Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash (37250 Views)

Trump Claims Victory, Says He Will Dispute Election Count At Supreme Court / Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus / Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Farki: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2020
Captainrambo2:
stop acting all emotional and focus on that failure called Buhari thanks

As if I don't do that already, what's stupid in Nigeria is stupid in America.

1 Like

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by olumide4christ: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2020
frankson1:

They don't know about this. They think Trump is just sharing money because America have in excess. The next thing is for them to covert it to naira as if they spend naira is US.

Abi now...let me buttress your point further.
I had to do some research about something I saw as a flash on TV about 74% of Americans living from pay check to pay check with no savings. Go to MarketWatch.com. There I found out this was true. I also found out that accommodation in the US is at least $500-600 per month, it is in thousands of dollars in some expensive states like New York and California.
Now convert $500 to naira per month at N360, that's N180,000 per month for accommodation! That's equal to N2.16 million per year. How many of our people who are running to America for greener pastures pay N2.16 million per year as rent while they are here in Nigeria?? People that can afford that kind of rent in Nigeria will never japa to America to go and hustle.
But when they are here and they hear that people earn $50,000-150,000, they convert the money to Naira and begin to salivate not knowing that some costs will take a lot of that money.

Before I go, here are the links to the website. Check out both of them. Perhaps it will help reset the brains of many Nigerians.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-shocking-number-of-americans-are-living-paycheck-to-paycheck-2020-01-07

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-does-a-middle-class-budget-really-look-like-in-todays-economy-2019-10-04

7 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by frankson1(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2020
kelvindj98:

It's that one pisses me off the most. That's were I know most of the people here don't have sense at all.
Why will u convert the money to naira like you're spending the money here in Nigeria.

That was how someone made a post why he's not coming back to Nigerian because the Canadian government gave N600k. I simply told him to convert it to naira and spend it there.

These people are unbelievable.

My sister was screaming when I left the tap running while washing the plates.
You practically manage common water because you are made to pay for the amount of water you use. But here, when sister Clara is washing clothes the compound will be flooded with water.

These guys should stop talking as if everything is all perfect. American residents still die from various ailments too.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by lekki1444: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2020
ThierryJay:

Really?? So even medical doctors are stupid?? Oga you are making a profound mockery of yourself.

If a layman makes a suggestion to an expert that is considered ridiculous by the expert, pray tell me, is it the expert or the layman that is stupid??

If Sanwoolu is asked about how to tackle the hellish traffic gridlock caused by tankers in Lagos, and he responds by saying "maybe tanker manufacturers can consider making tankers that can fly out of the traffic so there's more space for cars, tell me, who will be considered stupid between Sanwoolu and the tanker manufacturers in Germany?? That's exactly how the illustration you gave appears like.

You do not know that statements from the most powerful position in the world, should carry serious weight and cannot be a subject of ridicule or "sarcasm" during such difficult times as now.

At this rate, you are now radiating Trump's dim-wittedness in alarming proportions.
let me ask you a question ? so when trump said we need something like a disinfectant to fight this corona virus, you actually really thought he was saying we should all go drink izal and dettol to fight corona virus ? because if this is what you thought he was saying i really wuld have to question your mental health. you need to go to yaba left to go see a doctor for your condiition bro
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by alizma: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2020
Eberex:

No face your own president you hear?
Dey there dey talk about another country President
Ohh na now una know say I suppose face my country ? But when Trump was busy running his mouth over other countries' affairs una no no caution him. Na he has failed woefully to maintain US position as world power. Champions are known in challenging moment and it is clear now that Trump is not smart. He had been riding on US past glory to intimidate others

3 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by maasoap(m): 11:31am On Apr 25, 2020
PoliteActivist:

You have to u understand 90% of American media are dishonestly reporting that he said people should start injecting themselves with disinfectant. How do u counteract that? How will u have time for the million other things facing POTUS. Plus people are threatening lawsuits

But he made a reckless statement which ignorant and desperate people could interpret according to their own understanding and act on it. He did the same thing with chloroquine and people died

1 Like

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by kunleham(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
masterP042:
The way people were refuting that he didn't make such statement in the other thread. Licking trumps ass like he gives a shiit about you guys.. Saner climes crew always praising US like their embassy officials view this thread and will commend u with visa for praising them. U guys always praise these people, it won't make them like u. It sucks, u guys don't fail to cease any opportunity to bring your country and yourselves down. Even if trump called Nigerians monkey and shit hole you'll still defend him. How low can our esteem get.
I'm surprised at the way some Nigerians particularly Ibos defend Trump like their lives depend on him. But I know all is because of hatred. God almighty will deliver them.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by ThierryJay: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
let me ask you a question ? so when trump said we need something like a disinfectant to fight this corona virus, you actually really thought he was saying we should all go drink izal and dettol to fight corona virus ? because if this is what you thought he was saying i really wuld have to question your mental health. you need to go to yaba left to go see a doctor for your condiition bro

You've conveniently ignored all the salient questions I asked you in my previous responses. Please respond to those first. Then I'll have a response to your latest question.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Captainrambo2: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2020
Farki:

As if I don't do that already, what's stupid in Nigeria is stupid in America.
americans will never ever elect someone that couldn't even show waec
.. go figure
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Bar1941(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2020
GamalNasser:
Ofcourse it's was sarcasm and stupid pained evil satanist Dems want to turn it around

Make sarcasm kii you there!
Even after American drug laws enforcement bodies came out almost immediately to debunk his claim, you kept on writing thrash, claiming he never said that and misleading people, now you are blaming democrats. I smh.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by lekki1444: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2020
ThierryJay:

You've conveniently ignored all the salient questions I asked you in my previous responses. Please respond to those first. Then I'll have a response to your latest question.
those were not salient questions. those were the questions of a man who needs to be in yaba left grin
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by kunleham(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2020
iamjavadem:
Of course it was sarcasm. People’s reaction to it just shows they all do not have sense, my conclusion since yesterday. Next.
Oga, wise up you're not a toddler. We're you there to know it is sarcasm?
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2020
bisoye11:
That was a sarcasm statement if you read and understand.

Read the comment below

frankson1:

Oga, sarcasm at this time. Then he got it very very wrong. Over 50k+ deaths and he is still joking with such statements.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by naijaman2225(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2020
edoairways:

That was when I saw the initial video

NOW LOADING.
TRUMP UNIVERSITY, TRUMP TOWERS, NEW YORK, NY

GS 101: HOW TO BE A CERTIFIED TRUMPNUT

1. EXCUSE ANY RANT/ACTION BY PRESIDENT TRUMP NO MATTER HOW INSANE/ABSURD/
IRRESPONSIBLE THE RANT/ACTION IS.

2. GO BACK TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THE INSANE/ABSURD/IRRESPONSIBLE RANT/ACTION.

3. TURN AROUND TO EXCUSE YOUR INITIAL EXCUSES BY PLEADING IGNORANCE OF THE FACTS

BONUS: DIG IN BY BLAMING THE PRESS, DEMOCRATS, WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, CHINA, INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT THE OUTSTANDING I.Q. OF THE 'STABLE GENIUS' ET. AL.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by PoliteActivist: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2020
Farki:

You are not serious. Trump is the President of the United States and continues to make idiotic statement after idiotic statement. He isn't some random celebrity or political activist his office has real power and his his statements have real consequences. The media is simply telling you exactly what Trump said yet you seem to think its an attack.
What about Fox News excusing his continued bumbling?

Why are you even defending this crap? ThierryJay

My man the fault lies with the MEDIA. They have a running war with Trump. Below is the verbatim transcript if what he said.
Read it. Do u still believe he said people should start injecting themselves with disinfectant - which is exactly what 90% of American media are reporting! How can u counteract that and still have time for the million things facing POTUS??

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by ThierryJay: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
those were not salient questions. those were the questions of a man who needs to be in yaba left grin

Oh well, there's no point responding to a sub-human as you have shown yourself to be incapable of basic rational thinking. You'd probably bleat over whatever I'd said like a goat.

Now run along into your pen and take some feed.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by timesup234: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

You are uncouth and stupid for calling someone with a different opinion that.

How do they burst Chinese figures? I doubt if you know that.
it’s the reduction in internet and network usage, Americans can’t die in hundreds of thousands without any media covering it.

Now go back into your cave.
You are a donkey! Almost a million Americans are dead. I am not a slave like you to believe bullshit coming out from that shithole country. May your corpse be consumed by maggot. Camel!

1 Like

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by kunleham(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2020
LibertyRep:
If anyone would cast aspersion on Trump at this moment, please let it not be a Nigerian.
Because Trump is your god. I don't know what you take the man for or what you take Nigerians for. If you're less a human, don't compare others to yourself.
Trump would be taken for who he's and for his utterances.
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Farki: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2020
Captainrambo2:
americans will never ever elect someone that couldn't even show waec
.. go figure

No they elected this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elhyo-_fR0E

1 Like

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by frankson1(m): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2020
olumide4christ:

Abi now...let me buttress your point further.
I had to do some research about something I saw as a flash on TV about 74% of Americans living from pay check to pay check with no savings. Go to MarketWatch.com. There I found out this was true. I also found out that accommodation in the US is at least $500-600 per month, it is in thousands of dollars in some expensive states like New York and California.
Now convert $500 to naira per month at N360, that's N180,000 per month for accommodation! That's equal to N2.16 million per year. How many of our people who are running to America for greener pastures pay N2.16 million per year as rent while they are here in Nigeria?? People that can afford that kind of rent in Nigeria will never japa to America to go and hustle.
But when they are here and they hear that people earn $50,000-150,000, they convert the money to Naira and begin to salivate not knowing that some costs will take a lot of that money.

Before I go, here are the links to the website. Check out both of them. Perhaps it will help reset the brains of many Nigerians.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-shocking-number-of-americans-are-living-paycheck-to-paycheck-2020-01-07

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-does-a-middle-class-budget-really-look-like-in-todays-economy-2019-10-04

My brother, there are several millions of Americans living in poverty and dept. Still, the people here are thinking America is heavenly.
No doubt, it's a nice place to stay but it also comes with a cost.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by ephraim18(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2020
Trump is human he can make mistakes at times... The covid 19 has overwhelmed everyone him is not exception even doctors and scientist are misyarning... Some even said corona can effect the scrotum some say u can contact it through mase... Trump is just trying to assist in anyway to stop the disease... He's not dumb like the liveless one we have here in Nigeria... Trump is lively he's intelligent and the most important thing i like about him he don't take shit from anyone... I like him period
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Miracle1991: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2020
Bluffly:
Truth is that it is sarcasm. Only intelligent people know when a sarcastic statement is made while the rest of the populace goes gaga
sacarstic statement from a president of the world while more than 50 thousand of his people are dead and more are on the line. That's show's he doesn't care about his people and the whole world. Do you know how many people are looking up to the US? This is the worst president of the United States. He is not supposed to be a president at all talkless of the whole United States.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by QuotaSystem: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2020
ofemigeorge:
shocked the bible said. If a fool keeps his tongue he will look as if he be wise. Check out buhari. Them don make am africa leader for fight covid 19. How many times him adress him nation. How many words him talk. Trump should just stop talking too much or else he will become a fool due to misyanning.

God bless you and your brilliant brain.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by ThierryJay: 11:51am On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
well i hope you have learnt something with this our discourse which is, taking all situations literally makes you look like an idiot. you have to apply some common sense to what people say and not just take it at face literal value. hope i have imparted that wisdom on you today my son. now go and sin no more lest another blight of ignorance befalls you

I am an animal rights activist. So I apologize for having maltreated you. Now go get some feed to relax cos that's where your IQ came from.
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by naijaman2225(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Captainrambo2 post=88834013] americans will never ever elect someone that couldn't even show waec
.. go figure[/quotes

YEAH MAYBE... BUT TRUMP GOT INTO UPENN BECAUSE DADDY HELPED HIM AND IT IS SHOWING IN HIS NON PERFORMANCE.
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by lekki1444: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2020
ThierryJay:

I am an animal rights activist. So I apologize for having maltreated you. Now go get some feed to relax cos that's where your IQ came from.
yes you are. but i have tamed you. grin
Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Farki: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2020
PoliteActivist:

My man the fault lies with the MEDIA. They have a running war with Trump. Below is the verbatim transcript if what he said.
Read it. Do u still believe he said people should start injecting themselves with disinfectant - which is exactly what 90% of American media are reporting! How can u counteract that and still have time for the million things facing POTUS??

They are reporting on the exact words he said. Why would you even defend a president advocating for disinfectant as a form of treatment. If Buhari said such would you defend it? It isn't the media's fault that Trump reasons like a 5 year old.

When he was promoting chloroquine people started overdosing on the drug. People are stupid and can believe anything said by someone in a position of power and run with it.

If Trump doesn't want to be criticised he shouldn't say stupid things and leave that to the experts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elhyo-_fR0E

2 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by PoliteActivist: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2020
maasoap:

But he made a reckless statement which ignorant and desperate people could interpret according to their own understanding and act on it. He did the same thing with chloroquine and people died

Lol. This is just unbelievable.
He said nothing wrong!
IT IS THE MEDIA!!!

Below is the verbatim transcript if what he said.
Read it yourself. Do u still believe he said people should start injecting themselves with disinfectant - which is EXACTLY what 90% of American media are reporting! How can u counteract that and still have time for the other million things facing POTUS??

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by amaridigital(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

How’s is it trump fault when democrat controlled states has the highest casualty figure

US has more population than France, Italy, UK, Germany and Spain combined together and there casualty is less than those countries

Going by your analysis, China and India should have recorded 10 million infections and 500,000 deaths by now. Trump is opening up America. Let's wait and see the outcome in the next one month.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 25, 2020
chloedogie:
Tshew. I tell people that if Trump inherited a terrible system or government like when there was world economy recession, he would have been chased out of the office by citizens and not the legislative arm of govt trying to cut him off now. He is not intelligent he is just leveraging on the solid and wealthy system he inherited. What is the difference between Buhari that keeps quiet and a Trump that makes noise with no substance? When I heard him talk about injecting with disinfectant I collapsed.

Re: Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash by maasoap(m): 11:58am On Apr 25, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Lol. This is just unbelievable.
He said nothing wrong!
IT IS THE MEDIA!!!

Below is the verbatim transcript if what he said.
Read it yourself. Do u still believe he said people should start injecting themselves with disinfectant - which is EXACTLY what 90% of American media are reporting! How can u counteract that and still have time for the other million things facing POTUS??

I had what he said in texts, no difference. Don't you think that was dumb enough coming from him. That was why I said that saying something silly like that could be interpreted anyhow

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine / Iran Says UAE, Bahrain Will Bear The Severe Consequences Of Israel Deals / Now Is The Time To Act On Iran - Benny Gantz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.