Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129679 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Observer1: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.

You're funny sha,in coro pandemic Nigerian police has killed more Nigerians than the feared virus itself and you still have mouth to talk about kolo oyinbo.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by karkinase(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
TruthinAction:
Nigeria money is only meant for a few thieves. This country is very rich but our polithiefians loot our monies. Even the revenue we generate is more than ten times what they declare. Over 80% goes to private pocket. This will be confirmed the day we have an honest President.
Wrong! I was like you years back thinking Nigeria is rich becos of the way our ppl flaunt wealth, but Nigeria is indeed far from being a Rich country and the sad part is the little we make is looted mercilessly by wicked n clueless leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by iswallker(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
do you pay your NEPA bills? I'm sure you do. Do you shop around supermarkets, or buy petrol at the filling station? Almost everyone does these stuff so what you talking about?

So how much was the VAT on your last disco payment..

And I never see VAT figures on shopping mall payments - I am thinking you may help out to throw more light..
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DeAlphaMale(m): 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
I hope you get ur treasure quickly
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
DexterousOne:

So something did not tell you that it's the talents that are moving en masse abroad
Especially to Canada and Australia

USA and Britain are also using underhand to poach our talents

Like I always say on this forum
With the rate at which skilled talent is leaving

Na agbero and MC Oluomo dem go full Nigeria
Make Nigeria scatter kpata kpata

Useless country with useless people
Soon enough MC Oluomo will represent Lagos in the house of Senate.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Longman8: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
"A chick that will grow into a Cockerel will be spoted the very day it hatches"today govt now learn to share palliative around the country just because it has come to this point. How I wish this sharing was never done only during elections when they hunger for our votes.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Powerintoxicate: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
iswallker:

So how much was the VAT on your last disco payment..

And I never see VAT figures on shopping mall payments - I am thinking you may help out to throw more light..
the VAT is an indirect form of tax. Infact on every bottle of coke or beer you buy you pay VAT. You don't have to see it on your receipt. The company collects the VAR which is included in the price or payment and then remits to the FG

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by apex5484: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 1338060[/color]
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Onebyonedead: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Digmygold:

If that is true, at the least he got 30% free money.Which one your stupid country dash you?

Don't respond to this fools

I got 1k dollars and been getting 750 every week since the corona

They don't even tax it

All this people that live in Nigeria be saying trash with so much confidence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by nedekid: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship
Is that all you picked from the guys post?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by NEROSKY(m): 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
And so, if we get 30% of that in Nigeria nobi thanks giving?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by jaxxy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Smtn is wrong with us here in Nigeria especially our leaders and government bt we don't know it.

How difficult is it for a government to use their heads and think
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
leokid866:

Sure you can if you can capture the informal sector, but I do believe thus particular government has done more in terms of pulling more people into the tax basket and have done more with our taxes than previous government, remember the rot did not start with them.
sir the rot started with Buhari when he stole 2billion dollars in 1978 as the PTF chairman when obj was head of state.imagine d value of 2b dollars then and what we would have become if dat money was invested in this country Google is ur friend
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Farki:

Resource economies are prone to corruption because the government has no incentive to keep the people happy as long as the resources keep flowing.

This video explains it better, skip to 12:45 for the relevant part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs
Canada, UK, Norway etc all have resource based economies too though.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Humility017(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
a4cube:
You talking absolutely Behind. I got 829 pounds today and will get same every month until lock down is over. Believe me the money the Canadian got is not one off. I got the amount cus I live on my own. My guy that has family got more than 2k pounds. And that is not it by end of June I will get 80% of what I earn every month for 3 months paid as a lump sum to my account.

Nobody is saying FG or States Government should pay the citizens equivalent of what is obtainable in the west. The Govt can easily pay 40 or 50k every month for 3 months if they had managed the country well.

Bro let me shock you even in the midst of this lock down
those pathetic thieves are seriously looting the country now....
they have no shame even the little donations and all they are stealing it as we talk now

so my brother ignore those old peeps that know not their left from their right comments you never can tell it could be one of the goons in power whose only job is to steal, kill and destroy like the devil

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by maxzzo1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Oya ooo buhari how far?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Digmygold: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onebyonedead:

Don't respond to this fools

I got 1k dollars and been getting 750 every week since the corona

They don't even tax it

All this people that live in Nigeria be saying trash with so much confidence

I tell yah.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by twnklshop: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship

These payments go to tax payers so the nationality does not matter as long as the recipient is a legal resident. Afterall a nairalander dainformant who lives in Ireland confirmed that he received a payment from the Irish Government and he is a Nigerian. He also confirmed that other Nigerians received the payment too.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
glowingflame7:

You pay rent, bills and feeding despite job loss. You think that's nothing? You will get 247 light, data, water, gas, security, sanity, and the best food in Nigerian standards, beautiful apartment, quality health care, access to good roads and social amenities despite losing your job. And this is nothing special to you? Even people with full time job not under lockdown in Nigeria don't have this.
I never said it was or wasn't special. You must have misread my post. My post was just addressing those that were quick to convert to naira. Economics does not work that way. Alot of Canadians would rather prefer to be working. You earn in dollars, you spend in dollars. That was the point of that post. Nothing to do with roads, apartments, food etc
That's one of my post below on this same topic.

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
The other day Lagos Government was giving cooked take-away food and I told someone that it was an insult, the person later said it is better than nothing I said nothing is better than the cooked food. Our govt has reduced us to mere hungry people and it pains me. Bro please don't come to naija ooo for now, our government is not offering anything except lies upon lies

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Dexter23401: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Come back kor, come back ni, who no like better thing, what exactly are dey coming back toworse still they are going to fund their own return to a country where police dey kill more than even the Corona virus itself , where hunger is the order of the day, with the leaders looting the country's treasury leaving the poor masses to die of hunger and poverty.... God dey sha, one day na one day.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by nedekid: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
So me that pay tax here in Nigeria, how much has the government given me? Instead they gave invalid in katsina that don't pay a dime of tax!
Na my Broda for US after receiving his government bailout decided to send me some pepe instead.
Usless people. Metcheew! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Timozo1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:

I have been paying tax since 2014 to the government and I have not received #1 from the government up till today.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Benwallt(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother far from it!
Am not for that!

Just that I am Tired of the World...
The World is so Unattractive now..

I wanna go Home... I wanna leave to Heaven
Don't go just yet. We need your input to correct the wrong and injustice we have suffered together.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DexterousOne(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
salford1:

Soon enough MC Oluomo will represent Lagos in the house of Senate.

I'm in the corporate space here in Nigeria

And the common discussion we have is our "exit strategy"

The three top destinations being Canada Australia and UAE

Nigeria will feel the full effect of this exodus in a couple of years

While the population (of mostly fools and useless elements) keep soaring

The talent pool will continue to thin out

You will say I said it

Let the dumb lots in Nigeria keep voting, and defending and making excuses for dim wit governments

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by softset: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kid, go to romance section where you entertain your likes. Do you think everyone here is hungry. I am stating my opinion.

stanliwise:
better start sympathizing with yourself and neighbors. You still have mouth to talk when your Goverment is sharing garri and gathering crowd up and down.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Bidi123: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
In a zoo, human controls even the animals there but Nigeria's case is different, while Nigeria is a zoo instead of a human to control, its animal that is controlling the zoo.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by guru90: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Brother, No dream of coming back to this H.E.L.L. My Germany Visa is almost ready before this CORONAVIRUS started.

Ordinary 5k they can't even share.

They only focus on their Northerners brother and sister...sending them 20k and even 30k depends.....

Northerners are cheating us very well in this Nig.

Some fools will keep on shouting One Nig....

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by iswallker(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
the VAT is an indirect form of tax. Infact on every bottle of coke or beer you buy you pay VAT. You don't have to see it on your receipt. The company collects the VAR which is included in the price or payment and then remits to the FG

Well said - but this indirect tax qualifies you for nothing.. You may never pay VAT for a lifetime..

Tax that shoukd qualify you for palliative is the one on income you earn as a Nigerian..

Therefore stop saying we all pay tax because as Nigerians we don't. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

Shut down
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OriOko88(m): 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lol. People are comparing Canada with Nigeria. What fuckery. Do you know rich Canada is?? It has one of the hugest human development index in the world after Norway and Netherlands at 0.91. Nigeria has human development index of 0.51 very low for a emerging economy. Dem no be mate atal. Nigeria govt can't do beyond Wats its doing now, its an import economy. Nothing dey for table.

BTW, Canada has a population of around 44million compare with with 200million people in Nigeria. Most countries with high population are not doing direct cash transfer, they're just sharing food, perhaps with the exception of USA which of course is the richest country in human history.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.