Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927789 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Seankay323: 9:55am On Mar 24, 2021
I tried to apply for a B2 visit visa this morning the only dates I got was till January 2024 undecided. Is it real?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nimmadiji(f): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2021
Nnatuu:
Hello Gurus,

Please I need your guide on this situation:

I’ve been to then US twice. Got my visa renewed in Oct 2018.

Got notified on an admission fee weeks later so I applied for F1 but was denied.

And the B1 was revoked also(possibly due to dual intent)

I tried twice more for F1 but got refused. I was upset which made my mum file an immigrant petition for me so to allow me visit anytime without the visa hassles(I sincerely have zero intent of immigrating cos I’m gainfully employed and also own an IT startup that’s doing well here, basically wanted to go for additional studies then)

Now, I want t re-apply for a B1 to visit my fiancée and I want to know if the F1 refusals and the petition will count against me? And how can I deal with this if it will?

I just want to visit my fiancée who’s a student. That’s all. Your information will be appreciated via I don’t want to waste my busy time .

Three F1 refusals is a lot especially in such a short period of time, I'm assuming between 2018 (which was when your B1 was renewed) and 2019/2020. Basically it was back to back to back refusals. Not a good look but some VOs don't really care about a previous denial which was what happened in my case. Was denied b2 in 2015 was granted f1 in 2016.

You also have a pending immigration petition which may not help your "I'm not trying to run away" argument. It may or may not be brought up. In my case my petition wasn't brought up during my interview but it could've been because we cancelled it and a lot of years had passed, I was a minor when it was filed, almost 10 years had passed.

That you have a daughter here might help. Your previous travel history may help too, since you didn't overstay or contravene the terms of your visa. Your employment in said leading company and your start-up too.

What might not help is this back to back to back to back applications you have going on 2018 - 2021. Sheesh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nimmadiji(f): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2021
Seankay323:
I tried to apply for a B2 visit visa this morning the only dates I got was till January 2024 undecided. Is it real?

Looool what?! Sorry for laughing. Are you sure it's not 2022 you saw?

You can pay for a date. Wouldn't recommend.

I paid for a 2021 date. But only because I didn't know I could wait and find one myself much later. Not finding a calendar there threw me off & I hadn't discovered this thread then.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2021
charlyduru:
Please where do I get contact details ? Most people also say its hard to get them.
Any important info will be appreciated.

Just google it. You will get their phone number and email
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2021
Nimmadiji:

Looool what?! Sorry for laughing. Are you sure it's not 2022 you saw?

You can pay for a date. Wouldn't recommend.

I paid for a 2021 date. But only because I didn't know I could wait and find one myself much later. Not finding a calendar there threw me off & I hadn't discovered this thread then.

It’s not a play something ooo

I saw it too

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Damian457:
who told you will still need to come to Nigeria for consular processing? Have you heard of adjustment of status?

You think adjustment of status is something only you found out?

Not every category of family petition for immigrant visas can adjust status in the US if you enter on a B1/B2 which is the last visa category the OP had
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nancyamah:
Mistake from my part thought f1visa is for fiance something something1����
Thank you my dear
Fiance visa is K1

And I am not sure if she can apply for that from the UK since it means a relocation and technically abandoning her studies if she wants to leave during her student year

There is a K1 thread here on NL you can check that out.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by planetx: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
fkj950ax:

But this is not true.
The only people getting admittance from the southern border are unaccompanied minors. They get placed in ICE centers until they are matched with a sponsor guardian or the minor's family in the US legally comes for them.

Adults who get to the border to claim asylum are waiting outside the border until they get an immigration judge to hear individual cases.

COVID restrictions on South American countries are still in place. Forget the caravan idea you are selling to people here. They will suffer a lot amd may even fall into the hands of the gangs operating at the border.

Don't encourage people to repeat the Mali - Libya immigration route crises again in South American countries.

This was Biden last week Tuesday
Ok Sir just trying to help desperate Nigerians based on reading comments posted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alba3: 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
Alba3:
Good day. I want to ask if someone can fill new form Ds-160 after interview for April was cancelled by the embassy. The plan to attend sister's wedding in June is no longer feasible due to unavailability of interview date. Now a older brother that's a citizen wants to now be the recipient relative early next year. Adjustment is needed since already submitted ds-160 could no longer be edited. Please, how does one go about this?

Any help/advice on this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nancyamah: 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
Thank you so much,God bless you
Taal17:

Fiance visa is K1

And I am not sure if she can apply for that from the UK since it means a relocation and technically abandoning her studies if she wants to leave during her student year

There is a K1 thread here on NL you can check that out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Moda1: 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
Pls i need input.
I hv travelled to the Usa 4 times , the last one which was 2017 ,i applied for me and my son B1/b2 visa , it was granted but i used the visa once , stayed 2.5months and my son didnt use his at all .
Meanwhile my status is changed divorced but passport still bears my marital name and i cant possibly change it now as the passport hv undergone so much and issues wrapped around it is much . I hv the intention of staying back in Usa on this visit until i can secure my citizenship.
Given that i will get married there , is it advisable to fill in the form my current status or leave it as it was "married " .

What are my chances of securing this visa as i also gave birth to my daughter there in 2015 but hv secured a visa afterwards in 2017 and since then i hv not gone for renewal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
Alba3:

Any help/advice on this?

Do you have a booked interview appointment ? If yes, fill a new ds-160, go to your booked appointment, click profile, update and input the new DS-160 confirmation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need some assistance.

I tried scheduling an interview appointment for renewal of my B1/B2 visa and the message says “No interview dates available.”

Please how do I proceed?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alba3: 8:21am On Mar 25, 2021
nwauwa:

Do you have a booked interview appointment ? If yes, fill a new ds-160, go to your booked appointment, click profile, update and input the new DS-160 confirmation

Thanks so much. The booked interview for April was cancelled by the Abuja embassy; yet to book another. Don't know if one can now choose Lagos in the new ds-160?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 8:46am On Mar 25, 2021
Alba3:

Thanks so much. The booked interview for April was cancelled by the Abuja embassy; yet to book another. Don't know if one can now choose Lagos in the new ds-160?
Yes you can.

When did you book the one that was cancelled?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 8:49am On Mar 25, 2021
I want to pay for interview date if I get the contact but my only fear or question is, what happens after you pay, they get you a date and the embassy cancels the appointment later?

Anyone been in this shoe before?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alba3: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2021
nwauwa:

Yes you can.

When did you book the one that was cancelled?
Early January this year. Very grateful for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 8:50am On Mar 25, 2021
Alba3:

January. Very grateful for your response.
Okay.

Am assuming you booked it by yourself?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alba3: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2021
nwauwa:
Okay.
Am assuming you booked it by yourself?
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BigDawsNet: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2021
Nnatuu:
Hello Gurus,

Please I need your guide on this situation:

I’ve been to then US twice. Got my visa renewed in Oct 2018.

Got notified on an admission fee weeks later so I applied for F1 but was denied.

And the B1 was revoked also(possibly due to dual intent)

I tried twice more for F1 but got refused. I was upset which made my mum file an immigrant petition for me so to allow me visit anytime without the visa hassles(I sincerely have zero intent of immigrating cos I’m gainfully employed and also own an IT startup that’s doing well here, basically wanted to go for additional studies then)

Now, I want t re-apply for a B1 to visit my fiancée and I want to know if the F1 refusals and the petition will count against me? And how can I deal with this if it will?

I just want to visit my fiancée who’s a student. That’s all. Your information will be appreciated via I don’t want to waste my busy time .

At first when you applied for a B1 Visa
You were granted based on your reasons for the trip which is "visit" ...

You renewed your visa on same reason
You were granted

Shortly after you were granted your renewal, you reported back to the embassy to apply for a student visa...

That's a red flag

It doesn't work that way
You were granted B1 for a reason which is
I'm not going for work, study or business but only visit

Why the sudden change
Why I apply for a studies visa when you have a fresh B1 Visa based on "I'm not traveling for work, school, or business"

I hope you find lucky..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bamisho: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2021
I need your opinion guys, i have obtained 3 past visas for tourist visa and never overstayed. I was a regular employee then but now I'm a director in my new company. Do you think this will make me seem more or less stable. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nnatuu: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

At first when you applied for a B1 Visa
You were granted based on your reasons for the trip which is "visit" ...

You renewed your visa on same reason
You were granted

Shortly after you were granted your renewal, you reported back to the embassy to apply for a student visa...

That's a red flag

It doesn't work that way
You were granted B1 for a reason which is
I'm not going for work, study or business but only visit

Why the sudden change
Why I apply for a studies visa when you have a fresh B1 Visa based on "I'm not traveling for work, school, or business"

I hope you find lucky..

Well, you’re right.

But the actual situation was...I applied for my Dropbox renewal on August(hoping to visit for a 2 week holiday in Dec), but due to the change in Dropbox processing I was requested to appear for interview about 8 weeks after my application.

Few days before the scheduled interview date for B1, I received an admission decision from the institution I applied to several months back.

At that point I became confused on how to go about it cos I cannot travel with a B1 when the new information means I might proceed to study, and I cannot apply for an F1 when I have a pending B1 interview.

So the right thing(I thought) would be to appear for my B1 interview and apply for F1 separately. I mean, anyone would have though that’s the right thing to do as long as your intentions are not to breach the conditions of your visas in any way.

Well I noted that “visiting” as a reason is not convincing enough for a B1 visa based on my situation, but one thing I’m damn sure about is that I am not ready to lie to anyone for a visa. Asides visiting my sick mum and my fiancée (maybe my siblings too) I am not sure that USA has any other use for me right now.

I quite appreciate your response @BigDawsNet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BigDawsNet: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nnatuu:

Well, you’re right.

But the actual situation was...I applied for my Dropbox renewal on August(hoping to visit for a 2 week holiday in Dec), but due to the change in Dropbox processing I was requested to appear for interview about 8 weeks after my application.

Few days before the scheduled interview date for B1, I received an admission decision from the institution I applied to several months back.

At that point I became confused on how to go about it cos I cannot travel with a B1 when the new information means I might proceed to study, and I cannot apply for an F1 when I have a pending B1 interview.

So the right thing(I thought) would be to appear for my B1 interview and apply for F1 separately. I mean, anyone would have though that’s the right thing to do as long as your intentions are not to breach the conditions of your visas in any way.

Well I noted that “visiting” as a reason is not convincing enough for a B1 visa based on my situation, but one thing I’m damn sure about is that I am not ready to lie to anyone for a visa. Asides visiting my sick mum and my fiancée (maybe my siblings too) I am not sure that USA has any other use for me right now.

I quite appreciate your response @BigDawsNet

Everything will be fine and okay

Don't loose focus aND hope

Just take a break froom applying right now..

I will advise yout to explore othere countries on visit while you wait....

You can as well apply for a studies in Canada..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nnatuu: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nimmadiji:

Three F1 refusals is a lot especially in such a short period of time, I'm assuming between 2018 (which was when your B1 was renewed) and 2019/2020. Basically it was back to back to back refusals. Not a good look but some VOs don't really care about a previous denial which was what happened in my case. Was denied b2 in 2015 was granted f1 in 2016.

You also have a pending immigration petition which may not help your "I'm not trying to run away" argument. It may or may not be brought up. In my case my petition wasn't brought up during my interview but it could've been because we cancelled it and a lot of years had passed, I was a minor when it was filed, almost 10 years had passed.

That you have a daughter here might help. Your previous travel history may help too, since you didn't overstay or contravene the terms of your visa. Your employment in said leading company and your start-up too.

What might not help is this back to back to back to back applications you have going on 2018 - 2021. Sheesh.

Well, you’re right. I appreciate the feedback. If dem no gree make I visit my loved ones I go renew my internet for one year and see them on video call then. At least that one join too. I no get time to waste this year.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Moda1: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2021
Pls i still need answer to this . Help me oo
Moda1:
Pls i need input.
I hv travelled to the Usa 4 times , the last one which was 2017 ,i applied for me and my son B1/b2 visa , it was granted but i used the visa once , stayed 2.5months and my son didnt use his at all .
Meanwhile my status is changed divorced but passport still bears my marital name and i cant possibly change it now as the passport hv undergone so much and issues wrapped around it is much . I hv the intention of staying back in Usa on this visit until i can secure my citizenship.
Given that i will get married there , is it advisable to fill in the form my current status or leave it as it was "married " .

What are my chances of securing this visa as i also gave birth to my daughter there in 2015 but hv secured a visa afterwards in 2017 and since then i hv not gone for renewal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Moda1:
Pls i need input.

It’s a visit visa for a reason. No one here is going to support that you stay on a visit visa, your move will contribute to jeopardizing other people so sit this one out please

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nnatuu: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Everything will be fine and okay

Don't loose focus aND hope

Just take a break froom applying right now..

I will advise yout to explore othere countries on visit while you wait....

You can as well apply for a studies in Canada..

I really appreciate the advise bro. I’m currently checking out Australia or Canada for a holiday. But academically, North America is no longer an option.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BigDawsNet: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nnatuu:

I really appreciate the advise bro. I’m currently checking out Australia or Canada for a holiday. But academically, North America is no longer an option.

I Wish you best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nnatuu: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
megastu:
If your visa was revoked they would have informed you of the reason.

Your mum filing for you now has now confirmed the fear of the VO when he made the initial F1 refusal. A visit would be a tough call. Have you visited other European countries or Canada and Australia. A visit visa would be a hard nut based on your previous attempts at F1 and your current petition for Immigrant Visa.

Thanks for the advise bro.

Howbeit, I’m not sure I want to waste money traveling on holiday to so many countries just to prove to ANYONE in US embassy Lagos that I’m not an intending immigrant. That’s weird really. They can keep the visa if that’s the way forward cos the visa doesn’t bring money rather I spend. I visit countries only when I have family, friends or something meaningful to do there, not to prove to a child VO that I’m genuine.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nnatuu: 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I Wish you best of luck

Thanks bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Moda1: 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
grin No one will jeopardize anyone chance, everyone with his own packaging and luck. Millons hv relocated to Usa but still Visa is being given. I asked a question but if i cant get answer , it changes nothing , not even my relocation plans so chill small . Na New bie no will be forming ninja for no be for my type grin
customised87:

It’s a visit visa for a reason. No one here is going to support that you stay on a visit visa, your move will contribute to jeopardizing other people so sit this one out please

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
Moda1:
grin No one will jeopardize anyone chance, everyone with his own packaging and luck. Millons hv relocated to Usa but still Visa is being given. I asked a question but if i cant get answer , it changes nothing , not even my relocation plans so chill small . Na New bie no will be forming ninja for no be for my type grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63