Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,459 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (944666 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by habig1: 11:49am On Jan 14
Dear Everyone,

I urgently seek your response regarding my mother's USA visa, which expired on June 12, 2020. I would like to ascertain if she still qualifies for an interview waiver, considering she has not yet paid the new visa fee. If she is eligible, is it possible for her to secure an appointment date before the interview waiver window expires? Your prompt and kind response would be greatly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 1:09pm On Jan 14
habig1:
Dear Everyone,

I urgently seek your response regarding my mother's USA visa, which expired on June 12, 2020. I would like to ascertain if she still qualifies for an interview waiver, considering she has not yet paid the new visa fee. If she is eligible, is it possible for her to secure an appointment date before the interview waiver window expires? Your prompt and kind response would be greatly appreciated.

1st page of this thread always has the link for us embassy site for Nigeria

Thats whee ypu can follow links that cover interviews
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by youngprince111(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14
Congratulations Bro.
jubrilar:
Thank you everyone....for all the tips on this platform. My visa has been approved.

Here is my script...

Me - Good morning
VO - Good morning

VO - your passport pls
Me -presented to her

VO - Why did you want to visit United States
Me -Visiting a friend and his family and also to visit Sept 11th memorial and museum.

VO - Oh...stated typing.
VO - What did you do
Me - I told her

VO - how long have you been doing the work
Me - since 2015

VO - typing....
VO - Are you married or single?
Me - I am married
VO - Do you have children?
Me - Yes
VO - How many?
Me - Two kids
VO - Typing.............
VO - Have you travel out of the country before?
Me - Yes
VO- Where have you been to?
VO - Checking my passport page by page
Me- Eye contact....
Me- I have been to South Africa, I have been to Ghana, I have been to United Kingdom
VO - You have Canada visa on your passport?
Me- Yes
Me- Me and my friend are planning to visit Niagara falls in Toronto, the site is 4 hours drive from my friends house in New York
VO - Are you with your previous passport?
Me- Yes, I have it here, I brought it out and give it to her
VO- She open the passport page by page

VO- typing...for like one minute.
VO- What is your wife occupation
Me - I told her
VO- Are you travel alone or with your family?
Me- I am traveling alone
VO- typing..
VO- Do you have anybody in Uk
Me- No
VO- keep my passport and gave me white papa...pick your passport with the visa at your DHL selection
Me - Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 2:48pm On Jan 14
Travel history more often aids one application. Big one and congratulations to you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 3:00pm On Jan 14
jubrilar:
Thank you everyone....for all the tips on this platform. My visa has been approved.

Here is my script...

Me - Good morning
VO - Good morning

VO - your passport pls
Me -presented to her

Me -Visiting a friend and his family and also to visit Sept 11th memorial and museum.

VO - Oh...stated typing.
VO - What did you do
Me - I told her

Me - since 2015

VO - typing....
Me - I am married
Me - Yes
VO - How many?
Me - Two kids
VO - Typing.............
Me - Yes

Me- Eye contact....
Me- I have been to South Africa, I have been to Ghana, I have been to United Kingdom
Me- Yes
Me- Me and my friend are planning to visit Niagara falls in Toronto, the site is 4 hours drive from my friends house in New York

Me - I told her
Me- I am traveling alone
VO- typing..
Me- No
VO- keep my passport and gave me white papa...pick your passport with the visa at your DHL selection
Me - Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TeeD(m): 8:11pm On Jan 14
Apriltreasure:
Hello good evening, I need help here anyone who can please 🙏🏾 I been seeing this wonderful man for a year+ now, he is a US citizen and he wants me to come over to the us,, please how can I go about this?

There's a visa class for that, it's called the K1 visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TeeD(m): 8:13pm On Jan 14
Ferdinard266:
Good evening everyone,
My best friend who is in the US is getting married and he wants me to be his bestman. He wants to send an invitation but doesn’t know the documents required to send an invitation.
Please what documents do I need too for this to happen?

"bestman" come on, man. Find a better reason to travel to the US. If you were a VO, would you approve your own visa?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TeeD(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14
nnewsnjobs:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on the way to go about my visa application because I don't want the VO to see my application as being inconsistent or as if am not being straight forward.

My plan was to go for a seminar in my Field of study and experience. I filled DS160 for B1/B2 and applied for visa appointment date in 2022, I got date in August 2024, after trying many times to reschedule, I finally got May 2024 and I have no other option to reschedule so I have to stick with this date for my visa interview.

Now my challenge is that the seminar comes up ones in a year and this year own is coming up in March before my interview date which is in May 2024. So I will be going for my visa interview in May after the seminar for this year has been done with.

So my question is, when filling my new DS160 form and during the interview, what will my travel plans/purpose to the US now be?

1. Should I maintenance that I will be going for a particular seminar (this my intended seminar) next year 2025, since this was my initial plan and is still my plan. But my concern here is that I can't pay for the seminar now and will not have invitation letter or any contact in the US nor have any correspondence from them since 2025 schedule is not out yet.

OR

2. Should I change my plan to vacation (tourist visa) and during the interview I tell the VO am going for holiday/tourist in the US this year and I also want to attend so so seminar next year if my visa is granted because that was my initial plan for this visa but I can't go for the seminar this year because the seminar date for this year is done already.

Please kindly help me out here, what is the best way to go on this my situation in order not to look suspicious or inconsistent on my travel plan.

Option 2. Call and ask for emergency appointment for the 2024 conference. Otherwise, ask to reschedule to late 2024 so it's closer to the conference time. The "tourism now and conference later" reason looks sus when you hear it. Always stick to one purpose. Use conference (stronger term than seminar/workshop.) Telling mediocre stories as reason for travel will always weaken your application. Go big or go home.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TeeD(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14
jubrilar:

Here is my script...

Me - Good morning
VO - Good morning

VO - your passport pls
Me -presented to her

VO - Oh...stated typing.
VO - What did you do
Me - I told her

Me - since 2015

VO - typing....
Me - I am married
Me - Yes
VO - How many?
Me - Two kids
VO - Typing.............
Me - Yes
Me- Eye contact....
Me- Yes

Me - I told her
Me- I am traveling alone
VO- typing..
Me- No
Me - Thank you

Congrats.

Guys, let's provide more critical information as that's the purpose for posting here. Stuff like, what you do for work, what took you to those countries (eg school,) how old are those other visas, etc are what helped your application significantly, and not disclosing them is not that helpful for those here. Try to be as descriptive as possible without doxxing yourself.

"Me and friend are planning to visit Niagara Falls... my friend's house in New York" will weaken the average person's visa application, but not for a profile like yours, hence the importance of those.

Note how the VO went further to ask for your old passport and verify your travel history, it meant they were still undecided until they saw the history, age, and status of those visas, and could as well have denied your visa application if you didn't have your old passport with you. Therefore, your interview wasn't that great, your travel history 'saved' you. Average folks with no travel history should not "visit a friend and 9/11 memorial" not gonna work, just saying.

PS: A friend's visa success didn't make sense to me until I found out they were born in the UK (shown on passport) and it obviously played a huge part.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 10:16pm On Jan 14
If we're being honest, no one would feel comfortable posting their employer on NL
TeeD:

Congrats.

Guys, let's provide more critical information as that's the purpose for posting here. Stuff like, what you do for work, what took you to those countries (eg school,) how old are those other visas, etc are what helped your application significantly, and not disclosing them is not that helpful for those here. Try to be as descriptive as possible without doxxing yourself.

"Me and friend are planning to visit Niagara Falls... my friend's house in New York" will weaken the average person's visa application, but not for a profile like yours, hence the importance of those.

Note how the VO went further to ask for your old passport and verify your travel history, it meant they were still undecided until they saw the history, age, and status of those visas, and could as well have denied your visa application if you didn't have your old passport with you. Therefore, your interview wasn't that great, your travel history 'saved' you. Average folks with no travel history should not "visit a friend and 9/11 memorial" not gonna work, just saying.

PS: A friend's visa success didn't make sense to me until I found out they were born in the UK (shown on passport) and it obviously played a huge part.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:27pm On Jan 14
TeeD:

Congrats.

Are people supposed to come here to ready posts and decide on the purpose of their trips? No one owes you a feedback on their interview. So if you see one be appreciative and pick what you can from it. Coming here to poke holes and tell him the information he should share and what not is going overboard. Thank you!!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MountainTop34: 11:25pm On Jan 14
Please how much is the current b1/b2 visa fee in Naira? My mum is about going to GTBank
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 12:41am On Jan 15
₦185k
MountainTop34:
Please how much is the current b1/b2 visa fee in Naira? My mum is about going to GTBank
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:05am On Jan 15
TeeD:

Guys, let's provide more critical information as that's the purpose for posting here.
Bro, what’s the point of your post?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 10:04am On Jan 15
The feedbacks you get from interviews are just an expo for your preparation. Whether detailed or not, you should pay attention to the area which they always hinge on for these exercises.
1. Composure
2. Communication level
3. Travel history
4. Coherence in data and precise purpose for visit.

Anyone can add to it.

If you successfully prepare for these critical areas, you will scale through. Has anyone found a B1/B2 applicant get a visa with no travel history? Not many I think, unless for the "lucky ones"

Above all, Pray.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 11:15am On Jan 15
My appointment is in a few weeks time 😂... I'm nervous Mann... Pray for me guys..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chriswazo(m): 1:02pm On Jan 15
DrHippocampus:
My appointment is in a few weeks time 😂... I'm nervous Mann... Pray for me guys..

cheesy grin
This is visit visa and not PR or immigrant visa or, calm down and don't loose ur composure.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:23pm On Jan 15
DrHippocampus:
It’s okay to be nervous, do your part, be coherent and only speak when you’re asked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 1:55pm On Jan 15
Is there interview visa for b1,b2 now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Deziri20: 4:27pm On Jan 15
Please how do I update my new DS 160 number
Trying to retrieve the old one says invalid
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Deziri20: 4:35pm On Jan 15
[quote author=wilmafrancis post=127882731][/quote]
Can’t see the option of update profile from my end what do I do?
My old DS160 is saying invalid
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15
mane48:
Is there interview visa for b1,b2 now
Yes.
The only time interviews were unavailable was 2020 COVID period.
There has been interviews since 2021
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15
Deziri20:
Please how do I update my new DS 160 number
Trying to retrieve the old one says invalid
Clarify your question
Update your ustraveldoc with a new DS160 confirmation or retrieve an old DS160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Deziri20: 8:23pm On Jan 15
fkj950ax:

Clarify your question
Update your ustraveldoc with a new DS160 confirmation or retrieve an old DS160 form?
Update ustraveldoc with a new ds160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15
Deziri20:

Update ustraveldoc with a new ds160
Sign in to ustraveldoc > click update profile > delete old DS160 > type new DS160 > update.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by towontoprecious(f): 11:34pm On Jan 15
Hello everyone, please my dad's interview is next month. Can he say that he's visiting the USA to see his daughter and her family, and also probably to see a doctor for his mouth ulcer (which is obvious). He is also 71 years.
Please advise on the best way to answer the "why are you visiting the US?"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Deziri20: 8:13am On Jan 16
fkj950ax:

Sign in to ustraveldoc > click update profile > delete old DS160 > type new DS160 > update.
I don’t the option of update profile in my page that’s the challenge

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pepes: 12:28pm On Jan 16
hi guys please is there a telegram group for regular visa interview dates i need a us visa date asap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 12:51pm On Jan 16
fkj950ax:

Yes.
The only time interviews were unavailable was 2020 COVID period.
There has been interviews since 2021
thanks but am asking of 2024 dates
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16
Hello please I need advice oo. My agent submitted my application without an uploaded passport. Now telling me he will staple it to the form. Please is there any how he can Refix this. Please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyaboys: 1:35pm On Jan 16
Deziri20:

I don’t the option of update profile in my page tha
t’s the challenge

Try changing your password and use the new password to log in, it happened to me and that was what I did, I was able to update my info afterwards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dafeoroyo: 3:30pm On Jan 16
DrHippocampus:

You will be asked based on what you put down on your Ds160

That guy that was given the visa was asked everything he put down on his DS160 so have this at back of your mind

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.