Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (55362 Views)

Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? / Husband Faints In Labour Room / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Thane88: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
Was there all through with her,thumbs up to our mothers an wifes

3 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Millenniumlady(f): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
philo04:
As for me April 19 2019 I can't forget that day ...her water broke in the morning she was taken to the hospital my mom called me to come over to the hospital I left a movie location as the d.o.p on getting there it was night she hasn't given birth....nah that day i know say women women deh try ...I sat beside a Muslim man who was busy calling jesus to safe his wife for delivery wetin I know I just mind my business I walked inside the labour demanding why the delay saw my wife in pains I didnt know when I started screaming at the doctors ...her family members where calling me how far...I couldn't pick the call...at about 5:45am I left the hospital telling them am going to bring flask and baby things yelling at the doctors that she better done born before I come or elsh I will sue them...you won't know how it feels as a man until it gets to ur turn...in got home picked the baby things I was leaving the house when my mom called that she has giving birth...no joy is as big as hearing ur wife just gave birth I rush to the hospital forgetting the baby things on getting there the dr gave my bundle of joy...full of hair I said my beautiful baby gal...he corrected he said it a boy o...he took all my hair ....I love that day ..sorry for my eng
Which one is he took your hair undecided he took your wife's hair

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by adedayoa2(f): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ok, i had no labour pain. It was via CS and on a
sunday, hubby was busy singing, his friends and their wives were all waiting for the mother and baby. Immediately they took the baby out of the theater i heard hubby saying, 'where is my wife'? And so i answered, I'm alive o.

21 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Simeonuche(m): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Am not married but I was the one that took my boss wife to the hospital that day honestly I can't explain the felling because that was my first time to see a woman in labor not the movie one men it was full of drama and mood swing when we got to the hospital people imidiatly tag me the husband o ha Amara nne m come and see mood swing she would sit down the next minutes she will stand up the other minute again she will lay on the bed then on the floor then outside the hospital PR emesis we walked around the hospital for like five times non stop then vom like plan she cross gate vom outside the hospital all eyes on us people we're healing me o she asked me to buy cooked con for her I did Oya eat it she said she doesn't want it again she did the least thing I expected oooo she took off vom hundred meters race I fellowed her imidiatly haa anty pity me na I was not even the lines man when the match was played biko have mercy na we ran up to 5 poles like 5 times people were busy oo telling me oga is ur work as if I did it nne m come and see ooo then all of a sudden she couldn't move again jusu I don enter oo all of a sudden my boss appeared from no we're we had to take her inside few minutes later she put to bed a bouncing baby boy honestly woman they try after a year or two she will willingly go back to the same thing all over again shout out to all the mothers all over the world you guys have my undivided respect

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Opiro2019: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
I didn't have to fall in labor as I had a scheduled CS, hubby is not in the country even thoughout pregnancy only came for 2 months holiday out of 9 months. None of my relatives was close by only in laws. But all praise to God my baby came out fine and hubby came back 4 months after , which means I went through healing alone too but God was on my side. I am strong, I am beautiful and I am powerful. Shout-out to all mother's, females. From menstrual cramps , morning sickness, labor, CS pain, bite from sucking, sleepless nights. Women are indeed light of the world. Thanks to our men too, we can't do it alone. Stay strong preggies you can do it

25 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by moonbender(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nooil:

Her previous tests during pregnancy never indicated preeclampsia?

There was complications, hence the CS.
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by NumbEmotions(m): 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nuel4:
The sight of my sister still disgust me till today
I remember when the nurse came out with clothes soaked in all kind of liquid.
Tuueeeh.
My wife will have to go to her mom or she and the child will forever be a constant source of nausea to me.
I no even like children sef

May God grant you your desires.Amen
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by MansoryMX(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Not yet married but when in labour I'll use that opportunity to deal with him for all his fu*k up and use labour as an excuse cheesy some of my friends do gist me what they did to their husband when they were in labour from beating to causing your papa your mama many that i cannot say here but it's so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na stupidity dey worry them, dont behave like your friends. Have respect for your husband’s people all the time if you want your marriage to last.

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by slydog(m): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
Someone7:

Mate you're close to the finish line lol. This coronavirus thing is really scary for expecting parents honestly. We had miscarriage a few months ago so I'm just being extra careful.. Take it easy bro, fingers crossed we'll be congratulating you in a few weeks smiley

Amen!
Thank you for your kind words!
So sorry about your loss, I'm sure your twins are waiting for you, in a bit they'll be here

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
slydog:

Amen!
Thank you for your kind words!
So sorry about your loss, I'm sure your twins are waiting for you, in a bit they'll be here

Thank you mate.
Please let's know when the time comes? I'll be happy to join you to celebrate. From what I hear you'll need plenty pampers grin

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
moonbender:

There was complications, hence the CS.

Ok
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by udumosam23(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Apolisus:
I have two children. I always find a way to disappear when wify is pregnant cos i can't stand to see her pain during that period. But will always reappear immediately the baby is born. The story is not palatable to my ears after delivery but I thank God for safe delivery. Please don't ask me how i disappear during that period. If my wife know that i always disappeared on purpose she will kill me. But I always try and make sure that everything she need is available during that period.

So typical of me. Now my wife is expectant, this lock down has kept me tied down. I can't figure out how to escape this. I'll just have to man up this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by GraceElle101(f): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
As if another person no see ur yamayama when u were born
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Millenniumlady(f): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
MansoryMX:

Na stupidity dey worry them, do behave like your friends. Have respect for your husband’s people all the time if you want your marriage to last.
Whose pics is that on your profile
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Millenniumlady(f): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
udumosam23:

So typical of me. Now my wife is expectant, this lock down has kept me tied down. I can't figure out how to escape this. I'll just have to man up this time around.
cheesy cheesy cheesy Dem don catch you
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by BigBashiru: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nuel4:
Tuueeeh.
My wife will have to go to her mom or she and the child will forever be a constant source of nausea to me.

U no like children but u are one.
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Millenniumlady(f): 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
adedayoa2:
Ok, i had no labour pain. It was via CS and on a
sunday, hubby was busy singing, his friends and their wives were all waiting for the mother and baby. Immediately they took the baby out of the theater i heard hubby saying, 'where is my wife'? And so i answered, I'm alive o.
You Just made me bust out with laughter no be small I'm alive ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by mekay2017(m): 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
femi4:
Why bike, he doesn't have a car?

All fingers are not equal bro. Wise up.
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Parkiz(f): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
it was a government hospital and my husband couldn't go into the labour room with me.

even long before I started feeling anything he was already apprehensive, it was a Wednesday morning, we left home together, he was going to work while I was going for antenatal. on getting to the place they said I was already 4cm dailated n I was not in any pain

I had to call my husband to bring the baby things.
Mr man was already scared at that moment

so because he couldn't enter with me , he was checking on me through the window as my bed was close to one of the windows.

I was there with my mother in law from that Wednesday morning, they wanted to induce me but I pleaded that they let it happen on its own

around 5pm I was finally induced, because the contractions were not coming really hard n I was still around 5-6cm.

I began to slightly feel the pains n my husband would come at intervals to check on my through the window, it got to a point I was the one telling him everything was going to be fine n all he needed to do was just keep praying, when I saw he was already beyond disturbed.

I later told them not to let him come in again
you would think he was the one in the pains
all shaky n all that

he went to the mosque within the premises and saw a group of men and asked that they please make Dua together

he said through out the prayer he was just shaking, at a point he didn't even know if he was saying the right things

he came back n stood at the gate , came back to the reception and after hearing me scream ran out again n stood by the gate leading to the ward.

it was after I gave birth that the nurses called him to come , he still didn't believe them until they told him I had truly been delivered of our baby around few minutes past 7am on a Thursday morning, January 3, 2019.

Alhamdulillah �

26 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
I have this high regard for pregnant women. I do have pity on 'em too
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Oshlander: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Interesting thread.

Kudos to all mothers.

I'm praying to experience delivery with my wife too, but pregnancy first. 7years expecting.

May God answer our prayers.

27 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Durchess(f): 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
I read all the beautiful stories here. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by CuteYvonne777: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by vikstandon(m): 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Not yet married but when in labour I'll use that opportunity to deal with him for all his fu*k up and use labour as an excuse cheesy some of my friends do gist me what they did to their husband when they were in labour from beating to causing your papa your mama many that i cannot say here but it's so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pray he stays close to receive that package of urs.... He is likely to always be on a business trip.
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by honniemail(f): 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mine started from the prenancy stage, u will think my husband is the one with the prenancy, humm..I won't blame him, he lost his wife and a baby girl at delivery point so when we got married and I was pregnant he was so scared that it showed all over him.
I had to be strong for him,myself and our unborn child. The story long but lemme just discuss the delivery

It was on a Wednesday morning, around 6am,I started feeling a mild contraction, so I called my younger brother who was a doctor and he told me to relax that I am delivering after 24hrs, I feel like slapping him. How will you tell me I will be in this pain for 24hrs but I was calm because of my husband, he has started packing my stuffs, when I told him what my bro said he just said emi kor lema koba oya let's go.so we went.i was checked and ask to go back it was still at 2cm. I couldn't remember where he went that day cos he already took his leave towards the EDD.i was at home alone bearing the pain thou it wasn't serious I was still able to do he cores and prepare Amala and ewedu.so when he came back he asked if I would be able to hold the pain till the following morning or we should go that night.
We decided to go that night to be on the saver side as we no get car.
The real pain started around 10am, I couldn't sleep,sit or stand, that pain cannot be explained.hubby was with his Bible reading psalm ND I remember telling him what he was reading was the cause of my pain that he should stop but he no gree,the more he read the more the pain increased

I started searching my brain to figure out what to do, I then called my brother again to ask him about induction and he advised I shouldn't try it that the pain I will experience will be crazier that I should just endure it's normal ..I shouted on top of my voice crying m husband just continue reading the Bible and begging me to stop crying it got to a stage I removed my cloth when I was sweating,and he said I should cover up cos a guy was around, I was furious,I just told him the guy will only see me today moreover his wife was also in pain.
My water broke around 2am,mind you I was pooing peeing and vomiting all through,around 3am I remembered MIL told me about a leaf that when chewed your baby will come out immediately.i collected my fone and called her that she should please get here before 6am
She later came with the leaf around past 9in he morning, I was told I insulted her for come late.
Before I chewedghe leaf o went in for checkup again and I was told hopefully by 2pm she should be near to be pushed out.
MIL just told me to chew the leaf secretly..lo and behold the pain that will catch me 2mins relieve me 5 mins no con relieve me again I con dey regret say y I chop this leaf.i just rushed into the labour room to be checked they didn't even answer me cos they totally it was the pain that was confusing me.....when they eventually pity my shouting and checked,my baby head was almost out, that was when they called hubby in.i was asked to push but they said I wasn't pushing the right way and might loose my girl cos she's already at the edge of coming out.i couldn't push and I heard them whispering into his ear,I just saw him holding one of my legs with all his might a nurse held the other leg and another bounced on my tummy.my shout that moment from challenge in Ibadan will be heard at mokola...I shouted mokuoooooooo.abeg I can't explain the pain jare...I just heard a baby cry and was so relieved and calm...the joy my husband felt was out of this world

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by honniemail(f): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ojumirire is 8months today, I had her August 22last year to God alone be the glory

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by adetitunman: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
I am a man. I watch and pray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESrGknFhbs
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by Saintly01(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
I am not married yet, but I feel I will rather want the entire experience to happen at a glance, I can't vouch for my strength seeing my wife in so much pains.
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by GboyegaD(m): 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Oshlander:
Interesting thread.

Kudos to all mothers.

I'm praying to experience delivery with my wife too, but pregnancy first. 7years expecting.

May God answer our prayers.

God will hear your prayers and grant the desires of your heart in Jesus Name.

4 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by candy2016(f): 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nuel4:
Tuueeeh.
you don't like children kee, remember u were once a child..that means many adults didn't like u then or what
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by InfinityFabric: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Egungun be careful na express u wan face. Something go jam u.
Re: Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? by majestique(f): 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
hmmm... interesting thread. I'm late but I'll try. labor pain for me lasted 3 days which made the doctors to induce me on the 3rd day after I reported at the hospital. my mum had told me before then that in our culture a woman in labor does not cry, it is a taboo. I kept telling my self I will not cry. meanwhile my husband that was supposed to pet me was on an empty bed enjoying himself. it was not until a nurse came and shouted at him before he stood up and started rubbing my back. my brother, my sister, labor pain is not something I can describe. few hours after I was induced I started seeing stars. arhhh...at first I was singing " I will not cry" as I paced to and fro the room that even when I told doctor I was in serious pain, he didn't believe me. he told me the real pain has not come and he went to sleep around 11 pm. Jesus! around 12 am i started shouted, requesting for c.s. the nurses begged me to hold on that I'm almost there. my husband became scared and confused. at that moment I forgot the " I will not not cry" song I was singing as I was in serious tears. I was singing a new song of " who send me oo", " God help me this once, I will not do it again" . when my water bursted around 1 am and blood started coming out, my husband turned prayer warrior. he ran to call the nurse who confirmed that baby was coming. long story short, after all the cutting with scissors, baby finally came forth. the stitching the followed is a story for another day. did I mention that my husband turned prayer warrior? yes, I could hear his prayers from the labor room.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Is Taking The Injection In This Picture / 6 Things To Never Have In Your Home / Man Reveals How He Punished His Warring Kids - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.