Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant (3501 Views)

Having A Male Child / Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by NoToPile: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

LMAO! grin

Bros the matter is not funny ooo.

These are issues that make some women cry silent tears.

Boy child matter, is a serious something.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Kuns84(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
NoToPile:

Bros the matter is not funny ooo.

These are issues that make some women cry silent tears.

Boy child matter, is a serious something.

Lol.

Indeed it is but I never understood why.

Me personally I always wanted a female child as my first born - my own little princess! I grew up with all boys as siblings and I always longed for a sister..

However, as fate will have it, my wife consecutively had two boys one after the other. I wont lie, I definitely noticed the bravado that came along in her attitude because of that.

As for me, I'm still hoping for daddy's little princess smiley Might be lucky the 3rd time round!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by ibkayee(f): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Pressure from society obviously

Maybe they're just being strategic, 'going along to get along', maybe they genuinely dislike women, who knows. Internalised oppression isn't new

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Hathor5(f): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Lol.

Me personally I always wanted a female child as my first born - my own little princess! I grew up with all boys as siblings and I always longed for a sister..

However, as fate will have it, my wife consecutively had two boys one after the other. I wont lie, I definitely noticed the bravado that came along in her attitude because of that.

As for me, I'm still hoping for daddy's little princess smiley Might be lucky the 3rd time round!

cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by NoToPile: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Lol.

However, as fate will have it, my wife consecutively had two boys one after the other . I wont lie, I definitely noticed the bravado that came along in her attitude because of that.

Lool at the bolded.

You guys want a princess because you desire it not because of one pressure from somewhere now imagine if your wife was under undue pressure to have a girl or if she feels until she has a girl shes not firmly rooted in your family.

Don't worry you might just have your princess this 3rd time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by cococandy(f): 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

You have a female child right? Say that you don't desire a male child cheesy

Let’s say I’m blessed with what I have. I don’t want to be partial and say if I had a male child now, I’d be actively trying to get a girl. But it’s the truth and I realized that’s a bit biased. So I’m very happy I got my first choice as my first.

I worry even, (especially considering the society I’ve found myself in) if having a male child will not give me constant hypertension. But I won’t be mad if whenever I decide to have a child again it turns out to be a boy.
I’ll just prepare myself for what’s ahead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Kuns84(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
cococandy:

Let’s say I’m blessed with what I have. I don’t want to be partial and say if I had a male child now, I’d be actively trying to get a girl. But it’s the truth and I realized that’s a bit biased. So I’m very happy I got my first choice as my first.

I worry even, (especially considering the society I’ve found myself in) if having a male child will not give me constant hypertension
. But I won’t be mad if whenever I decide to have a child again it turns out to be a boy.
I’ll just prepare myself for what’s ahead.

Why so?

Could it be that you wouldn't want to bring a male child into this world to be subject to the increasingly toxic environment women have created under the guise of feminism? Or perhaps you feel you lack the ability to raise a male child? What are your reasons?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Hathor5(f): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Why so?

Could it be that you wouldn't want to bring a male child into this world to be subject to the increasingly toxic environment women have created under the guise of feminism? Or perhaps you feel you lack the ability to raise a male child? What are your reasons?

Like women don't want to bring a female child into a toxic environment in Nigeria? Here you have the answer to your thread but your answer is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Kuns84(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hathor5:

Like women don't want to bring a female child into a toxic environment in Nigeria? Here you have the answer to your thread but your answer is wrong.

False.

This would be a fair statement if this was the true reason why women would prefer a male child but we all know this isn't the case.

Their reasons are often down to securing their marriage, pressure from inlaws or simply just having a little boy to "dote" on them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Hathor5(f): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

False.

This would be a fair statement if this was the true reason why women would prefer a male child but we all know this isn't the case.

Their reasons are often down to securing their marriage, pressure from inlaws or simply just having a little boy to "dote" on them.

The very definition of a toxic environment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by cococandy(f): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Why so?

I’m afraid in order to give you a proper answer, I’ll have to be dragged into a pointless unending roundabout conversation that I’ve had and concluded many years ago.

But simply put, my reason for worry is the increasingly brazen and violent racism that black women and men (more at risk of death being black men) are facing in this current society. That’s kind of the long and short of it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hathor5:

The very definition of a toxic environment.
He already knows the truth about anything you could possibly say on this thread. His decision to believe otherwise is simply his decision. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Mizwisdom(f): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Lol.

See, you have two boys now you want a girl, it's the same with most people, having two or more of one gender makes you desire the next. If your wife was actively pressing you for a female child, you will feel it more same way if a woman is being pressed for a male child by her husband. As a married man, the fact that this issue is on your mind is queer. Men don't usually banter about this, are you a religious or a counsellor? I'm a bit curious as to why you feel the need to create this topic. You can simply ask the women who visit you with their problems, why they have such problems in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Kuns84(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
cococandy:

I’m afraid in order to give you a proper answer, I’ll have to be dragged into a pointless unending roundabout conversation that I’ve had and concluded many years ago.

But simply put, my reason for worry is the increasingly brazen and violent racism that black women and men (more at risk of death being black men) are facing in this current society. That’s kind of the long and short of it.

Ok if you say so, but this is only applicable to the West (predominantly America)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by cococandy(f): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Ok if you say so, but this is only applicable to the West (predominantly America)

Which is why it applies to me or any possible son I might or might not have

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by ibkayee(f): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
cococandy:

He already knows the truth about anything you could possibly say on this thread. His decision to believe otherwise is simply his decision. smiley
Lol clearly, everything about the OP from the thread itself, to his 'questions' is disingenuous

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by SweetCunt97(f): 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Parents do not know that it's even daughters that take care of them in their old age. Daughters worry for their families. So many sons taste Pucci and are lost, forget their family and are manipulated to care for the Pucci's family.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Kuns84(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

See, you have two boys now you want a girl, it's the same with most people, having two or more of one gender makes you desire the next. If your wife was actively pressing you for a female child, you will feel it more same way if a woman is being pressed for a male child by her husband. As a married man, the fact that this issue is on your mind is queer. Men don't usually banter about this, are you a religious or a counsellor? I'm a bit curious as to why you feel the need to create this topic. You can simply ask the women who visit you with their problems, why they have such problems in the first place.

Last time I checked, this was a free forum where anyone has the right to create any topic they so desire.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by doitforyou(f): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

See, you have two boys now you want a girl, it's the same with most people, having two or more of one gender makes you desire the next. If your wife was actively pressing you for a female child, you will feel it more same way if a woman is being pressed for a male child by her husband. As a married man, the fact that this issue is on your mind is queer. Men don't usually banter about this, are you a religious or a counsellor? I'm a bit curious as to why you feel the need to create this topic You can simply ask the women who visit you with their problems, why they have such problems in the first place.
It’s because OP didn’t create this thread in good faith.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Kuns84(m): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
doitforyou:

It’s because OP didn’t create this thread in good faith.

Of course I didn't. Lol. Grow up.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Mizwisdom(f): 2:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

Last time I checked, this was a free forum where anyone has the right to create any topic they so desire.

I understand but it feels like you only want to get a kick out of people's responses, for example, the one you chose to laugh about. You said the ladies came to you complaining, so what stopped you from asking them why they were desperate for a male child. That should have sorted out your curiosity, and for women to approach you on that issue means you're either a Doctor, Religious or Counselor. If you're one of the above it's strange that you should create this topic because you should already have better knowledge about it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by nahzyla: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
Personally I think life is harder for women so some women don't want to birth a female child and watch her suffering the same misogyny they suffered or watch her live her entire life as a second class citizen.

From the perspective of a Muslim, I believe in Allah but I am a bit pained by some of the things women in Islam have to tolerate.

Just imagine inheritance laws in Islam decrees that a woman should get half of what her Male siblings get from her father's property regardless of her financial status or regardless of if her brothers are richer than her. These days men expect their wives to join hands in providing for the family so why is there still disparity in sharing wealth when both males and females have equal financial responsibilities?

Or wearing of hijab and full body cover by females which is compulsory even under scorching hot sun, or that a husband is allowed to beat his wife, or that Muslim men can just divorce their wives by pronouncing divorce with their mouths even if the woman did nothing to deserve it (this is very rampant in the north), or polygamy, when the man brings a new wife into the house and starts showing her obvious favouritism and more love than the old expired wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by ibkayee(f): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kuns84:

You bitter women cannot do without launching personal attacks on this forum. SMH.
You are too ironic not to be a troll lol

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Mizwisdom(f): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol clearly, everything about the OP from the thread itself, to his 'questions' is disingenuous

I'm glad you noticed, I thought I was the only one

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wish For A Male Child Whilst Pregnant by Mizwisdom(f): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
OchoL:

Same reason why you littered nairaland with multiple threads asking where you can report EKEDC to after they did you dirrty grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5741189/complaint-ekedc-staff

Why didn't you ask your friends? That's if you have any in the real world embarassed

Kuns84, is this your alternate account?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Mama Wahala / Was It In My Head Or My Wife Was Showing Her unclothedness To Our Neighbour / Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.