Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1092623 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 4:24am On Jul 09, 2020
@yimi, thanks,....yes ooo today @9am.

I'm quite prep for them ooo.

Thanks for the head's up

Yimi4realNo restrictions. 9am u mean? I hop tomorrow is better than today. Spent almost 7 hours today. It should have been 6 hours but they didn’t find the result after 2 hours wait time I was given. Just go prepared [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by livelystone(f): 5:00am On Jul 09, 2020
Good morning.
I just got an unconditional offer for PhD Business at University of Brighton. Is there anybody heading to Brighton? Let us hook up.

Also please I will like to ask
1. If I have to show the the total tuition for the 4 years in my account or just year 1.
2. I will be going with my husband and son, I know for my husband I should have like additional 6k+, like how much should I include for my son.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:15am On Jul 09, 2020
livelystone:
Good morning.
I just got an unconditional offer for PhD Business at University of Brighton. Is there anybody heading to Brighton? Let us hook up.

Also please I will like to ask
1. If I have to show the the total tuition for the 4 years in my account or just year 1.
2. I will be going with my husband and son, I know for my husband I should have like additional 6k+, like how much should I include for my son.

Tuition of one year is needed

Maintenance fee is the same per dependant. so you need the same . If you will study somewhere other than London, each dependant must show £680 times 9 so total £6120

Outside london
School fees : in full
Main applicant: £9135
Each dependants £6120

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by popplm(m): 6:22am On Jul 09, 2020
kingfish101:
Hello house,

Good morning. I got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh Napier University and I would be going there this September by God's grace, I would love to meet anyone going there as well. Thanks
welcome to ENU....you will love it here bro.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lianalexa: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

It's cheap o.

Cheap keee. I paid 5k for mine. Same alaagboon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2020
Is nobody going to Loughborough University?
Msc Artificial intelligence
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2020
Youngee34:
Is nobody going to Loughborough University?
Msc Artificial intelligence

Mehn you try o. That University is very expensive asf. Wanted to study advanced computer science until I saw I have to pay about £24,000 pounds for tuition whereas I could easily get other good Universities that have more cheaper rate. But it's a very good University especially in terms of computer science and you'll likely gain alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by livelystone(f): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2020
Thank you very much

LagosismyHome:

Tuition of one year is needed

Maintenance fee is the same per dependant. so you need the same . If you will study somewhere other than London, each dependant must show £680 times 9 so total £6120

Outside london
School fees : in full
Main applicant: £9135
Each dependants £6120
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2020
popplm:
welcome to ENU....you will love it here bro.

Thank you man. Are you at Edinburgh Napier already? Can we chat privately
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2020
DonTwice:

Mehn you try o. That University is very expensive asf. Wanted to study advanced computer science until I saw I have to pay about £24,000 pounds for tuition whereas I could easily get other good Universities that have more cheaper rate. But it's a very good University especially in terms of computer science and you'll likely gain alot.
what uni are you heading?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 9:25am On Jul 09, 2020
Expensive but good...

DonTwice:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2020
onecoder:

what uni are you heading?

UWE

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2020
dduchess90:
Expensive but good...

Yeah very good. It was one of my dream Universities but I have to cut my coat according to my size grin. Last last it's all about how you are able to impact the knowledge you've gained.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2020
DonTwice:

Yeah very good. It was one of my dream Universities but I have to cut my coat according to my size grin. Last last it's all about how you are able to impact the knowledge you've gained.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2020
I thought fg said it only Local flight ✈️ operating, one of my family friend just left Nigeria yesterday to the U.k, na wa for this Naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Heard of repatriation flights?

rs172:
I thought fg said it only Local flight ✈️ operating, one of my family friend just left Nigeria yesterday to the U.k, na wa for this Naija

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 10:29am On Jul 09, 2020
Same here
DonTwice:

UWE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 09, 2020
rs172:

Hmmm...so was mattfeuter right after all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by faks10: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2020
UK VAC centres opening dates for African countries.
How did we get to this point in Nigeria?
even South Africa with more Covid-19 cases and fatality rate have a date.
only Nigeria is still in the dark (uncertain)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Lol

And I was chopping insults just days ago chai cry

A friend went to Canada yesterday, infact I dropped him off. wink

What I noticed is , people are actually flying out of Nigeria but the tickets are very expensive. The guy got his Lagos to Toronto (One way) for N698,000 shocked shocked

The FG isn’t to be trusted.

I think someone/people is/are benefiting from the international airport still Officially closed to the public.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2020
mattfeuter:

Lol

And I was chopping insults just days ago chai cry

A friend went to Canada yesterday, infact I dropped him off. wink

What I noticed is , people are actually flying out of Nigeria but the tickets are very expensive. The guy got his Lagos to Toronto (One way) for N698,000 shocked shocked

The FG isn’t to be trusted.

I think someone/people is/are benefiting from the international airport still Officially closed to the public.

Let's trend a twitter hash tag, this might compel them to do something positive about reopening VAC and resuming international flight.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2020
Sanitizer:

Let's trend a twitter hash tag, this might compel them to do something positive about reopening VAC and resuming international flight.

Lol nice idea but do you really think they are bothered?? sad

Dem Buhari no dey bow down to that kind of pressure oh grin, at least they’ve opened our local airports to the public, let’s see what they do in the days coming.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
Someone should help with email to book for TB in Abuja.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pwettyhardey(f): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
DonTwice:

It's still applicable to IT. I can say from experience. I got an IT job in Canada, even my employer had to do a Labour market impact just so they could give me Visa but for where? They told my employer there are still many educated unemployed Canadians in the IT sector and he should still put the job advert out there for 10 more months (initially the job post had been up for 6 months and after series of interviews I was chosen) then once he doesn't get any from other suitable Canadian candidates in other regions for the job then he can start considering seeking for external candidates. After doing my own personal research I got to find out that in terms of education Canadians are highly educated to even University degree Level compared to the US where most of them simply finished just high school. So even if you are coming as an IT you need to either have a Canadian experience or at least 6 years of experience in the field in order to compete.

I have heard of this your experience before. Someone that stays in Canada said there are certain rules people that want to employ has to do before he can employ people outside Canada.
The guy explained that if you are in Canada, it's actually better than getting a job offer when you are outside Canada

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
rs172:

So that we don't get the wrongly agitated, your friend that left for UK yesterday, does he hold a British passport, is he a permanent resident in the UK, or does he normally live and work in the UK on a work visa?

Or is he just holding a regular visitor visa?

If the answers are any of the former, then he can actually travel to the UK with a special arrangement.

But if its the latter, then the Government is continuing to sow seeds of distrust in people's minds. I would like to know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
bayosegun:
Someone should help with email to book for TB in Abuja.

Thanks in anticipation

iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
mattfeuter:

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
pwettyhardey:

I have heard of this your experience before. Someone that stays in Canada said there are certain rules people that want to employ has to do before he can employ people outside Canada.
The guy explained that if you are in Canada, it's actually better than getting a job offer when you are outside Canada

That's true. Whereas I was unable to get the work permit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
Doyinh:
Same here

Nice!! We should definitely link up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
mattfeuter:

I have a quick question concerning the TB test. Should the name on my test result tally with the name on my passport (maiden name) or can I go ahead and use my husband's name?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

I asked how come, he said he just got a mail, that there is an available flight to London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
naledis:
Heard of repatriation flights?

Yea... are you saykng it may be a repatriation flight

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.