Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (938197 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spencatrading20: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
I have my visa interview scheduled for 27th July just to log into my cgi to find out that the interview has been cancelled without me getting any email. Please who else have had this experience
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
pointednose:
You can submit and save the DS-160 form and it will still be valid till the time of your appointment. However, you can also still fill another DS-160 form up to 72 hours to your appointment date. But you will need to update your profile on the CGI page to the new application ID on your new DS-160 form. Failure to that will have consequence of you losing your appointment.
thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thanks for your response.

I have not booked any local flight yet since I am not sure of how everything will pan out.

But I will be arriving JFK at 5pm, and I will definitely be declaring food.

Not sure if my local flight will be in JFK OR LaGuardia, that will depend on the airline I book.

If its too late, will it be better to get a hotel around the airport or look for someone to stay with for the night (just that I am feeling the person's location may be far from the airport, and also putting to consideration the price to get taxi to and fro if the person will not be picking me to and from the airport.
fkj950ax:

The question what time is the local flight you want to catch?
Is the flight in JFK or LaGuardia?

If you don't have anything to declare, you can be out of JFK 30-40mins after you land. They use self service kiosk and its fast.
But if you declare food, cash etc etc, add another 30-45mins
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
Again, lets assume I get done with checking out at 6pm. Will I still be able to catch a local flight even if within JFK? Putting into consideration, I will also need to check in to the local flight ahead of the exact flight time.
fkj950ax:

The question what time is the local flight you want to catch?
Is the flight in JFK or LaGuardia?

If you don't have anything to declare, you can be out of JFK 30-40mins after you land. They use self service kiosk and its fast.
But if you declare food, cash etc etc, add another 30-45mins
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thanks
PedigreeCity:

Congratulations!

I too gonna experience this some day!

Do enjoy your stay in the States...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
PedigreeCity:
Good day my people!

Am a silent reader on this group and I've gone through many pages here

Pls I need some response to my questions

In 2014 I was denied 3times on F1 visa

Got married in 2015
Blessed with 3kids (A girl and 2 boy)
I have a house property of my own with Land Survey and Government Approved Building Plan documents in my full name

Am planning a 3week vacation for next year
I have no travel history
I have no intent of taking my family along
I have no single relatives in the US
I will be 37yrs of age by next year, when I will be going for the vacation
Please what are the other solid documents needed to boost my chance

What are my chances of getting the B1/B2 Visa

Many thanks in anticipation!

Since you have no relatives in U.S, why not try another country? travel history is very important to U.S consular...

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:36am On Jul 20, 2021
pointednose:

Again, lets assume I get done with checking out at 6pm. Will I still be able to catch a local flight even if within JFK? Putting into consideration, I will also need to check in to the local flight ahead of the exact flight time.

Why not search for the local flight first, and remove all the what ifs from the equation.
If your transit destination has a flight 8pm or 7pm or 10pm, then stay in JFK.
If you find a flight at LaGaurdia or Newark, push it till morning, get a hotel and be at the departing Airport in the morning.

You can't take a decision without first searching for the flights. Stop assuming. Aviation is too developed to work with assumptions.

Where are you going from NY? Which State?

5pm is rush hour in NY. Uber will be pricey. Anyone coming to pick you will have to leave early.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spencatrading20: 7:57am On Jul 20, 2021
Spencatrading20:
I have my visa interview scheduled for 27th July just to log into my cgi to find out that the interview has been cancelled without me getting any email. Please who else have had this experience

I have my visa interview scheduled for 27th July just to log into my cgi to find out that the interview has been cancelled without me getting any email. Please who else have had this experience. I need advise please. The visa category is b1/b2.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Slayyy001: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2021
pufframmy:
what of the case of 2 Applicant, which only one can be alter , how will someone change the second one

Good day ,have had a b1/B2 visa but I need to remember some facts . While filling Ds 160 for b1/b2, are you asked about your sponsors or parents profession ? Pls a quick response will be appreciated. Thanks �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sage7(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
I remember back in 2017 when I read all the threads for US visa just to apply for visiting visa to visit my girlfriend, now wife, only to be denied.

This thread was very hot back in ‘em years.

Never knew the day I’d be with her would come.

God bless Nigeria, God bless America!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
seyewest:

Since you have no relatives in U.S, why not try another country? travel history is very important to U.S consular...

With man this is impossible
but with GOD all things are POSSIBLE

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
PedigreeCity:

With man this is impossible
but with GOD all things are POSSIBLE

It's actually not about God, your application is full of red flag....do the right thing and save yourself money and time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 2:56am On Jul 21, 2021
seyewest:

Is it compulsorily one must have a relative in the States to be eligible for b1/b2 Visa

Do you mean no one can get b1/b2 Visa with Virgin passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 3:38am On Jul 21, 2021
seyewest:

It's actually not about God, your application is full of red flag....do the right thing and save yourself money and time.

Is it compulsorily one must have a relative in the States to be eligible for b1/b2 Visa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 8:31am On Jul 21, 2021
If I should book my b1/b2 visa this week,
Is it possible to travel out by end of the year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
PedigreeCity:

1. NO

2. Almost impossible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sheezybobby:
If I should book my b1/b2 visa this week,
Is it possible to travel out by end of the year

Current appointment date for b1b2 visa category is July 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
PedigreeCity:

I think what he is trying to say is your chances are low. But with travel history the probability is higher.

Of course there are people who got it the first time without having travelling history. A colleague of mine got it the first time without travel history and it was even for child birth. His wife and himself even renewed their visa and it was approved the second time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ggetter50: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hello guys, is there any way one can get appointment day nearer than next year at the US embassy? Like an express visa appointment?

Please I would appreciate if anyone can reply. Thanks a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
Thanks for responding.

I am actually asking in order to weigh my options whether to just get a hotel around or go for the option of staying with a loved one, and also getting uber may even be expensive and not worth the whole journey.

Searching for flights is not the issue..I just wanted to know the best decision to take, whether to stay in a hotel or otherwise.

Thanks for the response.

fkj950ax:

Why not search for the local flight first, and remove all the what ifs from the equation.
If your transit destination has a flight 8pm or 7pm or 10pm, then stay in JFK.
If you find a flight at LaGaurdia or Newark, push it till morning, get a hotel and be at the departing Airport in the morning.

You can't take a decision without first searching for the flights. Stop assuming. Aviation is too developed to work with assumptions.

Where are you going from NY? Which State?

5pm is rush hour in NY. Uber will be pricey. Anyone coming to pick you will have to leave early.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:12am On Jul 22, 2021
pointednose:
Thanks for responding.

I am actually asking in order to weigh my options whether to just get a hotel around or go for the option of staying with a loved one, and also getting uber may even be expensive and not worth the whole journey.

Searching for flights is not the issue..I just wanted to know the best decision to take, whether to stay in a hotel or otherwise.

Thanks for the response.

Aight.

JFK is the international terminal, and some airlines run domestic flights from JFK.
LGA is the designate domestic airport in NY, and its outside JFK. About 30mins I think.
NY and NJ share infrastructure, so it is not uncommon for some airlines to use EWR (Newark Airport) in NJ. You may see this when you search for flights. Just note you are going to NJ for that flight and that's extra time and transport money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DaDoctor: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2021
Good morning. I want to apply for a renewal of my expired visiting visa.

Please what are my chances of getting it renewed since I used the visa once despite the COVID pandemic

Anyone help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 9:14am On Jul 22, 2021
ultimatebas:

I think what he is trying to say is your chances are low. But with travel history the probability is higher.

Of course there are people who got it the first time without having travelling history. A colleague of mine got it the first time without travel history and it was even for child birth. His wife and himself even renewed their visa and it was approved the second time.

Thanks for this huge breakdown/analysis

God bless you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Yes

Godspal:
Good afternoon all,

I paid for visa fee in November 2019. While I was still making plans to submit the application, Corona came.

Will it still be valid? Or I need to make another payment.

The visa fee is B1/B2.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Pls is this July 2020 appointment for lagos or Abuja thanks.

Please can someone help me with dates for appointment, do we still have dates in Abuja for 2021. Or what date can one get in Lagos now. Thanks for the Swift response.

oluayebenz:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Pls the July 2021 appointment is it for lagos or Abuja thanks.

Also please can someone help me with dates for appointment, do we still have dates in Abuja for 2021. Or what date can one get in Lagos now. Thanks for the Swift response.

oluayebenz:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ggetter50: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2021
Hey guys, please can anyone help me with appointment date for this year for visiting visa? Lagos or Abuja is fine pls. This is urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2021

Christabeliciou
:

Pls the July 2021 appointment is it for lagos or Abuja thanks.

Also please can someone help me with dates for appointment, do we still have dates in Abuja for 2021. Or what date can one get in Lagos now. Thanks for the Swift response.

Current appointment for Abuja is April 2022 or so, am not very sure....

Lagos is July 27, 2022 currently

No appointment date for this year again in both Lagos and Abuja

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2021
ultimatebas:

When was this and what does she do for a living?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2021
Ggetter50:
Hey guys, please can anyone help me with appointment date for this year for visiting visa? Lagos or Abuja is fine pls. This is urgent
You should ask the Embassy, I doubt if you will get a date in 2021.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2021
seyewest:

When was this and what does she do for a living?

This was i think 2015 or 2016. I was narrating my wife's ordeal at Houston POE to a friend (how my wife went to put to bed in Houston) then he overheard our discussion. That was how he narrated his own story to me.
I don't know where his wife works but the husband is my colleague. The wife is a mechanical engineer and i think she was doing her masters in one of our Nigerian Universities then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.