Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu (12879 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / SIWN may arrest tinubu over fraud / EFCC Has Been Ordered To Arrest Tinubu – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

. . .  .and thats the difference. The people you mentioned above are not viewed as ethnic leaders but tinubu is viewed as an ethinc, political and regional leader undecided. Trust me, the reaction would be different this time.

Ethnic leader? Tinubu?? shocked Regional leader?? Now you pretend Tinubu is some ethnic leader?? ugh!!!!

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Akainzo(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I still do not see you posting exactly where you get the bit you keep coming back at me with. Again, where exactly do you have me stating that even without evidence, Tinubu ought to be arrested?

Maybe you missed that part where I showed your quote in my reply. Go back and read it.

Again . . . NO. IBB and OBJ have been investigated according to the EFCC. I believe there was the investigation on IBB back in 2006/2007. Jonathan, I think also PRETENDED earlier last year to go after the man but somehow we never heard much else of that. Obasanjo was not longer ago investigated in connection to the Halliburton bribery case, I know for sure. I think it is probably still in the courts or has maybe been throw out by now . .  who knows. But yes, both men have at one time or another been investigated by the same EFCC.

Again, please go back and check the records.

I don't know which records you are referring to but let me restate again, IT IS NOT TRUE THAT EFCC HAS INVESTIGATED IBB OR OBJ.
EFCC only investigated IBB's son in relation to the ownership structure of Glo and ETB back then when the PTDF scandal was ongoing. IBB himself was never investigated. The white paper on the Oil Windfall had even been declared missing, which would have been the basis for IBB's investigation.
Now the EFCC investigated the Halliburton bribery scandal, not that they investigated OBJ. Hope you know the difference between the two.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ethnic leader? Tinubu?? shocked Regional leader?? Now you pretend Tinubu is some ethnic leader?? ugh!!!!

ROFLMAO!!

I did not say he is but he is seen as one though, a sort of rally point for the yorubas undecided.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by fstranger6: 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

I did not say he is but he is seen as one though, a sort of rally point for the yorubas undecided.

Stop saying that Jason

I am yet to meet a fellow Yoruba who regards Tinubu as a leader

He wants to be, but he is not regarded as a leader!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger6:

Stop saying that Jason

gbammmmmmmmmm

God bless you

good one,,,, a man that is not loved by his people cannot be seen as a leader jason

you are itsekiri, so you do not really know much about this tiunbu guy thief undecided
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

Maybe you missed that part where I showed your quote in my reply. Go back and read it.
No, I did not miss any part. Again, either you SHOW ME MY EXACT WORDS STATING WHAT YOU CLAIM THERE or YOU DROP THIS NONSENSE NOW.

Akainzo:

I don't know which records you are referring to but let me restate again, IT IS NOT TRUE THAT EFCC HAS INVESTIGATED IBB OR OBJ.
EFCC only investigated IBB's son in relation to the ownership structure of Glo and ETB back then when the PTDF scandal was ongoing. IBB himself was never investigated. The white paper on the Oil Windfall had even been declared missing, which would have been the basis for IBB's investigation.
Now the EFCC investigated the Halliburton bribery scandal, not that they investigated OBJ. Hope you know the difference between the two.
So the EFCC never investigated IBB but accused him of introducing economic crimes just for no reason at all? lol

THE chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Thursday descended on former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, pointedly accusing him of introducing economic crimes (popular known as 419) in the country.

http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/EFCC_Descends_on_IBB_25752.shtml
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/ibb-general%E2%80%99s-treasure-thenews-cover-story
http://www.graftwatch.org/pdf/efccandibb.pdf

I think you can more easily google the recent halliburton cases and the EFCC investigations into the Obasanjo link to it. Also there was the $16 billion scandal he was investigated for, I believe back in 2007/08.

Again, these men have been investigated and are probably still being investigated by the same EFCC.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by GeorgeD1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2011
i hope this will not be another bola ige saga?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger6:

Stop saying that Jason

Because you and some yorubas do not like him does not mean every yorubas doesn't.
Truth be told, he is seen as a leader, although, some yorubas do not like him especially the aworis (the lagosians) thats one of the reasons fashola and tinubu were fighting. Tinubu is not a lagosian but he became the governor of lagos and did not respect the already made politicains in lagos. Infact, he jailed and framed some of them. Even, most yoruba leaders (awoist) like the ones in afenifere ( i forgot their names) do not like the self imposition of tinubu as a yoruba leader but in this political dispensation, they have no choice! Obj represented the yorubas in a bad way. Yorubas are know for progress ( from awo to jakande etc) and OBJ did the opposite.
Now, fashola is a born lagosian and he gives regard to the policians in lagos even the ones that are jailed. He does not like what fashola is doing thats why he became suspicious.
Anyway, to cut the long story short, he is seen as a rally point for NOW.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem1:

gbammmmmmmmmm

God bless you

good one,,,, a man that is not loved by his people cannot be seen as a leader jason

you are itsekiri, so you do not really know much about this tiunbu guy thief undecided

That does not mean i do not know about the political terrain in Nigeria. I know he is a thief but he has delivered democracy in the SW against PDP. PLEASE, do not think i like the guy, infact, i think he was the one that killed FUNSHO WILLIAMS but we cannot start to cry over a spilled milk, can we?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by showvic(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2011
One thing cannot be denied. All politicians or at least most are corrupt. However i prefer those who chop but work and I think Tinubu falls there.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
showvic:

One thing cannot be denied. All politicians or at least most are corrupt. However i prefer those who chop but work and I think Tinubu falls there.

WELL SAID!!! cool
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
showvic:

not at all in a million miles,,, it is fashola that does that not tinubu,,,, tinubu only chop and put mumu make him do well for lagosians so he can look good
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

WELL SAID!!! cool

there is nothing well said there because it is not him that made lagos,,,, fashola is, do not give fashola praises to tinubu
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
showvic:

He worked? Where?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

He worked? Where?
He laid the foundation for fashola to work on.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

It is like you all got the same memo, didn't you? Cause that is about all those who believe he worked seem able to say of the man.

He spent 8 solid years and billions of naira in tax payer money doing that. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

what foundation are u talking about undecided undecided undecided undecided mention on thing he did that laid that foundation other that he used the money he stole to elect fashola,,, tell me if i am wrong undecided
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Akainzo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No, I did not miss any part. Again, either you SHOW ME MY EXACT WORKS STATING WHAT YOU CLAIM THERE or YOU DROP THIS NONSENSE NOW.

OK here are your exact words
This is the Nigerian game that sure comes back to bite these people in their behind, time and time again. Problem is none of these politicians are ever willing to at least accept it is fair game when they find themselves on the loosing side.

There are other parties out there taking plots from the PDP. Why does it seem Tinubu is almost always the only victim out there?
and
Well, here is the thing. The man you suspect the government has chosen to go after is himself known for playing such games, so why should I give a darn? Why should anyone stand to be alarmed? Lol  Yes, he has his band of admirers but that does not mean we do not here see what he is doing clear as day. Come on, a dirty politician is a dirty politician, no matter which side he pretends to play for.

So the EFCC never investigatehttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=581553.128;num_replies=133#topd IBB but accused him of introducing economic crimes just for no reason at all? lol

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/ibb-general%E2%80%99s-treasure-thenews-cover-story

I think you can more easily google the recent halliburton cases and the EFCC investigations into the Obasanjo link to it. Also there was the $16 billion scandal he was investigated for, I believe back in 2007/08.

Again, these men have been investigated and are probably still being investigated by the same EFCC.

Please read those links as I have read them, and this are what the reports say:
i. The ocnus reprort 'EFCC descends on IBB', only stated that he accused him of introducing economic crimes and that they have gone after his son. Nowhere did it mention investigating IBB for his actions during his tenure.
2. The SR report: In this report SR claims EFCC would soon freeze IBB's accounts as there are indications that EFCC has concluded his investigations. And this report was in 2006, as this freezing of account was not done nor a report published, would it be right to say these indications were very much wrong? Ok, there are indications that Shagari is being investigated.  grin grin
3. The graft watch report: This towed the same line as the SR report, nothing new there.

I don't know why you are playing ostrich with this, the Halliburton scandal was investigated, does that translate to the fact that OBJ was investigated. EFCC probably followed that link and saw that it would lead to OBJ and they dropped it sharp-sharp. Maybe that is why there aint nothing happening to those mentioned in the report.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
This kobogirl is just one inconsistent character. One minute she says this, the next, she's singing another.
I agree Tinubu should be arrested, but first the likes of Atiku should be hounded up
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by fstranger6: 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2011
careytommy:

This[b] kobogirl[/b] is just one inconsistent character. One minute she says this, the next, she's singing another.
I agree Tinubu should be arrested, but first the likes of Atiku should be hounded up

She is old enough to be your mother!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by violent(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger6:

seriously? shocked
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ fstranger, that doesn't make her my mum!
She should thank her stars i'm using the most useless mobile browser in cyber history (ovi).
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by ekubear1: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger6:

Stop saying that Jason

You should go on some of the Yoruba mailing lists on Yahoo Groups and see what people think about him, whether he is viewed as a leader or not. Granted, they might not be completely representative, but it should give you an idea of what SW folks think of him.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2011
careytommy:

This kobogirl is just one inconsistent character. One minute she says this, the next, she's singing another.

tell me about it
fstranger6:

what!!!!!! angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
[size=13pt]Modified --[/size]
Akainzo:

No, I did not miss any part. Again, either you SHOW ME MY EXACT WORDS STATING WHAT YOU CLAIM (THAT NO EVIDENCE IS NECESSARY FOR AN ARREST)THERE or YOU DROP THIS NONSENSE NOW.

Akainzo:

So the EFCC never investigated IBB but accused him of introducing economic crimes just for no reason at all? lol

THE chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Thursday descended on former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, pointedly accusing him of introducing economic crimes (popular known as 419) in the country.

http://www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-politics/16175-atiku-buhari-ibb-under-probe-ribadu.html

I think you can more easily google the recent halliburton cases and the EFCC investigations into the Obasanjo link to it. Also there was the $16 billion scandal he was investigated for, I believe back in 2007/08. [size=13pt]Modified --[/size] IBB's investigation is from as far back as 2004.

Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by presido1: 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

That does not mean i do not know about the political terrain in Nigeria. I know he is a thief but he has delivered democracy in the SW against PDP. PLEASE, do not think i like the guy, infact, i think he was the one that killed FUNSHO WILLIAMS but we cannot start to cry over a spilled milk, can we?
If you know these two bolded what are you arguing about then. Are those two things not enuf to arrest somebody? Again you are saying that Tinubu a "Yoruba leader" is a thief and a murderer. Are you ok at all?

You are an embarrassment to Yorubas
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
presido1:

If you know these two bolded what are you arguing about then. Are those two things not enuf to arrest somebody? Again you are saying that Tinubu a "Yoruba leader" is a thief and a murderer. Are you ok at all?

gbammmm
good one
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
presido1:

I do not think you thought before you posted this. You did it out of anger and its understandable.

Now, did i not say, "I think"? It does not mean it is true. Moreover, I said I did not like him, does that mean it should becloud my judgement? I knowing he is a theif is a personal opinion but he is innocent until proven guilty. BTW, did EFCC not investigate him under OBJ's era? what did they find? Nothing! So what are you telling me? FYI, I'm of itsekiri origin.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by fstranger6: 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2011
eku_bear:

You should go on some of the Yoruba mailing lists on Yahoo Groups and see what people think about him, whether he is viewed as a leader or not. Granted, they might not be completely representative, but it should give you an idea of what SW folks think of him.

I talk to people on ground

I talk to my classmates in Nigeria and friends who are on ground

Even as a Governor, he was not well liked.

Of course, a handful would adore him, but that is not representative of the sentiment of the whole ethnic group!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger6:

Even as a Governor, he was not well liked.

Of course, a handful would adore him, but that is not representative of the sentiment of the whole ethnic group!

I know, but in this political dispensation, he is a political representative. Thats why ACN is gaining momentum in the SW
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by presido1: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

Now, did i not say, "I think"? It does not mean it is true. Moreover, I said I did not like him, does that mean it should becloud my judgement? I knowing he is a theif is a personal opinion but he is innocent until proven guilty. BTW, did EFCC not investigate him under OBJ's era? what did they find? Nothing! So what are you telling me? FYI, I'm of itsekiri origin.
You are still writting trash my friend. Stop shooting yourself.  You are aware of the bolded yet you call him a thief.  After EFCC investigation and did not find anything which happened like yrs back you still call him a thief today. Do you make any sense?

About you "think" it takes nothing out from your first post that i quoted. So you as a delta man think Yorubas will have a Murderer as a leader?. The rate you people goof in the name of sounding sensible on this political section is alarming.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Akainzo(m): 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Modified --[/size]No, I did not miss any part. Again, either you SHOW ME MY EXACT WORDS STATING WHAT YOU CLAIM (THAT NO EVIDENCE IS NECESSARY FOR AN ARREST)THERE or YOU DROP THIS NONSENSE NOW.

I have shown you twice, yet you can't see it. Go on and be an ostrich.

http://www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-politics/16175-atiku-buhari-ibb-under-probe-ribadu.html

I think you can more easily google the recent halliburton cases and the EFCC investigations into the Obasanjo link to it. Also there was the $16 billion scandal he was investigated for, I believe back in 2007/08. [size=13pt]Modified --[/size] IBB's investigation is from as far back as 2004.

I don't know how hard it is to understand what I wrote. BTW, did you read those threads you are pointing me to? I read them and posted for you what each thread talked about yet you are still pointing me to the same threads. Haba!

There is a difference between an investigation of the Halliburton case and an investigation of OBJ and his corrupt practices during his regime. Is that too hard to understand.

The $16B scandal relates to the power projects and it was an investigation by the House (NASS) and the report was to have been submitted to the EFCC, and as usual the report grew wings.

IBB has never being investigated! That I accuse you does not mean I am investigating you, how do you equate the two to be the same. I even jocularly put the Shagari bit there for you to see the futility of this line of argument.

Compare it to the Bode George case, the EFCC under Ribadu investigated, called him for questioning and then later declared him innocent. They came on air to say they have investigated and he had issues but nothing to charge him to court for.

Tell me when did you read or hear that IBB was invited by EFCC to clear some things or that OBJ was invited to clear some things? At least if you investigate someone, you'd have to invite them for questioning to enbale them give their version of the stories. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. / Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption / Nigeria Experiencing Ethnic Cleansing, Needs International Help - Soyinka Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.