Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84226 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by uuzba(m): 1:04am On Apr 24, 2020
Tango123:
I personally know 3 person who have tested positive of Corona virus
Who, who and who?
Can't they share message in WhatsApp?

If it's meatpie and iPhone now, they will snap and forward message to everybody's phone.
Now, real important illness, and suddenly no sick person has phone again .

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by uuzba(m): 1:06am On Apr 24, 2020
PDPGuy:
A classmate of mine tested positive to COVID-19.. But he is recovering nicely
What happened?
Did government officials come to his house?
How did he catch it?
Where did he go? Whom did he contact?
Did it affect his street?
What part of Nigeria does he live in?
What age?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Chapii: 1:12am On Apr 24, 2020
solmus:
cool

Common sense, 200,000,000 people cant all know 28 dead victims , same way 2.4 million registered account with many fake accounts included on nairaland cant all know 28 dead victims especialy has their names aint being mentioned to prevent stigmatization

Then why should we sit at home over an insignificant number.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by eaglez(m): 1:14am On Apr 24, 2020
boom99:
I LADY JUST TOLD ME OF HER NEIGHBOUR WHO WAS SICK. THE NURSE CAME AND TOLD HER SHE HAD SYMPTOMS OF MALARIA AND TYPHOD. THE HUSBAND DID NOT HAVE CASH AT ALL FOR THE TREATMENT, HE DECIDE TO CALL NDC.... THEY CAME OO, TOOK HER AND TOLD HER SHE HAD COVID, THE WOMAN DID NOT COMPLAIN THEY TREATED HER FOR TWO WEEKS. THEY FEED HER WELL TOOK CARE OF HER. SHE DIDNT WANT TO COME BACK. SHE CAME BACK LOOKING FRESH. NO WONDER CNN NO EVEN THEY CARRY NEWS ABOUT 9JA COVID.
bro this your story eh, well kindly tell the husband of the woman to tell the nurse to quarantine herself, they have similar signs, please let us not joke with this virus thing. IT IS REAL. Am pleading to all on this platform corona virus is REAL O.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by volo112: 1:18am On Apr 24, 2020
How many names or pictures of convid 19 patients have you seen on TV.( This was done intentionally because of stigmatization)
If their faces were shown, the stigmatization would have been too much.
Your next door neighbor might have been treated and recovered from the isolation centre without you knowing.

If it wasn't real, do you think the Nigerian government would have ordered lockdown
Nigeria is currently losing billions due to the lockdown
Both States and federal government are losing money
The private sector is also losing money.
At the moment now, recession is almost knocking on the doors of Nigeria.

We are experiencing the low death rate by God's grace. it is not by our govt efforts'. Countries like USA, Italy , Spain has better healthcare facilities yet people are dying in their thousands.

Don't be a victim before you believe convid -19 is real .
The experience isn't palatable at all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by eaglez(m): 1:22am On Apr 24, 2020
omonuhabi:

Since you want to be sure so as to know that the figures are not scam, I pray for you that the next figures of infection will come from your household and it shall lead to subsequent death. Please say amen.

What rubbish. Do you all think it's easy, go to the household of those affected then you will know that Jesus is Lord.

If you are so inquisitive, just go to the isolation centres and expose yourself to the disease by then you can be absolutely sure.

Foolish.
Hey bro, you need not waste your time saying all of these, my people say when they carry another man's corpse, it will seem lime a log to another person. Please this virus is real o as per the ncdc data, expect more of that, Nigeria has not done any testing, so many people have been affected though asymptomatic, please stay safe and clean.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Eniolakiite(f): 1:32am On Apr 24, 2020
Please don't be deceived. This virus is real. People are dying seriously here in New York. It hurts when I hear some Nigerians don't think its real. It is real please. May you not catch it. Stay safe and wash your hands and do the social distancing. Your life is worth more pls my dears.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by eaglez(m): 1:36am On Apr 24, 2020
You are a rare gem bro, just one question, is there any possibility of a recovered patient being reinfected more like after being discharged from the hospital and one gets home to be reinfected by the virus itself.
abdullkabar:
Laughable post
Like seriously!!!!
Well, this is what our leaders have caused

*_This is one of the most enlightening information I've ever come across on this COVID-19 pandemic.
I don't know the originator but I think he/she deserves an applause.**_ ������

Read on.

� A QUESTION PEOPLE OFTEN ASK �

How/Why Do People Recover If There's Still No Proven Cure For COVID-19?

� ANSWER :

Most respiratory viruses-- including Corona viruses such as the ones that causes the Common Cold -- are self-limiting, so to say.

What this means is that they have a relatively finite period in the human body before they "wear themselves out," or the immune system contains them, and the sufferer recovers.

Treatment for these viruses is thus mostly aimed at;

1. Relieving symptoms, in order to make the sufferer comfortable.

2. Keeping the infected person alive by supporting organ systems attacked and impaired by the virus.

Most times, treatment is not aimed at curing such viral illnesses, by attacking the virus itself. This is partly because they're self-limiting, and partly because developing antiviral medication is darn difficult due to the fact that they mutate so rapidly, and are more or less like shape shifters. If you develop a treatment against this form today, tomorrow they may mutate into a form resistant to said treatment.

So, the best form of treatment for such viruses is prevention, either by modification of social and lifestyle habits, to break the chain of transmission; or by vaccination.

If someone however becomes infected, treatment, as the immune system slugs it out with the virus, is usually supportive, and not definitive.

Before we move on to COVID-19, I want to make a distinction and clarification between two forms of treatments- supportive treatment, and definitive treatment.

� DEFINITIVE/SPECIFIC TREATMENT

In the context of infectious diseases, definitive treatment entails treatment targeted specifically at the offending organism, aimed at eliminating it from the body. Once this is done, the body-- through its repair mechanisms, heals itself of the damage already caused by the organism, and the person recovers.

An example is use of antimalarial drugs to treat Malaria, and antibiotics to treat bacterial infections.

� SUPPORTIVE TREATMENT

This, in the context of infectious diseases, is treatment not aimed at eliminating the organism, but relieving its symptoms, and supporting vital bodily functions already compromised by it, while waiting for, or hoping that, the immune system will contain said infection.

So, if the person is having a distressful cough, you may have to give cough syrups to suppress it; if there's fever, you may have to use anti-pyretics, such as paracetamol, to relieve it; if in pain, analgesics may be used generously to make the patient more comfortable; etc.

If the infection compromises the function of certain vital organ systems, and the person is at risk of dying without optimal functioning of said system, you support the organ's function:

- For failing lungs; oxygen, and ventilators, may be needed.

- For cardiovascular collapse; fluids, and vaso-pressors may be given.

- For kidney failure; dialysis may come in handy.

Etc.

By doing these, you may be able to keep the body going, while the immune system wages battle against the offending organism.

If by the time the immune system is able to win the war and contain the infection, you have managed , through your supportive treatment, to keep the person alive, the person recovers.

However, if the damage caused by the organism in its wake is too much, and your supportive treatment couldn't keep the person alive to see the end of the battle between immune system and bug, the person dies.

� COVID-19

For COVID-19, the "finite" period of battle between immune system and virus is usually between 2 to 6 weeks-- up to 8 weeks in some instances, depending on the competence/resilience of the person's immune system, among other things.

If one is able to withstand the onslaught of the virus within this period, the person would pull through, sometimes without any treatment, other times with supportive treatment, all depending on the severity of the disease.

To put this in context, COVID-19 has 5 clinical variants BASED ON SEVERITY;

1. Asymptomatic Form.

In this form, one gets infected without manifesting any symptom whatsoever. The person thus ends up just as a mere carrier, spreading the infection to others.

2. Mild Disease.

Some people would get the virus, but just have upper respiratory tract infection, with symptoms such as sneezing, mild fever, cough, malaise, etc; and recover rapidly, with or without any supportive treatment.

3. Moderate Disease.

This group would go on to develop lower respiratory tract infection, with pneumonia, and would need some supportive treatment, but may not be sick enough to need oxygen therapy.

4. Severe Disease.

This group develop Pneumonia, and get so sick that they would need oxygen therapy.

5. Critical Disease

This group of patients get so bad, and develop A.R.D.S, and ventilatory respiratory failure, so much that they would need a ventilator to survive, without which they'd definitely die.

� NB

This classification is based solely on the effect of the virus on the respiratory system, its primary target in the body. That however doesn't mean that the virus only affects the lungs.

The form of the disease one develops depends on a host of factors including;

1. Immune status.

2. Age.

3. Presence of other co-morbidities, such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Cancer, Chronic Lung Diseases, etc.

People with asymptomatic and mild to moderate forms of the disease don't need much help to recover; sometimes they're even advised to stay at home, especially in countries whose Hospitals are already overwhelmed, and are managed with minor conservative/supportive measures to relieve symptoms such as fever, headache, chest pain, and cough.

People with severe and critical forms of the disease would need Hospital admission and a lot of supportive measures, including oxygen therapy, ventilators, anti-shock therapy-- if necessary, and the full compliment of ICU care.

If conservative measures are enough to sustain the person, the person could still pull through even without specific antiviral therapy.

� CONCLUSION

Hope I've been able to make you understand how recovery is possible, even without a definitive cure.

Now you know.

-------------------------------------------

Just in case you were wondering, I intentionally didn't want to dabble into the controversies surrounding touted specific antiviral remedies such as the Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin combination, Kaletra/Alluvia, Arbidol, etc; because whatever influence they have on prognosis doesn't negate the submissions made here.

*#Copied*
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Elxandre(m): 1:56am On Apr 24, 2020
bluefilm:
Covid19 is a huge scam by Bill Gates and his Satanic illuminati group.

It is not different from the common cold seasonal flu that people have been having.

They just twisted it, gave it a new name and a Plandemic is born.

He will now use the excuse to introduce any one of his numerous vaccine projects to depopulate the world.

Luckily for the world, their scam has been hugely exposed this time around.
So what has been killing people in multitudes in Italy and USA?

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by flowjoe: 1:57am On Apr 24, 2020
See the problem with the African man is that unless he sees it happen close to him, he won’t believe. This virus is killing people worldwide yet you guys want to be ignorant. Not that you provide essential services or the likes. Please don’t be unfortunate, if not for yourself, do it for the other people who could possible be endangered by your over zealousness
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kolotar: 2:00am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
solmus:
cool

Common sense, 200,000,000 people cant all know 28 dead victims , same way 2.4 million registered account with many fake accounts included on nairaland cant all know 28 dead victims especialy has their names aint being mentioned to prevent stigmatization

[/s]
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kolotar: 2:00am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
solmus:

I just dey wonder why our people just dey like this
[/s]
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kolotar: 2:02am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
solmus:

Common Common sense, Nairaland only has 2.4 million members not all are online and the few online ones are claiming to know a relative
[/s]
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by eaglez(m): 2:03am On Apr 24, 2020
honeyB2018:
Honestly, I have my doubts about the way these guys at NCDC's handling this Covid19 issue.
There is a lot of secrecy in their dealings. I have said this in my previous post on this platform.
How come the identity of the Covid patients are hidden, while that of Ebola patients in 2014, were made public?
Names of Nigerians in diaspora, who died through covid 19, were published,and those that died here are kept in secret, with the exception of few.
Why should the number of the recovered, discharged and death, bed still countered, when we should be concerned with the active cases?
names of the discharged are kept secret to prevent stigmatization, I just hope that some of these discharged patients will not lose their source of livelihood if their employers finallu get to know like the boyfriend to the young nurse from abia state that died during the Ebola crisis, I think this is another aspect the government has to work on, there should be anti-stigmatization laws for instances as these we are having now.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kolotar: 2:04am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

You would be misled if you want to be.

So far in Nigeria , a country of 200 million people less than 30 people have died, one at least was in the public eye.

The rest, less than a thousand people have only tested positive and some may have been asymptomatic.

It is left for you to believe this or not but probability suggests you wouldn't know anyone that has been afflicted.

By the way, how many people do you know personally have been killed by Boko Haram?

Does that make it a scam?
[/s]
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kolotar: 2:05am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
solmus:

you just spoke my mind .. am tired of our peoples attitude
[/s]
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Elxandre(m): 2:07am On Apr 24, 2020
harakiri:
Nope...

If there is covid 19 in Nigeria, the figures are definitely no where near the fraud they are displaying on the NCDC website. For starters...

(1) Nigeria's census is based on fraud. Their figures are disputable.

(2) Nigeria's elections are frauds and I'm expected to believe NCDC figures?

(3) I am yet to see ONE dead body from Nigeria. We had tons of pictures plus videos of A.I.D.S, Ebola, Yellow fever and even Malaria yet not one video of a deceased Covid victim in Nigeria.

Deep down I know this Lockdown is all About looting govt funds. They are ready to lock us down till December so long as billions of "aid" money keeps coming in. They don't give a shit about you or me dying from.hunger.

The sooner people especially youths start staging violent protests in Nigeria, the better. No god will come down to help you. Even if everyone in aso rock dies today, more evil ones will replace dem tomorrow so no point rejoicing in Kyari's death.

We are too docile in this country and that is why theme govt will continue having their way. China, America, France, Italy etc have had their share of horrific leaders. The people fought and many died for the life they enjoy today.

No god is out to save Nigerians. Ask your fraudulent miracle working pastors who are on vacation. They aren't fools you know.
So the government prefers the little money from foreign aides to revenue that would be made without a lockdown in place?

You people are ridiculous. So paltry 100 million Euros that one person embezzles in Nigeria is enough reason to stop economic activities that would fetch several multiples of that?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by eaglez(m): 2:08am On Apr 24, 2020
Breadfruit:
how did she contract it? How old is she? Did she self isolate or was treated by ncdc?
bros are you collating data Who told you the infected persons know how and where they contacted it from/who is saddled with the responsibilities of treating infected patients in Nigeria If you are having any symptoms quickly go for testing and do not consider what people will say about you, I think that is what is holding so.many people of not going out for testing, you are better off a living dog(just to drive home a point) than a dead lion for Christ sake please stay safe, this shit is real

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by eaglez(m): 2:18am On Apr 24, 2020
volo112:
How many names or pictures of convid 19 patients have you seen on TV.( This was done intentionally because of stigmatization)
If their faces were shown, the stigmatization would have been too much.
Your next door neighbor might have been treated and recovered from the isolation centre without you knowing.

If it wasn't real, do you think the Nigerian government would have ordered lockdown
Nigeria is currently losing billions due to the lockdown
Both States and federal government are losing money
The private sector is also losing money.
At the moment now, recession is almost knocking on the doors of Nigeria.

We are experiencing the low death rate by God's grace. it is not by our govt efforts'. Countries like USA, Italy , Spain has better healthcare facilities yet people are dying in their thousands.

Don't be a victim before you believe convid -19 is real .
The experience isn't palatable at all.
Yeah the experience is not palatable but if one happens to be a victim, have it at the back of one's mind that so many people have become victims before such person and they came out of it strong. Please go for testing, so many people are infected, the earlier one starts the supportive treatment,the better for one.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by onyxo76(m): 2:19am On Apr 24, 2020
my in law tested positive, self isolated at home for 2 weeks now fully okay.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by boom99(m): 2:24am On Apr 24, 2020
eaglez:
bro this your story eh, well kindly tell the husband of the woman to tell the nurse to quarantine herself, they have similar signs, please let us not joke with this virus thing. IT IS REAL. Am pleading to all on this platform corona virus is REAL O.

All i am saying is most of these people dont have the virus. Na malaria them get
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by AreaFada2: 2:42am On Apr 24, 2020
This thing is real. VERY REAL.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by babatundea877: 2:44am On Apr 24, 2020
If really all these purported figures are true. Then why is social distancing being flouted at burials of some notable politicians.
I believe on the inside they believe is not as true as the news exxagerate it. The media is acting well as a gesture to compliment the philanthropists’ donations and attract more international pity

Please stay safe the best you can! Government aint helping any shit!!!
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by fareed69(m): 2:51am On Apr 24, 2020
mimimile93:
I know 3. 1 is my fiancée's cousin.

Over there in Nigeria I think the case is more than what NCDC is reporting. If Nigeria does mass testing the figures should be from 5000 upwards

God bless � you.
Some people just say rubbish.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ComeAndobo: 2:58am On Apr 24, 2020
maak400:
Finally someone is asking the right question! Coronavirus exists but the figures are simply cooked up for some sinister plans by world powers in order to establish a new world order! People need to wise up because there’s a global grand plan that is unfolding before our very eyes. I won’t say much.

Trash. When that virus is done with Naija. You go know how far.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by genieplus86(f): 3:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Yes ! A friend's mum in Lagos . Checkout her daughter testimony on Facebook. Chichi Chik-pee Chukwueke.

Do not gamble with your life.

Get the info
Get the info
Get the info.

Make denial no kee u there. Get sense. The virus is real
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Logba: 3:12am On Apr 24, 2020
How on Earth can anyone still think covid-19 figures in Nigeria are cooked when we all see what is happening in Europe and America? Do you know what the country is losing on a daily basis with the lockdown . You are waiting for your family members to get infected or perhaps die to confirm covid-19 is real in Nigeria. Indeed true education is not the certificates we carry, many are educated but their minds are just empty.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by BEEFIE: 3:20am On Apr 24, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.

you're even more dangerous than people who can't read or write
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Emeritus153: 3:28am On Apr 24, 2020
since you're waiting for your family as a case study, wait you will soon find yourself in isolation center. all the revenue closed all the institution closed every aspect of economy and you still claiming doubting Thomas. Your eyes will soon be open.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by covic19: 3:46am On Apr 24, 2020
27 billion is change to compare what our country is loosing, you don't need to know someone before you know covic 19 is around you.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Happyfela(m): 4:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Having an argument with an older guy right now and he believes Corona is a scam. Some people reasoning just gives someone Headaches
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ikorodureporta: 4:19am On Apr 24, 2020
Rapmoney:

Go and sit down. Corona is not in Nigeria. These guys are using this crap to steal funds but most of you are too gullible to reason soundly.

no let ignorance scatter yr future..

So, Ghana, Cameroun, Egypt, all countries fighting Covid are gullible right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.