Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (59810 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by johhbekeboh09: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ninethmare:
when we voted for Buhari, we all were scammed.

He is the greatest yahoo boy of all time.

Forget,your vote no count.
Its obvious APC rigged presidential election from INEC to Supreme Court

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
So you stil believe in so call fake fixed match
Joefat:
I like to gamble once in a while whenever I have extra money on me. There is this guy in my Facebook friends who do tell me about fixed game.. So one day like that, when I got paid and first that came to my mind was.. Maybe I should try this guy. Na so I msg the guy and asked about his fixed game. He said 13k. I asked him to swear if it wasn't a scam. And he swear on his mom. So I sent him the 13k. After a while when the game is about to began. He sent me booking of two Brazilian teams with 2 -2 correct score. And I played it. Some minutes in first half this guy send me another booking that the first one was wrong. I cashout the previous game and added money with it and play the one he sent to me.. At the end of the game day. When I check the game. It was all 1-0 // 0-1 final score.. Immediately I went straight to my FB and I find this guy no more..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by oyejideogunjumo: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Scammers play on peoples inteligence and gulibility. Imagine 8 pairs of shoes for 30k not even up to 4k per pair. If there is profit so much on shoe selling or any other business for that matter every One will be riding jeep. If you are content it wont be easy to be scammed. Contentment does not mean you should not struggle to make it but it will teach you not to rush

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Can never be scammed. Closest was at yaba when these Senegalese lost trader format was tried on me. I was promised laptop and nokia n97. We reach where we suppose enter cab i told them i wanted to piss. Naso i jump gutter flee

24 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Meeezzzy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Are you from sokoto state?
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo.

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by freethesheeple(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
GuestLog:
Yes, on Telegram.
I participated in a hyip Bitcoin bot investment. The rubbish got to withdrawal part and I didn't see money in my account. When I contacted the Admin he told me point and plain that it's all a scam! I nearly run mad.

hahahahahahahahaa

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by jydux(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:
Nice but nobody was spending 10kobo 16 years ago (in 2004). At that time there was barely anything you could buy for 1Naira, let alone 10 kobo

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo.

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by believesama(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
Investment that never worked out for us, the recent one in Delta State OCHUKOFX LTD till tomorrow we no hear from the owner again, person wey i sabi both him family na so he drop voice note for our telegram group saying he's going suicidal.

Omor we just lock up the matter.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Dybala11(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
9jayes:
For genuine online stuffs you can contact us
Wrong thread, why should we even trust you with our hard-earned money??

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by tunsdel: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mine is serious.
I bought fixed game from a scammer and later discovered he got the game from a free site. Lost the moneu i paid him and the money i staked on the games. This actually happened to me twice. God forbid it will happen to me the third time.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:

. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy.
On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag.

Oga, You gave musa 10kobo that means it's the era when 10kobo still had small value....
how did 25naira and 500naira now enter this story?.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Jfkito: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Last year I was scammed by this no.
0908 600 1270 in the name of he was selling data. After sending money to him, he blocked me. I saw the same no advertising data today. Guys beware of this no 0908 600 1270..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
catwalq:
Hahaha!!! Boy do I have a story??

Some guy made a post seeking financial assistance,I responded but dude turned out to be a fraud. Someone somehow erroneously fingered me as an accomplice.

Shit escalated quickly and got outta control. I had to go to the bank to print out my statement and post online, some people came out to vouch for me, some couldn't stop throwing stones. It was a harrowing experience.

That won't stop me from helping anyone though, as long as I have something to spare. tongue
If you have to spare abeg� 2267495775 Zenith Bank

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by adeoba2008(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was scammed last year by a guy that claimed that he has fixed games. Since then, I promised myself I will not play any games again.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by toluleke(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have been scammed so many times that now everyone to me is a scammer. I almost lost a Job because I felt it was a scam.

19 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Blackmoran(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
This was around 2012, I meet this girl on Facebook she introduced her self as happiness. Seeing her profile picture this babe was quite beautiful if I was to rate her with her picture I will give her a eight out of ten.... In the space of three month we became so intimate online, to cut the story short we decided to meet, I stay in Lagos while she is from Enugu.. She travelled all the way to Lagos for us to meet... The night before the day she was to arrive I couldn't sleep her face was all that was in my mind.. The next morning she called that she has just drop at the park, I quickly rush took a taxi heading to the park.. I called her trying to know where she was and what was the colour of her dress so I can locate her, thank God I saw her first without she seeing me, I felt like the ground should open up and swallow me, she look so different from what I imagined, she was a ugly fat hippo. If me and her were to stand side by side we would look like number 10... I just have to switch off my phone and went back home...God forgive me. Later I found out that pics she use was her in secondary school.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kayultimate(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
I and some other nairalanders was scammed of atleast 50k each by one stupid MC Funnynation. The guy claimed he's into mini importation he promised to trade with our cash with little profit return not knowing he was actually gambling with our cash.

MC Funnynation you're still under our radar. Bloody scammer!

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
Yes by investing in Bitcoin, that thing will just be rising and dropping ,hereby making your eyes red anytime you check rate

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I can imagine your pain. I have a friend I strongly advised against trading forex, but he never listened and opened a $5000 trading account. My guy almost ran mad with the hourly and daily price fluctuations with his trades. It was crazy grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by reubenobi(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Seunaj05:
I had 3.5M worth of Bitcoins which was my life savings when I was doing my Masters in 2016. I made a panick sale to a scammer who immediately blocked me on whatsapp after I sent coins. Sadly, Bitcoins price surge massively after that incident ans that investment could have meant a fortune, It felt like the world was going to end. To God be the glory, I bounced back, and today I have made a 100 folds of that loss buying and selling Bitcoins.
Nice

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Drizzy5001(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
December last year.. i was scammed of 120k , part of my school fees, by my own friend, I dey on my own oh jeje, nigga introduced me to one nonsense investment like that , he even showed me his own , how he invested 100k and got 200k, that I should invest any amount and get double of it in 45minutes, been that I was in desperate need of money that particular time, and bet9ja no dey pay me, I no dey get luck 4 dawan .... I needed money to pay school dues, sort my lectureers becos if u no sort u go fail am be that, the man intentionally fail students, so I sharperly send the money to the guy my friend introduced to me as the agent , the man told me to call him after 45 minutes, ..... I called dis man he told me to call him in 1 hour time, I called, he kept on shifting d time , I got fade up and demanded for my money and I got blocked , the devil that I called my friend disappeared till date I've not seen him , I've learnt my lesson ... Friends are bad. cry

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jfkito:
Last year I was scammed by this no.
0908 600 1270 in the name of he was selling data. After sending money to him, he blocked me. I saw the same no advertising data today. Guys beware of this no 0908 600 1270..
someone need to wise up so much of them are here with there so called fake data

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
MISSunderstand:
I went to onitsha market to fix my laptop's screen, the guy I met said he wasn't having the screen at that moment and asked if I could wait.
I was on my way to enugu and there was no way I could wait, so we agreed he should buy the laptop. We agreed on 30k, a laptop I bought for 104k that only had inks on the screen and all i intended was to buy a new screen for it.
Like the 30K bad price wasn't enough, I agreed only for him to tell me he was going to scan some internal faults of the system and he said he was going to charge 10 naira or so per unit (I can't remember the exact things he said because it's been like 2 years it happened). I didn't see the 10 naira as issue, after he was done scanning my PC, he told me the total charge for the scanning was 19k. I don't know how he did it, but he showed me everything on his screen. I couldn't argue with him because there were plenty scary looking guys around and that was my first time there. This guy sha paid me 11k for my brand new HP15 that only had little black inks on its screen.
My first time in the east taught me a great lesson.
(No tribal pun intended)
OMG! Quite bad

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by freethesheeple(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:

hahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by ceejay80s(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2020

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by finalboss(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
GuestLog:
Yes, on Telegram.
I participated in a hyip Bitcoin bot investment. The rubbish got to withdrawal part and I didn't see money in my account. When I contacted the Admin he told me point and plain that it's all a scam! I nearly run mad.
Cause its hyip, Invest 100k to get 200 in 30 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kayrichy: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
The real Sinzu money...spending
Ninethmare:
when we voted for Buhari, we were all scammed.

He was just feeding us with the Lamba during campaign
All na wash

He is the greatest yahoo boy of all time.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Coldie(m): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
I hardly get scammed but MY father has been scammed so many times. Because he easily trusts people.

One time as at 2013 my little brother was supposed to go to the USA for his university education, my father enquired from a traveling agent and the man told him the requirements, and the agency fee. My father paid him the agency to #200,000 for everything, and after some weeks he told us he had gotten the admission for my brother for a school which was $12,000. My dad as at that time just came back from work at the USA which he had been working the previous year at the gulf of Mexico.
This man tool the money for the fees in dollars $12,000 and disappeared. My father tried to find him but didnt get him until they located his new office in port Harcourt.

My father involved the police, the moment they heard $12,000 they said for them to make the arrest he has to pay #150,000 my Dad said no problem. They all planned and the man got arrested. They asked him for another #50,000 for arresting the man, my Dad paid, the man paid them to have an agreement to free himself they called my dad so we can all negotiate and the man said he was going to pay my dad little by little. The police said he must pay my Dad through them.

The first payment $3000 police dpo took $1000 police men took $500 gave my Dad $1500, second payment they shared it again. My dad got fed up told the man to forget the money that God would judge him for what he did to him.

That's an old story.

I was angry when I heard my Dad left such huge money for the man. My Dad said we should forget it. What's causing scam to prosper in Nigeria is that our police is useless and most Nigerians easily have mercy on those who did wickedness to them

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Camberlo(m): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
I WAS SCAMMED AS A NYSC MEMBER IN COMPUTER VILLAGE, LAGOS:

I went there to buy a phone, been a corp member posted to Lagos state from northern part of the country.

I left my office at Apapa for computer village on Friday, I have intention of to observe JUMAAT CONGREGATION prayer at Ikeja after getting the phone.

Unfortunately, that day, I first stroll around before settled a particular SHOW glass seller. As I pointer my finger towards a particular phone and we begin to negotiate, as the seller insisted on #3,500 for a small NOKIA phone (tokunbo).

A guy appeared and just talk to me in a silent voice that he have same thing just for #1,500. I immediately became interested and he showed me but warned me to followed him to not far place around the area.

We both agreed on #1,500 but told me to be careful with police. He asked me to go to the PHONE CALLER nearby and make call to confirm the authenticity. After making the call, I heard him and same thing from him.

The unfortunate incident happened before I could paid the phone caller and came back to meet him. He had changed the original phone to toy.

Immediately I returned he asked me pocket the phone to avoid police seen us and I complied. I paid and left.

Not to 200metres away i decided to check a new phone I got, I tried to power it ON and my finger deep inside, I pressed another button and same thing. I check the back for battery, behold! It is deep cycle, TOY PHONE package with carton.

I quickly turned to check if I could see someone that resemble him, A GHOST am looking for.

I JEJELY, walked to the mosque, performed ablusion and observed salat.

The following week on Wednesday, colleagues asked why I cannot be reached on weekend, I told them I bought latest phone and showed them, they laughed and mocked me.

Thank God to madam Cynthia whom we are serving in the same company that gave me another phone to use.

Since then, till date, I don't believe in promo or whatever and I believer that YES, SCAMMERS EXIST.

This story happened sometimes in 2007 NYSC year at Lagos.

I still lov e Lagos anyway.

38 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nairalandite: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mine own is still very fresh. I was scammed of a total of #113k between 31st January and 1st February. This is the way it went.
I joined telegram that day and I was into a business that I need to buy product at the end of the month. So I had about #120k but needed #169k. So I was added to many such platform where they kept advertising pay #50k to get #150. I saw various testimonies and was so convinced. So that Friday, I chatted the so called admin up and I was sent the account number with Union bank. I deposited the #55k I was willing to use. It was then I was told that I will register with #31k and some hundreds. At this point I was like how? I was scared that I have been caught but comparing #55k to about #32k, I still went further to deposit. After that I was told to pay #26k for withdrawal form then I knew I was in trouble. I sent the #55k on Friday then sent the #32k and #26k on Saturday by 4pm. I was now told that I will receive #165k by 9pm on Saturday. By 8pm, I was blocked. Chai, I couldn't tell anybody and was sweating inside AC that night, the way my voice tone changed as I was teaching a cousin of mine and a call came in, the lady noticed that something was wrong with me. Last last, my business crumbled and the money greatly affected me. I went to my bank but nothing has been done to it till date. Chatted with Union Bank but couldn't get anything. So that was how I was scammed o. I even feel like putting the account number here self

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by ToyinDipo(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Last December I bought a PS4 pro on a decoy Shopify website via an Instagram ad, at around 44USD. I went ahead to sell my PS4 to someone. The following day, I started having bad feeling about the deal, so I went to check the site again, to my shock the website page where I saw the item has disappeared. I googled the site, and I saw a thread of countless testimonies mostly by white people how they were scammed by this same site. I quickly called GTB, and went to their office the following day, filled a form, and submitted some documents. I also bought my PS4 back. GTB said they were going to investigate it, and if my claim was valid I was hopefully going to get my money back withing 40 days. February this year I got a reversal of the transaction. Thanks to GTB.

40 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Lagos Schoolboys Gang-Rape Schoolgirls, Initiate Them Forcefully / EFCC Captures 3 Yahoo Boys For N120 Million Fraud (Photos) / Panic In Jos As Gunmen Kill 14, Including Family Of 9. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.