Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (938177 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
Na wa oh! No interview appointment till July 2022 for B1/B2 visa tongue embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Kampack:
Sorry guys,
My visa category printed on my receipt after I paid at GTB, says

Category: J1 student, instead of J1 scholar

I'm not a student

I didn't notice until I got home. I plan going back to lodge a complain at GTB bank. Perhaps because of my small stature, the lady at the bank felt there was no need to ask me of my exact category under J1, and abruptly concluded that I must be a student!

Can this be changed?

It doesn’t matter. I used the visa fee i paid for B1/B2 to process F1 visa. Nobody made any fuss about it, it’s same 67k so it’s acceptable. Just fill the correct category on your forms

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
MosakuAW:
Hello all

@fkj950ax

I have filled my DS160 form but yet to submit. I have a question. The question goes:

Have you travelled out of your country in the last 5years? That means year 2016 to 2021.

I travelled to UK 2012 and 2014, Ghana 2012, Austrial 2014 and SA 2011. That means all these are not in the last 5years.

My question is, how will they know that I have travelled out of the country before because my old passport is what carried all these. My new passport was only issued this year. Won't my application be showing that i have never travelled out of my country before. Or should I just ignore the last 5years written and add all this. Thanks

Carry your old passports that contain the visas with you to the embassy for your interview and make sure it’s visible to the VO, he will know you have some stamps on it and that’s why you have the passports with you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hilariouscandy(m): 2:05am On Jul 15, 2021
mulannoire:

Thank you for your response. I have tried several times but still no show. I am assuming is the receipt number is the transaction reference?

Yes it’s the transaction reference.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2021
Leleky:
What I'm seeing here is that we should forget conference foe now. So does it mean that tourism is preferable as reason to visit usa now?

You're too desperate.... do you have any travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by igit270: 11:44am On Jul 15, 2021
Please gow do I address a letter to American Embassy in Lagos
Is it
The consulate/consular
America embassy

Or am wrong . please someone guide me urgently,my employer want to issue a letter to them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2021
You can book an interview date without submitting the DS160 form. After you book appointment you can submit the Ds160 form. But make sure the Ds160 does not stay more than a month

nadesh:
u cannot book interview dates without submitting but u can change it(fill another DS160 form and update on your profile)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Pls can one help with the earliest date for appointment for Lagos and Abuja.
If there is anyone that can help me with earliest date for 2021 kindly let me know pls. As I heard some people know how to get earliest date. Tnx

Christabeliciou:
You can book an interview date without submitting the DS160 form. After you book appointment you can submit the Ds160 form. But make sure the Ds160 does not stay more than a month

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
what of the case of 2 Applicant, which only one can be alter , how will someone change the second one
Christabeliciou:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teau: 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please a quick question, currently can B1/B2 visa holders travel out of Nigeria to US?
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good day my people!

Am a silent reader on this group and I've gone through many pages here

Pls I need some response to my questions

In 2014 I was denied 3times on F1 visa

Got married in 2015
Blessed with 3kids (A girl and 2 boy)
I have a house property of my own with Land Survey and Government Approved Building Plan documents in my full name

Am planning a 3week vacation for next year
I have no travel history
I have no intent of taking my family along
I have no single relatives in the US
I will be 37yrs of age by next year, when I will be going for the vacation
Please what are the other solid documents needed to boost my chance

What are my chances of getting the B1/B2 Visa

Many thanks in anticipation!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Teau:
Hello Everyone,

Please a quick question, currently can B1/B2 visa holders travel out of Nigeria to US?
thanks

Yes they can
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Greata28: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good evening house. I just finished filling the visitor visa form and submitted it. I also got my confirmation mail. Please how do I go about payment and choosing an appointment date please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Greata28:
Good evening house. I just finished filling the visitor visa form and submitted it. I also got my confirmation mail. Please how do I go about payment and choosing an appointment date please.

If you have GTB online banking, you can pay directly from your GTB, otherwise go to a GTB branch and tell them you want to pay for US Visa Fees.

Afterwards, go to ustraveldoc.com/ng, create an account, fill all the required details and you will need the confirmation numbers from the form you submitted (DS160) and the GTB Payment.
You will be able to book an appointment here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:01am On Jul 16, 2021
PedigreeCity:

Got married in 2015
Blessed with 3kids (A girl and 2 boy)
I have a house property of my own with Land Survey and Government Approved Building Plan documents in my full name

Am planning a 3week vacation for next year
I have no travel history
I have no intent of taking my family along
I have no single relatives in the US
Please what are the other solid documents needed to boost my chance

What are my chances of getting the B1/B2 Visa

Documents may not be necessary.
The things that carries weight are job/business and a good income from either or both.
That shows you are coming back to. Your family is noted. You will be asked why going without them.

3 weeks and being away at your place of income. Are you self employed or working somewhere and on leave?

No relative in US means you are going to spend 20 nights in hotels (let's assume its $65/night) at $1,300 for bed and breakfast alone.
This will be compared with your income.
There is feeding, transportation, admission fees for places, shopping, etc etc.

What are your plans for 3 weeks. You will be asked what you will spend the 20 days doing. A travel plan? Tourist locations. A solo traveler alone for 3 weeks needs an exhaustive vacation plan.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 2:38am On Jul 16, 2021
fkj950ax:

Documents may not be necessary.
The things that carries weight are job/business and a good income from either or both.
That shows you are coming back to. Your family is noted. You will be asked why going without them.

3 weeks and being away at your place of income. Are you self employed or working somewhere and on leave?

No relative in US means you are going to spend 20 nights in hotels (let's assume its $65/night) at $1,300 for bed and breakfast alone.
This will be compared with your income.
There is feeding, transportation, admission fees for places, shopping, etc etc.

What are your plans for 3 weeks. You will be asked what you will spend the 20 days doing. A travel plan? Tourist locations. A solo traveler alone for 3 weeks needs an exhaustive vacation plan.

I really appreciate your good points and quick response.
I will work on those vital points!
Thanks and
God bless you richly!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 5:47am On Jul 16, 2021
Christabeliciou:
You can book an interview date without submitting the DS160 form. After you book appointment you can submit the Ds160 form. But make sure the Ds160 does not stay more than a month please since the date d date for d interview is still far away can I submit my ds160 few weeks to d interview?..I heard is good to submit few weeks to the interview .........

[/quote[quote author=PedigreeCity post=103753336]

Thanks and
God bless you richly!
]
PedigreeCity:

Thanks and
God bless you richly!
Can I save it till the month of d interview ?.but the site said 30 days after 30 days will my ds160 form disappear from their site . Please I really need answers because I have already book appointment date but yet to submit my ds160 form and my interview date is next year june,will it not be too far if I choose to submit now and what happen after I refuse to submit before 30days . Thanks as I wait for answers in the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by igit270: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2021
igit270:
Please gow do I address a letter to American Embassy in Lagos
Is it
The consulate/consular
America embassy

Or am wrong . please someone guide me urgently,my employer want to issue a letter to them

Please someone please answer me on this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
If after booking appointment, while will u want to wait till next year before submitting. Pls my candid opinion is submit in the next 30days, wat r you filling that will take that long. You see the way things are changing every now and then with this visa processing stuff. Don't waste time pls. However you have opportunity to reschedule another appointment if you are not ok with d present one. Note you just have one more chance to reschedule if u ve not.

[quote author=prejulsuc post=103755028][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kisling: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hi All!

Please is there a forum for US Immigrant Visa Applicants from Nigeria? If any, please help me with the link.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
igit270:

Please someone please answer me on this

Why not Google it. You are online, you have data, you are making comments.
Google American Embassy Lagos official address, and make sure you copy what's on a site that ends with .gov.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teau: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
thanks for the response Nelem
I appreciate it.

nelem:

Yes they can
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
Christabeliciou thankspost=103770724:
If after booking appointment, while will u want to wait till next year before submitting. Pls my candid opinion is submit in the next 30days, wat r you filling that will take that long. You see the way things are changing every now and then with this visa processing stuff. Don't waste time pls. However you have opportunity to reschedule another appointment if you are not ok with d present one. Note you just have one more chance to reschedule if u ve not.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
MosakuAW:
Hello all,

Please, help. I paid for my son's visa fee using my GTbank mobile banking app and shows suceesful but I did not get and receipt from gtbank to show that payment was made.

I thought I was to get a generated receipts showing details like name, passport number and reference number, but I got none.

Please educate me on what to do next. Thanks

Check the email that attached to your Gtbank
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godspal: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Good afternoon all,

I paid for visa fee in November 2019. While I was still making plans to submit the application, Corona came.

Will it still be valid? Or I need to make another payment.

The visa fee is B1/B2.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CravingChic: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
nadesh:
she will not reply. She only comes to ask questions, get answers and move

It's really unfair. There are others who do sane too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Greata28: 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
Good evening house. Please is there a limit to the number of times you can log in to check available dates on the site after payment?.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
Try to check like three times a day (maximum). Anything more than that may lead to temporary suspension.
Greata28:
Good evening house. Please is there a limit to the number of times you can log in to check available dates on the site after payment?.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
You can submit and save the DS-160 form and it will still be valid till the time of your appointment. However, you can also still fill another DS-160 form up to 72 hours to your appointment date. But you will need to update your profile on the CGI page to the new application ID on your new DS-160 form. Failure to that will have consequence of you losing your appointment. [quote author=prejulsuc post=103755028][/quote]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hello all,

I will be arriving JFK airport at 5pm..and I know it will still take sometime to check out. Will I still be able to catch a local flight at that time?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
pointednose:
Hello all,

I will be arriving JFK airport at 5pm..and I know it will still take sometime to check out. Will I still be able to catch a local flight at that time?

The question what time is the local flight you want to catch?
Is the flight in JFK or LaGuardia?

If you don't have anything to declare, you can be out of JFK 30-40mins after you land. They use self service kiosk and its fast.
But if you declare food, cash etc etc, add another 30-45mins

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PedigreeCity: 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
pointednose:
Hello all,

Congratulations!

I too gonna experience this some day!

Do enjoy your stay in the States...

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53