Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (59817 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
My own scam was my friend ! !

Chaii my friend oh ! ! !

This guy use to dash me money when he was serving one man in our yard then . . so after he was pursued from the man hauz . . the guy came to me nd asked me to help him with 10k that he want to rush to his village nd gve his mother who is sick promising to pay me bck in two days time , so i gave him my last 10k (bck then i was in secondary school,)
two days dn reach oh ! i say make i go collect my money back
i begin dey hear say d guy dn run comot frm onitsha

the tin shock me , na so i begin dey call him number oh . . . . dude dn block me

chaii inside life

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by HustleMind12(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Blackmoran:
This was around 2012, I meet this girl on Facebook she introduced her self as happiness. Seeing her profile picture this babe was quite beautiful if I was to rate her with her picture I will give her a eight out of ten.... In the space of three month we became so intimate online, to cut the story short we decided to meet, I stay in Lagos while she is from Enugu.. She travelled all the way to Lagos for us to meet... The night before the day she was to arrive I couldn't sleep her face was all that was in my mind.. The next morning she called that she has just drop at the park, I quickly rush took a taxi heading to the park.. I called her trying to know where she was and what was the colour of her dress so I can locate her, thank God I saw her first without she seeing me, I felt like the ground should open up and swallow me, she look so different from what I imagined, she was a ugly fat hippo. If me and her were to stand side by side we would look like number 10... I just have to switch off my phone and went back home...God forgive me. Later I found out that pics she use was her in secondary school.

Guy u get mind oh, she travelled all the way from Enugu to Lagos just to see you and you couldn't even say hi to her cos she is fat...nawa o

26 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes I was scammed in the church.I had just completed high school & was idle looking for something to do. At the end of service, I was hanging around waiting to attend a meeting. Some very smartly dressed guy came in his suit. He said hello & said he was looking for someone who was computer literate.It’s mandatory in my country to take some packages in computer literacy before proceeding to college. I told him I had the basics but I had friends who could do better. He encouraged me to apply because they were looking for anyone with commitment & they didn’t mind training the person. While I was busy filling the form, Dude told me his battery was low & he needed to return an urgent call to a friend.I handed my phone without thinking twice. After filling out the form , I turned back to hand the form to him. Dude had disappeared. I tried calling my phone & it was off ,a confirmation that I had been scammed inside the church.Such a shame!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Generaloluseye: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
bemagnify:
If you have been scammed online and you have the accounts details of the scammer Let me know you can get back your money

Aisikheruan Friday
Account number 3150531480
First bank.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by oluwaseyi0: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
bemagnify:
If you have been scammed online and you have the accounts details of the scammer Let me know you can get back your money

Aminu Adulwaheed with UBA account number 2116086231?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by omodejk12: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by GuestLog: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Generaloluseye:

Did you pay to one Aisikheruan Friday
Account number 3150531480
First bank.

He did same to me too.
aah! No sir!

Na oyinbo guy do me this sh*t! I traced the guy to Facebook but could do nothing about it. Smh!
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by rafcrown(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
I sent letter to a friend in the Netherlands via EMS.I received a reply with fake bill of lading sent through a person coming home.
They hijacked the correspondence and changed the whole business.
I asked for how we will continue the business but they changed it to goods sent already and pay to .... at hotel in Ikeja.
The guy is slim,well bleached and he collected dollars for the goods.He handed a fake bill of lading.
All these courier services have Criminals on their pay rolls
Local post offices are not safe,they steal letters there.
God so good,I can travel to anywhere in the world to buy goods that I need.The guy who duped me must be somewhere terrible now.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Maspeky(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was scammed years ago by one notorious con man they call “Longie” real name is Ayangbola Sunday. He made me believe if I invested with him while he was trading on binary.com that at after 30 days I would get 100% of my investment, eg if you invest 50k after 30 days you’ll get 100k. I tried it first with 50k and I got 100k after 28 days or so, this made me bring me in my elder sister, my roommate and myself. In total we brought #250k together. I was counting down seriously and it was almost 30 days I found out that the guy deleted me on BBM, Facebook and his phone number wasn’t reachable anymore, I almost died of hypertension. I still have his GTB account details we sent the money to.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by siina(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
cruzydal:

Lmao it’s a normal eastern scam .my friend was scammed that way too . He wanted to sell his HTC one after the scan the money was way more they took the HTC and his iPhone
and people are keeping quite?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by socialmediaman: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Poshriel:
Computer village 2013.. 15k

What happened? They sold you soap covered with iPhone case?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Opexzy: 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
jeff1607:

why the hesitation?

Please Note

His moniker is not finestboi, but funnynation and he said he is an MC...

I have added his pictures to my first post.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Generaloluseye: 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
I was scam on data bundle her after two days I reported him to the bank his account was blocked he later called me apologizing

I reported mine to the bank and i was told to contact the law enforcement agent
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Opexzy: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
cassyrooy:
I'm shocked. That's all I can say at this time.

Please Note

His moniker is not finestboi, but funnynation and he said he is an MC...

I have added his pictures to my first post
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by princechina(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
kels4fun:
I was scammed bro
you are about to fall victim again

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bluefilm: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
trueconscience:

I smell lies all around your post.

From 10k to 500 notes?! Which year are you talking about exactly?

That bros can lie for Africa, aswear. shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Onozboy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Blackmoran:
This was around 2012, I meet this girl on Facebook she introduced her self as happiness. Seeing her profile picture this babe was quite beautiful if I was to rate her with her picture I will give her a eight out of ten.... In the space of three month we became so intimate online, to cut the story short we decided to meet, I stay in Lagos while she is from Enugu.. She travelled all the way to Lagos for us to meet... The night before the day she was to arrive I couldn't sleep her face was all that was in my mind.. The next morning she called that she has just drop at the park, I quickly rush took a taxi heading to the park.. I called her trying to know where she was and what was the colour of her dress so I can locate her, thank God I saw her first without she seeing me, I felt like the ground should open up and swallow me, she look so different from what I imagined, she was a ugly fat hippo. If me and her were to stand side by side we would look like number 10... I just have to switch off my phone and went back home...God forgive me. Later I found out that pics she use was her in secondary school.

You scammed her instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by princechina(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo.

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Edit: For those asking about the 10 kobo I gave Musa, like I said initially, I don't exactly remember the actual value, but I know it was the change I had on me which was a coin. grin

Also, N 500 note was in existence as at 2003/2004 cool

I no finish ur story cos it smells of lies. Wetin u know at 7?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by golddare: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo.

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Edit: For those asking about the 10 kobo I gave Musa, like I said initially, I don't exactly remember the actual value, but I know it was the change I had on me which was a coin. grin

Also, N 500 note was in existence as at 2003/2004 cool

I just hope Musa has not joined politics, what a mind at pry 3.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by jamael(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
jared007:
Give this story to children author let them write a storybook.

Ok. I'll try to. Do you have any author you'd recommend?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Coldie(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
hefelove:

Na so so ahh I just dey shout here. Those police worst pass the man wey scam your dad sef
Police is the major reason Crime is ravaging Nigeria. If they do what they pay them to do and not be out looking for how to steal money from citizens crime will reduce drastically

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by cassyrooy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Gudlite:
Nobody mentioned MMM
Giverforum etc

Abi nobody for Nairaland participated?
My MMM 2016 experience.

Someone sent 100k to me through my elder sister, as a respectful young guy, I didn't demand immediate forwarding to my account because the need for the money was in two months time.

I reached Abuja and everything was normal o, some my of friends in my previous location were cashing out and I was seeing serious evidence but I refused to join.

Then I asked my sister for 20k to do (then they promised some extra for the December period, so I was expecting around 42k) and I had 2accounts one for referral bonus and the other for my investment.

The referral account paid. My sister with glee on her face, informed me of already investing 50k (and was expecting up to 85k then), Chai! I come dey beg her to top up the refund to 60k for me, she just dey insult my father join.

Without any form of doubt, she gave me the 20k I requested and I paid those matched to me for payment.

Boom, 2 days for her to receive her money, MMM froze payments o. I was shocked that Tuesday morning, and later that evening I didn't visit her house as I normally do whenever I don't know what to do with myself.

On Thursday, na so I go her place, after I've recovered from the shock (of losing 70k combined). I land story say market don baje to her, she almost ran mad.

Funnily, she don go buy things for her children early enough from Suleja from the remaining 30k wey dey her hand. 100k don dissipate like puffed smoke.

Na me come tell her say make she no worry say I go find another way to cope when time to use money arise.

I was scared for her then than the money o, because if she commit suicide, I can't bear it.

Three months later, I one idiot still enticed me with ponzi and I drop 10k and lost it too.

MissJoy29 come and see something o, and share your own.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bluefilm: 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
unikprince:
2019 Ocrober, my younger sister that have been job hunting in Lagos happily called me that she has gotten a job with a forex trading company called PENNUEL MANAGEMENT LTD as one of their marketers. Being a big bro that would want to support my sister to make high commission for her first month at work, I invested #500k hoping to get #625k by November and also make her get some good commission. Two weeks later she called me and started crying that their ogas have all ran away with people's money.

I find tears to cry I no see embarassed embarassed embarassed. Na so my hard earned five hundred thousand naira use enter water.

I don laff you taya. grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by cerebralniggie1: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
In 2017, I was introduced to a US based guy by the name Grafiti fotos(Niyi). I was told he brings cameras from the US and sells at a far cheaper rate than the average rates here in Naija at the time. We chatted and spoke a couple of times. I jumped on the offer. Sent him 500k for a canon camera. I was to get the camera a week later. One week passed, no word from him. Weeks turned into months. Guy came up with flimsy excuses. I knew I had been scammed. I deleted his contact and chat history from my phone. Just had to move on with my life. I was tired of his cock and bull stories. It's been 2 years and 7 months now. Thank God I have a much better camera today. It wasn't a funny experience at the time cos my business had just taken a nose dive and it was my life's savings I sent him. I'm thankful my business bounced back and I was able to get a far better camera.
I hope these scammers know there shall surely be a day of reckoning.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by jamael(m): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Meeezzzy:
Are you from sokoto state?
Nah. But I was born and raised there.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Mykel51(m): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
nzeobi:

SARS extorted me 100k last year, I did transfer so I have all the details, I even wrote a story on nairaland but it wasnt pushed to front page.

Any hope.

Go to Twitter, create a post and tag Ruggedman, PCRU, IG of Police and EFCC...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
GuestLog:
Yes, on Telegram.
I participated in a hyip Bitcoin bot investment. The rubbish got to withdrawal part and I didn't see money in my account. When I contacted the Admin he told me point and plain that it's all a scam! I nearly run mad.
my friend lost 100k to the same thing
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by djWALE(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
I actually met a guy here who scammed me through the usage of g miner app.. ..I will get a hold of u soon
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Chi59:
I don't think I can ever buy anything on Nairaland. Too many scam.
People have been and still buy on nairaland, just run a check on the person's profile, ask for some kind of vouch and ensure the account isn't new, say a year or 6 months and less
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bluefilm: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Can never be scammed. Closest was at yaba when these Senegalese lost trader format was tried on me. I was promised laptop and nokia n97. We reach where we suppose enter cab i told them i wanted to piss. Naso i jump gutter flee

Wait... So na you be dat guy!?

If you see as I dey laff you as you take off that day eh...

You really surprised me as you take jump that gutter that day with your tiny legs.

I dey surprised as your legs no break into pieces that day as you take run.

Laff no even gree me pursue you. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chukapage(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nairalandite:
Mine own is still very fresh. I was scammed of a total of #113k between 31st January and 1st February. This is the way it went.
I joined telegram that day and I was into a business that I need to buy product at the end of the month. So I had about #120k but needed #169k. So I was added to many such platform where they kept advertising pay #50k to get #150. I saw various testimonies and was so convinced. So that Friday, I chatted the so called admin up and I was sent the account number with Union bank. I deposited the #55k I was willing to use. It was then I was told that I will register with #31k and some hundreds. At this point I was like how? I was scared that I have been caught but comparing #55k to about #32k, I still went further to deposit. After that I was told to pay #26k for withdrawal form then I knew I was in trouble. I sent the #55k on Friday then sent the #32k and #26k on Saturday by 4pm. I was now told that I will receive #165k by 9pm on Saturday. By 8pm, I was blocked. Chai, I couldn't tell anybody and was sweating inside AC that night, the way my voice tone changed as I was teaching a cousin of mine and a call came in, the lady noticed that something was wrong with me. Last last, my business crumbled and the money greatly affected me. I went to my bank but nothing has been done to it till date. Chatted with Union Bank but couldn't get anything. So that was how I was scammed o. I even feel like putting the account number here self
chai bro next time know that those testimonies are still those same scammers ,they open multiple emails and comment with each.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Yusuf Toyib Kidnapped: This Medical Doctor Is Missing! Please Have You Seen Him? / The Knife Doctors Removed From Cheek Of Woman Stabbed By Husband (Pics) / 18-Year-Old TV Anchor Drugged, Gang-Raped In Primary School Classroom In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.