Stats: 3,151,758 members, 7,813,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (928166 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07
hunee:
The only that admin does here which is very inappropriate is that they take too long to act. Many times, people have called these characters out, yet nothing was done.
moving forward, i think they need work on that.

In all fairness to admin or mods, people shouldn’t be hounded off the thread too quickly for being recalcitrant. Even justwise cautioned him.
He could have used common sense to see the cautionary remarks he was getting from everyone meant he should adjust. But he was too far gone in his ways to hear anyone

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 12:16am On Jan 08
Bro/sis, that person was too obvious a sham. This platform is a very sensitive place. Everything you do here is usually monitored and trailed by someone even when you think you are not noticed. On this platform, if you want to assist someone, do it with plain mind, but be very careful. This is not a place you come and be writing epistles every now and then. This is a community of very young minds that read meanings to everything too quickly. He or she shot themselves in the leg, so i am not pitful of them if they get booted out! The signals were very glaring, do not make a statement for them. It is a lesson to others, asssit people here but be very careful. Scam is not far from a nairalanders mouth! They use it anyhow!
fkj950ax:

In all fairness to admin or mods, people shouldn’t be hounded off the thread too quickly for being recalcitrant. Even justwise cautioned him.
He could have used common sense to see the cautionary remarks he was getting from everyone meant he should adjust. But he was too far gone in his ways to hear anyone
Answer the one you can answer, and reduce your frequency here, make people no put eye for your body.
Thread carefully my advise to anyone and everyone, Moving forward...
This is just another version of my opinion to your submission.

Goodmorning.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fbimps: 8:47am On Jan 08
Good day all, I have an invitation for a conference in April 2024 the earliest appointment I got is August 2025 after repeated trail, the option of emergency appointment is key but how do I go about without creating any itch for myself: I already have a letter of invitation from the organiser and is it sufficient based on what I read on the US travel protal:
REQUIREMENT
A letter of invitation from the corresponding company in the United States attesting to the urgency of the planned visit, describing the nature of the business and that either the U.S. or Nigerian company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an emergency appointment is not available.
Evidence of a necessary training program in the United States of three months duration or less, to include letters from both the Nigerian employer and the U.S. company providing the training. Both letters should include a detailed explanation of the training and explain why either the U.S. or Nigerian company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an emergency appointment is not available.

the Nigerian company letter is ready but just need some more guildiance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Khez: 8:58am On Jan 08
Thanks brother, I already got the visa
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey !

You cannot edit an already (finally submitted) DS 160. You can only retrieve an ongoing DS 160 within 30 days period.

That being said ... You can fill DS 160 as many time as you want , therefore , go ahead and fill a new one .

But you have to update the new DS 160 in your CGI profile.

No ! You will not lose your present interview appointment date . That one is intact .

There is God. Don't give up.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Khez: 8:59am On Jan 08
Bless you for your reply, already got the visa cheers
flourishing247:

You can fill a new one. Then change the form details on your profile. If you can search this forum some people have done it before and it worked. Just use keywords and type in the search column. The info will pop up. Don't panic everything will work out fine.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nnewsnjobs: 9:11am On Jan 08
Good morning all, please I need your advice on the way to go about my visa application because I don't want the VO to see my application as being inconsistent or as if am not being straight forward.

My plan was to go for a seminar in my Field of study and experience. I filled DS160 for B1/B2 and applied for visa appointment date in 2022, I got date in August 2024, after trying many times to reschedule, I finally got May 2024 and I have no other option to reschedule so I have to stick with this date for my visa interview.

Now my challenge is that the seminar comes up ones in a year and this year own is coming up in March before my interview date which is in May 2024. So I will be going for my visa interview in May after the seminar for this year has been done with.

So my question is, when filling my new DS160 form and during the interview, what will my travel plans/purpose to the US now be?

1. Should I maintenance that I will be going for a particular seminar (this my intended seminar) next year 2025, since this was my initial plan and is still my plan. But my concern here is that I can't pay for the seminar now and will not have invitation letter or any contact in the US nor have any correspondence from them since 2025 schedule is not out yet.

OR

2. Should I change my plan to vacation (tourist visa) and during the interview I tell the VO am going for holiday/tourist in the US this year and I also want to attend so so seminar next year if my visa is granted because that was my initial plan for this visa but I can't go for the seminar this year because the seminar date for this year is done already.

Please kindly help me out here, what is the best way to go on this my situation in order not to look suspicious or inconsistent on my travel plan.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 10:46am On Jan 08
nnewsnjobs:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on the way to go about my visa application because I don't want the VO to see my application as being inconsistent or as if am not being straight forward.

My plan was to go for a seminar in my Field of study and experience. I filled DS160 for B1/B2 and applied for visa appointment date in 2022, I got date in August 2024, after trying many times to reschedule, I finally got May 2024 and I have no other option to reschedule so I have to stick with this date for my visa interview.

Now my challenge is that the seminar comes up ones in a year and this year own is coming up in March before my interview date which is in May 2024. So I will be going for my visa interview in May after the seminar for this year has been done with.

So my question is, when filling my new DS160 form and during the interview, what will my travel plans/purpose to the US now be?

1. Should I maintenance that I will be going for a particular seminar (this my intended seminar) next year 2025, since this was my initial plan and is still my plan. But my concern here is that I can't pay for the seminar now and will not have invitation letter or any contact in the US nor have any correspondence from them since 2025 schedule is not out yet.

OR

2. Should I change my plan to vacation (tourist visa) and during the interview I tell the VO am going for holiday/tourist in the US this year and I also want to attend so so seminar next year if my visa is granted because that was my initial plan for this visa but I can't go for the seminar this year because the seminar date for this year is done already.

Please kindly help me out here, what is the best way to go on this my situation in order not to look suspicious or inconsistent on my travel plan.

Why not just stick to your seminar, I hope it is the seminar that you are really interested in and come back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nnewsnjobs: 11:32am On Jan 08
Ess:

Why not just stick to your seminar, I hope it is the seminar that you are really interested in and come back.

Lol grin grin grin @bold, I know what you are thinking, don't worry yourself, am not one of those people that use seminar to cover face.

Am already thinking of cancelling my appointment and paying for another MRV to get another date next year, and hopefully my new visa appointment date will come before the seminar date, since the whole thing is now looking confusing and in-consistence, I don't want to go there and one nonsense oyibo will be looking at me with one kind eye and stamp denial on my precious passport. Lol grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:08pm On Jan 08
nnewsnjobs:

Lol grin grin grin @bold, I know what you are thinking, don't worry yourself, am not one of those people that use seminar to cover face.

Am already thinking of cancelling my appointment and paying for another MRV to get another date next year, and hopefully my new visa appointment date will come before the seminar date, since the whole thing is now looking confusing and in-consistence, I don't want to go there and one nonsense oyibo will be looking at me with one kind eye and stamp denial on my precious passport. Lol grin grin grin
Oyinbo too human being if you explain to the V.O what you explained on your previous post and also state the lack of getting a close date making it unable for you to attend the conference as planned and stated in your DS-160, I’m certain they’ll understand your plight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nnewsnjobs: 2:29pm On Jan 08
Debbieeeeeee:

Oyinbo too human being if you explain to the V.O what you explained on your previous post and also state the lack of getting a close date making it unable for you to attend the conference as planned and stated in your DS-160, I’m certain they’ll understand your plight.
Ok, so do you advice I go with my initial plan of going for seminar which will now be in 2025, without making payment, no correspondence from them, and no contact.

Or do you suggest I change the plan to vacation this year and during interview I can then inform the VO of my major intention which is attending the seminar which will now come up in 2025, since I cannot get interview date before the seminar date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 2:38pm On Jan 08
There's no option to update your profile in the GCI profile. But have filled another DS160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pharaoh001(f): 3:30pm On Jan 08
fbimps:
Good day all, I have an invitation for a conference in April 2024 the earliest appointment I got is August 2025 after repeated trail, the option of emergency appointment is key but how do I go about without creating any itch for myself: I already have a letter of invitation from the organiser and is it sufficient based on what I read on the US travel protal:
REQUIREMENT
A letter of invitation from the corresponding company in the United States attesting to the urgency of the planned visit, describing the nature of the business and that either the U.S. or Nigerian company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an emergency appointment is not available.
Evidence of a necessary training program in the United States of three months duration or less, to include letters from both the Nigerian employer and the U.S. company providing the training. Both letters should include a detailed explanation of the training and explain why either the U.S. or Nigerian company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an emergency appointment is not available.

the Nigerian company letter is ready but just need some more guildiance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08
fbimps:
Good day all, I have an invitation for a conference in April 2024 the earliest appointment I got is August 2025 after repeated...
REQUIREMENT
The Nigerian company letter is ready but just need some more guildiance.

What would your role in the conference be?
Conferences aren't priority with USinNigeria. If you were speaking or delivering a paper or a panelist may even help out, but as a participant, its far-fetched. It is if you satisfy the bold parts above will they expedite an interview date for you. The outcome of the interview will also be based majorly on these too.
The issue of available dates in the future has been on for more than 3-4 years, so trying to get a date for a intended trip thats within a 6 months window is almost impossible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08
nnewsnjobs:

This is a more plausible option. At the interview when asked for the reason for the trip, just explain it like you did above. But your finances will be scrutinized to see if paying for a trip to US back to back won't be a financial burden on you considering the current NGN FX rate. Travel 2024 for vacation and traveling 12 months later again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nnewsnjobs: 5:44pm On Jan 08
fkj950ax:

This is a more plausible option. At the interview when asked for the reason for the trip, just explain it like you did above. But your finances will be scrutinized to see if paying for a trip to US back to back won't be a financial burden on you considering the current NGN FX rate. Travel 2024 for vacation and traveling 12 months later again
Ok thanks for your response. My employer will be responsible for the seminar expenses. I will probably need to inform the VO about that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 6:05pm On Jan 08
nnewsnjobs:

Ok thanks for your response. My employer will be responsible for the seminar expenses. I will probably need to inform the VO about that.

Stick to your seminar and book for the upper year ahead. Explain that the date is dependent on the visa interview date and of course its success.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:16pm On Jan 08
nnewsnjobs:

Ok, so do you advice I go with my initial plan of going for seminar which will now be in 2025, without making payment, no correspondence from them, and no contact.

Or do you suggest I change the plan to vacation this year and during interview I can then inform the VO of my major intention which is attending the seminar which will now come up in 2025, since I cannot get interview date before the seminar date.
I’d say tell them this seminar was scheduled for March 2024 but due to the hassles around getting a date it was impossible to get a date for March to attend the seminar but it also holds in 2025 and you’ll wish to use the visa for the seminar in 2025 and for holidays too. I don’t think they should have a problem with a direct and sincere explanation regarding your circumstances.
Also you can try your luck and use the documents regarding the seminar to apply for an expedited interview date, they just may grant you the request, make sure you succinctly explain yourself in the box provided and also attach the documentation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:18pm On Jan 08
wilmafrancis:
There's no option to update your profile in the GCI profile. But have filled another DS160.
Call customer service, they’ll do the update for you. You can get their contact in the us travel docs website.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by landuseact: 4:06am On Jan 09
Hi lovely peeps. I'm trying to help my dad book for an appointment and I believe he qualifies for interview waiver/dropbox. The thing is once I made the payment and added the confirmation details, I got the message that says further information would be sent to his email address and we've been waiting for almost a week for the email. Is this typical or should I be worried? Thanks and appreciate any and all feedback
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oyimaliski: 11:26am On Jan 09
Good morning .

Please how long will this stay on my page for IW (drop box)

And after this will the dates show up?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EllyCiciCarter: 1:50pm On Jan 09
Hello All, I just booked a date for my drop off. The location states VI, even though I picked Isolo. Does this mean I have to drop off at VI ?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EllyCiciCarter: 1:51pm On Jan 09
You will get a message to schedule your appointment within 10 working days. Then you will see available dates.

And after this will the dates show up? [/quote]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EllyCiciCarter: 1:52pm On Jan 09
You will get a message within 10 working days to schedule your appointment. Then you’ll see the available dates.
oyimaliski:
Good morning .

And after this will the dates show up?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oyimaliski: 1:57pm On Jan 09
EllyCiciCarter:
Hello All, I just booked a date for my drop off. The location states VI, even though I picked Isolo. Does this mean I have to drop off at VI ?

The one down is isolo that's where u drop off. The one up means isolo is picking up on behalf of the USA consular in VI

I just got mine too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oyimaliski: 1:58pm On Jan 09
EllyCiciCarter:
You will get a message within 10 working days to schedule your appointment. Then you’ll see the available dates.

Thank you the mail dropped just few minutes ago
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EllyCiciCarter: 2:07pm On Jan 09
Thank you 🙏
oyimaliski:

The one down is isolo that's where u drop off. The one up means isolo is picking up on behalf of the USA consular in VI

I just got mine too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Top9jajamz: 2:44pm On Jan 09
Hello everyone, please can someone else aside the applicant dropoff the documents for interview waiver on the date of appointment. If yes, what is required. Thank you as you reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Top9jajamz: 2:48pm On Jan 09
Additionally, I have a trip outside the country for 17th Feb leaving me with 4weeks from dropoff safe instead of 8 weeks advised by the US consulate. Does anyone know the average processing time for iwp from dropoff to pickup in lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 12:40am On Jan 10
Debbieeeeeee:

Call customer service, they’ll do the update for you. You can get their contact in the us travel docs website.

Good evening, no one was picking up ,it was the normal automated recordings that were repeating ,,so I sent an email and got this response but still don't no how I can get to do it. My interview is in 6days time,please ,who can help me update it ?🙏🙏🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 12:42am On Jan 10
wilmafrancis:

Good evening, no one was picking up ,it was the normal automated recordings that were repeating ,,so I sent an email and got this response but still don't no how I can get to do it. My interview is in 6days time,please ,who can help me update it ?🙏🙏🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: SMASHY(f) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66