Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129705 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
moshino:

You don't need to be dual citizen to get it. If you are an adult legal resident of Canada you'll get $2k every month for up to 6 months, and there are other additional money you could qualify for.
4months only if you lose your job as a result of Covid and made atleast $5000 last year.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Righteousness89(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Benwallt:
Don't go just yet. We need your input to correct the wrong and injustice we have suffered together.

My Brother, we are still here as GOD Permits!

But the Truth is the World is so Unattractive to me.. if The LORD calls me Home, Glory!
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Powerintoxicate: 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
iswallker:

Well said - but this indirect tax qualifies you for nothing.. You may never pay VAT for a lifetime..

Tax that shoukd qualify you for palliative is the one on income you earn as a Nigerian..

Therefore stop saying we all pay tax because as Nigerians we don't. undecided
are you aware that in the UK and italy non citizens also got cheques?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Timileyin1234(m): 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)
But those countries self na evil. Na most of them no support separation of this mumu country. See them 24million

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by mastermaestro(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

I am always pleased when enlightened guys like you try to school this ignorant mass of online noisemakers. They think Nigeria can afford everything for them. Interestingly, Nigeria's entire budget is equivalent to departmental budgets of many industrialized cities. But if you tell them, their thick ignorance won't let them understand.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
iswallker:

So how much was the VAT on your last disco payment..

And I never see VAT figures on shopping mall payments - I am thinking you may help out to throw more light..
sir are u from the north...individuals don't pay VAT...that is y u won't see it...the companies pays vat on anything u buy from them....what of the 2 percent tetfund tax every company in nig must pay to fg it has not reflected in d education sector..Nigeria makes money than most foreign countries but d problem is that there are two many leakages ..when my bro dat works with the acc gen office told me d money spent each year on pilgrimage and nysc I cried. These are useless ventures. The Allah that is in mecca is he not d same Allah in Nigeria..the God in Jerusalem is he not present in Nigeria..we are too over religious.some even believe that when they go to mecca or Jerusalem they will touch God and shake him...who did this to blacks..this is y we will never have a good health care sys.security power etc let's not just talk about nysc that one has lost its purpose upon all d nysc no unity...they still use quota sys for job placement.unaviodable death via accident boko herders spits..we don't know our priority so we will remain like this till asteroids hits earth

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OriOko88(m): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Aidejay:
People should stop comparing Nigeria and Canada, Nigeria and Kenya, Nigeria and this Nigeria and that. Its just insulting, rather compare Nigeria and kuvuki land or any of the other fictitious countries.
Mad oo

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by bilulu(m): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship
It's for everybody, so long you no longer have job. There are other benefits you can also qualify for but you can only claim one at a time. Those that re still working do qualify for the 2k
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by SocialJustice: 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.
Typical envious Nigerian, how many times has boko haram come to your town's market to kill people? Rubbish. Die for suffer na, who cares.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onebyonedead:

Revenues are not generated only from tax mate
Did you choose to ignore export in my post?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Adeoye11(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Well all i would say is "God when!!
Haa i will get there one day..
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.
Invisible 20k is a lot of money in Nigeria abii.
You want Canadian government to empty their account because of you.
Always displaying our GREEDY attitude every time

Someone is a 3rd class citizen somewhere and got 600k.
Meanwhile a first class citizen in Naija is an ONLINE BEGGAR, begging for 1k

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by AreaFada2: 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
karkinase:

Wrong! I was like you years back thinking Nigeria is rich becos of the way our ppl flaunt wealth, but Nigeria is indeed far from being a Rich country and the sad part is the little we make is looted mercilessly by wicked n clueless leaders.
Something people forget. Even if we shared daily oil and gas proceeds to each person's account, it will be little still.
We missed the chance to diversify and build a huge taxation base like UAE previously relying on oil has done 25 to 35 years ago

We are a poor country. All we have is potential. With our biggest resource being human.

Western countries, Japan, South Korea and lately China have relied on brains to become what they are now.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
bilulu:

It's for everybody, so long you no longer have job. There are other benefits you can also qualify for but you can only claim one at a time. Those that re still working do qualify for the 2k
I guess you meant "do not".
I pray not to qualify for such as I am still working. (Essential). That $2k is just part of my bills payment alone. I will still need to top it up with an additional $500 to pay all bills.
Praying for corona to go away so life can return to normal in the world.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
Kid, go to romance section where you entertain your likes. Do you think everyone here is hungry. I am stating my opinion.

I like u guys ..una sabi make mouth sha cuz everybody na big man online
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Olusheyi1(m): 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
gotnel:
The consequence of the Canadians people actions is what they are actually reaping.
The problem with us here in Nigeria is that both the government and the people are problematic.
No miracle is happening in Canada.
People pay taxes as an when due. Government officials carried out their responsibility accordingly.
There are many reasons why their success stories is palatable.

Here in Nigeria, we are all cutting corners in every way.
Government officials are rogues.
The man on the street is a major rogues than the man in government.
Everything about us here is for cheating.
We are all to blame in this country.

Mmmmm
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by nedekid: 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
OriOko88:
Lol. People are comparing Canada with Nigeria. What fuckery. Do you know rich Canada is?? It has one of the hugest human development index in the world after Norway and Netherlands at 0.91. Nigeria has human development index of 0.51 very low for a emerging economy. Dem no be mate atal. Nigeria govt can't do beyond Wats its doing now, its an import economy. Nothing dey for table.

BTW, Canada has a population of around 44million compare with with 200million people in Nigeria. Most countries with high population are not doing direct cash transfer, they're just sharing food, perhaps with the exception of USA which of course is the richest country in human history.
Keep quite there and speak only of what you know.
Iran despite all the sanctions, blockade on their export of oil which makes up over 99% of their income still managed to give $240 their people.
Nigeria has 34m people with bvn, and not 200m. Why have they not given money even if it is to those with tax numbers which is less than the 34m bvn holders?
You guys will always find excuses for rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by bilulu(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
salford1:

I guess you meant "do not".
Someone like me pray not to qualify for such as I am still working. (Essential).
Sorry.... do not qualify.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Someone is a 3rd class citizen somewhere and got 600k.
Meanwhile a first class citizen in Naija is an ONLINE BEGGAR, begging for 1k
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by MOVIC6: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

is either you are a village man or a town person that is too myopic and don't know things concerning outside world..
100 dollar is like our 20000, which can get you enough food for one month and some change remains. please reason like a grown up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Fhemmmy: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:

The real gist of the story is that, they are NOT giving 2000$ a one time payment, it is a 4 months payment to those that qualifies, and that means that the gentleman will at the end of the day end up with 2000$ per month for 4 months
Do the math 8000$
That is a lot of money that if he knows what he is doing, can go back to Lagos and invest it well
And compared to a government that is giving nothing but yet locking the people down
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OriOko88(m): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
a4cube:
You talking absolutely Behind. I got 829 pounds today and will get same every month until lock down is over. Believe me the money the Canadian got is not one off. I got the amount cus I live on my own. My guy that has family got more than 2k pounds. And that is not it by end of June I will get 80% of what I earn every month for 3 months paid as a lump sum to my account.

Nobody is saying FG or States Government should pay the citizens equivalent of what is obtainable in the west. The Govt can easily pay 40 or 50k every month for 3 months if they had managed the country well.

Nice one.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by TheManOfTheYear: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:

How much has your government given you?
At least they collect something, down here in Nigeria, all we keep getting is daily NCDC report.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Oyiboman69: 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
So,after your supposed imaginary 70&,is there nothing left for him to live on in this demanding situation over there? undecided

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Lewisalexander(m): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:

Shot ur mouth there. Ode
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by softset: 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
I stated what I feel about the amount and I still maintain that $2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.

Poverty is really a terrible thing. It will make you think and do things you will not normally do.

Continue waiting for government handouts.

EVILFOREST:

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
osazsky:
sir are u from the north...individuals don't pay VAT...that is y u won't see it...the companies pays vat on anything u buy from them....what of the 2 percent tetfund tax every company in nig must pay to fg it has not reflected in d education sector..Nigeria makes money than most foreign countries but d problem is that there are two many leakages ..when my bro dat works with the acc gen office told me d money spent each year on pilgrimage and nysc I cried. These are useless ventures. The Allah that is in mecca is he not d same Allah in Nigeria..the God in Jerusalem is he not present in Nigeria..we are too over religious.some even believe that when they go to mecca or Jerusalem they will touch God and shake him...who did this to blacks..this is y we will never have a good health care sys.security power etc let's not just talk about nysc that one has lost its purpose upon all d nysc no unity...they still use quota sys for job placement.unaviodable death via accident boko herders spits..we don't know our priority so we will remain like this till asteroids hits earth
we must emancipate ourselves from mental slavery first
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by softset: 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Do you address your parents that way in the morning ?

Lewisalexander:

Shot ur mouth there. Ode
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by 9jaRealist: 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
This is why Trump and so-called “real” Americans do not want you...
You won’t pay taxes in your own country but come to enjoy their taxpayers’ money.

Meanwhile, even citizens of the US (the world’s richest country) are required to pay for their own fare back for Covid evacuations. SMH

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11402720_cymera20200421220101_jpegc661f7a7ffca832dd081e63fd94ec108
>
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Emmyj2g: 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good! You all should keep sharing what other country president do for foreigners ( Nigerians) make shame kill buhari and his greedy ministers. They paint their selves heros to the world but in their homes they are heartless and wicked. How can a government lock down a country without providing for it's citizens. Buhari/APC is the major virus in Nigeria.. We need a vaccine to take them out once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
How much has your government given you?
At least they collect something, down here in Nigeria, all we keep getting is daily NCDC report.
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
He better wakes up and holds his leaders accountable.
IMMIGRATION STAFF at our AIRPORTS are BEGGARS.
CUSTOM BEGGARS.
We also have E-BEGGARS
LADIES phuck in Naija just to load Airtime into their phones.

The BLACK MAN is too GREEDY.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OriOko88(m): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
nedekid:

Keep quite there and speak only of what you know.
Iran despite all the sanctions, blockade on their export of oil which makes up over 99% of their income still managed to give $240 their people.
Nigeria has 34m people with bvn, and not 200m. Why have they not given money even if it is to those with tax numbers which is less than the 34m bvn holders?
You guys will always find excuses for rubbish!
I'm not even defending the people managing the country, what I'm saying is Nigeria is a poor country, if Nigeria pays common 5k to like 40 million people, it will get broke and would be unable to pay workers salary.

Iran you're mentioning is also richer than Nigeria by far. Its one of the biggest producers of oil and natural gas. The Suez canal that almost half of world oil passes through is located in iran. So its a very rich country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.