Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (931905 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hello Pals, please I want to make some inquires.

I already filled the Ds160 form but was told to calm down that date for interview is full till next year by the Agent. He said the reason is because those using the F1 Visa and those going for medical Stuff are the one they are attending to, but I don't know if he lying or saying the truth because I contacted a guy on nairaland and he said the embassy is issuing emergency date for some.
My question is: the emergency date stuff; is it for those that registered last year or the embassy is full as he said even with the immigration passport Scarcity.

Help me out Palz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mulannoire(f): 12:59am On Jul 11, 2021
Hello guys, I’m having a little issue. I paid the visa fee about a month prior to filling the DS160 and now when i put in the receipt number, a message pops up saying it is invalid. Could it be i am wrong about what the MRV is on the receipt given? Kindly look at attached receipt, thank you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hilariouscandy(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2021
Tripletmom:

ok thanks but will i be able to renew now sincr i still have about 7 months left on it.

Yes you will be able to renew it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hilariouscandy(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2021
mulannoire:
Hello guys, I’m having a little issue. I paid the visa fee about a month prior to filling the DS160 and now when i put in the receipt number, a message pops up saying it is invalid. Could it be i am wrong about what the MRV is on the receipt given? Kindly look at attached receipt, thank you.

You might made a mistake on the receipt number you put earlier on, try it again this time check it very well.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kampack: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2021
Sorry guys,
My visa category printed on my receipt after I paid at GTB, says

Category: J1 student, instead of J1 scholar

I'm not a student

I didn't notice until I got home. I plan going back to lodge a complain at GTB bank. Perhaps because of my small stature, the lady at the bank felt there was no need to ask me of my exact category under J1, and abruptly concluded that I must be a student!

Can this be changed?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2021
Kampack:
Sorry guys,
My visa category printed on my receipt after I paid at GTB, says

Category: J1 student, instead of J1 scholar

I'm not a student

I didn't notice until I got home. I plan going back to lodge a complain at GTB bank. Perhaps because of my small stature, the lady at the bank felt there was no need to ask me of my exact category under J1, and abruptly concluded that I must be a student!

Can this be changed?

Be calming down o. I am sure the GTB staff didn't type student. These things are drop down menu. It is based on selection pre-filled by the embassy.
Your visa category is J1.
Student visa is not J1, so leave the planned confrontation out
Stop thinking you were profiled due to your stature. The GTB staff might have too much to handle, and profiling customers wouldn't be on her itinerary while under pressure.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MosakuAW(m): 8:54am On Jul 11, 2021
Hello all

@fkj950ax

I have filled my DS160 form but yet to submit. I have a question. The question goes:

Have you travelled out of your country in the last 5years? That means year 2016 to 2021.

I travelled to UK 2012 and 2014, Ghana 2012, Austrial 2014 and SA 2011. That means all these are not in the last 5years.

My question is, how will they know that I have travelled out of the country before because my old passport is what carried all these. My new passport was only issued this year. Won't my application be showing that i have never travelled out of my country before. Or should I just ignore the last 5years written and add all this. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tunyuz(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2021
Just fill that you have not travelled in the last five years, then during your interview, you might be asked if you have travelled out of the country before. You will just mention the countries you have been to and present your old passport as evidence to the v.o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tunyuz(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2021
MosakuAW:
Hello all

@fkj950ax

I have filled my DS160 form but yet to submit. I have a question. The question goes:

Have you travelled out of your country in the last 5years? That means year 2016 to 2021.

I travelled to UK 2012 and 2014, Ghana 2012, Austrial 2014 and SA 2011. That means all these are not in the last 5years.

My question is, how will they know that I have travelled out of the country before because my old passport is what carried all these. My new passport was only issued this year. Won't my application be showing that i have never travelled out of my country before. Or should I just ignore the last 5years written and add all this. Thanks

Just fill that you have not travelled in the last five years, then during your interview, you might be asked if you have travelled out of the country before. You will just mention the countries you have been to and present your old passport as evidence to the v.o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Please @ all,
With humility, I need your assistance as getting a conference to attend in USA is so difficult for me. I have educational background in Economics and law in Nigeria. Also, I own a successful business that is registered in Nigeria. I have been struggling to get a conference that I can attend between January and February 2022 in US.
Please, kindly guide me on how to get a reliable conference for Economics, law or trade related. Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dremca(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
In other words, you simply want to jakpa.
Leleky:
Please @ all,
With humility, I need your assistance as getting a conference to attend in USA is so difficult for me. I have educational background in Economics and law in Nigeria. Also, I own a successful business that is registered in Nigeria. I have been struggling to get a conference that I can attend between January and February 2022 in US.
Please, kindly guide me on how to get a reliable conference for Economics, law or trade related. Thanks for your anticipated responses.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
Dremca:
In other words, you simply want to jakpa.

Take it easy please. I am waiting for your contribution towards my quest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
Leleky:

Take it easy please. I am waiting for your contribution towards my quest.

Why do you want to attend just any conference in the USA?

You should know what interests you or aligns to your business or career goal. Asking random people to find conferences for your quest is...

A vacation is more believable than this conference of yours.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eseevans2018: 5:42am On Jul 12, 2021
prejulsuc:
please what is link I can use to book appointment date.Thanks

Please I tried sending you an email. Please I need your friends contact who got an interview date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2021
Leleky:
Please @ all,

Perhaps it is difficult because this isn't a legitimate request, but a fraudulent attempt to circumvent US visa laws.

Chances that you will find an in-person conference in early 2022 is slim to none. Most conferences remain web-based.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dremca(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2021
Good morning boss. I was about mentioning your moniker so as to help him with a better answer. It is very obvious his intentions is to "Jakpa" by asking such question.
TWoods:

Perhaps it is difficult because this isn't a legitimate request, but a fraudulent attempt to circumvent US visa laws.

Chances that you will find an in-person conference in early 2022 is slim to none. Most conferences remain web-based.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2021
Dremca:
Good morning boss. I was about mentioning your moniker so as to help him with a better answer. It is very obvious his intentions is to "Jakpa" by asking such question.
what’s your business with him wanting to use the visa to Jakpa?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2021
Dremca:
My dear busy body @ Dremca, honestly I do not understand why you are shouting "Jakpa" as if you just learnt this jargon. Meanwhile, I cannot join issues with you but I'm concentrating on how to make my dream become a reality. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nadesh(f): 11:54am On Jul 12, 2021
Eseevans2018:

Please I tried sending you an email. Please I need your friends contact who got an interview date.
she will not reply. She only comes to ask questions, get answers and move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mulannoire(f): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
hilariouscandy:

You might made a mistake on the receipt number you put earlier on, try it again this time check it very well.

Thank you for your response. I have tried several times but still no show. I am assuming is the receipt number is the transaction reference?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enyi2020: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please, what is the status with people previously refused on the reason of discounted birth bill? Has anybody under this category lucky to renew recently? Was the issue raised on your interview OR you had to offset the discount before presenting for the interview? Kind response will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
Damian457:
what’s your business with him wanting to use the visa to Jakpa?
Leleky:

My dear busy body @ Dremca, honestly I do not understand why you are shouting "Jakpa" as if you just learnt this jargon. Meanwhile, I cannot join issues with you but I'm concentrating on how to make my dream become a reality. Thanks.

This is why Dropbox got canceled on us. This is why refusal rate is higher than approval rate. You may think it's not his business , but it is actually his business, and mine, and 200m other people, because that action is used to judge the rest of us by the US Government. We speak of a better society, but this is not walking the talk.

Nigeria is in a shitty place right now and everyone wants to leave the country for better options, but we shouldn't let ourselves get to a place of being confident in breaking someone's laws, and expect everyone else to support you or look away. That's what caused the 419 and romance scam label on us all. Most foreigners don't know we have a lousy economy and government, the green passport is linked to scam globally.
Nobody on this forum can prevent you from abusing your visa, its your prerogative. Even the US legal system makes that option open for you with lots of hurdles, but don't expect people to give you a pat on the back while you are mortgaging their chances of embarking on genuine visit to the US.
And of all the posts on this thread that shows the true intention of people seeking B1/B2 visa, yours is the most unimaginative. An application by someone with a background in economics and law that also owns a successful business shouldn't have any problem getting approval for B1/B2 visa if you just applied normally, but randomly looking for any conference to attend is risible. A simple question from even a rookie VO about the conference will get you a denial.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MosakuAW(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hello all,

Please, help. I paid for my son's visa fee using my GTbank mobile banking app and shows suceesful but I did not get and receipt from gtbank to show that payment was made.

I thought I was to get a generated receipts showing details like name, passport number and reference number, but I got none.

Please educate me on what to do next. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sappy1981: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Also, for most countries, post COVID conferences and trainings are now Hybrid in nature.

You must have a very compelling reason to attend a physical meeting/training and do not forget that the VO can run a check whilst you are being interviewed.

Online trainings/conference cost less than 40% so why will you Company want to spend more. Since both mediums deliver the same result.

My candid thoughts.

TWoods:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sappy1981: 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2021
Also, for most countries, post COVID conferences and trainings are now Hybrid in nature.

You must have a very compelling reason to attend a physical meeting/training and do not forget that the VO can run a check whilst you are being interviewed. Since both mediums deliver the same result.

My candid thoughts.

TWoods:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Santa2: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Enyi2020:
Please, what is the status with people previously refused on the reason of discounted birth bill? Has anybody under this category lucky to renew recently? Was the issue raised on your interview OR you had to offset the discount before presenting for the interview? Kind response will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Would like response to this question too. Interested in it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
What I'm seeing here is that we should forget conference foe now. So does it mean that tourism is preferable as reason to visit usa now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: DadR and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.