Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84280 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Iwillsurvivedis: 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
somehow:
Smalle Ghana with 1300 cases and you think they can teach us what we don't know?

Its the number of test conducted not by population.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by flexyndavis(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
my own b say kano sabi inflate numbers,thats what dey do to oga jona during 2015 elections,now governor say may dem give am 15 billion to fight who? everybody just de cash out in d name of covid 19, if i start my own ,joy no go dee ooo
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by fastlane84: 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
*Do* *You* *Have* *Items* *That* *You* *Want* *To* *Sell?*

Setting up a sale at your home or shop can be *time* *consuming*, and you'll barely make *money* for all of the *efforts* you put in.

�� *�� ***�
*What* if there was a way to *connect* with *members* of your community to sell items *new* or *used* and show your items to our thousands of users while *buying* *products* from others who live *nearby?*

�� *�‍�‍�‍�
Introducing an E-commerce Platform that allows users to *Sell* *Faster* and *Buy* *Smarter*

Http:///lagos_market

All you need to do is click the above link and post all your products and start making *sales* from *home*.

*Membership* is *free,* what are you waiting for.

��
Http:///lagos_market

Make more money from home at this Covid-19 period.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by harakiri(m): 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jarus:

When you talk about management of the virus, that is another thing.

But when you say, the number of coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria is padded or that the whole thing is stagemanaged to get money, then it has entered the realm of stupidity.

That is my point.

By the way, all the monies we are talking about for Nigeria Covid-19 (mis)management so far is nowhere near what Abacha stole pls.

Really? $7 billion proposed by China? 50 million euros from EU? 2.5 billion from the U.S? N5 billion from Otedola? N1 billion from dangote? N500 million from Adeleke? Do I really need to bore you with figures?

Concerning padding.. Common sense (which is not common by the way) should inform you that our previous census and elections have been incredibly FRAUDULENT! NCDC figures would naturally follow suit else how do you explain the theatrics of certain governors who hadn't recieved their share yet? Hmm? Rivers state gov needlessly shutting down a helicopter firm all to show his zeal in fighting covid 19? A northern gov demanding N15 billion the moment ONE case was "reported" in the state? Accountant Generals' office burning down 9hrs after NANS questioned the over N1 trillion naira claimed to have been spent "fighting" the disease?

Oga, as a Nigerian you should know better? This is a nation where no one gives a damn about thousands of lives lost to Fulani herdsmen, bokoharam, armed forces extra judicial killings, AIDS,Hunger&Starvation in the land,joblessness,malaria,thypoid, etc . Yet see all the fuss over a disease that has killed just 20.

If data was collated concerning those who die from starvation in this country, you'd be amazed. Hunger never affects the rich so no one gives a shit. Covid has obviously been unfair to those who spend most of their days in chilled air conditioning.

Need I say more? Point is I don't doubt its arrival in this hell hole...Nigeria is built on fraud. Those figures are no different. Name one single parastatal in Nigeria that is fraud free and I'll show you a green horse that lays eggs every full moon.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Montlab25: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
Nope. That's why I don't really believe that there is corona in Africa. Prove me wrong

No need to prove you wrong. You will believe when you are infected.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kingxsamz(m): 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:

The confirmed cases in Nigeria is not even up to #1000. We have millions of people in Lagos alone.
Now, how many people do you know in your life?

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Crystalehis(m): 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
maak400:
Finally someone is asking the right question! Coronavirus exists but the figures are simply cooked up for some sinister plans by world powers in order to establish a new world order! People need to wise up because there’s a global grand plan that is unfolding before our very eyes. I won’t say much.
you are very correct master
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by jamesjohn2010: 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
kingxsamz:

Many Nigerians are very dumb...
You can see the ediot up there that said Coronavirus is not in Africa. And 50 ediots liked the post.

I can't believe some Nigerians are living in self-denial. The magnitude is even underreported

5 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Bradiyung(m): 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
This thread is exactly my thoughts

I've not heard of anyone encounters with the NCDC coming to their area for a suspected case, but the numbers just keeps increasing so are the money been put into the fight of covid-19.

I pray this leaders no they scam us, if na scam just share my own money reach me for this lockdown and all will be forgotten.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Miracle1991: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
Nope. That's why I don't really believe that there is corona in Africa. Prove me wrong
you will only believe when it knocked at your door. Don't worry it's not far
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by brownsoldier(m): 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.

I'm actively participating in the response in Lagos. Bruh don't let your small circle deceive you. We see cases everyday
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Rapmoney(m): 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
hoygift:
Sickness way hold Alhaji, if em hold poor man em no go survive. So don't pray it gets to the poor masses that you know personally. Are you saying you don't know chief of staff personally?

Go and sit down. Corona is not in Nigeria. These guys are using this crap to steal funds but most of you are too gullible to reason soundly.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Omoslim26: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
someone from my maternal home who is a nurse died of the virus in USA
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by onegig(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
anigbajumo:

My bro am tired,this ur comment is the same thing I wrote on Facebook yesterday to one guy saying FG are using the pandemic to loot,FG is loosing billions of naira everyweek.I don't even know may be people realises that the present price of crude oil is not even up to production cost per barrel.Technically,FG needs the economy than anyone else because their only means of generating revenue is by non oil revenue.Why will FG lied to shut down the economy knowing fully well that they depend on this same economy to generate revenue since that price of oil has collapse globally.It is quite unfortunate that we av alot of young Nigerians that lack ability to think outside the box.Education is not indeed a certified way of literacy.

Honestly i don't where they crawl out from. There is a difference if the argument were actually coherent. They are just baseless thoughts that you don't expect someone who has seen the four walls of a classroom should vomit out.

Feelers from inside is that even Lagos the epicenter for Nigeria is pushing for a relaxation on the lockdown so biz can return gradually. They are loosing billions daily. You don't even need to travel far to know these things. Walk down to the Lekki toll gate, on an average there are prolly 10,000 cars plying to and fro daily multiply it by 200naira per car. That's 4million naira on a daily basis, money they don't receive any more . In 28days they have lost 110million naira and i am being conservative on the numbers here.

Now imagine the different arms of government collecting tolls and taxes that are currently unable to. So to think anyone would come out openly to say it is a scam to embezzle money reeks of otter brain damage. No excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Rapmoney(m): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
The man that died in Delta allegedly by the Virus, I know him. cry

You know nobody.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ProudBiafran: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
why is it that no dead body has been found that was discovered to be of CORONA VIRUS infection?

It is only after you have been tested and taken to the centre that you die AFTER testing positive to Corona...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Jostoman: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
xxolisexx:
yes, seen one at nimr office in yaba
tell us the name of the person

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by foreveryoung1515(f): 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
charles009:
You guys are all delusional.
So the virus update in Nigeria is scam because States are demanding more money than the other. The whole governors despite their differences agreed to extend lockdown.

Y'all need to sober up and wake up from your slumber, this was how the black Americans claimed melanin would save them from the virus. Today they are most hit racial group. So don't be proactive, keep fooling yourselves until you are caught in-between ..
you've said it all.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Rapmoney(m): 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
solmus:
cool

Common sense, 200,000,000 people cant all know 28 dead victims , same way 2.4 million registered account with many fake accounts included on nairaland cant all know 28 dead victims especialy has their names aint being mentioned to prevent stigmatization

Trash!

Cabbage!!!
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kingxsamz(m): 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamesjohn2010:

I can't believe some Nigerians are living in self-denial. The magnitude is even underreported

Exactly.
The number of infected people in Nigeria could be times ten the number of the confirmed cases already...and people are saying the government is spiking the numbers for their own gain, whereas the number of infected people are much more than they think, given the fact that Nigerians don't hear word, and are violating the stay at home and social distancing order.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Rapmoney(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Kyari is a prove na...must it get to yr hood?? #Thomases

The joke is on you for being gullible.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by chiommy63(f): 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Orubebe01:

Has she been discharged
YES. She's back to her family now.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by JubrinElSudan: 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rapmoney:

You know nobody.
Lol... why would you say so? Do you know me?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by somehow: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
What is the difference? they are less than 30m and have 1300 infected persons. Actually the tested number is about 26k.

Iwillsurvivedis:

Its the number of test conducted not by population.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by KINGCHUKWU(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
E no hard if Una de doubt.... Just go Lagos or Abuja centre...request say u wan hug and do the don'ts with the positive ones... Then afterwards, them go give u room...tell them say if Corona start to worry say make them no treat u, say na lie.. u hear...
Iwillsurvivedis:

I don't doubt the existence of the virus on the continent but those figures in Nigeria expecially Lagos and Kano is highly doubtful. Kano just demanded 15 billion from the federal government to fight the disease and any sane person will know that tracing or giving account of the funds afterwards will be highly impossible
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by harakiri(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
brownsoldier:

I'm actively participating in the response in Lagos. Bruh don't let your small circle deceive you. We see cases everyday

How many deaths?

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kingxsamz(m): 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rapmoney:

Go and sit down. Corona is not in Nigeria. These guys are using this crap to steal funds but most of you are too gullible to reason soundly.

To think you're a free thinker...
You don't sound logically sound yourself.
Like someone who's devoid of logic.
I'd be surprised if you're a graduate.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by MiniMiniPoPoPo: 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
mokkalu1:
When I see posts like this, I feel nudged to believe that human stupidity is infinite! �

I no sure say you get sense.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Jostoman: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
chibjohn:
Yes o. He is a family friend that lived and died in New York from covid-19. A man around 70 years. On Monday 13th April, my dad called to tell me he died of covid-19 in New York. All the memories of him is ever fresh on my mind. This is someone that we visit each other whenever he is in Nigeria. Corona Virus is real. Protect yourself.
we are talking about here in Nigeria
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by fabuloz1(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
josen16322:
i tink am suspectin dose ncdc people from day one becos i dont trust dem at all just look at d numbers of all d discharge patients doesnt rhyme wit numbas of confirm cases and death cases sad angry angry
The formula is;
Active cases + Discharged patients + No. of Death = Total Confirmed cases

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by GENTLETEE(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
I sont know of any personally o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery / People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.