Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (925651 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:20pm On Mar 11
Calista1:

I sincerely plead your urgent response!
I have been trying to request an emergency appointment with my new MRV receipt number, but whenever I enter my tentative travel date of 4/15/24, it generates an error message "Tentative Travel Date: Invalid Date," and when I click to submit the emergency request, it shows another error message, "Emergency Request cannot be submitted at this time; please wait."

Please, what could be the reason? I need help! Someone should explain to me what is wrong. Thanks.

Hey 🤠

1. Change your date format to USA . Write it thus ; 15 /04/2024.

2. Also , you must apply for emergency visa appointment under one of the following :

Student Emergency
Medical Emergency
Business Emergency

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rossycheeks: 6:49am On Mar 12
Good morning everyone. Please I need your help. We applied for visa renewal under interview waiver as a family. We all qualified for interview waiver. My husband and I were granted visa but my daughter was refused under 221g. She was asked to schedule another interview. Which we have done. Question is, we don't know if it's a regular or physical interview or drop off. The confirmation appointment letter is similar to the interview waiver.
Experienced people in the house, can you please throw more light on this. Thank you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:54am On Mar 12
rossycheeks:
Good morning everyone. Please I need your help. We applied for visa renewal under interview waiver as a family. We all qualified for interview waiver. My husband and I were granted visa but my daughter was refused under 221g. She was asked to schedule another interview. Which we have done. Question is, we don't know if it's a regular or physical interview or drop off. The confirmation appointment letter is similar to the interview waiver.
Experienced people in the house, can you please throw more light on this. Thank you.

Hey 🤠

*** Your narration denotes that you did not apply for the IW yourselves because the 221g slip must contain some information for you .

1. The 221(g) is not a true refusal. It is called a “conditional refusal which typically means that more information is requested by the issuing officer.

2. Your daughter need to provide whatever information has been requested or she need to strengthen the information she has already provided to the consular.

3. The 221g may turn to permanent refusal if the visa officer assess both parents as would-be over stayers . Another point is that if your daughter is in her adolescent years (14-18) or even older , then she is a very good candidate to stay and work in the USA illegally too.

4. Also have it at the back of your minds (both parents) that you are renewing her visa when she is supposed to be attending classes in school .

5. If her 221g finally turned to permanent refusal then you and your spouse (parents) are the reasons because a nonimmigrant is a person who has a residence and (especially nuclear) and family abroad they do not intend to abandon and this girl on 221g might be YOUR ONLY CHILD ?

6. The Consular had the whiff of immigrant intent. If you all have the visas, then all of you together looks like you are ready, willing, and able to stay in America.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rossycheeks: 10:28am On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Thanks for responding but, you assumed a lot. I know that the 221g is a conditional refusal. what i do not know is if the other appointment we're asked to schedule is a physical interview or a dropoff. Probably when i first sent the message i did not attach the 221g letter. You assumed that the IW application wasn't made by us. Sir, that's incorrect. We all applied together as a family. My daughter is an adult. My family has no intension of relocating to the US. We always renew our visa as a family. The 221g is a first for me that's why i want those who have had issues like that to throw more light.
Thank you.

Hey 🤠

*** Your narration denotes that you did not apply for the IW yourselves because the 221g slip must contain some information for you .

1. The 221(g) is not a true refusal. It is called a “conditional refusal which typically means that more information is requested by the issuing officer.

2. Your daughter need to provide whatever information has been requested or she need to strengthen the information she has already provided to the consular.

3. The 221g may turn to permanent refusal if the visa officer assess both parents as would-be over stayers . Another point is that if your daughter is in her adolescent years (14-18) or even older , then she is a very good candidate to stay and work in the USA illegally too.

4. Also have it at the back of your minds (both parents) that you are renewing her visa when she is supposed to be attending classes in school .

5. If her 221g finally turned to permanent refusal then you and your spouse (parents) are the reasons because a nonimmigrant is a person who has a residence and (especially nuclear) and family abroad they do not intend to abandon and this girl on 221g might be YOUR ONLY CHILD ?

6. The Consular had the whiff of immigrant intent. If you all have the visas, then all of you together looks like you are ready, willing, and able to stay in America.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:28am On Mar 12
[quote author=rossycheeks post=128898469][/quote]

Hey 🤠

1. You are looking for public opinion and you are hammaring on assumptiin ? Why did you not ask the consular or the cgi call centre if you know what you are doing ?

2. My friend , you know nothing about the 221g otherwise you would have followed the instructuion written on it. 221g form is explanatory , its different to 214b.

3. You claimed that you apllied for the IW yourself but you dont know how your daughter will go back and answer her query ?

4. Your daughter is an adult and your family is not looking for avenue for relocating ..Dont tell me that again. Tell your daughter to go back and tell the visa officer .

5. Keep waiting for lies from those who have had the experience before . You will soon realise that USA visa is a chameleon .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sara2022: 2:50pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. You are looking for public opinion and you are hammaring on assumptiin ? Why did you not ask the consular or the cgi call centre if you know what you are doing ?

2. My friend , you know nothing about the 221g otherwise you would have followed the instructuion written on it. 221g form is explanatory , its different to 214b.

3. You claimed that you apllied for the IW yourself but you dont know how your daughter will go back and answer her query ?

4. Your daughter is an adult and your family is not looking for avenue for relocating ..Dont tell me that again. Tell your daughter to go back and tell the visa officer .

5. Keep waiting for lies from those who have had the experience before . You will soon realise that USA visa is a chameleon .

Best Wishes 🙏

Sometimes it is better to sit things out, you don’t have to respond to everything especially if it involves you giving rubbish advice. Your assumptions do not even make sense, I read it and had to go back and read what the poster wrote thinking I missed something. You have okay contributions at times but when you decide to weigh in on every question even where you don’t have experience in the topic your ignorance begins to show.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sara2022: 2:56pm On Mar 12
rossycheeks:

You need to schedule an in person interview, check her portal for dates. Did she stay for a long period on the last visa or think of anything that may have occurred after the last visa that might require an interview. Was she a minor when she was issued the last visa? Try to figure out what it might be so she can prepare and respond to their questions appropriately.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sara2022: 3:04pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Change your date format to USA . Write it thus ; 15 /04/2024.

2. Also , you must apply for emergency visa appointment under one of the following :

Student Emergency
Medical Emergency
Business Emergency

Best Wishes 🙏

US date format is mm/dd/yyyy which is what the poster quoted originally, what you put is Nigerian date format dd/mm/yyyy. It’s okay to not know the answer to every question.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:16pm On Mar 12
Sara2022:

Sometimes it is better to seat things out, you don’t have to respond to everything especially if it involves you giving rubbish advice. Your assumptions do not even make sense, I read it and had to go back and read what the poster wrote thinking I missed something. You have okay contributions at times but when you decide to weigh in on every question even where you don’t have experience in the topic your ignorance begins to show.

Hey 🤠

@Sarah2022 go and sit down and take plain sheet with a pen to jot down notes when i am responding to questions.

My assumptions did not make sense but non of you has come out to write the assumptions that make sense .

You all claim experiences which turn out counter-productive for most of you. All of you have forgotten that United States visa types changes policy like chameleon and you think US embassies will stay stagnant on visa policies like you.

1. I have B1/B2 , and F1 experiences which i am ready for off-hand debates with any one of you with the convidence that i will come 1st.

2. In USA visa procedures , your old experiences and my new experiences are almost useless . UPDATES IS WHAT IS USEFUL AND NEEDED .

3. I have done many courses both physical and correspondence on USA visa policies and i am registered with a Yearly paid sites which hint members visa policy changes 24/7.

4. I am using Nairaland as a training ground to train my ability in sorting out all USA visa procedure teasers. I work with more than 6 International Immigration Attorneys .

5. You are using old experiences which might have been faced out but i am using updated training .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rolayomie: 3:18pm On Mar 12
So is the 1st step the completion of Ds160?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sara2022: 3:21pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

@Sarah2022 go and sit down and take plain sheet with a pen to jot down notes when i am responding to questions.

My assumptions did not make sense but non of you has come out to write the assumptions that make sense .

You all claim experiences which turn out counter-productive for most of you. All of you have forgotten that United States visa types changes policy like chameleon and you think US embassies will stay stagnant on visa policies like you.

1. I have B1/B2 , and F1 experiences which i am ready for off-hand debates with any one of you with the convidence that i will come 1st.

2. In USA visa procedures , your old experiences and my new experiences are almost useless . UPDATES IS WHAT IS USEFUL AND NEEDED .

3. I have done many courses both physical and correspondence on USA visa policies and i am registered with a Yearly paid sites which hint members visa policy changes 24/7.

4. I am using Nairaland as a training ground to train my ability in sorting out all USA visa procedure teasers. I work with more than 6 International Immigration Attorneys .

5. You are using old experiences which might have been faced out but i am using updated training .

Best Wishes 🙏

Delusions of Grandeur.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:25pm On Mar 12
Sara2022:

US date format is mm/dd/yyyy which is what the poster quoted originally, what you put is Nigerian date format dd/mm/yyyy. It’s okay to not know the answer to every question.

Hey 🤠

@Sara2022 the antagonist. I started with Change to USA. That alone tells the poster what i meant. There is room for typo error in every organization . As i am typing , i am responding to more than 17 stuffs which can take away concentration . I know more than you @Sara2022.

Any other accussation ?

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sara2022: 3:33pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Best Wishes 🙏

Not interested in your resume, only ask is to refrain from giving wrong information. You should also go back for a refund for the courses you have taken on visa policy, there are clearly gaps in your training. I generally don’t comment, but I have been a beneficiary of nairaland and got my express entry solely from learning and contributing to this platform, one thing we never did was to share information we were not sure of because the implication can be negative for someone who uses the wrong information shared. You fill this forum with so much details a lot which are incorrect and someone goes on to follow it and gets in trouble.

Where you have valid information contribute, but try to refrain from giving wrong information, you don’t need to have all the answers.

Apologies to everyone for spamming the thread, this is my last response. I have read these responses for weeks and just had to call it out.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:50pm On Mar 12
Sara2022:

Not interested in your resume, only ask is to refrain from giving wrong information. You should also go back for a refund for the courses you have taken on visa policy, there are clearly gaps in your training. I generally don’t comment, but I have been a beneficiary of nairaland and got my express entry solely from learning and contributing to this platform, one thing we never did was to share information we were not sure of because the implication can be negative for someone who uses the wrong information shared. You fill this forum with so much details a lot which are incorrect and someone goes on to follow it and gets in trouble.

Where you have valid information contribute, but try to refrain from giving wrong information, you don’t need to have all the answers.

Apologies to everyone for spamming the thread, this is my last response. I have read these responses for weeks and just had to call it out.

Hey 🤠

1. In the old days i have learnt from Nairaland but i have been on USA visa processing during the post office days . I dont know what class you were then , may be jss2.

2. You dont have any visa . You are only bragging . And please point out all the misinformation i have posted on NL. NEW BROOM SWEEP CLEAN my friend. Join me in lifting the glory of Nairaland if you think my knowledge is intimidating you.

3. Many of your past applicants whom you have failed in your whatsapp groups in their visa preparation usually mesage me for help and i am doing my best. I am still learning and i personally beleive that many silent readers are on NL who are 80% experienced than i do but you @Sara2022 is a pupil in my classroom.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aestake: 6:12pm On Mar 12
Two bald men fighting for a comb. Which one is faced out?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:55pm On Mar 12
aestake:
Two bald men fighting for a comb. Which one is faced out?

Hey 🤠

@aestake

1. You the spectator is going to be the one to be faced out because you are worthless by just reading our contributions on NL and clapping your hands for us. Bald head men are better than empty head.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 10:19pm On Mar 12
rossycheeks:

Hello, I understand what you are saying . The appointment letter still looks exactly like the IW appointment letter . Infact, the priority will still say WITHOUT INTERVIEW.
Don’t worry. It is the physical appointment.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 10:28pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Best Wishes 🙏
You really have a big problem responding to people. You don’t have to respond if you don’t understand what she is asking.

Obviously, she already booked the interview. However, if you are familiar with it, the appointment confirmation letter is very similar to IW and you would be wondering whether it is still IW or physical appointment .
That is simply the question she is asking. She only needs reassurance it is the right appointment she booked but for a physical interview.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aestake: 11:09pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

@aestake

1. You the spectator is going to be the one to be faced out because you are worthless by just reading our contributions on NL and clapping your hands for us. Bald head men are better than empty head.

Best Wishes 🙏
Phased out please. Be cordial. This agbero way sef.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:18am On Mar 13
rossycheeks:

It will be a physical interview. I want to assume your daughter is now a teenager. If yes, then it is solely for finger printing. That's what happens when they get to that age. They refuse them with 221g then ask them to come in for interview. It is usually for finger print.

Unless there is something else that cropped up during your previous visits.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:16am On Mar 13
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠
Best Wishes 🙏

This is a very condescending and rude response to anyone. It is unnecessary and uncalled for.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 10:50pm On Mar 13
Which embassy?
AnCorner:
Does anyone know of any group that I can join to get interview dates? I'll appreciate if I can find one. Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 10:56pm On Mar 13
Send a mail let me add you to a telegram group
mercyp001:
Please, what method can someone use to get close interview appointment date? This far year is disheartening.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rossycheeks: 5:00am On Mar 14
Sara2022:

You need to schedule an in person interview, check her portal for dates. Did she stay for a long period on the last visa or think of anything that may have occurred after the last visa that might require an interview. Was she a minor when she was issued the last visa? Try to figure out what it might be so she can prepare and respond to their questions appropriately.

Thank you for your response. You have answered my question. I've scheduled the interview already.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rossycheeks: 5:04am On Mar 14
Thanks. I really appreciate your response. That's the confirmation i was looking for.
helpee:
Hello, I understand what you are saying . The appointment letter still looks exactly like the IW appointment letter . Infact, the priority will still say WITHOUT INTERVIEW.
Don’t worry. It is the physical appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rossycheeks: 5:32am On Mar 14
Thanks a million for your response. I appreciate.
flourishing247:

It will be a physical interview. I want to assume your daughter is now a teenager. If yes, then it is solely for finger printing. That's what happens when they get to that age. They refuse them with 221g then ask them to come in for interview. It is usually for finger print.

Unless there is something else that cropped up during your previous visits.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fearlessfang: 10:21am On Mar 14
I have a friend who wants to visit US from Nigeria. I would have suggested the F-1 route but he has no degree.

What is the best way for him to visit US? Conference or just vacation? If vacation or conference what is the best advice?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:34am On Mar 14
fearlessfang:
I have a friend who wants to visit US from Nigeria. I would have suggested the F-1 route but he has no degree.

What is the best way for him to visit US? Conference or just vacation? If vacation or conference what is the best advice?

Thank you

Vacation and support with prayers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ninaskylar: 12:45pm On Mar 14
Good afternoon everyone! I applied for my mom's visa interview in 2022. The only available dates at that time were in 2024. I was able to schedule one in May 2024. I received an email that it has been rescheduled to an earlier date in April 2024. It's been a while and there's been so many updates since then.

My question is do I need to create a new DS-160 for her with updated information? She has a new passport number and the DS-160 on her profile is the one from 2022.

What are the other things that may need updating as well?

Thank you!

***I modified my post to state that her visa application is for the B1/B2 visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:34pm On Mar 14
Ninaskylar:
Good afternoon everyone! I applied for my mom's visa interview in 2022. The only available dates at that time were in 2024. I was able to schedule one in May 2024. I received an email that it has been rescheduled to an earlier date in April 2024. It's been a while and there's been so many updates since then.

My question is do I need to create a new DS-160 for her with updated information? She has a new passport number and the DS-160 on her profile is the one from 2022.

Thank you!

2022 has been a long time. Fill a new form, put her new passport number , take both passports to the embassy because she got the visa fee on the previous passport. Update the passport number on her appointment scheduling profile or call the contact center to update for you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14
Ninaskylar:

Thank you!

Hey 🤠

1. Fill another DS 160
2. Open your cgi profile and update (input the new DS 160 confirmation number and the new passport number and click save.
3. Go back to mama's cgi profile afyer 3 days and request to print another visa appointment letter.

4. The new ds 160 number and the new passport number will reflect on the printed appointment letter (automatic update after 3 days .

5. If you want to do perfection , you can as well email the embassy via cgi feedback that you want them to update mama's new passport number and new ds 160 number . By stopping in number 4 above have sorted your issue .

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ninaskylar: 12:54am On Mar 15
Debbieeeeeee:

2022 has been a long time. Fill a new form, put her new passport number , take both passports to the embassy because she got the visa fee on the previous passport. Update the passport number on her appointment scheduling profile or call the contact center to update for you.

Thank you so much for your response!

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.