6 months from your initial submission, it becomes invalid. Please how true is this statement? Do I really have to fill another DS 160 form? Hope this wouldn't affect my date if I do.

In anticipation of a response

Thatโ€™s not true

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 4:40am On Dec 28, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. Fill another DS 160 .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Boss, should I retrieve my D160, and create a new one.

Or

Can I fill one without retrieving the existing one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 8bliss: 6:16am On Dec 28, 2023
Hello everyone. Kindly assist.
I submitted My B1 visa application MID Dec 2023, and was on the look out to be placed on visa interview appointment.
My intended conference participation is billed for march 2024.
The dashboard to pick available dates keeps displaying available interview dates and slots beginning from Jan 2025.
I kept checking up for a possible reversal of dates, but noticed the dates keeps going forward. January 2025 slots got completely filled, and moved into February 2025.
I had to pick a date in February 2025. Meanwhile its not valid for my intended trip.
Someone told me I should have waited for 10days after applying for interview schedule before finally picking up a date. How true is that?
Are there any options on the dashboard I can get to reschedule my interview dates to 2024 dates favourable to my intention.

Thank you for your guidance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2023
Ajalalomo:

Boss, should I retrieve my D160, and create a new one.

Or

Can I fill one without retrieving the existing one.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

@Ajalalomo thanks but God is the over all boss .

**** Filling out another DS 160 will not affect your present interview appointment date because you are not tampering or doing anything with that section in your CGI profile .

***** If you have lost your previous DS 160 which you have finally submitted or which you have not submitted but cannot retrieve again then FILL ANOTHER ONE or continue where you stopped if you can retrieve the old one you were filling .

***""" You can fill DS 160 as many time as you want but follow the following guidelines .....

1. Fill another DS 160 because you must go to the embassy with your DS 160 confirmation page .

2. After that, login into your CGI profile and click on update profile , input the new DS 160 confirmation number and click save , then log out of your CGI.

3. Log back into your CGI page after 48 hrs to print out another Visa Appointment letter . The appointment letter would have auto-update itself which will display your new DS 160 number .

4. The above process has not tampered with your present Appointment . You only inputted the new DS 160 confirmation number in your CGI profile and update it.

5. The US embassy wants some CRUTIAL DOCUMENTS (travel passport , MRV receipt ds 160 etc) numbers to tally with each others when presenting it to them in order to avoid confusion .

PS: The above is what you are supposed to do naturally . But if there is no time then call the CGI help line .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 6:52am On Dec 28, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

@Ajalalomo thanks but God is the over all boss .

**** Filling out another DS 160 will not affect your present interview appointment date because you are not tampering or doing anything with that section in your CGI profile .

***** If you have lost your previous DS 160 which you have finally submitted or which you have not submitted but cannot retrieve again then FILL ANOTHER ONE or continue where you stopped if you can retrieve the old one you were filling .

***""" You can fill DS 160 as many time as you want but follow the following guidelines .....

1. Fill another DS 160 because you must go to the embassy with your DS 160 confirmation page .

2. After that, login into your CGI profile and click on update profile , input the new DS 160 confirmation number and click save , then log out of your CGI.

3. Log back into your CGI page after 48 hrs to print out another Visa Appointment letter . The appointment letter would have auto-update itself which will display your new DS 160 number .

4. The above process has not tampered with your present Appointment . You only inputted the new DS 160 confirmation number in your CGI profile and update it.

5. The US embassy wants some CRUTIAL DOCUMENTS (travel passport , MRV receipt ds 160 etc) numbers to tally with each others when presenting it to them in order to avoid confusion .

PS: The above is what you are supposed to do naturally . But if there is no time then call the CGI help line .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

For the CGI profile, I logged in to the website below and added the new DS160 number, but the passport number cannot be edited.

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com/ApplicantHome

Please, how can I edit the passport number?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2023
Ajalalomo:

For the CGI profile, I logged in to the website below and added the new DS160 number, but the passport number cannot be edited.

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com/ApplicantHome

Please, how can I edit the passport number?

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1 .Login back to your CGI profile , click on feedback and attach your new passport bio-data page as well as your MRV payment receipt (Merge it together as PDF document) with the explanations that you want to be making use of the new passport number .

2. Also Call the CGI helpline verbally to explain this.

3. If they update it on your behalf then reprint your appointment confirmation letter so that it will carry the new passport number , IF THEY HESITATE , attend your interview with both OLD AND NEW PASSPORTS .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1 .Login back to your CGI profile , click on feedback and attach your new passport bio-data page as well as your MRV payment receipt (Merge it together as PDF document) with the explanations that you want to be making use of the new passport number .

2. Also Call the CGI helpline verbally to explain this.

3. If they update it on your behalf then reprint your appointment confirmation letter so that it will carry the new passport number , IF THEY HESITATE , attend your interview with both OLD AND NEW PASSPORTS .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:40am On Dec 28, 2023
8bliss:
Hello everyone. Kindly assist.
I submitted My B1 visa application MID Dec 2023, and was on the look out to be placed on visa interview appointment.
My intended conference participation is billed for march 2024.
The dashboard to pick available dates keeps displaying available interview dates and slots beginning from Jan 2025.
I kept checking up for a possible reversal of dates, but noticed the dates keeps going forward. January 2025 slots got completely filled, and moved into February 2025.
I had to pick a date in February 2025. Meanwhile its not valid for my intended trip.
Someone told me I should have waited for 10days after applying for interview schedule before finally picking up a date. How true is that?
Are there any options on the dashboard I can get to reschedule my interview dates to 2024 dates favourable to my intention.

Thank you for your guidance.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

The person that said you should have waited for 10 days might be right or wrong but in either case , the ONLY AVENUE that will eventually transport you to your desired date is through the EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT.

*** For now till like end of January 2024 , keep using the option of reschedule Appointment and keep praying may be you might be on luck and get a nearer date .

***** By 1st week of February 2024 , quickly apply for the Emergency Appointment and pray that your request is granted .

1. Naturally , Emergency Appointment request is the NEW WISDOM the US embassy is using in order to scrutinize the inflow of travelers into America ...THANKS TO COVID 19 ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. To qualify for emergency Appointment, you must fall under one of these categories ... STUDY , BUSINESS & MEDICAL .

3. Your own conference falls under Business and therefore , the conference organizers must indicate in their invitation letter to you that if you do not attend the conference it will affect their organisation or conference activities . They may even email the US embassy from their end on your behalf . If your invitation letter does not indicate you as a strong attendee , your Emergency request may not be granted .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Viviebas98: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hello everyone. Please kindly assist

I applied for B1/B2 visa Nov 2022 and my interview is scheduled for February 2024. When I applied I didnโ€™t include my son because he wasnโ€™t born yet. So now that he has been born and my interview is next year how can I include him in my application.

Will I need to just refill the DS160 form and update it on my existing application?

Please I need your response.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

She had the appointment made on the former passport right?
Take both passports to the embassy on your interview date and thatโ€™s all.

@debbieeeeeee, you are right.

I contacted the US embassy concerning the passport renewal after the DS160 submission.

The solution to this is to go with both passports. No other way to do this because they stated that personal information cannot be edited.

See the contents of the email I received from the US embassy below:

Please note that we cannot make any changes or updates to your personal information once an MRV receipt has been associated with your profile.

Applicants are advised to carefully enter their personal and biographical information exactly as it appears on their passport, as MRV fees are non-refundable and non-transferable from one applicant to another.

In addition, you may bring with you the new and the old passport on your interview appointment date.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

@newboykhashoggi
@ajalomo
@fkj950ax

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2023
Viviebas98:
Hello everyone. Please kindly assist

I applied for B1/B2 visa Nov 2022 and my interview is scheduled for February 2024. When I applied I didnโ€™t include my son because he wasnโ€™t born yet. So now that he has been born and my interview is next year how can I include him in my application.

Will I need to just refill the DS160 form and update it on my existing application?

Please I need your response.
Thank you

Hey ๐Ÿค 

A man stands on one side of a river , his dog on the other (brain teaser).

1. Naturally , your Visa Interview Appointment letter must indicate any accompanying family member , therefore it seems you will have to cancel your present appointment and re apply ( not 100% sure ).

2. Aside of the above scenario , you need to Fill DS 160 for the baby and date sign on his behalf .

3. You need to pay an MRV visa fee for him as a human being who also needs a US visa.

4. After that , re-login to your CGI and book a new appointment ... There is a space where you will click DEPENDENT ' and add him as your accompanying person .

OR
=====

5. Pay his visa fee . Fill his DS 160. Copy of his travel passport ... Join everything together as PDF and email the embassy via your FEEDBACK option in your CGI profile ..

6. Call the CGI helpline and seek their opinion (Your best option ).

OR
=====

7. Attend your interview and submit the baby's visa application during your own interview ( The Consular officer might ask you to bring the baby)

8. Get your visa first and apply for the baby's visa later . The baby's visa will be 90% easier the moment you got yours because he has to drink milk from his mom ๐Ÿ˜Š

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

@debbieeeeeee, you are right.

I contacted the US embassy concerning the passport renewal after the DS160 submission.

The solution to this is to go with both passports. No other way to do this because they stated that personal information cannot be edited.

See the contents of the email I received from the US embassy below:

Please note that we cannot make any changes or updates to your personal information once an MRV receipt has been associated with your profile.

Applicants are advised to carefully enter their personal and biographical information exactly as it appears on their passport, as MRV fees are non-refundable and non-transferable from one applicant to another.

In addition, you may bring with you the new and the old passport on your interview appointment date.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

@newboykhashoggi
@ajalomo
@fkj950ax

Thank you sir for updating the house, teacher Oko take note and stop dishing out wrong advise on this thread as per usual. I no dey respond to village teacher again.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Thank you sir for updating the house, teacher Oko take note and stop dishing out wrong advise on this thread as per usual. I no dey respond to village teacher again.

Lol at teacher Oko!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
If you have not left the shores of your house to Walter Carrington or Diplomatic Drive, do not come here and be misinforming people!

This is for all the epistle writers here. Take note!!

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 8bliss: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
@NewBoyKhashoggi. thank you sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
hunee:
If you have not left the shores of your house to Walter Carrington or Diplomatic Drive, do not come here and be misinforming people!

This is for all the epistle writers here. Take note!!
Please help me add received an approval in Caps. Because this thread has been horribly derailed tbvh and with foolishly false information most of the time. I pity who dey collect epistle information without calling customer service.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thytechguy: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ajalalomo:

Have you resolved this?

Yes Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jinkz: 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hi Folks, I know this may have been treated before but I have read multiple pages without finding it.

I filled in Lagos during DS-160 as where I will interview but got a closer date in abuja so scheduled my interview for Abuja. Is this allowed or I have to stick to Lagos?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
jinkz:
Hi Folks, I know this may have been treated before but I have read multiple pages without finding it.

I filled in Lagos during DS-160 as where I will interview but got a closer date in abuja so scheduled my interview for Abuja. Is this allowed or I have to stick to Lagos?
Fill another ds-160 and input location as Abuja Nigeria so as to match with your Abuja appointment date on your CGI profile , call customer service to update your appointment profile with the new ds-160 confirmation number.
Since this issue has never come up on this thread to the best of my knowledge and on a lighter note grin you can try to attend the interview like that and feed us back on the outcome at least itโ€™ll be a precedent grin
Please donโ€™t take this advice because dates are scarce.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
jinkz:

I filled Lagos during DS-160
Scheduled my interview for Abuja. Is this allowed or I have to stick to Lagos?

Debbieeeeeee:

Fill another ds-160 and input location as Abuja Nigeria so as to match with your Abuja appointment date on your CGI profile , call customer service to update your appointment

Sounds very plausible!
๐Ÿ‘
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
jinkz:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Yes your questions has not only been treated before , it has been treated several times. If it has not been treated before HOW WILL ANYONE KNOWS THE ANSWER ?

1. You have received COMMON ANSWER which is 10 + 10 = 20 . Let me give you another permutation that is 15 + 5 = 20.

2. Fill another DS 160 and pick Abuja as your new location , after that . Call the CGI as usual but IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CALL CARD OR YOUR PHONE GOT LOST or CGI HELP LINE IS NOT CONNECTING .....

3. Log into your CGI profile , click on Update profile , input your new DS 160 confirmation number in the appropriate place and click save . After 2 days (48hrs) . Log in back into your CGI profile and print out another visa appointment letter which will display your new DS 160.

4. Even , if you call the CGI helpline , they will still ask you to log into your CGI profile and print another visa appointment letter because your appointment letter MUST DISPLAY the confirmation number of the NEW DS 160 you are taking to the embassy .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
8bliss:
@NewBoyKhashoggi. thank you sir.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

All glory to God. The Lord gives wisdom , out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding .. Book of proverbs .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fikkyville(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
I AM on this also all i am seeing is 2025 should i chhose first then reschedule later ?
Wumi261:

Good morning @NewBoy... Please, I need your advice, I am searching for an appointment date for Spring 2024 intake and I am running out of time. Should o choose the one available and opt for emergency date afterwards?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fikkyville:
I AM on this also all i am seeing is 2025 should i chhose first then reschedule later ?

Hey ๐Ÿค 

If this is your first attempt , yes chose any date you see first and keep looking out for Reschedule option opportunity or apply for the emergency appointment straight away ..BUT YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SEVIS PAYMENT receipt and Form 120 handy . They should grant your request as a first timer .

2. If you have applied before , still chose any date you see and keep using your Reschedule option till you see any date in the year 2024...DO NOT USE YOUR EMERGENCY OPTION YET ( as a 2nd timer)... If you do not see your favourable date by the 1st week of January then defer your enrollment and request for another Form I 20 against fall 2024. You will still have the emergency option in your CGI to use for your fall 2024 entry .

3. In all, doing everything appropriately is the best solution .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jokky001: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
Scam! Scam! Scam!!! Appeal is not allowed
Abubakarolat:

First and foremost it's allowed to appeal but make sure Al your documents are Intact and genuine and also try and get a good lawyer even though I can refer one to you

But note : thera alot of scammers and fake agent , claiming to be travel agent please be careful

Incase you need some of the visa application documents like flight reservation, hotel reservation, travel health insurance , cover letter writing and appointment date I can be of help as this is where most people fall in the hand of the fake agent

Please help to forward in other for people not to fall a victim of fake agent again cause it's not easy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Bubblefairy(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.