Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,423 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (974496 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 4:10am On May 27
Soludonido:

Please don't file for him, he will spoil every chances he gets. And besides, there is a visa retrogression for GC. So getting GC through relative filling is a long process. He should apply again and re-strategies his story. Goodluck

Stop saying what you don't know.

The daughter can petition for him once she becomes a US Citizen but not a permanent resident.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soludonido: 12:39pm On May 27
Beautyaddy:

Stop saying what you don't know.

The daughter can petition for him once she becomes a US Citizen but not a permanent resident.

I am not sure you read my comment right aunty, where and when did I say the daughter can't petition??! I only said the wait for him to get GC is long🙄 nawa

So you think it's better for him to wait till his daughter becomes a citizen, instead of him reapplying 😏

And I know what I'm saying because some of us still dey the line.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soludonido: 12:49pm On May 27
flourishing247:

Spoil how? People on the line still get visas. Although I understand you about the delay in process interviews. I thought it has improved.

Yeah, people still get visas but the wait is undeniably long and frustrating.

If he starts the filling, he will not apply for a nonimmigrant visa again o so if his GC process takes 1 or 2 years(yes it can, high possibility ) does it mean that he will stay 2 years without traveling to see his children? That was why I said he should reapply for the B1/2 visa.

My two cents ✌️

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:08pm On May 27
Blackfinegirl:
Is there anyone who dropped passport for Usa renewal via dropbox last month and has gotten a feedback from the embassy

Can someone answer pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nnewsnjobs: 8:09pm On May 27
julius61:

Hi! Is it Lagos or Abuja?

Is Lagos, I have cancel it today, you can check

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 10:01pm On May 27
My question may sound funny, but I really want to know... Is there a certain dress code that is required of somebody on his/her day of appointment/interview? I really need answer to this cos my appointment is by next month. Thanks everyone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:06pm On May 27
rtdCivilservant:
My question may sound funny, but I really want to know... Is there a certain dress code that is required of somebody on his/her day of appointment/interview? I really need answer to this cos my appointment is by next month. Thanks everyone.

No it’s not a funny question.
Smart casual always work. Don’t overdress. Don’t underdress so you are not judged by your appearance before the interview start.
Smart casual and grooming.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:08pm On May 27
Soludonido:

Yeah, people still get visas but the wait is undeniably long and frustrating.

If he starts the filling, he will not apply for a nonimmigrant visa again o so if his GC process takes 1 or 2 years(yes it can, high possibility ) does it mean that he will stay 2 years without traveling to see his children? That was why I said he should reapply for the B1/2 visa.

My two cents ✌️

Interview Dates for B1/B/2 is about as long.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nellie160: 11:23pm On May 27
Hi I’m new here and I have a question.

My parents are planning to visit me in the US (I did my MSc and I’m on STEM OPT right now) and their interview is coming up. What are likely questions they would be asked?
Is there a group that they can join for mock interviews?
What additional documents should they take for the interview?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soludonido: 12:08am On May 28
Nellie160:

My parents are planning to visit me in the US (I did my MSc and I’m on STEM OPT right now) and their interview is coming up. What are likely questions they would be asked?

Thank you.

Following. Same situation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obamen12345: 2:40am On May 28
Good morning
Please has anyone receive any response from IRCC for spouse vise since March 2024.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:21am On May 28
Obamen12345:
Good morning
Please has anyone receive any response from IRCC for spouse vise since March 2024.
Wrong thread.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:23am On May 28
Nellie160:

Thank you.

Interviews are based on the DS160 profile filled by applicants. That is where you all should focus on.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:29am On May 28
Nellie160:

Thank you.

Hey 🤠

1. If your parents are literates the consular would expect them to know basic info about you ie city where you live, name of your Host-University and how many kids do they themselves have.

2. If you are living in a University housing then it is unlikely that thy 're going to be staying with you in the hostel dorm or apartment. Hotel reservation might be appropriate for them.

3. They should be able to provide ties to Nigeria, jobs confirmation, ownership of house , lands and the ability to cover their trips .

4. They should be trained to be friendly and polite towards the consular and not claim their rights of visiting you.

5. Their proof of funds, office I'd cards, leave letters /payslips, . Copy of your identification, evidence of your OPT and your proof of availability of funds (if you 're the one paying for their trips) are few of the documents they can go along with.

6. They should not join any group. You can go back to the beginning of this thread and familiarise yourself with possible questions and answers which you can use to train them at home. This open forum where you are reading from me now is 100% better than any group. Group will complicate thier visa process.

Best Wishes🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 8:09am On May 28
Davsidoo:
Hello house, please which hotel is recommended to stay in Abuja for the period of my visa interview?

Please help
When is your interview date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 1:28pm On May 28
For those who did the Interview Waiver (dropbox). how long did it take between submitting your application at DHL to receiving your passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 5:29pm On May 28
mrsnoname:
For those who did the Interview Waiver (dropbox). how long did it take between submitting your application at DHL to receiving your passport?

When did you submit passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 6:16pm On May 28
fkj950ax:

No it’s not a funny question.
Smart casual always work. Don’t overdress. Don’t underdress so you are not judged by your appearance before the interview start.
Smart casual and grooming.
Thank u very much.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by osurvey: 8:44pm On May 28
E be like Visa via the interview waiver (drop box) now takes time o. What's going on?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 9:26pm On May 28
Thank you for this! I was beginning to think I made a mistake with the entire thing.
HajiaRai:
Hi.
There is no issue with it.

My personal experience: last visa was to expire 27 February 2024. I submitted my IW application Dec 4 2023 and picked up my passport with new visa Dec 15 2023

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shofat4real(m): 10:02pm On May 28
Hey Friends!

Please what's the closest interview appointment date now? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 8:47am On May 29
osurvey:
E be like Visa via the interview waiver (drop box) now takes time o. What's going on?

This!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyaboys: 1:26pm On May 29
Hello everyone, please I need a quick help on something urgent...I submitted an application more than six months ago, my interview is coming up soon so i filled and submitted another one today since it is more than six months. So the issue I have is, I wanted to log in to my dashboard to update the application # and print another appointment letter, but it says I have been blocked for security....has anybody experienced this? What can I do to resolve this? Many thanks for prompt response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IggyAzalea(f): 3:44pm On May 29
Iyaboys:
Hello everyone, please I need a quick help on something urgent...I submitted an application more than six months ago, my interview is coming up soon so i filled and submitted another one today since it is more than six months. So the issue I have is, I wanted to log in to my dashboard to update the application # and print another appointment letter, but it says I have been blocked for security....has anybody experienced this? What can I do to resolve this? Many thanks for prompt response

Hi Iyaboys,

May be u have been using Google chrome in your fone or laptop. Download Microsoft Edge or mozilla and try one of those browsers . Cheers.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:55pm On May 29
osurvey:
More people now eligible.
All those that got 2 years visa immediately after Covid in 2021/2022 are due for renewal and qualified.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:57pm On May 29
Iyaboys:
Email USinNigeria. They will verify the email address and unblock it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 4:52pm On May 29
Iyaboys:

You didn't need to fill a new form if the information in the initial form was still relevant. The only thing you need to do after six months of submitting your form is to take a new passport photograph..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciggy000(m): 6:07pm On May 29
Good evening house. Please I got an invite for an event taking place on the 26th of July where I'm going to be one of the keynote speakers. I just concluded all registration processes. Please what's the route to make this a reality and can a get a reliable help from this platform.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:07pm On May 29
ciggy000:
Good evening house. Please I got an invite for an event taking place on the 26th of July where I'm going to be one of the keynote speakers. I just concluded all registration processes. Please what's the route to make this a reality and can a get a reliable help from this platform.

Regards

Apply for Expedited Appointments on the ustraveldocs portal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:21pm On May 29
ciggy000:

Regards

Hey 🤠

1. Ask the event organisers to write an invitation letter to you and the letter must state your importance , as well as the disadvantages if you failed to attend the event.

2. You must also show evidence of where to stay (Hotel or other residential place) all through the event activities.

3. You will use the invitation letter as well as the accomodation evidence and MRV receipt to book an emergency appointment Under Business.

4. On the day of your interview, go to the embassy with : proof of funds, present occupation identifications, invitation letter from the event organisers and accomodation evidence, and be ready to proof ties (what will make you return back to Nigeria) to the consular .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stargirl054: 7:52pm On May 29
I'm new here. I have a similar case. Can I send you a private message @oyotunjiusa?
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. How did you know that your dad was denied based on lack or insufficient ties ?

2. Your mum who has traveled to the USA many times and even renewed visas " How did she prove ties ?

3. My friend your dad has sufficient ties but
his application for B2 visa was mishandled. He also did not have to take the deed of his house to the embassy .

4. You have to detect other areas . Those who handled the visa process did not get it right .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:11pm On May 29
Stargirl054:
I'm new here. I have a similar case. Can I send you a private message @oyotunjiusa?

Hey 🤠

1. Yes you can . Leave your email or check my sign on profile .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (451) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.