Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129701 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2020
osazsky:
I am a tax payer I pay more than 20k every month..I even have TIN number but I have not received 1k atleast they should pay us something even if its 500 naira atleast it will be on record that this govt rewarded tax payers with a token during d covid period and d govt would be remembered for that
bro leave that clown aka mama thank you boy. he doesn't know what he's saying. . omo stupid
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Yaismayaila(m): 12:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Dried bread at home is better than roasted fish abroad.
Better come back and join us���

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by glowingflame7: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2020
salford1:

I never said it was or wasn't special. You must have misread my post. My post was just addressing those that were quick to convert to naira. Economics does not work that way. Alot of Canadians would rather prefer to be working. You earn in dollars, you spend in dollars. That was the point of that post. Nothing to do with roads, apartments, food etc
That's one of my post below on this same topic.

Okay, better.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by naijacann: 12:10am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

My friend SHAAARAAAAP!
Canada invested the little money they had and made progress in developing their economy over years
What did Nigeria do with all the Money realized from oil and tax over all these years? They were all looted.
Maybe if our useless leaders had developed our economy well over these years, who the hell is Canada to compete with us?

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by pattybf(f): 12:12am On Apr 22, 2020
Aidejay:
People should stop comparing Nigeria and Canada, Nigeria and Kenya, Nigeria and this Nigeria and that. Its just insulting, rather compare Nigeria and kuvuki land or any of the other fictitious countries.

grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 22, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

[s]But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship[/s]

Doubting Nigerian Thomas, You don't need to be a citizen here in United States to Receive the $1200 stimulus package, all you need is to be legal resident that has an SSN and files in your annual tax returns and not all citizens and legal residents even qualified to get the stimulus package from the US government since there are some exemptions especially defaulters of child support payments while Canada even goes an extra mile to provide for even those that are not legal residents in their country.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Thane88: 12:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Jim Reeves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by emmiem(f): 12:22am On Apr 22, 2020
Nnaa biko enjoy
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by InvertedHammer: 12:22am On Apr 22, 2020
/
Good thing calling out Nigerian government.

The money can only last him 1 month in Canada. Converting it to Nigeria is just to seek unnecessary attention. Eg. US govt is giving $1200 which is not enough for a month rent on 1bdr apartment in most metropolis. But something is better than nothing.

Now that his umunna have seen that he collected $2200 in this hard times, he go hear am. "E no dey" can't be an excuse grin
\

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Validated: 12:27am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
How do you pay tax on relief fund? Stop consoling yourselves in Nigeria. In Canada if you are a low income earner you receive benefits especially if you have children of 16 and below. They are even giving $200 per child for online educational expenses. In Lagos, your average PAYE is about 21% of your income. I know because I worked there and was earning about six digits. In Canada, with an income of between 80K - $99k, your average tax is about 21%. Then when you file your tax in April, you could get refunds out that tax, especially if you put something out as savings. In Lagos, noone cares if your company over deduct your tax ... no refunds, nothing. Worse still the Naira is fallin5 in value like burning wax.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by PropertyBuying(f): 12:27am On Apr 22, 2020
inoki247:
People dey call radio station for here to beg the Government to share something reach dere side
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Powerintoxicate: 12:32am On Apr 22, 2020
iswallker:

Not citizens but they have their records as either tax paying resedents or unemployed.. grin
hello even refugees get free housing and feeding in Western countries. They even get cheques. So not even in this time of a compulsory stay at home
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Iluvmycontr3: 12:33am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

Point of correction- The population of Canada is around 35million.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by timesup234: 12:35am On Apr 22, 2020
This one na mumu. See him face like akamu wey don spoil. Slave in shithole Canada
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 12:36am On Apr 22, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
hello even refugees get free housing and feeding in Western countries. They even get cheques. So not even in this time of a compulsory stay at home
This reminded me of a naija refugee guy when I was a student in the UK back in 2008. That guy was chopping life. Dey cook all sort of orisirisi. He was given a room to share with 3 other refugees and got stipends every week from the gov. Anytime we naija students are hungry, we just fall in to his house. grin

Dude came in before they started thumb printing. Threw his passport away and started claiming he was from Sierra Leone. The government eventually gave him a British passport las las grin.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Jaspernubi: 12:37am On Apr 22, 2020
Canada Population is 35 Million NOT 24 million people.

kikero:
Hmm

Modified

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by timesup234: 12:40am On Apr 22, 2020
gotnel:
The consequence of the Canadians people actions is what they are actually reaping.
The problem with us here in Nigeria is that both the government and the people are problematic.
No miracle is happening in Canada.
People pay taxes as an when due. Government officials carried out their responsibility accordingly.
There are many reasons why their success stories is palatable.

Here in Nigeria, we are all cutting corners in every way.
Government officials are rogues.
The man on the street is a major rogues than the man in government.
Everything about us here is for cheating.
We are all to blame in this country.
Canada has no success story. It is all myth
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by HILLTOP7: 12:42am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
You people should pay us too.
We are ready to pay tax
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by iPOOPinURmouth: 12:45am On Apr 22, 2020
audio

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by uzochinedu: 12:53am On Apr 22, 2020
Nothing do you carry go
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Prymestrr(m): 12:54am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
In 2019 alone, I paid 917k as PAYE tax. How much have I received from your govt as palliative Afterall, according to them, I have over 5k in my account so I'm not part of poorest of the poor. Eranu...
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Frk247: 12:57am On Apr 22, 2020
This can only happy in a country that has a workable system
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Jflex07(m): 12:58am On Apr 22, 2020
shiwex:

You reap what you sow......Canada, US, UK.....these are countries where people pay their taxes not just cook u p some digits and say they pay taxes. How many Nigerians pay taxes and they want government to credit their accounts.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Shut up! I've been paying taxes since 2013,one kobo did I get?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by abuhusna1: 12:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Ireland pays 160k per week and will last 12weeks subject to review if corona continues to everyone which is better than Canadian one time pay
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by timesup234: 1:02am On Apr 22, 2020
Ojinkpo2016:
what are you coming here to do ,unless hell fire on earth dey hungry you
You are in hell fire yet have money to buy data to come fool yourself on nairaland. You have eaten five times already today. Can't you see over belleful has numb your brain?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Fhemmmy: 1:03am On Apr 22, 2020
gotnel:
The consequence of the Canadians people actions is what they are actually reaping.
The problem with us here in Nigeria is that both the government and the people are problematic.
No miracle is happening in Canada.
People pay taxes as an when due. Government officials carried out their responsibility accordingly.
There are many reasons why their success stories is palatable.

Here in Nigeria, we are all cutting corners in every way.
Government officials are rogues.
The man on the street is a major rogues than the man in government.
Everything about us here is for cheating.
We are all to blame in this country.

I think the government should provide the basic necessity first and then expect people to do the right thing . . . .How on earth do you explain there is no light in a nation in 2020, no need for any invention but just buy and install then maintain it regularly.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by forinclay: 1:04am On Apr 22, 2020
From the comments I read on this thread it shows some Nigerians actually love their country and wish to see it work. I wouldn't blame the mess we are in entirely on the leaders in fact 85% of the blame would be on we the masses. Come 2023 you would hear something like he is hausa/fulani man, he is a faithful Christian and other gibberish... Talk about merit? Talk about changing the constitution to allign with current global challenges? We would just argue on our keyboards and go back to sleep hoping to wake up to a Nigeria we didnt create!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by timesup234: 1:09am On Apr 22, 2020
guru90:
Brother, No dream of coming back to this H.E.L.L. My Germany Visa is almost ready before this CORONAVIRUS started.

Ordinary 5k they can't even share.

They only focus on their Northerners brother and sister...sending them 20k and even 30k depends.....

Northerners are cheating us very well in this Nig.

Some fools will keep on shouting One Nig....
Hand go soon meet you for that Germany you dey run go. You never see anything. Your brainwashing still dey early stage. Na small time remain you go get sense
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Udoskybest: 1:10am On Apr 22, 2020
Meanwhile, is yet to defend bubu grin
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 1:13am On Apr 22, 2020
abuhusna1:
Ireland pays 160k per week and will last 12weeks subject to review if corona continues to everyone which is better than Canadian one time pay
Canada is not one time pay. They can reapply for up to 4 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.