Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926789 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
Wumi261:

Good morning @NewBoy... Please, I need your advice, I am searching for an appointment date for Spring 2024 intake and I am running out of time. Should o choose the one available and opt for emergency date afterwards?

Hey 🀠

If this is your first attempt , yes chose any date you see first and keep looking out for Reschedule option opportunity or apply for the emergency appointment straight away ..BUT YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SEVIS PAYMENT receipt and Form 120 handy . They should grant your request as a first timer .

2. If you have applied before , still chose any date you see and keep using your Reschedule option till you see any date in the year 2024...DO NOT USE YOUR EMERGENCY OPTION YET ( as a 2nd timer)... If you do not see your favourable date by the 1st week of January then defer your enrollment and request for another Form I 20 against fall 2024. You will still have the emergency option in your CGI to use for your fall 2024 entry .

3. In all, doing everything appropriately is the best solution .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sonicroyel: 2:16am On Dec 30, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

1. Yes , the travel passport validity rule is 6-Months , therefore they won't allow Mama in.

2. Why not Reschedule her appointment and allow Mama to enjoy Xmas and New Year in Nigeria ?

3. If Mama must attend by ALL MEANS then go back to passport office and explain to them, she will get her passport before then but na pocket ooooo 😊

Best Wishes πŸ™

Good morning sir I'd like to have a conversation with you regarding few things but I'm clueless on how to contact u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:33am On Dec 30, 2023
Sonicroyel:

Good morning sir I'd like to have a conversation with you regarding few things but I'm clueless on how to contact u

Hey 🀠

Check my signature or leave your email or cell #. I will reach out .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jinkz: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Fill another ds-160 and input location as Abuja Nigeria so as to match with your Abuja appointment date on your CGI profile , call customer service to update your appointment profile with the new ds-160 confirmation number.
Since this issue has never come up on this thread to the best of my knowledge and on a lighter note grin you can try to attend the interview like that and feed us back on the outcome at least it’ll be a precedent grin
Please don’t take this advice because dates are scarce.

Thanks Boss.
I am currently in the US, and just coming for restamping hence I booked Abuja not to waste too much time. Dates are available as 24 calendar days for my visa type in Lagos, however I cannot afford to help you test this last advice cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jinkz: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

Yes your questions has not only been treated before , it has been treated several times. If it has not been treated before HOW WILL ANYONE KNOWS THE ANSWER ?

1. You have received COMMON ANSWER which is 10 + 10 = 20 . Let me give you another permutation that is 15 + 5 = 20.

2. Fill another DS 160 and pick Abuja as your new location , after that . Call the CGI as usual but IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CALL CARD OR YOUR PHONE GOT LOST or CGI HELP LINE IS NOT CONNECTING .....

3. Log into your CGI profile , click on Update profile , input your new DS 160 confirmation number in the appropriate place and click save . After 2 days (48hrs) . Log in back into your CGI profile and print out another visa appointment letter which will display your new DS 160.

4. Even , if you call the CGI helpline , they will still ask you to log into your CGI profile and print another visa appointment letter because your appointment letter MUST DISPLAY the confirmation number of the NEW DS 160 you are taking to the embassy .

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thanks, I have done this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
jinkz:

Thanks, I have done this.

Hey 🀠

Its my pleasure . You 're welcome.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jbab: 1:41am On Dec 31, 2023
Abubakarolat:
Bro you should always fear God concerning what you will say about other people publicly

I always know and believe there is always way to appeal for many European countries under Schengen zone and was also thinking same applies to other countries

Have I ever scammed you or anyone that you've known before so why just all of a sudden call me scammer.

No one knows it all , you are only supposed to correct me na

@AbubakarOlat.
The reason for his comment is you sound like one of the contributors with little knowledge of the topic or a scammer. If your area of specialization is Shenghen and UK Visa while not stick to it instead of advising wrongly on the US platform without any meaningful research about the subject of discussion. You are not a scammer though but you are not adequately informed about the US Visa. Moreover you are using the opportunity to promote your private business which is against the rules of engagement on the platform. Will you refund the money paid to you if their call for visa appeals were rejected or you keep making money from their Ignorant because some readers will keep contacting you for their US visa refusal appeals if not for the disclaimer from some of the contributors here . It is for your good to be careful of your comments else your opinions might not be valid here again.

l
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shanid(m): 3:57am On Dec 31, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

Have it in mind that even if your parents are able to receive their 5-years tourist visas, they are only allowed to stay in the United States for a maximum of six months at a time.

WHAT YOU WILL PROVIDE TO YOUR PARENTS
==============

1. Strong emotional , and reasonable Invitation Letter .

2. The letter should have the names of your parents and their relationship with you.

3. The letter should state the Purpose of their visit like tourism, graduation ceremony, wedding , etc.

4. The letter should include dates of their stay with the approximate length of visit.

5. Attach Scanned copy of your Identity card or Passport.

6. Attach your evidence of means of financial subsistence.

7. Attach your Proof of homeownership or rental contracts.

8. Attach an itinerary of the planned visit (optional).

9. Attach documentation of your time off from work for their visit.

PS:. YOU CAN DHL THE ABOVE in order to look authentic and original . Use your handwriting in the letter and date sign (optional).

Best Wishes πŸ™
Thank you so much, I appreciate you. Is it necessary for them to show bank statement if I will be responsible for all expenses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 4:17am On Dec 31, 2023
It took my mom about a month.
She submitted her application 3rd week in June, scheduled her passport drop off for 2nd week in July and was notified to pick up her passport a week after she dropped it off.

M
JohnZak:
Hi everyone,

I want to renew my mum’s B1/B2 US visa. Her current B1/B2 visa expires soon so she qualifies for IW. I would like to know how long it takes to get an IW date after her application is submitted. Does anyone have any idea based on their own experience? Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:59am On Dec 31, 2023
Shanid:

Thank you so much, I appreciate you. Is it necessary for them to show bank statement if I will be responsible for all expenses.

Hey 🀠

Its my pleasure .

1. Since you are the one covering their whole expenses , including to and fro flight tickets , and other unexpected spendings then you are giving your parents FULL SCHOLARSHIPS 😊 which is very reasonable as a biological son .

2. Ipso facto, you must send your Financial Sponsorship Documents (bank statement , bank letter , loan agreement , etc) , and proof of regular income to them. THEY DO NOT NEED TO USE THEIR BANK STATEMENT. *** Aside this , the probability that they will ask them financial evidence from sponsor (You) is 40 / 60 because 2 adult dependents are coming to spend approximately 6 Months with you in America .

3. However , Your invitation letter must carry the weight , their DS 160s must be consistent , they should also proof ties to Nigeria , as well as good health . No matter how rich you are in America , Consular officer will still count them as intending immigrants.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by gambia(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Hello people,

Please I just applied for a visa appointment date, but I'm yet to get a feedback. Please how long does it take?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jokky001: 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
A public posting should only be made after you have confirmed and are certain.
Abubakarolat:
Bro you should always fear God concerning what you will say about other people publicly

I always know and believe there is always way to appeal for many European countries under Schengen zone and was also thinking same applies to other countries

Have I ever scammed you or anyone that you've known before so why just all of a sudden call me scammer.

No one knows it all , you are only supposed to correct me na

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fikkyville(m): 11:21am On Jan 01
thank you so much for your response this is my first attempt and i am going as a visitor/tourist i have choose the first date in 2025 as u suggested and i will keep using the reschedule option hopefully .but pls as a visitor can i also use the emergency appointment or is this only for students ?thank you
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

If this is your first attempt , yes chose any date you see first and keep looking out for Reschedule option opportunity or apply for the emergency appointment straight away ..BUT YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SEVIS PAYMENT receipt and Form 120 handy . They should grant your request as a first timer .

2. If you have applied before , still chose any date you see and keep using your Reschedule option till you see any date in the year 2024...DO NOT USE YOUR EMERGENCY OPTION YET ( as a 2nd timer)... If you do not see your favourable date by the 1st week of January then defer your enrollment and request for another Form I 20 against fall 2024. You will still have the emergency option in your CGI to use for your fall 2024 entry .

3. In all, doing everything appropriately is the best solution .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01
Fikkyville:
thank you so much for your response this is my first attempt and i am going as a visitor/tourist i have choose the first date in 2025 as u suggested and i will keep using the reschedule option hopefully .but pls as a visitor can i also use the emergency appointment or is this only for students ?thank you

Hey 🀠

I am awfully sorry !! I thought i was responding in the Study Visa section ....Thank God for your feed back . Sorry again for the Mix Up πŸ™„

1. All the same, the procedure to schedule any US Visa Appointment nowadays is a mathematical policy ( same thing ). But to qualify for an emergency Appointment , you must fall under STUDY , MEDICAL and BUSINESS .

2. Yours fall under BUSINESS & PLEASURE but what you are going for must be very very important and that importancy must be displayed in your invitation letter which you will use to request for your Emergency Appointment .

3. As a Visitor , you can request for your emergency Appointment up to 3 months before your planned travel . But once again , if you are visiting someone or attending a conference or wedding or any ceremony , the people or organisation you re visiting must write a CONVINCING INVITATION LETTER to you .

4. B1/B2 Emergency Visa appointment under Business and pleasure ( like yours ) is kind of harder to get .... Unlike B1/B2 under Medical or F1 Study visa . But it is achievable if you follow the normal norms .

If i know what you are going for and your planned date of travel, then i may give further insight .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fikkyville(m): 5:01pm On Jan 01
NewBoyKhashoggi:

thank you so much so sorry for stressing you ,i am just going for visit/tourist my friend wanted to send me an invite just to visit him and his family and he has stated it in the online form. thank you once again ..GOD bless you

Hey 🀠

I am awfully sorry !! I thought i was responding in the Study Visa section ....Thank God for your feed back . Sorry again for the Mix Up πŸ™„

1. All the same, the procedure to schedule any US Visa Appointment nowadays is a mathematical policy ( same thing ). But to qualify for an emergency Appointment , you must fall under STUDY , MEDICAL and BUSINESS .

2. Yours fall under BUSINESS & PLEASURE but what you are going for must be very very important and that importancy must be displayed in your invitation letter which you will use to request for your Emergency Appointment .

3. As a Visitor , you can request for your emergency Appointment up to 3 months before your planned travel . But once again , if you are visiting someone or attending a conference or wedding or any ceremony , the people or organisation you re visiting must write a CONVINCING INVITATION LETTER to you .

4. B1/B2 Emergency Visa appointment under Business and pleasure ( like yours ) is kind of harder to get .... Unlike B1/B2 under Medical or F1 Study visa . But it is achievable if you follow the normal norms .

If i know what you are going for and your planned date of travel, then i may give further insight .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01
[quote author=Fikkyville post=127730381][/quote]

Hey 🀠

1. You are just going for fun and pleasure 😊. I doubt the success of your emergency Appointment .

2. Anyways . Ask your friend to write the invitation letter convincingly. With God all things are possible .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JohnZak: 6:28pm On Jan 01
Thanks so much for this information. Very helpful. I appreciate it!

BlessedABee:
It took my mom about a month.
She submitted her application 3rd week in June, scheduled her passport drop off for 2nd week in July and was notified to pick up her passport a week after she dropped it off.

M
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 11:39am On Jan 02
Good morning my good ppl
Pls how do I do POF Prove of founds for family visiting
Is it under most I most provide it?

ND my in-law that am visiting ll he write befor I apply or after I apply thank u all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 11:45am On Jan 02
ND my in-law that am visiting ll he write befor I apply or after I apply thank u all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02
Shemadex:
Good morning my good ppl
Pls how do I do POF Prove of founds for family visiting.

Hey 🀠

1. How to do Proof of Funds as a visitor going to the United States with his family is to show a bank statement in your name or your sponsor's name showing balance of account .

2. Yes, it is under a must for you to show or proof beyond reasonable doubts to the Consular officer that you or your sponsor have more than enough money to spend in the United States during your short visit .

3. Your in-law that you are visiting must write an INVITATION LETTER to you . That invitation letter is what you will tender to the US embassy or the Consular officer as evidence of the fact that your in-law is the one who invited you over for a short holiday . The Invitation letter should be the first thing to have in your hand before other process . Some may say it's optional but to me the letter is important .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

1. How to do Proof of Funds as a visitor going to the United States with his family is to show a bank statement in your name or your sponsor's name showing balance of account .

2. Yes, it is under a must for you to show or proof beyond reasonable doubts to the Consular officer that you or your sponsor have more than enough money to spend in the United States during your short visit .

3. Your in-law that you are visiting must write an INVITATION LETTER to you . That invitation letter is what you will tender to the US embassy or the Consular officer as evidence of the fact that your in-law is the one who invited you over for a short holiday . The Invitation letter should be the first thing to have in your hand before other process . Some may say it's optional but to me the letter is important .

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thank you sir I really appreciate you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02
Hello so sorry to disturb here my ppl

Pls how do I kwn who is the primary applicant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 7:16pm On Jan 02
Hello everyone pls
How do I know who is primary applicant on my family application pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 7:17pm On Jan 02
Bros dem no de check bank statements and invitation letter for Visiting. They'll not even ask. It holds no water
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

Best Wishes πŸ™

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 9:25pm On Jan 02
Bros, It's my seventh year on this US travel thread, not one person has ever said they were asked for an invitation letter. An invitation letter holds no substance as anyone could write it for anyone. I was at the US embassy twice before I got my visa the third time, not one person was asked for an invitation letter even though more than forty people were interviewed on each of my visit.

You'd be asked for documents if applying for a study or medical visa. They do not ask for any doc for visiting. Quote me anywhere
ArinzeAminuBOYS:

HALLO !

@Opeyemi007. Are you working in the US embassy or how do you know or what makes you think that they won't ask for bank statement. ? Why do you people like to mislead prospective applicants with your over confidence ?

The person that is going on a visiting visa does not need an invitation letter so what is the evidence that such a person is being invited ?

What is the meaning of It Holds no water ? Are you a staff @ the US embassy ? Why did you not give solution to the original poster ? Foolish notice me.

HAVE A NICE DAY .

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 9:29pm On Jan 02
Also, You type like the "other person." Stupid agents
ArinzeAminuBOYS:

HALLO !

@Opeyemi007. Are you working in the US embassy or how do you know or what makes you think that they won't ask for bank statement. ? Why do you people like to mislead prospective applicants with your over confidence ?

The person that is going on a visiting visa does not need an invitation letter so what is the evidence that such a person is being invited ?

What is the meaning of It Holds no water ? Are you a staff @ the US embassy ? Why did you not give solution to the original poster ? Foolish notice me.

HAVE A NICE DAY .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:50pm On Jan 02
Opeyemi007:
Also, You type like the "other person." Stupid agents
He made a mistake. He didn’t mean to use this account to type the response to you. It’s the same agent using both accounts.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:03pm On Jan 02
Shemadex:
Good morning my good ppl
Pls how do I do POF Prove of founds for family visiting

For a Visit Visa, you don't need to provide evidence of "Proof of Funds".
The onus lies on you in your application and interview to convince the VO you will return to Nigeria after the visit; your ties to Nigeria is strong enough to compel you to return.
It is only when the VO totally questions the integrity of your profile they will ask for Proof of Funds (once in a blue moon) - but if for any reason your application gets to that point, the VOs just denies your application - less paperwork and stress.
Proof of Funds is bank statement. For Visit Visa, you don't need to provide it like you need for Education or Health applications.
Nigerians are also proficient at forging bank statements or borrowing funds to dump in accounts and print statements, so the embassies don't even want to deal with anything like bank statement for visit visa.
Concerning invitation letter by your in-laws, its not necessary. The DS160 covers that. Who are you visiting? Whats your relationship? etc
There is nowhere to upload invitation letter. you cant email it, and at your interview, they wont collect it from you to read.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02
Opeyemi007:
Bros dem no de check bank statements and invitation letter for Visiting. They'll not even ask. It holds no water
thank you sir

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02
fkj950ax:

For a Visit Visa, you don't need to provide evidence of "Proof of Funds".
The onus lies on you in your application and interview to convince the VO you will return to Nigeria after the visit; your ties to Nigeria is strong enough to compel you to return.
It is only when the VO totally questions the integrity of your profile they will ask for Proof of Funds (once in a blue moon) - but if for any reason your application gets to that point, the VOs just denies your application - less paperwork and stress.
Proof of Funds is bank statement. For Visit Visa, you don't need to provide it like you need for Education or Health applications.
Nigerians are also proficient at forging bank statements or borrowing funds to dump in accounts and print statements, so the embassies don't even want to deal with anything like bank statement for visit visa.
Concerning invitation letter by your in-laws, its not necessary. The DS160 covers that. Who are you visiting? Whats your relationship? etc
There is nowhere to upload invitation letter. you cant email it, and at your interview, they wont collect it from you to read.
thank you sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.