Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1097896 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
garuskoko:

So that we don't get the wrongly agitated, your friend that left for UK yesterday, does he hold a British passport, is he a permanent resident in the UK, or does he normally live and work in the UK on a work visa?

Or is he just holding a regular visitor visa?

If the answers are any of the former, then he can actually travel to the UK with a special arrangement.

But if its the latter, then the Government is continuing to sow s
eeds of distrust in people's minds. I would like to know.

An European citizen with Uk resident permit..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
rs172:

An European citizen with Uk resident permit..

Then your friend is free to go.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Calm054:

I have a quick question concerning the TB test. Should the name on my test result tally with the name on my passport (maiden name) or can I go ahead and use my husband's name?

It should tally with the name on your passport.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
mattfeuter:

It should tally with the name on your passport.

Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
Can we make payment for tb like two days before the appointment date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
bayosegun:

IOM advised payment be made three days before the test. You need to go along with your International Passport for sighting and prove of payment (hardcopy).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
bayosegun:

Yup

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MamaG2020: 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
I want to know apart from x-ray, is there any other test bn done at iom on that day.

Second, do they do x-ray for less than a year baby?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Guys I have just my statement of result and student copy of my transcript would this be problem when going for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
Yeah it's actually a good school, rated 4th in UK.
Anyways waiting for my CAS
DonTwice:

Mehn you try o. That University is very expensive asf. Wanted to study advanced computer science until I saw I have to pay about £24,000 pounds for tuition whereas I could easily get other good Universities that have more cheaper rate. But it's a very good University especially in terms of computer science and you'll likely gain alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
Omah7979:
Guys I have just my statement of result and student copy of my transcript would this be problem when going for visa?

Do you have your CAS yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thank u to Mimi and ma other buddies, that help in giving me head's up as per IOM tb test.

I did went well today and cert received.

Thank u all

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Just X-ray for adults. Children under 11 will only be examined by a doctor.
MamaG2020:
I want to know apart from x-ray, is there any other test bn done at iom on that day.

Second, do they do x-ray for less than a year baby?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MsChidi: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hey guys, I saw on bbcnews IG page that Priti Patel is considering shortlisting countries that can enter into the UK when it reopens, and countries that will not be shortlisted, will have to wait till the pandemic subsides. Just like EU countries have proposed. I saw it on my Instagram feed a couple of days ago, I tried to search for it again but couldn’t find it.

Is anyone privy to this news?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MsChidi: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Let me check dailymail if I would find it and copy and paste the link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
MsChidi:
Let me check dailymail if I would find it and copy and paste the link

I believe you're referring to the list of countries with which the UK has so-called "air bridges".
These are countries whose residents will not be required to quarantine on arrival in the UK, and vice versa.

The UK's borders never closed; the country remained open all through the lockdown, and is open now. You can go to the UK right now if you can find transport to take you there and have a visa or other form of leave to enter.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KellyEyimofe: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
I guess the wait will be over soon..

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sigh!!!

KellyEyimofe:
I guess the wait will be over soon..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
I think this is a good news..
In coming weeks TLScontact would be accepting new visa applications.

That's a relief from the British �� High Commission to Nigeria

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Oyigiyigi Olu Orun
Atoba jaiye
Eleda oun gbogbo
Gbobo araiye iba m’oriki re
Bawo ni’i iba ti dun to

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
SAMDEEA123:
Oyigiyigi Olu Orun
Atoba jaiye
Eleda oun gbogbo
Gbobo araiye iba m’oriki re
Bawo ni’i iba ti dun to

You sang it way better than some Yoruba folks����

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 12:19am On Jul 10, 2020
livelystone:
Good morning.
I just got an unconditional offer for PhD Business at University of Brighton. Is there anybody heading to Brighton? Let us hook up.

Also please I will like to ask
1. If I have to show the the total tuition for the 4 years in my account or just year 1.
2. I will be going with my husband and son, I know for my husband I should have like additional 6k+, like how much should I include for my son.

Brighton is nice area but a bit expensive due to the seaside. You can get cheaper accommodation in nearby towns like Hove, Preston Park, Portslade. Is few minutes on bus to the University. Am happy to help you with any information

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 12:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Tadebisi:

You sang it way better than some Yoruba folks����

AYOMIKUN jare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Horla27: 2:20am On Jul 10, 2020
Hello everyone . I’m sure this might not be the right place to ask this , but I have no option.

I will like to known if it’s possible for international student (Masters ) to get Canadian tourist visa while studying in Uk?

If yes, what are the requirements to apply as a student?

Anyone with information about this?
Your answers will be appreciated and helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Horla27:
Hello everyone . I’m sure this might not be the right place to ask this , but I have no option.

I will like to known if it’s possible for international student (Masters ) to get Canadian tourist visa while studying in Uk?

If yes, what are the requirements to apply as a student?

Anyone with information about this?
Your answers will be appreciated and helpful.

Yes na. Your passport and proof of funds to fund your stay.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kolladey(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Yes na. Your passport and proof of funds to fund your stay.
Can one also get US tourist visa while studying in UK? If yes, what are the requirements to apply? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:57am On Jul 10, 2020
kolladey:

Can one also get US tourist visa while studying in UK?
If yes, what are the requirements to apply?
Thank you.

You are allowed to apply from a location where you are resident, so you can apply for a US visa if you are studying in the UK.
Getting it is another thing altogether.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kolladey(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2020
Cyberknight:

You are allowed to apply from a location where you are resident, so you can apply for a US visa if you are studying in the UK.
Thank you sir. I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Horla27: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2020
Cyberknight:

Thanks for the response.
But I’m sorry, ‘Getting it is another thing together’ Does it is mean it’s hard to get ( Issued)as applying from Nigeria ?

Secondly, is anyone here going to Sheffield Hallam University in September 2020? If yes signify as I’m as well

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2020
@justwise.

Good Morning.

Please which exchange rate will one be judged on? is it the exchange rate on the day I submitted my application or the exchange rate on the day I book for biometric or the exchange rate on the day I pay my visa fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2020
Sanitizer:
@justwise.

Good Morning.

Please which exchange rate will one be judged on? is it the exchange rate on the day I submitted my application or the exchange rate on the day I book for biometric or the exchange rate on the day I pay my visa fee?

I believe it's the exchange rate on the day you SUBMIT your application online to the embassy.

But I'll advise you to SUBMIT and PAY for your visa fees on the same day in order to avoid confusing yourself. See attached

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Ladywinterfell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.